A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Deleting whole sentence short in MS Word 07 - MTPrincess

Posted: Nov 19, 2010

Hello there fellow MTs.

I know that there is a short to delete a sentence to the next period in word, but I can't find it by googling it and I am wasting way too much time just pushing buttons.  If anyone knows this short and would like to share I would really really appreciate it.

Since I am asking for a short, I will share the one I use the most.  

Ctrl+bksp = Delete last word

Ctrl+delete= Delete next word

Thank you for any help!

deleting in Word 7 - typetypetypeaway

[ In Reply To ..]
I am not sure about deleting sentence to the next period in a word. I know that you can delete a whole line by placing your mouse in front of the sentence you want to delete and either single clicking or double clicking. The entire line should be highlighted for you to delete. I don't use Word 7 a lot, but thought it works the same as the older versions of Word. Give it a try and see. Hope this helps.

best way to do this... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Ctrl+arrow will allow you to jump from word to word.

Ctrl+Shift+arrow will allow you to select the text as you jump; then delete.

In this way, you can select entire sentences, paragraphs, etc. Best of all, it's a mouse-free maneuver.

It's a big time save for me! Hope you enjoy it too!

It's called Extend Mode in Word. Hit F8, then type - s/m

[ In Reply To ..]
your period or next letter you want to go to and it will all be highlighted. Just hit the delete key. Hit the escape key if you make a mistake and need to try again.

Look up extend mode in the help file to see others ways to use the F8 shortcut.

great tip! - thanks

[ In Reply To ..]
I never knew that !!

Similar Messages:

Deleting A Word From DocQscribe Dictionary
Nov 20, 2009

HELP!  Can anyone tell me how to delete words from the spellcheck dictionary?  I accidently added a misspelled word to the dictionary that i don't want in there and can't figure out how to get it out!  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  ...

Short Cut For -year Old In Word
Sep 27, 2013

Hi there, Can anyone please tell me the short cut so I can just creat an autotext for -year old patient. I am working in Word and every time I try to do this with the hyphen, a space is left between the age of the patient and the hyphen ie: 27 -year old, instead of 27-year old. I have forgotten the trick to do this. Thanks, kdm ...

Keystroke Short Cuts Word 2003
Jan 17, 2015

I work on the Beyond Text platform and would like to know if anyone knows the keystroke short cuts for Word 2003 while in a document (such as speeding/slowing dictation). Some of the ones listed under the tabs do not work for 2003.  Thank you.   ...

Does Anyone Know The Short Keys For Opening The Lookup Function In MS Word 2010?
Feb 18, 2014

Does anyone know the short key sequence for opening the Lookup function in MS Word?  I use it a lot! TYIA! N/M ...

How Would You Word This Sentence?
Oct 19, 2009

Abdominal CT showed atherosclerotic changes in the aorta, multilobulated mass in the iliopsoas muscle hematoma, and extensive sigmoid diverticulosis but no diverticulitis.   TIA!!! ...

How To Word This Sentence?
Oct 30, 2009

When first seen, she had a very clear right-sided rest tremor, decreased right arm swing, and a right with gait, fairly significant posture instability, and mild increased tone on the right side with an otherwise normal exam. ...

A/l Entricks.. Not Sure How To Word This Sentence.
Oct 13, 2009

In the upper extremities she has decreased sensation in both hands consistent with median nerve entrapment at the carpal tunnel, is weak in the hand entriciks and particularly weak in the abductor pollicis brevis with atrophy of the same. ...

Word Help Please, Sentence Inside
May 31, 2012

The patient still has the s/l wedin soft tissue mass in the subcutaneous tissue at the distal aspect of his left total hip incision.  ...

Please Include Sentence The Word Was Used In (sm)
Jun 10, 2013

I see so many requests for help with words without providing any info but what the word sounded like.  For most of these it isn't possible to help without knowing the sentence used (changing/omitting anything that would be a HIPAA violation, of course).  Other details that could help would be patient's diagnoses, type of specialty or what heading it is under (Past Medical History, Allergies, Medications, Social hx, etc). ...

ISR Not Capitalizing First Word In Sentence.
Sep 25, 2014

Anyone else having this a lot lately? It just seems that this should be something very easy for the ISR and yet it is continually NOT capitalizing the first word in a sentence - makes editing slow and tedious because of this glitch at times, because you can never trust it. You would think that would be one of the easier things for the ISR to do, so why is this continuing to be a problem I wonder? Just when I think the ISR is starting to get better with certain dictators and almost back to wher ...

