A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

ancar suction device - cp

Posted: Jun 23, 2011

"The ancar suction device was inserted through the incision."  This is being used to drain a thigh hematoma.

s/l an-car

Does anyone know what the type of suction device this is?

Thanks

anchor - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

I thought it sounded... - cp

[ In Reply To ..]
I thought it sounded like anchor also but my internet search didn't realy have a definitive answer. So I thought it would be a "name" of a system!

Thank you.

Could it be Yankauer suction? NM - Cathy

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

Similar Messages:

Is It Pool Suction Or Pull Suction During A Cesarean Section?
Jun 14, 2014

I don't do OB reports very often anymore.  After replacing the uterus into the peritoneum and replacing the bladder blade, "warm 0.9 saline pull/pool suction was used..." Visually I could see letting the fluid pool before suctioning to check for any leaks, but I could also visualize that the suction apparatus could have a pull handle for easy maneuvering. Are there any OB regulars that could help me?  I didn't learn anything of value on a Google search and my Steadman' ...

Aortouniiliac Device Or Aorto-uni-iliac Device
May 27, 2015

hh ...

S/l Meshat Suction Apparatus
Jun 23, 2014

I'm working on a GYN procedure note where the doc is using what sounds like meshat suction apparatus.  Can anyone shed any light? ...

Systematically Suction Curetted S/l Was/with Return
Aug 20, 2010

contents were then systematically suction curetted s/l was/with return with a very small amount of gestational tissue. ...

Missed AB, Procedure S And C. Would That Be Suction And Curettage?
May 08, 2011

S and C procedure for missed AB?  Suction and curettage? ...

What Is The Measuring Scale Or Unit For Suction Devices
Jul 14, 2010

Here's the sentence:  "The chest tube was connected to the ______(s/l "Myella") suction, and it went down to zero on -23 _______ (s/l "meters"... could it be "mm"?)of suction. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!  ...

Debridement Of Maxillary Sinus Using Suction And _____ Instruments?
Nov 08, 2011

Blank sounds like tuchogie or tuckogie.  Any suggestions?  Thanks! ...

EEA Device
Nov 09, 2009

We accomplished this by placing in the purse-string of the biliary pancreatic limb the anvil of the 25 mm EEA s/l "eptikine" device. ...

Thrombectomy Device
Dec 03, 2009

Haven't heard of this one:  X-TRACTOR thrombectomy device?  "....crossed the occluded area going all the way distal to the posterolateral branch.  Next, using XTRACTOR thrombectomy device" ... Doc is saying is with emphasis making me think it's a brand instrument? anyone?  extrator device? or Xtractor?? ...

Tie Knot Device
Dec 11, 2009

How do you type Tie Knot device (fundoplication surgery) TIA ...

In Seal Device?
Feb 09, 2010

A laparoscopic in seal device was used to mechanically score the medial aspect of the sigmoid mesentery immediately caudal and cephalad to the inferior mesenteric artery ...

Guidant Device
Mar 05, 2010

S/L guidant "presumed" device.  Anyone have a clue? ...

Ancure Device
May 26, 2012

Hello All, If a doctor dictates endoluminal Ancure device 26 x 16...is that mm's, cm's or 26 mm x 16 cm. I tried to research online, but there isn't much help on this. Thanks for your time ...

S/l Ocomentis Device/see Msg
Jun 03, 2012

Hi all. I have an ESL dictator giving me a little trouble... We then performed a right hepatectomy in the usual fashion using a combination of Bovie electrocautery, (s/l) ocomentis device, and stapler for the hilum. Any help is greatly appreciated! ...

Airway Device
Sep 29, 2014

I had control of her airway with an oral airway as well with a – with (R blade)?? to use a um, bagging air device.    ...

External Pacing Device
Jan 05, 2010

Sounds like "Pacea" device. ...

Patten, Patton, Device?
Feb 02, 2010

In ophthalmology, I am looking at Patten/Patton device. I can not find this anywhere in searches or in the books I have available! Can anyone please direct me to the correct spelling? Thanks! :) ...

*infill* Or *insill* Device?
Apr 15, 2011

Operation is laparoscopic colectomy, splenic flexure takedown, etc. Here's the sentence:  "The line of Toldt was taken down using the _______ device, continuing across the splenic flexure." It sounds like "in-fill" or "insill" to me, but I haven't found anything even remotely similar either in references or online.  ...

Vascular Closure Device
Jul 12, 2011

Doing a balloon valvuloplasty and it sounds like doctor is saying "2 Perclose" of arteriotomy site - not Perclose, but something similar.  Anyone know?  Thanks in advance. ...

Recommend A Recording Device?
Oct 03, 2011

One of my clients is going digital (finally) and looking for a good dictation device. Can anyone recommend good ones and perhaps warn me what NOT to buy? Thanks in advance. ...

Solero Biopsy Device?
Dec 05, 2012

Cannot find spelling anywhere for Solero Biopsy Device. ...

Cardiac Device.. Please See Message
Jan 22, 2015

Doc is listing heart devices and says: including HeartMate III, HeartWare MVAD, Thoratec PHP, ""CIRCULATE"", and possibly the SynCardia Total Artificial Heart. I cannot find "circulate" as a name of a device. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks! ...

Inlet Device - Brand Name Or Description?-sm
May 31, 2010

"All 12 mm port sites were closed with the inlet device, using figure‑of‑eight 0 Vicryl stitches. " It's resection of a colon tumor and anastomosis using the da Vinci.  I've heard this before but can't find a definite answer:  Is it the "Inlet (brand) device" or "inlet (descriptor) device"?  Thanks. ...

REASONABLY PRICED MOBILE INTERNET DEVICE
Jun 11, 2010

I used to have a Verizon USB for my internet backup and to use on trips.  It was $60.00 a month.  Does any one know of a cheaper USB/air card internet service for traveling with my laptop and working?  Thanks. ...

S/l Varatensinar Device - He Is Removing A Previously
Nov 18, 2013

nm ...

Net Zero Wireless Broadband Device Question
May 25, 2014

Would this be considered unsafe because it is not a cable attached to the wall kind of situation? I'm trying to cut costs and wondered if this is an allowed way of doing MT work? Thanks in advance. ...

S/l "yangcar" Suction. Nm
Nov 03, 2009

nm ...

Type Of Cautery Device Used In Shoulder Arthroscopy
May 05, 2010

Dictated ... "I then used the S/L uni cautery device on the low setting to clean up the labrum." TIA ...

S/l Intella Device - Inserted When Pt Had Cardiac Arrest
Oct 02, 2013

nm ...

Blank Sonic Device In Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
Oct 28, 2013

working on a laparoscopic hysterectomy. It sounds like he is saying serosonic device.  looking at all the old reports it is Sonicision device.  BUT he is NOT saying that.  When I listened to the old report just to see if he just does not pronounce it correctingly, I hear the Sonicision in that report.  In my report, he is clearly saying ____ sonic device.  not harmonic.  not sonicision. The ____ sonic device was used to take down the fallopian tubes, then the Gyru ...