A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What is the measuring scale or unit for suction devices - in surgery? - (SM)

Posted: Jul 14, 2010

Here's the sentence:  "The chest tube was connected to the ______(s/l "Myella") suction, and it went down to zero on -23 _______ (s/l "meters"... could it be "mm"?)of suction.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!  Kiss

mL and maybe Argyle thora-seal?; - ddd

[ In Reply To ..]

suction is measured cm H2O, fluid removed in mL or Liter - ddd

[ In Reply To ..]

Thank you both! Im still plodding along thru this - report, but now I can fill in the blanks!

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Is It Pool Suction Or Pull Suction During A Cesarean Section?
Jun 14, 2014

I don't do OB reports very often anymore.  After replacing the uterus into the peritoneum and replacing the bladder blade, "warm 0.9 saline pull/pool suction was used..." Visually I could see letting the fluid pool before suctioning to check for any leaks, but I could also visualize that the suction apparatus could have a pull handle for easy maneuvering. Are there any OB regulars that could help me?  I didn't learn anything of value on a Google search and my Steadman' ...

Agno-me-ometer? Measuring Flexion?
Jan 07, 2010

Lumbar range of motion was assessed. She was able to forward flex only 30 degrees. This was a test using agno-me-ometer ...

Ancar Suction Device
Jun 23, 2011

"The ancar suction device was inserted through the incision."  This is being used to drain a thigh hematoma. s/l an-car Does anyone know what the type of suction device this is? Thanks ...

S/l Meshat Suction Apparatus
Jun 23, 2014

I'm working on a GYN procedure note where the doc is using what sounds like meshat suction apparatus.  Can anyone shed any light? ...

Systematically Suction Curetted S/l Was/with Return
Aug 20, 2010

contents were then systematically suction curetted s/l was/with return with a very small amount of gestational tissue. ...

Missed AB, Procedure S And C. Would That Be Suction And Curettage?
May 08, 2011

S and C procedure for missed AB?  Suction and curettage? ...

Debridement Of Maxillary Sinus Using Suction And _____ Instruments?
Nov 08, 2011

Blank sounds like tuchogie or tuckogie.  Any suggestions?  Thanks! ...

S/l No Leg Stim Unit
Nov 12, 2009

Left-sided L2-L5 medial branch radiofrequency neurotomy.  s/l no leg stim unit, 3 mV, good medial branch stim, 3 burns at each location . ...

Kens Unit
Mar 10, 2010

The patient relates that this area is tender from time to time and bothersome with her _______ unit.  (Kens???) ...

Unit Secretary
May 22, 2010

I am thinking about applying for a unit secretary position at a local hospital.  Hours are 7-3:30, full time, Monday through Friday.  Not sure about the pay scale yet.   Has anyone here worked in that capacity?  I think my medical terminology knowledge would be useful.   I am concerned about future employment in the MT field, especially the declining wage structure.     ...

Step-down Unit
Nov 12, 2010

Is 'step-down unit' capitalized? ...

Step Down Unit???
Aug 22, 2013

Step Down Unit, Stepdown Unit, Step-Down Unit  and  is it even capitalized??? This is confusing.  I searched this, and it is written multiple different ways at hospitals and other sites.  Sometimes written in upper case, other times in lower case.  I found a "step-down therapy" in Stedman's, but nothing about a unit.   Is there a correct choice, or just type what appears to be the best option? Any input would be appreciated.  Thanks so very much. ...

MT To Unit Secretary?
Mar 18, 2014

I know some folks have gotten out of MT and gone into different positions in hospitals.  I see a few local jobs online for unit secretaries and scheduling clerks that require no other specialized training other than terminology, and i am wondering if anyone has gone that route, is it a big learning curve? did you feel in over your head? It would be so far out of my range of comfort (haven't worked outside for almost 10 years) and not to mention having to get a wardrobe (although scrub ...

S/l PEEK Unit
Jun 03, 2015

dictated, "The incision was taken through the skin and subcutaneous tissues with the s/l PEEK unit down tot he fascial layer.   This is a knee revision arthroplasty.   ...

Unit Secretary Duties
Jul 19, 2012

Okay, AFAIK, a unit secretary is someone who works in a particular unit at a hospital, usually, and handles all sorts of duties. That much I know. But lately, some of the ads for this job seem to be adding on other duties that I didn't think a unit sec. had to know: CNA; monitor technician. So now you have to be trained as a CNA or take courses in telemetry to work as a unit secretary? ...

