A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Trailing 0's, is this just in meds or does it include measurements, like 8.0 mm? thx - MT56

Posted: Jan 15, 2013

I'm a little confused, is this just for drugs, or does it include lab tests and measurements like 8.0 mm?

Leave it - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Measurements are precise, so leave the trailing 0.

Thanks, QA is confusing me! nm - MT56

[ In Reply To ..]
xxxx

Similar Messages:

Conflicting QA, Trailing Zeros, I Know Meds Don't Have Them, But What About SM
Mar 31, 2013

lab results like hemoglobin 7.0? Thanks. ...

List Of Meds For Patient With CHF And Atrial Fib. Include Med S/l Petazopral.
Aug 11, 2011

Any help appreciated.  Thx. ...

Trailing Zero
Mar 07, 2011

I know this has been discussed gazillion times, but let me make sure I have this straight: Do you only drop the trailing zero on medications.  Keep it there for labs and instruments?  ...

Anyone With Static/trailing Off Words
Nov 04, 2010

My issues started Sunday before I upgraded, when the same problems came up, document extremely slow, lost some Command Key functions, tortuous work.  After I upgraded, this stopped.  But M/T/W the sound quality was bad, terrible on a few jobs but I tolerated it, until Wed when ithat's all I seemed to get, loud old phone-line bad connection clicking, voices trailing off on each word, had a dickens of a time filling in all the blanks, 1 report for 1 hour, the others about 3/4 hour e ...

Measurements
Jul 22, 2010

Should tablespoon be spelled out in a letter or abbreviated tbsp?  "Take 1 tablespoon/tbsp of potassium daily." TIA. ...

Cc Or ML When Used For Nonliquid Measurements?
Apr 21, 2010

Hi all,   Out of curiousity, we have some radiology doctors here who use the abbreviation 'cc' when referring to measurements that are non-liquid.  We usually change cc to mL but in that case it does not seem appropriate.  Has anyone else come across this and is this the proper abbreviation to use, or is there another one we should know about, or are the doctors using the incorrect terms?  Thanks for any input anyone out there can give me! Maggie ...

Xylocaine Measurements
Jan 11, 2011

plastic surgeon dictating for breast aug. Which measurement is more, Xylocaine 0.5% with 1:400,000 epinephrine or Xylocaine 1% with 1:200,000 ?  I ask here only because he's not in today. any help with explaining it would be fantastic. tia ...

Pathology Measurements
Mar 08, 2012

I was training in pathology.  I was told if they say two centimeters to type 2.0 cm, but if they say two millimeters, type it 2 mm and not use a .0 for mm.  Anyone else heard of this?? ...

Echo Measurements
Mar 02, 2013

Could anyone who works for MModal tell me if in the echo reports there are headings for measurements such as sinus of Valsalva or aortic annulus? ...

Measurements On The Echo And Says What Only S/l Fraction 27%
Jun 16, 2010

He is giving the list of measurements on the echo and says what only s/l fraction 27%.  It is not ejection fraction because he lists that later as 40%. ...

Typing Measurements Correctly
Oct 01, 2010

If the doc does not dictate .0 after measurements, is it correc to type it anyway?  i.e. 11.0 x 12.0 x 1.2 cm    or 11 x 12 x 1.2 cm? ...

Was/were In Regard To Liquid Measurements
Apr 21, 2011

So I'm not completely clear on this.  I know liquid measurements are grammatically to be treated singly--"20 mL of normal saline was given."  My question is whether this applies when it's not necessarily a liquid measurement but is currently applied to a liquid.  The sentence is "Then, 4000 units of heparin [was/were] given."  I want to pick 'were', mainly because 'was' sounds wrong and 'units' are not a solely liquid measurement like m ...

M-mode Measurements Term S/l TAP-C
Oct 30, 2012

i'm typing an echo report, and a new term he said under M-mode measurements.  Has anyone of you encountered a term s/l TAP-C under M-mode?  TIA ...

Any Recommendations On Questions To Include During
Sep 26, 2012

Am considering a position and have completed the testing process.  Seems there are always after-the-fact issues that people wish they would have known to address before jumping on board.  Would like to get some ideas beforehand if possible.   Thanks in advance for any insight you can share. ...

Please Include Sentence The Word Was Used In (sm)
Jun 10, 2013

I see so many requests for help with words without providing any info but what the word sounded like.  For most of these it isn't possible to help without knowing the sentence used (changing/omitting anything that would be a HIPAA violation, of course).  Other details that could help would be patient's diagnoses, type of specialty or what heading it is under (Past Medical History, Allergies, Medications, Social hx, etc). ...

