A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Please include sentence the word was used in (sm) - Angie

Posted: Jun 10, 2013

I see so many requests for help with words without providing any info but what the word sounded like.  For most of these it isn't possible to help without knowing the sentence used (changing/omitting anything that would be a HIPAA violation, of course). 

Other details that could help would be patient's diagnoses, type of specialty or what heading it is under (Past Medical History, Allergies, Medications, Social hx, etc).

I also think that..... - Mom22dogs

[ In Reply To ..]
.....if you do ask for help and get a response, the person who asked the question should research the answer that was given just to make sure it's really the word they want (the person who answered your question could be wrong).

it's a continual problem - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

How Would You Word This Sentence?
Oct 19, 2009

Abdominal CT showed atherosclerotic changes in the aorta, multilobulated mass in the iliopsoas muscle hematoma, and extensive sigmoid diverticulosis but no diverticulitis.   TIA!!! ...

How To Word This Sentence?
Oct 30, 2009

When first seen, she had a very clear right-sided rest tremor, decreased right arm swing, and a right with gait, fairly significant posture instability, and mild increased tone on the right side with an otherwise normal exam. ...

A/l Entricks.. Not Sure How To Word This Sentence.
Oct 13, 2009

In the upper extremities she has decreased sensation in both hands consistent with median nerve entrapment at the carpal tunnel, is weak in the hand entriciks and particularly weak in the abductor pollicis brevis with atrophy of the same. ...

Word Help Please, Sentence Inside
May 31, 2012

The patient still has the s/l wedin soft tissue mass in the subcutaneous tissue at the distal aspect of his left total hip incision.  ...

ISR Not Capitalizing First Word In Sentence.
Sep 25, 2014

Anyone else having this a lot lately? It just seems that this should be something very easy for the ISR and yet it is continually NOT capitalizing the first word in a sentence - makes editing slow and tedious because of this glitch at times, because you can never trust it. You would think that would be one of the easier things for the ISR to do, so why is this continuing to be a problem I wonder? Just when I think the ISR is starting to get better with certain dictators and almost back to wher ...

Deleting Whole Sentence Short In MS Word 07
Nov 19, 2010

Hello there fellow MTs. I know that there is a short to delete a sentence to the next period in word, but I can't find it by googling it and I am wasting way too much time just pushing buttons.  If anyone knows this short and would like to share I would really really appreciate it. Since I am asking for a short, I will share the one I use the most.   Ctrl+bksp = Delete last word Ctrl+delete= Delete next word Thank you for any help! ...

Is Ganglionous A Word? I Can't Find It. The Sentence Is...
Jan 04, 2011

This (cyst) appeared ganglionous in nature.  Or should I use ganglionic, ganglial, or gangliar? ...

Would You Capitalize Restess Leg Syndrome In A Sentence, If It Does Not Start The Sentence?
Nov 20, 2009

nm ...

MS WORD HELP. Will Not Begin Sentence With First Letter In All Caps Anymore, Also The Letter "
Dec 20, 2009

A few weeks ago, for no reason that I can find, I cannot get the first letter of a sentence to be in all caps automatically, (unless I do it manually.)  The same for the letter " I " by itself when typed.   It was always automatic and now all of a sudden it is doing this and I cannot figure out how to change it back. Has anybody else had this problem, if so, how did you fix it? Thanks, appreciate the help ...

Would You Start A Sentence With The Word "Originally"
Oct 28, 2009

. ...

Any Recommendations On Questions To Include During
Sep 26, 2012

Am considering a position and have completed the testing process.  Seems there are always after-the-fact issues that people wish they would have known to address before jumping on board.  Would like to get some ideas beforehand if possible.   Thanks in advance for any insight you can share. ...

Are They Supposed To Include The 15-min OOW Punches...
Jan 05, 2015

.. in the "total hours" for the week when calculating our C-LPH?  My 15-min OOW punches from this past week were included in my total hours. If they had NOT included those OOW punches when they were calculating my C-LPH, I would have been put into the next tier... just barely... but I WOULD have made it into the next tier.  I emailed my TSM about it this morning but still haven't heard back yet.  Is this the norm? I could have sworn I read in the handbook that OOW punches are ...

Trailing 0's, Is This Just In Meds Or Does It Include Measurements, Like 8.0 Mm? Thx
Jan 15, 2013

I'm a little confused, is this just for drugs, or does it include lab tests and measurements like 8.0 mm? ...

