A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

debridement of maxillary sinus using suction and _____ instruments? - LHMT

Posted: Nov 08, 2011

Blank sounds like tuchogie or tuckogie.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!

Just a thought...sm - GT

[ In Reply To ..]
Some docs, especially ESL, will sometimes pronounce the word endoscopic with a long o sound as end-o-sco-pic instead of end-o-scaw-pic so could be saying endoscopic instruments and pronouncing it with a long o sound. ??

Thanks but I don't think so. - LHMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Definitely sounds more like tachogie or possibly technology instruments although does not pronounce the "n" for technology. Also not an ESL dictator so it is fairly clear. Thanks for the suggestion though!

I had to leave a blank. Thanks for trying. - LHMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Left a blank.

I'm late, but would Takahashi fit? - nm - jld

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Is It Pool Suction Or Pull Suction During A Cesarean Section?
Jun 14, 2014

I don't do OB reports very often anymore.  After replacing the uterus into the peritoneum and replacing the bladder blade, "warm 0.9 saline pull/pool suction was used..." Visually I could see letting the fluid pool before suctioning to check for any leaks, but I could also visualize that the suction apparatus could have a pull handle for easy maneuvering. Are there any OB regulars that could help me?  I didn't learn anything of value on a Google search and my Steadman' ...

Review Of Systems - No Pain To Fist Palpation Over The _____ _____ Or Spinous Process
Jan 08, 2013

BACK: No pain to fist palpation over the _____ _____ or spinous process On this one it sounds like he is saying "costal fistulae"??? Any thoughts? ...

Sic Sinus Or Sick Sinus Syndrome?
Nov 21, 2009

is it sic or sick sinus syndrome? HELP ...

The Patient Feels Like She Has ___(sounds Like Socked In) Discomfort In Her Maxillary Sinuses.
Oct 05, 2010

TIA ...

Ophthalmology Instruments
Dec 10, 2009

Replying to probably old message in Google.  Correct spelling of instruments commonly used in cataract extraction:  Utrata forceps, cystitome.  Procedure: capsulorrhexis.  ...

Best Surgical Instruments Books
Dec 19, 2013

For you all who do OP notes, what resources do you use to find the surgical equipment?  I have been an MT for quite a while, but I have just started doing OP notes and thank goodness I have access to other reports, but sometimes it takes a while to wade through so many reports to find a similar one.  So, I figured it might be easier to have a book at hand that had many of the instruments.  If you all have books, which ones do you recommend?  Thank you in advance! :) ...

Tympanoplasty Instruments *resolved*- Sm
Jul 18, 2014

I've seen other inquiries re: what s/l "barber" needle on tympanoplasty but can't find definitive reference (Is is eponymous and therefore capitalized?).   Re: the forceps - "Kalt" was closest I could find but don't see them being using in this type of procedure, and the ending letter sounds like a "b" or a "p".   "The external auditory canal was visualized once again.  A margin of 1 mm around the perforation was removed circumferentially; this was done with ...

Ancar Suction Device
Jun 23, 2011

"The ancar suction device was inserted through the incision."  This is being used to drain a thigh hematoma. s/l an-car Does anyone know what the type of suction device this is? Thanks ...

S/l Meshat Suction Apparatus
Jun 23, 2014

I'm working on a GYN procedure note where the doc is using what sounds like meshat suction apparatus.  Can anyone shed any light? ...

Systematically Suction Curetted S/l Was/with Return
Aug 20, 2010

contents were then systematically suction curetted s/l was/with return with a very small amount of gestational tissue. ...

Missed AB, Procedure S And C. Would That Be Suction And Curettage?
May 08, 2011

S and C procedure for missed AB?  Suction and curettage? ...

Debridement Of Burn
Dec 13, 2010

Hi...  Can't "hear" this at all, even though this question has been posted on here, not sure which form to use.   "Prior to the dressing, the arm was irrigated with s/l pulsatile/pulsar/pulsed  lavage with s/l assistance/system/solution of 3 L of lactated Ringers.   thanks! Barb   ...

What Is The Measuring Scale Or Unit For Suction Devices
Jul 14, 2010

Here's the sentence:  "The chest tube was connected to the ______(s/l "Myella") suction, and it went down to zero on -23 _______ (s/l "meters"... could it be "mm"?)of suction. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!  ...

