A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Any recommendations on questions to include during - my phone interview?

Posted: Sep 26, 2012

Am considering a position and have completed the testing process.  Seems there are always after-the-fact issues that people wish they would have known to address before jumping on board.  Would like to get some ideas beforehand if possible.

Thanks in advance for any insight you can share.

heres a good one - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Will I be working on 20+ accounts, whatever accounts are in the CCMs book of business?

Just so you know, your production drops dramatically when you have to look at the client profile for each report, so you might want to negotiate that into your line rate. If you have to jump from account to acccount all day, get the highest rate they offer.

They Aren't Going to Say the Truth - Old MT

[ In Reply To ..]
The people you talk to are wanting to "sell" the job. They all say they don't overhire, they all say they TRY to keep you at no more than 3 accounts, etc. It is just going to be what it is. If it isn't right off, it will be down the line.

Similar Messages:

Please Include Sentence The Word Was Used In (sm)
Jun 10, 2013

I see so many requests for help with words without providing any info but what the word sounded like.  For most of these it isn't possible to help without knowing the sentence used (changing/omitting anything that would be a HIPAA violation, of course).  Other details that could help would be patient's diagnoses, type of specialty or what heading it is under (Past Medical History, Allergies, Medications, Social hx, etc). ...

Are They Supposed To Include The 15-min OOW Punches...
Jan 05, 2015

.. in the "total hours" for the week when calculating our C-LPH?  My 15-min OOW punches from this past week were included in my total hours. If they had NOT included those OOW punches when they were calculating my C-LPH, I would have been put into the next tier... just barely... but I WOULD have made it into the next tier.  I emailed my TSM about it this morning but still haven't heard back yet.  Is this the norm? I could have sworn I read in the handbook that OOW punches are ...

Trailing 0's, Is This Just In Meds Or Does It Include Measurements, Like 8.0 Mm? Thx
Jan 15, 2013

I'm a little confused, is this just for drugs, or does it include lab tests and measurements like 8.0 mm? ...

Do QA Percentages Include The Stuff That Is Out Of Our Control?
Jan 21, 2013

I'm an ex-Transcender and when I was approving my time sheet this morning I noticed that my time sheet said my percentage sent to QA was 20.2%.  I have NOT sent this many reports to QA as blanks, but have sent a lot of stuff due to discrepancies, no demographics match, no dictation, etc.  Are they seriously counting stuff that we have NO control over against us for purposes of denying bonuses?  I asked my TSM if that would be the case after we got news of the new pay cuts and ...

Recruiters/MTSOs: Please Include More Detail In Your Hiring Ads
Oct 14, 2014

and the time of tech support people trying to do installs,  only to find out that the ICs computer doesn't have the required version of Windows or whatever to support your platforms. This is something we should know right up front,  along with line rates and such, before we even waste our time testing,  waste your and our time interviewing, and waste everyone's time in general,  only to find out our computer is not compatible with your platform. You've lost a ...

Help! This Is A Diagnostic Report And Does Not Include Past Medical Sm
Feb 28, 2015

history or any actual conditions.  Medication s/l Imodium lac D??? Possible that it is Imodium, s/l lac D (or maybe not Imodium at all and it is one word?) omeprozole is in list so he does have stomach issues.  I'm stumped.  Extremely fast dictator!!! ...

List Of Meds For Patient With CHF And Atrial Fib. Include Med S/l Petazopral.
Aug 11, 2011

Any help appreciated.  Thx. ...

Do Our Lines Per Hour Include Or Exclude Inactive Time?
Jun 18, 2014

When figuring your lines per hour, is that for the whole time you are clocked in or is inactive time deducted? ...

Chronic Medical Illnesses Include *patent* Cardiac Valve.
Oct 29, 2009

nm tia   ...

Line Counts - When Figuring Lines, Do Most People Include Spaces?
Jul 24, 2012

When figuring lines, do most people include spaces? ...

Your Recommendations, Please.
Jul 16, 2013

Can anyone recommend a good small company that will pay a decent line rate, not make me learn a new platform and treat me with respect?  Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

Training Recommendations
Apr 11, 2011

I went to a seminar for At-Home Professions. The training course is about 5 months. I am trying to decide if I finish the courses, will there be employment opportunities?   ...

Headset Recommendations?-sm
Apr 12, 2011

I need a new headset for my PC.  I want want with really good sound -- but want don't want to spend lotsa $$  -- anyone got any suggestions for a good sound quality headset that is affordable..  thx.... ...

