A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Do QA percentages include the stuff that is out of our control? - sm

Posted: Jan 21, 2013

I'm an ex-Transcender and when I was approving my time sheet this morning I noticed that my time sheet said my percentage sent to QA was 20.2%.  I have NOT sent this many reports to QA as blanks, but have sent a lot of stuff due to discrepancies, no demographics match, no dictation, etc.  Are they seriously counting stuff that we have NO control over against us for purposes of denying bonuses?  I asked my TSM if that would be the case after we got news of the new pay cuts and the way the bonuses would be structured and she said she'd have to find out what they are counting toward the percentage and get back to me.  I still haven't heard anything.

If so, there is no way I will ever get my bonus because the account I'm on has a lot of doctors who make dictation mistakes and I send a lot of discrepancies to QA.  Do I have to start sending error-filled reports through to the customer with dictation errors from the doctor, no patient names because they're not in the system yet for an H&P, no dictation reports, etc.?  It's darned if you do, darned if you don't, because if I send all that stuff through, I risk it being caught and not getting my bonus because my QA score will drop, but if I send them to QA, I won't get my bonus because my QA percentage is too high.  Evil, evil company.  I started looking for a new job as soon as I got news of the gigantic pay cut, and luckily I'm out of here in a month when I start my new job, but I'd rather just quit and live out of a box under a bridge then work for the devil.... er, I mean Nuance.

Yes. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

sad isn't it - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Yep I'm on one of those accounts too. I seen my QA% and knew I didn't pend that much for blanks, but I knew I did pend a lot for speaker/ADT feed issues and mandatory dr pends. My percent was 20% as well. What a crock.

I read that there is a test you have to take - re Fiesa before going SM

[ In Reply To ..]
on the new platform EBYTX that scores your understanding of how they mark off for minor/major errors. I wonder if this kind of stuff was explained.??

I was told those things would NOT count. I would ask TSM about this. NM - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

I asked TSM and she said she'd have to get back to me. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Yes, it does, unless - you dispute it.

[ In Reply To ..]
I had a similar pay period where I was denied the production incentive because they said I sent 18% of my lines to QC. I kept records, and my records showed that only 12% of those lines were due to blanks and the rest were things beyond my control. I disputed it and I eventually got paid the production bonus for that pay period. Unless you keep records, though, you won't remember why you sent those particular jobs to QC. I kept records of every job number I did, who the speaker was, his or her ID number, the length of the job, how many blanks I left, to whom I pended the job if I did (NTS or client), and why. If there was anything unusual about the job, I made a note about it as well. I kept my job log in a Notepad (.txt) file that I could keep open while I was working on EditScript and it didn't take me long. But that's the only way I had the information on which to base a dispute of production incentive denial.

Similar Messages:

How Is This For Percentages?
Jan 09, 2014

I was curious so when my least favorite dictator came up a little while ago, I decided to count how many errors in her report. It was an approximately 8 minute report, approximately 89 lines. There were 35 errors. These were not all one word errors. There were dates wrong, vitals wrong, of course medication list was a mess as usual. I did even take the time to look at another report to look for an allergic med I didn't understand. The med she mentioned was not on the list on the old ...

CORRECT WAY TO WRITE PERCENTAGES
Feb 20, 2010

Which is correct ..... 5 to 10%  (that's how it is worded) or 5% to 10% - or five to ten percent??? ...

If It Were Not So Laughable I Might Be Upset. Their Fake QC Percentages
Feb 26, 2015

...when they need a boatload of us "unfavorables" to resign so they can hurry up and give former QC (previously it was the team lead) people our slots. Nuance should realize that, at the very least, some of us have learned to transcribe right through their stupid bogus scripts, some have even had the same script twice, it has happened so frequently, and we have learned how to do screen shots and keep meticulous records and ... warn others about it. So, especially you folks who have been ...

Amphion - Deductible, Percentages, Or Cost For Single?
Jul 15, 2010

I'm interviewing with this company this week. Can anyone give me recent experience with this company? Is the pay fair? How user-friendly is their system? Can you give me info on medical benefits such as deductible, percentages, or cost for single? Really any recent information is very helpful and much appreciated. Thank you! ...

