A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Recruiters/MTSOs: Please include more detail in your hiring ads - so we dont waste our time, yours, SM

Posted: Oct 14, 2014

and the time of tech support people trying to do installs,  only to find out that the ICs computer doesn't have the required version of Windows or whatever to support your platforms.

This is something we should know right up front,  along with line rates and such, before we even waste our time testing,  waste your and our time interviewing, and waste everyone's time in general,  only to find out our computer is not compatible with your platform.

You've lost a good IC MT now, because this fact wasn't presented in the first place, nor was it paid any attention to when I was sent some sort of diagnostic program to see what my computer specs were.  I believe the recruiter's email said  "I'm not a computer person, we will let the techs figure it out.."  which effectively wasted everyone's time right there.

And I do not have $275 to upgrade my computer to another version of Windows to get this job.  Thanks much for wasting my time, and some money to do a MS Word reinstall that was to solve the problem, only to find another problem that I can't afford to spend money on.

Gee, I bet I know exactly who you're talking about - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm curious myself as to why that's not posted in the ad. Not too keen on the hiring process either - A lot of waiting around for emails and never receiving a "straight-forward" answer to your questions. It was a lot of connect the dots type thing i.e. "you'll hear from this person after you hear from that person." Huh??? Why cant someone just answer my questions?

My computer didn't meet the specs either. I'm wondering if I should take this as a sign to keep looking.

Yes, keep looking and ask those questions up front - yourself if you have to, sm

[ In Reply To ..]
to avoid wasting your own time. Too bad if they want to waste theirs, it often includes ours.

I did find another company that my computer is perfectly suitable for and was working tonight.

which company are you guys talking about? - You can use initials

[ In Reply To ..]
I too did the testing and back and forths with recruiter until the diagnostics part kicked in at which point, after doing the transcribing successfully, recruiter dropped me suddenly without explanation. It occurs to me that these idiots have to justify their time, right? They get paid effectively to sort through, test, weed out, etc. If they got it right in an hour, how could they 'justify' the other 7 hours in their day? They want to waste our time--to ensure payment for theirs...

More Detail In Ads - outahere

[ In Reply To ..]
Absolutely! Why should we waste our time without knowing what line rate these companies are offering? CPL doesn't say anything. They want experience and dedication, computer knowledge and they want us to take the crap their IT people dish out, yet don't have the courtesy to post an intelligent, correctly spelled want ad with pay scale noted.

Similar Messages:

How Do MTSOs Get Away With Hiring Only ICs.
Dec 17, 2009

Is this just a scam so that employers don't have to pay benefits and employer taxes?  I bet if there was an audit, most ICs and MTSOs would be in trouble for using that classification improperly, especially for the full-time positions. I even applied for a full-time secretarial job in a small law office recently, and was told I would be hired as a contractor with no benefits.  I was stunned and declined.  I need to check with the labor department to see if some of my concern ...

To The MTSOs Constantly Hiring
Sep 24, 2012

So you want MTs to transcribe and edit VR who are skilled and experienced?  You want someone to be a mind-reader with your ESL dictators with no help from QA?  You want a reliable person who is going to work nights, weekends, and holidays for this pay?  Here's your problem keeping a good MT.  You pay 4 cpl for VR and 7 cpl to transcribe.  At the same time, you expect nothing from your clients.  They are allowed to tie up an MTs time with garbage to t ...

MTSOs Constantly Hiring, Low Pay, Etc
Sep 25, 2012

In the recent issue of For The Record magazine, 'MTs question compensation rates,' regarding the 13 MTs filing collective class action lawsuit against Transcend in May 2012...quote *Up until this point, as long as the MTs are willing to sit back and take whatever is given to them in terms of compensation and working conditions, then that's the way it's going to be. But now that a group of people have actually taken a stand and said, "We don't believe that this practice i ...

Any Small MTSOs Hiring P/t?
Apr 15, 2013

I have 3 years' exp in clinic work.  Any suggestions appreciated. ...