S/l Arched Motor Unit Potentials
Jan 08, 2013

Activation shows *s/l arched* motor unit potentials, especially in the gastrocnemius muscles bilaterally. Hope someone else is awake at this ungodly hour to help me out. Thanks! ...

Coronary Intensive Care Unit/Capitalize?
May 14, 2015

Should Coronary Intensive Care Unit be capitalized? Thank you. ...

Patient Was Upset By The S/l *ma-loo* On The Unit And Has Decreased Sleep" NM TIA
May 24, 2012

x ...

S/l "yangcar" Suction. Nm
Nov 03, 2009

nm ...

OSI Pay Scale - Sm
Oct 12, 2010

Can anyone give me a GENERAL idea of what OSI might start you out at per line?  I have a lot of experience but I know that doesn't matter much anymore.  I am not going through testing to find out the pay is 7-8 cents per line. Thanks for any help/suggestions. ...

New Pay Scale
Jul 10, 2011

So they took back that ridiculous and insulting "raise" of 0.001 cents per line I got a year or so ago and the 0.007 for speech wreck?  Figures.  I must have been making way too much now.  I shouldn't have even opened the E-mail.  ...

On A Scale Of 1 To 10
Feb 19, 2012

be specific.  Thanks!  ...

Pay Scale 3/6 - I Want A Job Like This...
Jun 04, 2014

Lets see if i make 3/6 a line that comes to   250 x 0.03 = 7.50 an hour  -- wow minimum wage. 150 x 0.06 = 9.00 an hour -- McDonald's wages. At 4/7 250 x 0.04 = 10.00 an hour  - Do you see the different 1 cents makes? 150 x 0.07 = 10.50 an hour   even if you did slightly better and could do 300 lines an hour editing you would only get 9.00 an hour.  So to make any money there, you would have to literally kill yourself.  TTS IS NO GOOD. period end of sto ...

Ostiomeatal Complex (or Unit) Versus Osteomeatal Complex
Feb 15, 2010

I do transcription for radiologists, and this comes up quite often.  Is it osteomeatal complexes with an "e" or ostiomeatal complexes with an "i"?  Sometimes they say ostiomeatal "units" instead of complexes.  These rads use Dragon, so I'm only proofreading and editing their reports, and it comes to me spelled in both ways, even from the same rad.  Any help here fellow MTs? ...

FOCUS PAY SCALE
Feb 11, 2010

I posted this question below but fear it will be buried. To those of you just hired at Focus, how's the pay scale? I currently make 8.5 straight/4.5 editing. Is it comparable to, higher than or lower than that? I'd never ask anyone to divulge their pay scale but I'm trying to get a feel for if it's better than where I'm at.  TIA to anyone willing to give me a ballpark hint here! ...

Webmedx Pay Scale
Mar 19, 2010

Experienced MT looking for new position.  Reading posts seems like Webmedx might be a good choice.  Can anyone give me an idea of earning potential for someone like me with 25+ years experience. Have been working independently for almost 20 years for a private physician who is now retiring and sold the practice to a young computer oriented doctor. Obviously I can see I'll be on my own soon.  Any advice is welcomed! ...

Psych Scale
Jun 23, 2010

The patient completed a PHQ and a s/l lupus Functioning Scale.  Lucas?  Can't document anywhere.  TIA. ...

Pay Scale For Transcription Gone Down?
Sep 13, 2010

Is it just me or has the pay scale for transcription gone down?  More often I'm seeing 8- 8.5 cents per line for independent contractors and 7 cents per line for employees.  Is this just some freak thing lately or is it the norm?  ...

Pay Scale Dropping
Oct 22, 2010

Does anyone else notice the pay scale is dropping for transcription to 7 cpl being standard now??? Was 8 cpl not low enough. Why are we accepting this??? Come on MTSO?  What's up with that?    ...

Incentive Pay Scale
Sep 19, 2011

I am wanting to submit a proposal to my company owner about implementing an incentive-based pay scale to help with some issues we are having with people not working consistently and to reward those who are putting in overtime, etc. I am having a hard time finding any information on this as far as like a sample scale. As far as I understand it you make your base pay say for example 7 cpl for the first x lines, then for the next y lines you make an additional 0.025 cpl and so on up the line... If ...