A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

is it pool suction or pull suction during a cesarean section? - research

Posted: Jun 14, 2014

I don't do OB reports very often anymore.  After replacing the uterus into the peritoneum and replacing the bladder blade, "warm 0.9 saline pull/pool suction was used..."

Visually I could see letting the fluid pool before suctioning to check for any leaks, but I could also visualize that the suction apparatus could have a pull handle for easy maneuvering.

Are there any OB regulars that could help me?  I didn't learn anything of value on a Google search and my Steadman's dictionary was no help.

Poole suction-nm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

TY! - NM - research

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Ancar Suction Device
Jun 23, 2011

"The ancar suction device was inserted through the incision."  This is being used to drain a thigh hematoma. s/l an-car Does anyone know what the type of suction device this is? Thanks ...

S/l Meshat Suction Apparatus
Jun 23, 2014

I'm working on a GYN procedure note where the doc is using what sounds like meshat suction apparatus.  Can anyone shed any light? ...

Systematically Suction Curetted S/l Was/with Return
Aug 20, 2010

contents were then systematically suction curetted s/l was/with return with a very small amount of gestational tissue. ...

Missed AB, Procedure S And C. Would That Be Suction And Curettage?
May 08, 2011

S and C procedure for missed AB?  Suction and curettage? ...

What Is The Measuring Scale Or Unit For Suction Devices
Jul 14, 2010

Here's the sentence:  "The chest tube was connected to the ______(s/l "Myella") suction, and it went down to zero on -23 _______ (s/l "meters"... could it be "mm"?)of suction. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!  ...

Debridement Of Maxillary Sinus Using Suction And _____ Instruments?
Nov 08, 2011

Blank sounds like tuchogie or tuckogie.  Any suggestions?  Thanks! ...

S/l "yangcar" Suction. Nm
Nov 03, 2009

nm ...

Diagnosis For Cesarean Section S/l Persistent "see-do" Tachycardia" Nm
Dec 10, 2009

x ...

Patient Is Going To Have A Cesarean Section And Doc Says "She Is "GDMA" 2....
Jun 27, 2010

is that gestational diabetes mellitus adult??? I found GDM but not GDMA Thanks! ...

Job Pool
Nov 07, 2009

How do you stop a report from coming back into your pool?  I've got a report that's suppose to be a psychiatric progress note but instead, it's a large operative report.  I don't do those but tried anyways and gave up.  I've done a break on the job but it keeps coming back every so many reports. ...

ER Pool
Sep 30, 2012

Are there any companies left with ER pools where all your work is ER? ...

DQM Is Not Working.is It Just Me? No CP And Im In The Pool!!!
Jan 23, 2011

oh my ...

Since We Are All In One Big Pool Of Work
Dec 05, 2013

wouldn't it be great if they could streamline the Client Profiles so they are not all so different?  I know this is wishful thinking, but it takes a good 5 minutes sometimes to read through some of these profiles ~ just ridiculous!   ...

One Giant Work Pool
Jan 18, 2011

What is the feeling of a company going to one giant work pool for all accounts and all MTs, meaning that every single MT has to know every single account specific and work type for any job that comes into their queue? Curious about thoughts on this... ...

Does Break Send A Job Right Back To The Pool?
Feb 17, 2010

I've been told abandon leaves the job out in limbo for a couple of hours. ...

Every ADT I Pull In
Nov 05, 2012

the physicians' names have a question mark beside them.  So that means we have to re-enter every single physician name on the entire ADT of every report?!  If so, then what was the point of that "upgrade"?  It's worse now than it was before!! ...

With A Pool Flip Of The Switch, Certain People Starve While Others Do The Work.
Oct 15, 2014

...budgets, forced early retirements, repossessed cars, mental distress...none of it matters to them. No supervisor has ever been held accountable for their deception, and no HR person fired for covering up for the crooked supes, indeed; the supes are given advice as to how best get rid of people without firing anyone. Just switch their pools, change the accounts they type on, they'll leave on their own. Your replacement is already being recruited and hired, people!  One week ago, a r ...

You Do Know It Kicks Me Offline Every Time You Change My Pool Midstream?
Mar 11, 2015

...and just not care that whole documents get lost mid transmission. I mean you DO understand the consequences, right, Nuance? ...

Still Cant Pull Old Reports??
Mar 08, 2010

I am at the right screen, entering in dictator last name, date range of "this month", and for facility name I am just entering in my company code.  Still nothing coming up? Do we have to select each hospital individually or are we able to look up by whoever types in our company code?   H eeeeeelllppppp ...

S/l Pull Suctor
May 19, 2010

Once the s/l pull suctor was coming back consistently clear or blood-tinged... This is regarding evacuation of hemoperitoneum.  Thanks in advance!!! ...

Pull Tip Sucker?
Aug 29, 2012

I'm working on an operative report and the doctor dictates that the fluid was evacuated with a "pull tip sucker."  I'm still looking online, but I have yet to find what I'm looking for.  Has anyone come across this yet? ...

Is There Any Way To Pull In A Doctor's Name
Jan 30, 2015

From the database and not get the credentials with it, that would make my life so much easier. First and last name that is. ...

Please Help....ready To Pull My Hair Out...
Jul 19, 2011

It sounds as if the dictator is saying "necrotic syndrome"  however, everything popping up in search is nephrotic syndrome.....this is going all the way through the report...I have slowed the dictator down and listened carefully and she continues to sound as if she is saying necrotic...is the such a syndrome?   thank you in advance for any help. ...

Can No Longer Pull Up Old Reports In Dep?
Jun 23, 2014

I went in to try and get an old report from DEP and all I can get is job submission stuff..anyone else? I rely pretty heavily on being able to pull up previous reports for crazy terms and this 30-day limit in Fluency is not cutting it. ...

READY TO PULL MY HAIR OUT. I Just Finished A
Jul 01, 2011

79.79 minute job by an intern who gave a day-by-day account of a 3-week hospital stay.  She repeated the same things over and over and over.  I HATE THOSE KINDS OF JOBS!!!!!!!!! ...

Can't Pull Up Prior Reports In Fluency
Feb 10, 2014

x ...

How Do We Pull Up A Report To Re-listen In Integra? Sm
Feb 19, 2015

Even with the job number, I can't get a report to pull up so I can make sure my FIESA is correct.   I must be doing it wrong.  ...

Straight Leg Raising Was Normal Without Hesitation Or S/l Pull-back Pain.
Feb 01, 2012

TIA ...

Gyn - CS Section
Oct 12, 2010

s/l Lexus O retractor ??? ...

Name Of Retractor Used In C-section
Apr 12, 2010

In a C-section -- dictates:  the midline revealed the peritoneum which was entered, extended superiorly and inferiorly and a s/l leksus O retractor was placed.    Thanks ...