Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Coding.. (Views: 63)

I often wonder why people... - Happy

Posted: Jul 18th, 2015 - 6:30 pm In Reply to: Bad attitudes? - Does anyone even like their job anymore?

tend to complain about the "bad attitudes" but then feel the need to come on this board to talk about how superior they are because they're "happy" with their circumstances. Have you considered that maybe your standards are lower than others, that you don't mind being maltreated as long as you bring in some money? Why should someone be happy about being lied to, ignored, taken advantage of? I laugh at these "happy" people because most of you have deluded yourselves into thinking that this industry is still at its finest because YOU get work. You believe that you have made it despite that even 9 years ago (when I started in this industry), you could be making double and in many cases triple what you are making now. What happens when your company is sold out right from under you, and you find out AFTER the fact? What happens when "improvements" are made to the system, and they want to lower your rates once again because you can "do more work" on it? What happens if, God forbid, something happens to you while this is going on and you can't take your "happy" self outside to get a job (this is the case for many people)? What happens if you decide that you no longer want to do this job and you find out that it's hard to transfer your skills, no matter how valuable they are, to the outside world? I ask all of these things because it's not as simple as having a bad attitude, as you have convinced yourself you've been reading about. It's about people's lives being manipulated, sometimes through being blackballed, that you know nothing about. These companies are in cahoots with one another. Why do you think all of them offer substandard wages, benefits, offering only IC positions, etc.? These attitudes are about people having the rug ripped from under them and being lied to. It's about being made promises that never manifest. It's about having more and more benefits taken away than are maintained or enhanced and being shown we don't matter in an industry that we have given our all to. I care about these patients and the service they get. I also care about MY bottom line than I do about helping these MTSOs maintain theirs without giving anything back. So forgive me for making you feel that my "bad attitude" is a reflection on you and what you have. For the record, no matter how much I come on these boards and complain, and I think I can speak for others, my feelings about this industry is not a reflection on how I carry myself in my "real life." I'm one of the happiest people I know, but that doesn't mean that I can't feel some type of way about the way we are being treated in this industry because I know it's only a matter of time before full understanding finds it way into YOUR situation!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)