Do QA Percentages Include The Stuff That Is Out Of Our Control?
Jan 21, 2013

I'm an ex-Transcender and when I was approving my time sheet this morning I noticed that my time sheet said my percentage sent to QA was 20.2%.  I have NOT sent this many reports to QA as blanks, but have sent a lot of stuff due to discrepancies, no demographics match, no dictation, etc.  Are they seriously counting stuff that we have NO control over against us for purposes of denying bonuses?  I asked my TSM if that would be the case after we got news of the new pay cuts and ...

Recruiters/MTSOs: Please Include More Detail In Your Hiring Ads
Oct 14, 2014

and the time of tech support people trying to do installs,  only to find out that the ICs computer doesn't have the required version of Windows or whatever to support your platforms. This is something we should know right up front,  along with line rates and such, before we even waste our time testing,  waste your and our time interviewing, and waste everyone's time in general,  only to find out our computer is not compatible with your platform. You've lost a ...

Help! This Is A Diagnostic Report And Does Not Include Past Medical Sm
Feb 28, 2015

history or any actual conditions.  Medication s/l Imodium lac D??? Possible that it is Imodium, s/l lac D (or maybe not Imodium at all and it is one word?) omeprozole is in list so he does have stomach issues.  I'm stumped.  Extremely fast dictator!!! ...

List Of Meds For Patient With CHF And Atrial Fib. Include Med S/l Petazopral.
Aug 11, 2011

Any help appreciated.  Thx. ...

Do Our Lines Per Hour Include Or Exclude Inactive Time?
Jun 18, 2014

When figuring your lines per hour, is that for the whole time you are clocked in or is inactive time deducted? ...

Chronic Medical Illnesses Include *patent* Cardiac Valve.
Oct 29, 2009

nm tia   ...

Line Counts - When Figuring Lines, Do Most People Include Spaces?
Jul 24, 2012

When figuring lines, do most people include spaces? ...

Recent Lab Studies Include An MRI Of The Head Showing Flare. Is This Flare Or FLAIR? ~nm
Mar 16, 2010

xx ...

High Risk Features Include "man Ish Ee All" Positive Margins.
May 20, 2014

Squamous cell carcinoma of the supraglottic larynx.  We recommend radiation therapy due to several high-risk features, including perineural invasion, "Man ish ee all" positive margins, and lymph node involvement with extracapsular extension. ...

"D-Code" Labs To Include This, What Is This And Did I Write It Correctly? Thanks!
Jan 12, 2010

nm ...

Acute Side Effect Of Radaition Therapy Include Skin Erythema And "tumor A Ditis" T
Dec 20, 2010

The acute side effects of radiation therapy include skin erythema, desquamation, and reaction called tumoraditis ...

Sentence Help ..
Nov 12, 2009

He was placed on levodopa therapy. With this, both him and his wife noticed his gait improved as well as the tremor. He has actually run out of this over the last 4 or 5 days and it may be a little bit of worsening.    That is typed as dictated, I am stumped as to cleaning it up. Also.. 'both him and his wife' does not sound right to me? or is it right. ...

Does This Sentence Look Right?
Nov 13, 2009

There is no weakness, overt numbness, loss of balance, loss of bowel or bladder, speech difficulties, visual difficulties, or lateralizing weakness. ...

Help With Sentence?
Nov 18, 2009

The next step is to obtain a CPK previous and then 1 after exercise.   Would you change 'previous' to before? ...

Help With A Sentence...do I Have It Right?
Feb 12, 2010

Here's what I hear...Evaluation for elective thymectomy in displacement with myasthenia gravis.  Not sure if it sounds like "in" or "and".  Which is correct?  Thanks for any help! ...

Help With Sentence
Mar 02, 2010

He had multiple facial fractures including bilateral  number three fracture, ligament injury in C7-T1, left hand fracture, T9 compression fractures, multiple rib fractures, right clavicular fracture, and left second metacarpal fracture.  Does this make any sense?  I have no idea what a number three fracture is, but he says it pretty clearly. ...

I'm Not Sure What To Do With This Sentence...
May 14, 2010

I'm transcribing a dictation by an Asian doctor and I'm unsure what to do with this sentence. I'm pretty sure it is exactly what he is saying.  "...drainage from her right ear 2-3 days ago. This happened after her swimming 2-3 days or had all this drainage."  The part I'm unsure about is after the first period.  Thanks in advance for any ideas!! ...