A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Is ganglionous a word? I can't find it. The sentence is... - juice408

Posted: Jan 04, 2011

This (cyst) appeared ganglionous in nature.  Or should I use ganglionic, ganglial, or gangliar?

It's doctorese. Put ous, bility, lly, etc on the end of any - word and it becomes a medical term. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Otomy, ectomy, itis et al work the same way. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Okay thanks. Someone once told me if it wasn't in a dictionary don't use it. I guess I sho - juice408

[ In Reply To ..]
XX

Choice 1: I couldnt document it so blanked. Choice 2: But it is - what he said. Depends on acct which one. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Rule of thumb, any medical term can be combined - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
with another as long as it makes sense--whether in dictionary or not.

How about using ganglionic? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
:)

Similar Messages:

In Microsoft Word, Is There A Way To Find A Particular Word In A Document? I Have 20 Pages And I Nee
Mar 01, 2011

. ...

How Would You Word This Sentence?
Oct 19, 2009

Abdominal CT showed atherosclerotic changes in the aorta, multilobulated mass in the iliopsoas muscle hematoma, and extensive sigmoid diverticulosis but no diverticulitis.   TIA!!! ...

How To Word This Sentence?
Oct 30, 2009

When first seen, she had a very clear right-sided rest tremor, decreased right arm swing, and a right with gait, fairly significant posture instability, and mild increased tone on the right side with an otherwise normal exam. ...

A/l Entricks.. Not Sure How To Word This Sentence.
Oct 13, 2009

In the upper extremities she has decreased sensation in both hands consistent with median nerve entrapment at the carpal tunnel, is weak in the hand entriciks and particularly weak in the abductor pollicis brevis with atrophy of the same. ...

Word Help Please, Sentence Inside
May 31, 2012

The patient still has the s/l wedin soft tissue mass in the subcutaneous tissue at the distal aspect of his left total hip incision.  ...

Please Include Sentence The Word Was Used In (sm)
Jun 10, 2013

I see so many requests for help with words without providing any info but what the word sounded like.  For most of these it isn't possible to help without knowing the sentence used (changing/omitting anything that would be a HIPAA violation, of course).  Other details that could help would be patient's diagnoses, type of specialty or what heading it is under (Past Medical History, Allergies, Medications, Social hx, etc). ...

ISR Not Capitalizing First Word In Sentence.
Sep 25, 2014

Anyone else having this a lot lately? It just seems that this should be something very easy for the ISR and yet it is continually NOT capitalizing the first word in a sentence - makes editing slow and tedious because of this glitch at times, because you can never trust it. You would think that would be one of the easier things for the ISR to do, so why is this continuing to be a problem I wonder? Just when I think the ISR is starting to get better with certain dictators and almost back to wher ...

Deleting Whole Sentence Short In MS Word 07
Nov 19, 2010

Hello there fellow MTs. I know that there is a short to delete a sentence to the next period in word, but I can't find it by googling it and I am wasting way too much time just pushing buttons.  If anyone knows this short and would like to share I would really really appreciate it. Since I am asking for a short, I will share the one I use the most.   Ctrl+bksp = Delete last word Ctrl+delete= Delete next word Thank you for any help! ...

Cannot Find This Word
Jul 28, 2011

The doctor has performed a biopsy, finding basal cell epithelioma. He found the lesion on the right sounds like "pena."  I can't find this word anywhere! ...

Word Find
Sep 07, 2011

Dictator is referring to a "gala" on the patient's skull.  Also, a postop healing wound is referred to as a "size."  Any ideas?  Thanks for your help! ...

Can't Find This Word
Feb 02, 2012

he is talking about a list of complications and after a few, he says "a _______ s/l muriate or marriott of complications" I just can not find the word.  He is trying to say a whole lot of complications.  Any help greatly appreciated.  Of course just googling it brings up the marriott hotel.  TIA ...

Unable To Find The Word
May 27, 2010

Physical examination was significant only for a soft abdomen with bloody urethra zurnich. Is there a word as zurnich? I am unable to find the word. ...

