A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

coronary intensive care unit/Capitalize? - Sharon

Posted: May 14, 2015

Should Coronary Intensive Care Unit be capitalized? Thank you.

Check your Account Specifics - As all are different.

[ In Reply To ..]
But if nothing in your account specifics as to style, coronary intensive care unit as a stand alone phrase is lowercase but capped if it follows a specific CICU, such as the hospital name:

coronary intensive care unit

but

Idaho General Hospital Coronary Intensive Care Unit

coronary intensive care unit/Capitalize? - Sharon

[ In Reply To ..]
I thought so too, but wasn't sure.

Thank you!

Similar Messages:

Capitalize Urgent Care Facility?
Oct 12, 2009

He was seen at the urgent care facility becuase of his discomfort ...

Coronary Angiogram All You That Do Coronary God Bless You...Its Killing Me
May 21, 2010

By Avis or ovis criteria it was a very appropriate size stent. ...

MM ASR Is Getting More And More Editing Intensive.
Jul 15, 2013

For the last week, I have now been getting output without any punctuation! The commas have been gone for some time, but now the rest is gone. And they wonder why our line counts aren't going up. Shaw apparently thinks that the more ways we have to see our production, the more we will produce. LOL. The way to raise production is to get the ASR right! Until then, my production numbers will fall where ever they land as my production is the result of other people's work which I ha ...

To Capitalize Or Not To Capitalize, That Is The Question
Oct 17, 2010

Learning the book of style and trying to decide in this sentence whether or not to capitalize Neurology and pain medicine.    He was seen by Pain Medicine and Neurology. thanks in advance ...

S/l No Leg Stim Unit
Nov 12, 2009

Left-sided L2-L5 medial branch radiofrequency neurotomy.  s/l no leg stim unit, 3 mV, good medial branch stim, 3 burns at each location . ...

Kens Unit
Mar 10, 2010

The patient relates that this area is tender from time to time and bothersome with her _______ unit.  (Kens???) ...

Unit Secretary
May 22, 2010

I am thinking about applying for a unit secretary position at a local hospital.  Hours are 7-3:30, full time, Monday through Friday.  Not sure about the pay scale yet.   Has anyone here worked in that capacity?  I think my medical terminology knowledge would be useful.   I am concerned about future employment in the MT field, especially the declining wage structure.     ...

Step-down Unit
Nov 12, 2010

Is 'step-down unit' capitalized? ...

Step Down Unit???
Aug 22, 2013

Step Down Unit, Stepdown Unit, Step-Down Unit  and  is it even capitalized??? This is confusing.  I searched this, and it is written multiple different ways at hospitals and other sites.  Sometimes written in upper case, other times in lower case.  I found a "step-down therapy" in Stedman's, but nothing about a unit.   Is there a correct choice, or just type what appears to be the best option? Any input would be appreciated.  Thanks so very much. ...

MT To Unit Secretary?
Mar 18, 2014

I know some folks have gotten out of MT and gone into different positions in hospitals.  I see a few local jobs online for unit secretaries and scheduling clerks that require no other specialized training other than terminology, and i am wondering if anyone has gone that route, is it a big learning curve? did you feel in over your head? It would be so far out of my range of comfort (haven't worked outside for almost 10 years) and not to mention having to get a wardrobe (although scrub ...

S/l PEEK Unit
Jun 03, 2015

dictated, "The incision was taken through the skin and subcutaneous tissues with the s/l PEEK unit down tot he fascial layer.   This is a knee revision arthroplasty.   ...

Coronary Angiogram
Nov 03, 2010

S/L "lema" to the LAD... ...

Unit Secretary Duties
Jul 19, 2012

Okay, AFAIK, a unit secretary is someone who works in a particular unit at a hospital, usually, and handles all sorts of duties. That much I know. But lately, some of the ads for this job seem to be adding on other duties that I didn't think a unit sec. had to know: CNA; monitor technician. So now you have to be trained as a CNA or take courses in telemetry to work as a unit secretary? ...

