A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Do our lines per hour include or exclude inactive time? - mt

Posted: Jun 18, 2014

When figuring your lines per hour, is that for the whole time you are clocked in or is inactive time deducted?

Noooo, inactive time is included. - L&L

[ In Reply To ..]
The only thing they do with inactive time is calculate every month how much time is inactive time. They want it below 15%.

Similar Messages:

Calculating Lines Per Hour Versus Time Worked
May 14, 2010

Hi everyone:) Just wanted to know how to calculate a line rate based on the number of hours worked, which is for Transcend.  Got a "not so nice" message from my TL saying I had better adjust my lines AS SOON AS POSSIBLE to make it balance out with the # of lines I am producing, or else!!  I would like to know if 1 of you kind, wonderful MTs would help me.  Thanks!! ...

Inactive Time
Feb 19, 2015

Does everyone realize that we are given inactive time if the moronic dictator decides to call in and wait 300 seconds before actually dictating a report if they dictate anything at all?  I just did a 400 second transcription job and I spent the first 300 seconds listening to the news in the background while he talked about the news.  I finally type the report and get out of it and see that I was "docked" 2.48 seconds for having to listen to NOTHING.  I already got in trouble for " ...

Line Counts - When Figuring Lines, Do Most People Include Spaces?
Jul 24, 2012

When figuring lines, do most people include spaces? ...

Inactive Time/BOOST Bull!
Jun 28, 2012

Ok, not sure if I'm the only one who had this initial perception of the mentoring program and the BOOST initiative, but it is my impression that during my mentoring session it was kind of IMPLIED that if our inactive time decreased our pay would go up...me thinking my daily pay for SR. Inserted in there ever so sneakily from my mentor is the fact that the inactive time has NO BEARING WHATSOEVER on our daily production pay! A low inactive time only affects PTO, downtime, etc., pay which is ...

Got My ASR Production/inactive Time Statistics ;)
Jul 10, 2012

Of course I'm over the "target". Hmm.... they us answering the phone, searching the internet and walking away from the work station. One huge cause of inactive time they are conspicuously leaving out is taking the time to read client profiles! - Especially when I am getting many jobs outside of my usual BOB. I'm happy to do a good job - follow the CP, make sure I have the right drug and dosage because the doctor can't pronounce the drug well enough, find the correct name of a s ...

Inactive Time Figures For ASR Have Been Really Strange During The Past 2 Days.
May 06, 2013

nm ...

Anyone Else Notice A Dramatic Jump In Inactive Time This Week?
May 15, 2013

haven't had to google anything tonight and have 7 mins in 4 hours?!?!?!?!   ...

Wow. I Have Been Clocked In 45 Minutes, And My Inactive Time Shows As 34 Minutes.
May 08, 2013

It appears to be only counting the active time to be the actual time the audio is playing and not all the time I spend in ADT and formatting. Looks like they may be manipulating the figure to ding people "for not actively working" for long periods of time. Hmmm, building another way to fire people? ...

VR - How Many Lines Per Hour Do You Do? (sm)
Jan 21, 2010

With decades of experience as an MT, I'm just now getting into VR. I'd like to know, if you would please care to share, just how many lines per hour you are able to get with VR. I know this varies from person to person and platform to platform, but please, help me out with this! I'm terrified I'm going to go broke doing this! Thanks in advance. ...

VR - Lines Per Hour
Feb 05, 2010

I don't have much to compare to, as this is the only company I've worked for as an editor. I wanted to get an idea of the different platforms we each use and our lines per hour. Talking only about editing and not straight typing, what do you average lph and what platform do you use?  Thank you!  ...

How Many Lines Per Hour?
Sep 15, 2010

Trying to get an idea of how much I should be aiming for (working on building my speed).  How many lines per hour do you average?  (No VR or anything like that...just normal transcription).   Thanks!! ...

QA Pay Other Than By Lines Or By Hour
Dec 08, 2010

Hi! Just wanted to know... I have been told by others who are QA/editors that you dont always get paid by the line or by hour... some places pay them differently.  I dont understand how else you can get paid, that doesnt make any sense to me.  Anyone know anything about this?  I want to be an editor eventually but would like to at least make more than what I did when I transcribe.  thoughts? Thanks! Jiles ...

OTI Lines Per Day/hour - Sm
Feb 10, 2011

What is reasonable on the new account for which they are hiring?  Any feedback is appreciated. ...

350 Lines/hour
Jul 09, 2011

I was just offered a position with a company requiring 350 lines/hour.  Is this easily achievable.  My current line count is usually between 200-250. ...