Path Word Can't Find
Mar 16, 2014

Dr says swirled needle in "phydolite" of Fidolite ? Can't find anywhere & my company does not answer either. Thanks for your help. This is a breast lesion sent to path. ...

S/l Evaluding .. I Have Heard This Word, Just Cannot Find It
Nov 12, 2009

the brain on repeat and this does show an evaluding right cerebellar stroke ...

Dr. Says Inattentional , But Unable To Find Word..
Nov 18, 2009

I suspect that his problem may be inattentional. I wonder about the possibilities of both depression and hearing loss.   That word struck me as odd so I looked it up, and cannot find it, but I find inattention of course.  Just wondering how someone else would put that. ...

Has Anyone Ever Heard Of Biparesis? I Cannot Find This Word (sm)
Apr 29, 2011

any where and it is driving me nuts!.  This is a student dictating and she states "the patient has facial s/l biparesis." Thanks so much! ...

Help, I Can't Find A Word And I'm Taking A Test
Nov 15, 2011

I'm taking a test and I've come across a word I can't find.  It sounds like ramidamisus.  Thanks in advance.  Sunnee ...

Anyone Know Why This Text Is In MS Word Find And Replace Box
Dec 16, 2014

When I use Control + F and the Find and Replace box opens up, why is this text already in there? [0-9] {1,} ...

I Need MS Word Version 2010 And Can't Seem To Find It
Jan 21, 2015

can someone help me; for some reason I am having terrible time finding it, preferably download, but disc ok. Word 2003, 2007, or 2010 32 bit. ...

Would You Capitalize Restess Leg Syndrome In A Sentence, If It Does Not Start The Sentence?
Nov 20, 2009

nm ...

Can't Find Word Doctor Even Wrote It Out Pancreatobiliary Tract??? Ever Heard Of This??
Jun 04, 2010

MS WORD HELP. Will Not Begin Sentence With First Letter In All Caps Anymore, Also The Letter "
Dec 20, 2009

A few weeks ago, for no reason that I can find, I cannot get the first letter of a sentence to be in all caps automatically, (unless I do it manually.)  The same for the letter " I " by itself when typed.   It was always automatic and now all of a sudden it is doing this and I cannot figure out how to change it back. Has anybody else had this problem, if so, how did you fix it? Thanks, appreciate the help ...

Would You Start A Sentence With The Word "Originally"
Oct 28, 2009

. ...

I Can't Find The AHIMI Salary Survey. Anyone Know Where I Can Find This?
Dec 20, 2011

TIA ...

Sentence Help ..
Nov 12, 2009

He was placed on levodopa therapy. With this, both him and his wife noticed his gait improved as well as the tremor. He has actually run out of this over the last 4 or 5 days and it may be a little bit of worsening.    That is typed as dictated, I am stumped as to cleaning it up. Also.. 'both him and his wife' does not sound right to me? or is it right. ...

Does This Sentence Look Right?
Nov 13, 2009

There is no weakness, overt numbness, loss of balance, loss of bowel or bladder, speech difficulties, visual difficulties, or lateralizing weakness. ...

Help With Sentence?
Nov 18, 2009

The next step is to obtain a CPK previous and then 1 after exercise.   Would you change 'previous' to before? ...

Help With A Sentence...do I Have It Right?
Feb 12, 2010

Here's what I hear...Evaluation for elective thymectomy in displacement with myasthenia gravis.  Not sure if it sounds like "in" or "and".  Which is correct?  Thanks for any help! ...

Help With Sentence
Mar 02, 2010

He had multiple facial fractures including bilateral  number three fracture, ligament injury in C7-T1, left hand fracture, T9 compression fractures, multiple rib fractures, right clavicular fracture, and left second metacarpal fracture.  Does this make any sense?  I have no idea what a number three fracture is, but he says it pretty clearly. ...

I'm Not Sure What To Do With This Sentence...
May 14, 2010

I'm transcribing a dictation by an Asian doctor and I'm unsure what to do with this sentence. I'm pretty sure it is exactly what he is saying.  "...drainage from her right ear 2-3 days ago. This happened after her swimming 2-3 days or had all this drainage."  The part I'm unsure about is after the first period.  Thanks in advance for any ideas!! ...