Coronary Bypass Operative
Dec 31, 2010

A reverse saphenous vein graft was then constructed to the third obtuse marginal, brought to the circumflex using running 7-0 Prolene for old distal anastomosis and probing old distal anastomosis prior to completion of _______ (s/l    d-cert they were paytent??).  Cold blood cardioplegia was given through each vein graft with the completion of the distal anastomoses. I have hilighted the areas that I need help with.  Any suggestions?? ...

Another Sad Option For Medical Care Is Charity Care. Work With The People
Nov 06, 2014

...bills. Most Saint hospitals and others actually operate as non-profits, and for what they are screwing us over in taxes unpaid, they can afford to help out folks with their bills and still give their CEOs generous stock options and obscene salaries! But, you have to ask for this after your visit, treatment, x-ray, or ER visit. ASK for help if you need it. It is not our fault that suits are in charge of medical care in this country.  ...

S/l Arched Motor Unit Potentials
Jan 08, 2013

Activation shows *s/l arched* motor unit potentials, especially in the gastrocnemius muscles bilaterally. Hope someone else is awake at this ungodly hour to help me out. Thanks! ...

Coronary Angiogram S/l Vizitek 25 ML Was Used, See Message
Jan 29, 2010

I thought maybe Vasotec, but 25 mL!  I've googled and looked in the drug book and can't confirm that amount.  Maybe someone out there has expertise in cardiology.  Could this be a similar-sounding contrast medium, or maybe doc just misspoke. ...

Coronary Angiography/heart Catheterization..sm
Jul 18, 2010

A "two-five-twelve" Voyager balloon was then advanced into the occluded area and inflated to 10 atmospheres for 20 seconds. How do I write the numbers dictated?  2.5 x 12?  ...

Kinetics Wire For Coronary Angioplasty?
Sep 01, 2010

Has anyone every heard of Kinetics short wire for coronary angioplasty??? ...

Rigth Coronary Artery Stent--SM
Feb 02, 2011

Full sentence... "He had previous (S/L) PHILLIP right coronary artery stent in 2005 followed by a two-vessel bypass with vein graft to right posterior descending and another vein graft to the circumflex marginal." S/L "PHILLIP" stent, but it's not in my book and I can't verify it anywhere.  Has anyone come across this yet? ...

What Is The Measuring Scale Or Unit For Suction Devices
Jul 14, 2010

Here's the sentence:  "The chest tube was connected to the ______(s/l "Myella") suction, and it went down to zero on -23 _______ (s/l "meters"... could it be "mm"?)of suction. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!  ...

S/l Tuper Vesicle Coronary Artery Disease
Nov 19, 2010

Maybe it is too early and my brain is not fully functioning yet.  Any suggestions on the "tuper vesicle"?  Thanks. ...

Patient Was Upset By The S/l *ma-loo* On The Unit And Has Decreased Sleep" NM TIA
May 24, 2012

x ...

Medical History Of Non-obstructive Coronary Artery disease
Mar 09, 2015

The patient has a past medical history of non-obstructive coronary artery disease in the setting of a nomal "Gatten score".  ...

Cardiac Catheterization With *soundectomy* Of Left Anterior Descending Coronary Artery With Stenting
Mar 21, 2012

nm ...

Capitalize?
Nov 06, 2009

right-handed woman, a retired foreign service core officer ...

To Capitalize Or Not To Capitalize
Dec 13, 2010

Trying to understand BOS when capitalizing departments.  Doctor says to see cardiology tomorrow.  So is cardiology capitalized?  Anyone have an easy way of remembering the rule on this?  Thx in advance ...

Do I Capitalize?
Jan 19, 2012

I have seen tons of different ways to write the following and am wondering what is the actual correct way?  When using the words "type 2 diabetes mellitus" in a document, do you initial capitilize it or leave it all lowercase?  ...

Capitalize Fallopian? Nm
Mar 17, 2010

? ...

Do You Capitalize Urology?
Jul 30, 2010

I need help with capitalization. I have myself confussed with some of the ruling for departments and services.  With this sentence: The perineum and vagina were prepped and draped and the ureteral stent was placed by urology service.  Do you capitalize urology?  Thank you ...