QA Lines Per Hour/day
Nov 17, 2011

I have been promoted to QA and was wondering what the average line count you that do QA get in an hour or a day. I have been doing this for a few months and I am making about the same amount of money per month as I was with MT. Am I being too slow? I am afraid to speed it up for fear of missing something. My workload is about 50% fill in blanks and scan and 50% listen and read along full audit stuff. Right now I am averaging 400 to 450 lines an hour or 3200 to 3600 a day. I was hoping to make a ...

VR/ASR Lines Per Hour
Jan 04, 2012

My accounts were recently switched from typing to mostly ASR...I'm really struggling here!  It seems like I take longer to edit jobs than to type them out. (Of course, it would help if the ASR program was more accurate). Why is this so hard for me?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.     ...

ASR Lines Per Hour
Jul 10, 2013

Can anyone tell me what the average lines per hour average for either Nuance or MModel ...

400 Lines An Hour?
Jul 31, 2014

I'm just thinking back to that whoever person that posted on here about a week or two ago that says he or she easily makes $16 to $18 an hour at Nuance and has plenty of work and always gets paid on time.  A lot of replies said the poster is probably a fake and is someone from Nuance management or human resources who is desperate for people to hop on board.  I posted that it would be impossible to make $16 as an MT at Nuance, for you'd have to be nearly bionic in terms of yo ...

Lines Per Hour
Aug 10, 2014

How many lines per hour do you average doing straight typing?  I used to get paid by the hour.  The job I'm interviewing for is straight typing.   I know many factors come into play, but what is average? ...

Lines Per Hour Requirements
Jul 27, 2010

Can someone please tell me the lines per hour requirements as an MME for each of the following?  Thank you, I do not have e-mail with those requirements and needed to know.   Thanks again!!     TranscriptionASR/editing whatever they call itStraight QA   ...

To Get Decent Lines An Hour
Aug 04, 2010

Hi, I seem to struggle with line counts (a few years into MTing).  Some accounts I am fine with and some very slow.  Because of the nature of the work (and working from home), I have no way to gauge if the faster accounts are just abnormally easy or the slower accounts are abnormally hard.  - Do you all (who have decent line counts) feel like you are moving like a mad person or just moving along at a decent pace? Any ideas on how to tell what my issues are or what the scoop is?&n ...

Lines Per Hour - 65 Keystrokes Per Lin
Oct 01, 2010

I'm new at my first job.  I'm not earning much.  How many lines (at 65 keystrokes) should I be realistically be doing per hour?  Thanks ...

HOW MANY ASR LINES CAN YOU EDIT PER HOUR?
Jan 28, 2012

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but how many lines on average would you say you can edit with ASR per hour?  I think the most I have ever been able to do was around 250 myself.  I just wondered how I measured up with other MTs with the ASR jobs.  I remember a couple of years ago not long after MQ started up with ASR getting a company email describing an MT (no name was given) who could edit over 600 lines per hour and over 400 with straight transcription.   ...

Is This Required Lines Of 186/hour New?
Jul 22, 2012

I've been MIA for 2 weeks but may have to return to work tomorrow....sigh.   I was checking emails and saw the line requirement.  ...

When Did The Minimum LPH (Lines Per Hour) Go To 186?
Jan 29, 2013

OK...someone enlighten me please.  When did the minimum LPH go to 186?  Did I miss something in any of the various webinars?   Work faster, produce more lines, work more efficiently, make less errors, correct the MDs errors, work outside your shift regularly if you run out of work on regular shifts, help your fellow employees -- all for less pay. I'm ABSOLUTELY frustrated :( ...

Computing Lines Per Hour.
Mar 03, 2013

What are your lines per hour being computed on, total system hours or total clocked hours? I think it used to be total system hours, which are usually less  than clocked hours, meaning a higher line count per hour. ...

How Many Lines Per Hour Is Normal?
Mar 23, 2013

Just wondering. I always typed either per minute or per page. ...

Can Someone Tell Me What The Minimum Lines Per Hour For PT Are?
Jun 16, 2013

Was it 125 or 150? Thanks! ...

Nuance Lines Per Hour
Sep 19, 2013

Does anyone know how Nuance figures lines per hour.  We just moved to production pay and I'll be damned if I can figure out how they determine LPH.  What I see in EditScript and what they tell me are completely different but there is no rhyme or reason to it.  Seems like a crap shoot - I never know how I'm doing.  Thanks for any input.  ...

How Many Lines Do Ya'll Average Per 8 Hour Day?
Feb 04, 2015

and is that straight/VR or both? Thanks! ...