Another Debridement Issue 2 Questions..
Dec 14, 2010

Okay, 2 issues this time. "This consisted of debridement of tissues down through the s/l  ulna 3 joints of her hand... but couldn't find anything to back up "ulna 3 joints"   "Further debridement into the distal s/l "farm" revealed that the TFCC and ulna bone itself was necrotic". I know it sounds obvious but it sounds like he IS saying "farm" and does so in several places in the report.   THANKS!!!! bv ...

I&D - Irrigation And Debridement Vs Incision And Drainage
Feb 09, 2010

Is there any clear way to know how I&D should be expanded?  Am I correct to assume irrigation and debridement for a wound and incision and drainage for an abscess? What about for a paronychia?  Right now I have a patient who was I&D'd recently for a paronychia, which is an abscess, so I assume it was incised and drained, but it also says the nail was debrided. ...

Sounds Like X-sate-sheil Debridement
Jun 07, 2011

Dictator is listing procedures done while patient is in the hospital.  She is referring to debridement on the heels.  Sounds like X-sate-sheil debridement.  Any ideas? TIA for any help.   ...

Debridement Note Word Help, S/l Stealed Tissue??
Nov 23, 2010

Op report of debridement - blank as follows:  I (s/l stealed) tissue over the in situ bypass. ...

Debridement - Patient Was S/l Freight/free Wrapped, Prepped
Aug 01, 2010

Patient was s/l freight/free wrapped, prepped, and draped in the usual fashion in the supine position. ...

Debridement - Under S/l Trachea Control I Excised The Necrotic Tissues
Aug 04, 2010

Under s/l trachea control I excised the necrotic tissues and dorsum of her right hand, the right metacarpophalangeal joint as well as her right wrist. ...

S/l "subacromial Decompression, Distal Clavicle Excision, And Debridement With RASTING Of A Lab
Dec 31, 2009

It definitely does not sound like grafting and I don't really believe that would be correct anyway.  I thought maybe RAST but I am having no luck with any of my searches.  Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks! ...

Totally Confused On The "endo" Surgical Instruments
Nov 18, 2012

Stedmans has endobag, Endoshears. endoscissors, Endo catch bag, EndoCinch...and on and on.  In other words no rhym or reason. and then you google and its all over the map.  Im going by Stedmans, anyone else find anything to the contrary? ...

ENT- Sinus H&P HELP!
Nov 12, 2010

Does anyone know what is being said in the bolded area below? I'm lost. Any help is appreciated. Paranasal sinus screen was performed and she has a right maxillary retention cyst with a left maxillary air-fluid level. There is a significant right NSD related to a left contubalosa. The remainder of the sinus are unremarkable. ...

Will Order _____ Legionella
Jan 15, 2010

Dictator says:  I will order ____ legionella.  It sounds like for-seat-um legionella. ...

Cognitively _____ Intact.
Jan 31, 2010

Dr. says "Cognitively _____ly intact"  It definitely ends in "ly" but i cannot tell what she is saying.  (Psychology report) ...

Possible _____ Exertion Syndrome
Sep 07, 2010

Trying to figure out what the doctor is saying....possible ______ exertion syndrome.Can you help me out? ...

_____ Continentals Open?
Nov 24, 2011

This is part of the physical exam and I can't tell if she is saying "Head" as a topic or "Had" and then something that sounds like "entry  or possibly adrenal continentals open?"  I think she is referring to the eyes but can't figure out what she is saying.  Any suggestions?  Thanks! ...

The Patient Was _____ From Anesthesia And Taken.....
Apr 12, 2013

You know most dictators say this at the end of an operative report- "The patient was (awoke, awaken?) from anesthesia and taken to the recovery room in stable condition." I would like to know once and for all what is the correct word to use- awoke, awaken or something else??? Thanks, Christine ...

Dementia Due To _____ Myopathy
Jul 24, 2014

Dictated:  He has a known severe dementia due to s/l ANN-juh-lick myopathy, with ongoing worsening progressive symptoms.   Any suggestions?  Thanks! ...

_____ Oil 4 Grams Daily.
Dec 30, 2014

Hyperlipidemia/hypertriglyceridemia.  Triglycerides are higher on the Zetia.  He is also noticing side effects; therefore, Zetia was discontinued.  Discussed the correlation between the fish oil and prostate cancer.  We will switch to _____ oil 4 grams daily.  This word definitely starts with a C or a K and it is a short word, but I cannot figure out what other oil supplementation is used for hyperlipidemia.  Help please.   ...

Suprasagittal Sinus?
May 26, 2010

Doing an MRI of the brain. Doc is clearly saying supra-sagittal sinus, but I cannot confirm this in my books or online.  ...