Any Recommendations On Questions To Include During
Sep 26, 2012

Am considering a position and have completed the testing process.  Seems there are always after-the-fact issues that people wish they would have known to address before jumping on board.  Would like to get some ideas beforehand if possible.   Thanks in advance for any insight you can share. ...

Please Include Sentence The Word Was Used In (sm)
Jun 10, 2013

I see so many requests for help with words without providing any info but what the word sounded like.  For most of these it isn't possible to help without knowing the sentence used (changing/omitting anything that would be a HIPAA violation, of course).  Other details that could help would be patient's diagnoses, type of specialty or what heading it is under (Past Medical History, Allergies, Medications, Social hx, etc). ...

Are They Supposed To Include The 15-min OOW Punches...
Jan 05, 2015

.. in the "total hours" for the week when calculating our C-LPH?  My 15-min OOW punches from this past week were included in my total hours. If they had NOT included those OOW punches when they were calculating my C-LPH, I would have been put into the next tier... just barely... but I WOULD have made it into the next tier.  I emailed my TSM about it this morning but still haven't heard back yet.  Is this the norm? I could have sworn I read in the handbook that OOW punches are ...

Trailing 0's, Is This Just In Meds Or Does It Include Measurements, Like 8.0 Mm? Thx
Jan 15, 2013

I'm a little confused, is this just for drugs, or does it include lab tests and measurements like 8.0 mm? ...

Recruiters/MTSOs: Please Include More Detail In Your Hiring Ads
Oct 14, 2014

and the time of tech support people trying to do installs,  only to find out that the ICs computer doesn't have the required version of Windows or whatever to support your platforms. This is something we should know right up front,  along with line rates and such, before we even waste our time testing,  waste your and our time interviewing, and waste everyone's time in general,  only to find out our computer is not compatible with your platform. You've lost a ...

Help! This Is A Diagnostic Report And Does Not Include Past Medical Sm
Feb 28, 2015

history or any actual conditions.  Medication s/l Imodium lac D??? Possible that it is Imodium, s/l lac D (or maybe not Imodium at all and it is one word?) omeprozole is in list so he does have stomach issues.  I'm stumped.  Extremely fast dictator!!! ...

List Of Meds For Patient With CHF And Atrial Fib. Include Med S/l Petazopral.
Aug 11, 2011

Any help appreciated.  Thx. ...

Do Our Lines Per Hour Include Or Exclude Inactive Time?
Jun 18, 2014

When figuring your lines per hour, is that for the whole time you are clocked in or is inactive time deducted? ...

New Stuff
Oct 13, 2009

How do you get the new stuff. Can't see anything earlier than 10/08 on the boards. ...

When Someone QAs Your Stuff......
Feb 14, 2011

Hi - when QA gives you feedback on a blank you had, are they supposed to (ethically is it proper) for them to continue on and reprimand you, for example,  with "I did find the same thing you blanked at Google.  You need to go to Google." or are they supposed to just correct, and then have your account manager talk to you?   Thanks! ...

ASR - How Does It Come Up With This Stuff?
Mar 19, 2012

ASR:  "She could not tolerate beta blockers or recent hamburgers for cardiomyopathy."   Dictated:  "She could not tolerate beta blockers or ACE inhibitors for cardiomyopathy."  ...

Where Is MM ASR Getting This Stuff??!
Jan 31, 2013

I just got a report where words were added that were essentially a diagnosis that could match the symptoms and treatment the patient had, but THE DOCTOR NEVER SAID THAT! Talk about adding words! Now MM ASR is diagnosing patients along with all the other extra words it adds. At least this string of words was obvious, but there are a lot of little care-changing words added that could be missed. It's amazing what it makes out of thin air when the doctor isn't dictating as it's ge ...

Chronic Medical Illnesses Include *patent* Cardiac Valve.
Oct 29, 2009

nm tia   ...

Line Counts - When Figuring Lines, Do Most People Include Spaces?
Jul 24, 2012

When figuring lines, do most people include spaces? ...