Could Anyone Recommend MTSOs That Are Currently Hiring?
Mar 30, 2014

Hello, I love to transcribe and edit and I sure need at least a part-time job right now, if not full-time, and I am having trouble finding out about an MTSO that is currently hiring.   I've been doing this since 1998 and this is the first time I have had such difficulty.  Could anyone out there recommend some MTSOs that are currently hiring?  They don't necessarily need to be big nationals, they could be smaller "mom and pop" MTSOs.  Some of the smaller MTSOs are ...

S/l Gerota's Fat...see Inside For More Detail
Dec 18, 2009

This is on an enhanced CT of the chest...   There is also interval development of a focal area of nodularity measuring 1.08 cm in diameter within the (gerotas jerotus, gerotous, jerotus) fat on the left in the vicinity of the previous biopsy which could represent inflammatory changes. ...

Job Typed, But Not On Statistics Detail Log Which
Jun 28, 2010

means I typed a job, but someone else got the credit for it.  Im new to MQ and I dont know what I did to have this happen.  I sure dont want it to happen again.  Has this happened to anyone else?  When IT researched the jobs it said it had been "discarded." ...

I Am A Detail Orient Transcripistionist, Er, I Mean Transcripionist...
Jul 16, 2012

Oh, and by the way, where the heck is Brandon? ...

Any Recommendations On Questions To Include During
Sep 26, 2012

Am considering a position and have completed the testing process.  Seems there are always after-the-fact issues that people wish they would have known to address before jumping on board.  Would like to get some ideas beforehand if possible.   Thanks in advance for any insight you can share. ...

Please Include Sentence The Word Was Used In (sm)
Jun 10, 2013

I see so many requests for help with words without providing any info but what the word sounded like.  For most of these it isn't possible to help without knowing the sentence used (changing/omitting anything that would be a HIPAA violation, of course).  Other details that could help would be patient's diagnoses, type of specialty or what heading it is under (Past Medical History, Allergies, Medications, Social hx, etc). ...

Are They Supposed To Include The 15-min OOW Punches...
Jan 05, 2015

.. in the "total hours" for the week when calculating our C-LPH?  My 15-min OOW punches from this past week were included in my total hours. If they had NOT included those OOW punches when they were calculating my C-LPH, I would have been put into the next tier... just barely... but I WOULD have made it into the next tier.  I emailed my TSM about it this morning but still haven't heard back yet.  Is this the norm? I could have sworn I read in the handbook that OOW punches are ...

Trailing 0's, Is This Just In Meds Or Does It Include Measurements, Like 8.0 Mm? Thx
Jan 15, 2013

I'm a little confused, is this just for drugs, or does it include lab tests and measurements like 8.0 mm? ...

Do QA Percentages Include The Stuff That Is Out Of Our Control?
Jan 21, 2013

I'm an ex-Transcender and when I was approving my time sheet this morning I noticed that my time sheet said my percentage sent to QA was 20.2%.  I have NOT sent this many reports to QA as blanks, but have sent a lot of stuff due to discrepancies, no demographics match, no dictation, etc.  Are they seriously counting stuff that we have NO control over against us for purposes of denying bonuses?  I asked my TSM if that would be the case after we got news of the new pay cuts and ...

MT Recruiters
Oct 10, 2012

Does anyone know anything about MT Recruiters? I know they charge. Are they any good? Thanks! ...

Recruiters
Nov 25, 2013

I've been thinking about how the recruiter who called me made Spheris sound wonderful, then Medquist took over, then M-Modal took over.  Then when I actually started, for a while it was OK, then I felt like I was duped about the working conditions. It seemed like something I have been through before, and now I remember.  I have never actually been in the military, but from what I was told by a couple people, the Army recruiters make it sound really good, and when you are in, it is terr ...

Ads From Recruiters
Feb 03, 2014

Responded to a recruiter ad recently because was curious about the ad.  The position sounded extremely good. Good line rate, paid time off, insurance. Ad was very specific about what they offered but vague on the company.  I bit. Recruiter called me back, very nice.  Everything sounded good. I was fired up and ready to go. Near the end of the call, I asked what company we were talking about.  The recruiter named 1 of the 2 biggies that have their own boards on ...

