Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: GMR.. (Views: 49)

Bad attitudes - Everyone is different

Posted: Jul 18th, 2015 - 2:34 pm In Reply to: Bad attitudes? - Does anyone even like their job anymore?

It is hard to say about what is a bad attitude. I know women who don't have to work, live in half a million or more dollar home, travel, etc., kids in college and doing well and they complain about the most trivial stuff. I could scream.

As for being a happy MT. It is hard to say that too. I for one worked for MM and hated it and just couldn't do it. I was miserable and I quit when I found another job, which turned out as bad if not worse than MM. Then I was desperate and did find a PT IC position and now four years later, I am still doing it and I like it. The money is there as the work is there, but I choose to work PT, about 15-20 hours a week. It took me a while before I realized I had the control since I was an IC. Now I won't ignore the work if it is in danger of being out of TAT, but I don't sit at my computer all day waiting for work either. If I choose to work in the morning and there isn't any work, then I take the rest of the day off, if I want to.

Actually our TAT is always caught up. It is a small company, straight transcription and no ESLs. I think most of her MTs have been with her a long time. We have absolutely the best QA ever. They never send out those nasty e-mails about your performance or nit pick you to death. If you make a mistake and they catch it they send you an e-mail about it, case closed.

So attitude, happiness, well being is very subjective to say the least. I am happy when I am riding my bike or exercising, others wouldn't want to do that. So it is truly, different strokes for different folks.

I feel the complaining that we read on this board is just healthy venting and frustration, as we all know what a good job this was at one time and for the most part most MTs really did like their job. That is what sad!

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)