I Am Getting All New Stuff Today...sm.
Oct 19, 2009

first is open smart stitch sutures correct as is? and second is it times 2 or x2?  Never had this before. :-). tia.   ........This was treated with a subacromial decompression and repair of the rotator cuff using the open smart stitch sutures x 2. ...

FUNNY STUFF
Apr 22, 2010

The patient had been trying to wean himself sexually from the PCA. ...

Wow I Like How All The WMX Stuff Disappeared. Nm
Sep 19, 2010

nm ...

Legal MM Stuff
May 06, 2014

Hi all, Sorry if this has been discussed, but I don't come around here much anymore because I left about 2 years ago. However, I keep getting legal mumbo-jumbo paperwork regarding their bankruptcy. Do I need to do anything? I really can't quite decipher all this stuff, but I want to make sure I don't get summoned or something---unless they have a million dollars for me. Are you all just tossing it? Thanks! ...

I Just Want To Know How This Stuff Gets Printed
Dec 10, 2014

ARS: round ligament could not be seen or identified, did not seem to be coming "off a rope swing." Dictated: round ligament could not be seen or identified, did not seem to be coming "through." Clearly dictated, no slur, no pause, no nothing. Where does this come from? It is no longer funny, it's pretty darned sad. This program has been training for at least 10 years that I can remember, probably more ...

I Will Never Understand How Looking At QC Stuff
Jan 30, 2015

in FIESA is supposed to help my quality if I CAN'T go back and relisten to what I missed. I don't like taking somebody's else's word for it and I certainly don't like putting my initials that I reviewed it. If I missed it, I would be the first to admit it, but I don't ever really know if I missed something or not. I know it doesn't count against the QA score, but it's still aggravating. Sometimes, being able to listen a second time would make everything cl ...

QC Out Of Control
Jun 12, 2013

It looks like I'm not alone judging by the posts I just read but have to vent anyway. Anyone else think QC is out of control? The minor things they are editing for defeats the whole purpose of having eScription. There are dictators I've done for years that I used to breeze right thru and now I find myself micromanaging every chart, to make sure every pause has a comma or period. All this is just slowing me down and then the clients wonder why their account is so far behind? I can' ...

Fair Standards Act/getting Together On This Stuff
Jan 04, 2010

Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place, but it seems like with all the screwing over that some of these companies do to us (and I know it's no accident that they don't encourage us to communicate amongst ourselves), few people here are suggesting some way of getting together to "encourage" the companies we work for to screw us over less, or at least less painfully. I know there's a Fair Standards act, for example, that supposedly covers even us (working on production). Whi ...

Legal Stuff For MTs--employees And ICs
Apr 26, 2010

I've read several of the posts regarding MTSOs requiring MTs to complete HITECH training on their own time, work over 40 hours without reporting it, or forcing ICs to adhere to a schedule, etc.  Although not an attorney, I'm very close to an employment attorney, and here is a summary of the laws.  Please check out the FLSA (Fair Labor Standards Act) under www.dol.gov and check out your own state specifically.    EMPLOYEE STATUS:  1.  It is ...

If This Is ASR How Does It Make Up Such Believable Stuff
Aug 05, 2012

Like if your in a report that normally uses certain phrases and the doctor hesitates and says NOTHING for awhile, the ASR is putting in headings or text that could go with the report..its crazy...and this ASR with DCQ7 SUCKS ROYALLY...worse then the last version by a mile and a half...Progress huh? ...

Head's Up People With This PTO Stuff
Aug 06, 2013

something is about to blow up. Can't put my finger on it just yet, but be prepared. ...

Throwing Bad Stuff Back!
Jan 27, 2014

It is so frustrating to be working when only a few others are working and having the job#'s progressively increase, but then have a really horrible dictator's file come in that was hundreds of jobs before the rest in your box!  In other words, being thrown back. If you have your client set to show TAT, you can see it in the TAT too!  Like file 1 being at 18:05, file 2 being at 18:05, file 3 being at 18:03, but then file 4 being at 16:55.  If this happened with any of t ...