Are They Supposed To Include The 15-min OOW Punches...
Jan 05, 2015

.. in the "total hours" for the week when calculating our C-LPH?  My 15-min OOW punches from this past week were included in my total hours. If they had NOT included those OOW punches when they were calculating my C-LPH, I would have been put into the next tier... just barely... but I WOULD have made it into the next tier.  I emailed my TSM about it this morning but still haven't heard back yet.  Is this the norm? I could have sworn I read in the handbook that OOW punches are ...

Do QA Percentages Include The Stuff That Is Out Of Our Control?
Jan 21, 2013

I'm an ex-Transcender and when I was approving my time sheet this morning I noticed that my time sheet said my percentage sent to QA was 20.2%.  I have NOT sent this many reports to QA as blanks, but have sent a lot of stuff due to discrepancies, no demographics match, no dictation, etc.  Are they seriously counting stuff that we have NO control over against us for purposes of denying bonuses?  I asked my TSM if that would be the case after we got news of the new pay cuts and ...

Recruiters/MTSOs: Please Include More Detail In Your Hiring Ads
Oct 14, 2014

and the time of tech support people trying to do installs,  only to find out that the ICs computer doesn't have the required version of Windows or whatever to support your platforms. This is something we should know right up front,  along with line rates and such, before we even waste our time testing,  waste your and our time interviewing, and waste everyone's time in general,  only to find out our computer is not compatible with your platform. You've lost a ...

Help! This Is A Diagnostic Report And Does Not Include Past Medical Sm
Feb 28, 2015

history or any actual conditions.  Medication s/l Imodium lac D??? Possible that it is Imodium, s/l lac D (or maybe not Imodium at all and it is one word?) omeprozole is in list so he does have stomach issues.  I'm stumped.  Extremely fast dictator!!! ...

Do Our Lines Per Hour Include Or Exclude Inactive Time?
Jun 18, 2014

When figuring your lines per hour, is that for the whole time you are clocked in or is inactive time deducted? ...

Chronic Medical Illnesses Include *patent* Cardiac Valve.
Oct 29, 2009

nm tia   ...

Line Counts - When Figuring Lines, Do Most People Include Spaces?
Jul 24, 2012

When figuring lines, do most people include spaces? ...

Looking For Some Meds...
Dec 20, 2009

Hi... doctor dictates patient is allergic to s/l ic or hick ter rel.  Also, another med s/l zena pril.  Any ideas?    Merry Christmas!  ...

Meds
Aug 11, 2010

Two meds in medication list - s/l Feerquag 250 mg twice a day s/l Abantil 20 mg at bedtime ...

Meds Help
Sep 22, 2010

Doc dictates 2 meds for pt - s/l "care-dih-pull all" and "pro-mid-per-all".  Pt has BPH and Parkinson's.  I thought carbidopa, but this doc is pretty clear usually and it definitely does not sound close.  They both end in the "all" sound. Ideas? ...

Meds --- PHY 6B--- Help Please SM
May 19, 2011

The patient is currently taking hydrochlorothiazide and PHY 6B she said it is a solid pill and is a supplement.. ...

Help With Meds - Sm
Apr 13, 2013

One med is running together - s/l either acon, toprolol (? she means Toprol), or acontoprolol.  Either way, I'm not able to come anywhere near to finding the one that s/l acon or akon. The other s/l pro keratine XL.  I can find something on the web called Pro Keratin XL, but not sure about it. Thanks! ...

Meds For RA
Mar 18, 2015

The patient was on Remacaid but has swtiched to another medicine s/l Arinesic?   Thanks ...

OTC Allergy Meds
Nov 07, 2009

Hi, I'm transcribing a doctor's note that's describing the patient's allergies and how the patient has tried various OTC drugs, including 'pseudometafecin' but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to spell that correctly; I've tried all of the different variations that I can think of (sudometofecin, pseudometaphecin, etc.) and tried looking up 'allergy medications' and coming up with squat. I have a feeling I'm very close to how it may ...

Numbers And Meds
Feb 04, 2010

I know we should type the sentence below as: Advair 250/50 1 puff twice a day but to me, that looks like it could be confusing when the dosage and amount of med are so close together.  I know we're not supposed to do it like this but this is what I type instead: Advair 250/50 one puff twice a day. Am I committing a horrible crime here?      ...