Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance Today's Top Viewed: Coding.. (Views: 70)

You must be REALLY new! - Tired

Posted: Aug 5th, 2015 - 5:27 pm In Reply to: NEW TO NUANCE-QUESTION FOR CURRENT MTS - DayDreamer

Either that or your former employer worked out a "deal" for you to be paid whatever you were getting at the hospital, or wherever. You WILL receive a substantial pay cut. You >>WILL NOT<< be able to support yourself on the money you get. But if you are only working part time, you maybe don't have to worry about that. Your pay will be one-third to one-half what it was. If you are supporting yourself, you may be able to qualify for SNAP (food stamps) and Medicaid, and maybe other things, like a reduced phone bill, reduced electric bill, etc. If you make one little mistake, your already low pay will be docked for it. Even if the mistake is typing "postoperative," rather than "postop," if they dictated "postop." They claim this has to do with patient safety, but show me what the difference is here and how that affects patient safety. I believe it has to do more with a chance to dock your pay, and like I said on another board here, figure $50.00 a WEEK for a couple of such mistakes as above. More if you get a CPSE ("critical patient safety error,") where they mark off 3 points and chances will be good that your pay will dip below minimum wage. And that would be for just ONE report per week, or maybe two of the lesser so-called "errors" above. They will NOT reverse "postoperative" versus "postop," by the way, because I tried to get it reversed. Which makes me think even more that so-called "mistakes" such as this are marked off for pay-docking purposes only and NOT for patient safety. Then you TSM will call you on the carpet for their having to make your pay up to minimum wage. As I said somewhere else, we shouldn't have to put up with this treatment. The only reason they do it is because they can. But I think things are changing and the job market might be getting better, and I heard the part-time market is getting good (probably because they don't want to pay a full-time person) but nevertheless if part-time is what you want, start looking and leave when they lower your pay to what Nuance REALLY pays, which is probably one-half to one-third of what you got before you were outsourced.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)