Is Ganglionous A Word? I Can't Find It. The Sentence Is...
Jan 04, 2011

This (cyst) appeared ganglionous in nature.  Or should I use ganglionic, ganglial, or gangliar? ...

Would You Capitalize Restess Leg Syndrome In A Sentence, If It Does Not Start The Sentence?
Nov 20, 2009

nm ...

MS WORD HELP. Will Not Begin Sentence With First Letter In All Caps Anymore, Also The Letter "
Dec 20, 2009

A few weeks ago, for no reason that I can find, I cannot get the first letter of a sentence to be in all caps automatically, (unless I do it manually.)  The same for the letter " I " by itself when typed.   It was always automatic and now all of a sudden it is doing this and I cannot figure out how to change it back. Has anybody else had this problem, if so, how did you fix it? Thanks, appreciate the help ...

Would You Start A Sentence With The Word "Originally"
Oct 28, 2009

. ...

Deleting Old Emails
Aug 17, 2010

The company I used to work for didn't want us to delete old emails in their system. I can't find anything in MQ saying if we are allowed to delete old emails or if we are supposed to keep them all. Anyone know?   ...

Deleting PTO In Schedulesource
May 12, 2011

Anyone know how to delete PTO in schedulesource that has already been approve?  I need to delete it but can't figure it out. ...

Deleting A Message
Sep 26, 2011

Please tell me how to delete my posted message.  When I go to the edit/delete message button, it will only let me edit, not delete the message.   Thank you. Lmac ...

Anyone Have A Tip They Can Share For Deleting
Nov 02, 2014

When doing VR, which of course is 98% of the time, I keep my hands at the bottom of the keyboard, left hand near Cntl, right hand hovering over the arrow keys.  Since there is a lot of deleting to do, you have to reach up to the top right corner of the laptop to press delete.  Of course I always have to look to make sure I don't accidentally hit insert.  It's so annoying.  Is there an easier way that I'm not thinking of?  Any suggestions would be SOOOO app ...

Does Deleting 1, 2 Or 3 Words Now Generate
Sep 05, 2010

xx ...

Deleting Express Scribe
Sep 15, 2010

Help!  I downloaded Express scribe as a trial because a company I was going to apply with uses it.  But it is not compatible with the company I am presently working for.  How do I get rid of Express Scribe?  Thanks! ...

Deleting Unused Expansions..
Nov 18, 2010

How does one delete the many unused expansions from old accounts when NOT working in DocQscribe??  Do you log in and check that little box that says something about no audio??  I have soooo many I don't use anymore just taking up space.... ...

Deleting A File From Adobe
Aug 23, 2014

Does anyone know how to delete a file from Adobe Reader 9? Five documents show up at the bottom of the screen. If I click on file and then open, it asks for the document name. I type it in, but then it says it can't find it. I accidentally opened something extremely personal on my work computer and want to get it off. Thank you for any help. ...

Short Pay
Mar 01, 2013

Looks like I will have made approx $250 after working for two weeks.  A total of 48 hours in 2 weeks if I can get in an 8 hour day tomorrow.  Brother.  ...

Vetac....can't Think Of What It Is Short For??
Nov 23, 2009

cardiology ...

Short Fingers With Lab. :)
Oct 18, 2010

Whenever I type lab, I slow down. My fingers are short and I have trouble reaching the number characters on the keyboard. I want to type lab fast too. Are there tricks that I can do to boost my typing when doing lab values? TIA :) ...

Short Cut For Hypotension
Nov 04, 2011

For the life of me, I cannot figure out an easy shortcut for the word hypotension.  I have tried a few things but they conflict with my other shortcuts i.e. hypothyroidism.  Brain dead today.  Can you suggest something?  TIA ...

Short Reports
May 03, 2012

What are considered "short reports" according to line counts?  It seems to me I have been typing a lot of them lately.  Today,  I have edited around 20 reports with only 1 being over 30 lines.  This is typical on my account, but I am new so not sure if that has something to do with it or not.  I have a pretty high requirement to hit, but with at this rate, it is pretty slow going. Is this pretty common? Thanks. ...

Short Cut For -year-old
Jun 11, 2012

How can I get a short cut created for -year-old.  I used to know how to do this but have forgotten.  Tyvm. ...

Short On Hours
Sep 03, 2013

When you are a little short on hours, why do they tell you to add some and what do you put for a reason? ...

Short Rant
Jan 01, 2014

I would love to have just 1 stinking report that I didn't have to renumber every list in that report.  Of course it has to be done manually which just slows me down!  Mission accomplished.  Short but sweet, I'm done.  Happy New Year all.  At least we know we have one constant in our lives other than having to pay taxes and die.  ...