Job Recruiters
May 22, 2015

Has anyone ever run across a website where, for a monthly fee, someone finds you transcription jobs, sort of like Angie's List?  I saw it months ago and can't remember the  name.  Thank you. ...

Help! This Is A Diagnostic Report And Does Not Include Past Medical Sm
Feb 28, 2015

history or any actual conditions.  Medication s/l Imodium lac D??? Possible that it is Imodium, s/l lac D (or maybe not Imodium at all and it is one word?) omeprozole is in list so he does have stomach issues.  I'm stumped.  Extremely fast dictator!!! ...

MT Recruiters- Any One Have Any Info On Them? Nm
Jan 02, 2010

nm ...

Does Anyone Have Experience Using MT Recruiters?
Jan 16, 2010

Just curious if this is legitmate and if anyone has had success with them. TIA ...

Recruiters Who Don't Keep Appointments! Sm
May 16, 2012

I have a very busy schedule and presently work 2 jobs. Plan the time for an interview and wait and wait on a call that doesn't come. This is not the first time I have been "stood up" by a recruiter and that company definitely left a bad taste in my mouth. Now another one. I waste my few off hours taking their tests and corresponding for this? Yes, they do treat us like bums. ...

Nuance Recruiters
Sep 10, 2014

Okay, if this is how this company runs, I will not take the job.  I applied for a job for acute care.  They offered me the job.  I turned it down because at the time I was afraid to leave MModal whom I have been with for over 17 years.  MModal now wants me to start working weekends, which I know in this profession, they were going to get me to do it sooner or later.  Then I applied for the Ambulatory side of Nuance as they said it is a M-F position.  Passed the test ...

Some Recruiters Are Like Bad Boyfriends
Jan 20, 2015

They tell you pretty lies, and never call when they say they will.    ...

List Of Meds For Patient With CHF And Atrial Fib. Include Med S/l Petazopral.
Aug 11, 2011

Any help appreciated.  Thx. ...

Do Our Lines Per Hour Include Or Exclude Inactive Time?
Jun 18, 2014

When figuring your lines per hour, is that for the whole time you are clocked in or is inactive time deducted? ...

Question About Oracle Recruiters
Sep 25, 2010

Seeing the post below, I have a question about Oracle recruiters.  I have applied there several times, have 15 years of experience, and still no word from them.  Are their recruiters just rude or what?  I wonder because I have the experience, but I have on my resume that I have satellite and 64-bit Windows Vista.  Could that be why they are not responding to me?  It would be nice if someone somewhere along the line would respond to me by saying they do not support satellite or Vista, or wha ...

I've Been Actively Working With 5 Recruiters
Feb 14, 2013

For awhile now and have applied for tons of jobs outside the MT industry.  I haven't had a lot of luck until all of a sudden it's like an explosion of jobs just this week. I started tutoring elementary school kids in reading at 25.00 to 30.00 an hour.  I got my first student in 9 days for 3 days a week, and now I'm start several more - so working 10 hours per week and making 250-300. Sunday and Monday, I did a 2-day temp job at 11.50 an hour. Then, I got a call yester ...

ATTEN: NUANCE Recruiters/HR..
Apr 23, 2014

http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Nuance-Transcription-Services-Company-Reviews-E537513_P3.htm   Maybe you should see what your current and previous transcriptionists feel about working for your disgusting, nitpicky, greedy, company.     I really feel the bulk of these companies need to be blatantly aware of what they are doing to the industry from the inside out.  If they continue to outsource for "cheaper payouts" then prepare for cheaper quality.   ...

Questions To Ask When Talking To Recruiters
Jun 10, 2014

Does anyone know if there isa good website when asking general questions with MT recruiters?  Sometimes I forget to askcertain questions until after I  hagve hung up the pone?  I have made lists before, but would also like another opinion or two.  Thanks ...

I Wonder If Recruiters Jump From One Company To Another
Sep 23, 2014

position?    I seem to have seen several of the same names over the past couple months at different companies where I know I applied many months ago.  Some of them still as much of a "Jerk" as they were the first time around, not returning calls or emails even though they wanted to set up an interview. ...