Recommendations For Headsets
Jan 29, 2012

Hi, Folks,   So, my company sweetly sent me a dictaphone stethascope-style headset, but it's really uncomfortable for me.  Can you recommend a more comfortable, good-sounding headset that you might have found?   Thank you, thank you, thank you!   ...

KVM Switch Recommendations?
Apr 23, 2012

I don't know too much about KVM switches, but I am getting ready to start two new jobs and have two different computers.  I thought I might try one. Today, my foot pedal for my second job came in and low and behold, it is the same one for my first job.   Do any of you know if there is a KVM that will switch keyboard, video, monitor, headphones, AND foot pedal, and can you recommend one to me.  I'm trying to research, but all this techie jargon makes my head hurt an ...

Chair Recommendations?
Oct 18, 2012

Can anybody recommend a good chair? I am petite, 5 feet 6 inches but small and need cushioning. I need a chair for an extended day (12-20 hours), preferrably without arms, which seem to get in my way. An affordable one not over $400 if possible and fabric, as it is always hot where I live. Thanks ...

Headset Recommendations
Jan 11, 2013

I need to get a new headset as mine is wearing out. I haven't ever bought a headset before and just used the ones that came with my transcribers as they worked fine on the computer as well. I tried the stethescope type and didn't like them but otherwise would like some thoughts on what might be good ones to try.  Thanks! ...

Expander Recommendations?
Jun 30, 2013

I'm looking for just a basic expander program that works similar to Word auto correct.  I've found two that seem to work very much like the one I'm used to, and similar to auto correct.  One is FastFox by NCH (affordable) and the other is Speed Type (expensive, but may be worth it??).  Does anyone use either of these?   Suggestions appreciated. Thanks!   ...

Recommendations For Keyboard
Feb 21, 2014

Any recommendations for a good keyboard? ...

Recommendations For Headphones?
Feb 23, 2014

For best audio quality?  TIA ...

Headphone Recommendations
Jun 20, 2014

Hubby and step child will be home for the next 9 days making my work environment extremely noising and crazy. I need to get new headphones and wondered what everyone recommended. I can't stand the kind that sit in the ear. Every pair I have every tried makes my ear hurt after about 2 to 3 hours and as I am on a 12-hour schedule I prefer over the ear ones if any uses them. Thanks in advance for all your recommendations. ...

Looking For Suggestions And Recommendations On
Oct 27, 2014

Pros/cons ? Any experience with Career Step, Andrews, etc? TIA ...

TEXT EXPANDER Recommendations
May 16, 2010

Would like recommendations for best text expanding for transcription.  Thank you for your help.   ...

So Many Coding Schools..recommendations?
Jun 23, 2011

I'm one of many MTs who are considering coding. I want to do acute care coding, or hospital/surgical. I've spoke with Allied, AAPC, and both sound reasonable for CPC-H certification. Does anyone have any experiences with either or other schools/courses they will share? ...

Keyboard Recommendations Needed Please!
Oct 02, 2010

I have been an MT now for 10 years. My fingers and hands hurt horribly. I went yesterday and had nerve conduction studies done and I do NOT have carpal tunnel. The pain is just in my fingers. The doc says it is arthritis. I use the Microscoft Elite ergo keyboard which the doc believes kept me from getting carpal tunnel but I am looking for a soft touch keyboard and want to keep the split keys like what I have. Can anyone recommend a keyboard? I have tried typematrix and cannot use that. Also Kin ...

Drug Name Website Recommendations???
Jun 14, 2011

Does anyone have any website suggestions for where to find the name of a drug that would be marketed outside of the U.S., specifically Europe?  I've tried drugs.com and spelled it as many ways as I could think on google, but am not having any luck.  Was wondering if maybe there is a website specific to European meds?  Thanks in advance for any help! ...

I Want To Do IC Work Again? Any Good Recommendations? Please SM
Jan 06, 2012

(I'm sorry--this posted on the main board somehow...which is really strange as I almost never ever visit the main board...but oh well.  Here is it again on the correct board.) I have been a transcriptionist for about 11 years.  Was an employee for about 8 of those years and IC for 3 years during that 11-year period.  I truly enjoy IC work more than employee status.  I just enjoy the flexibility.  My life is such that I no longer need to work full time, but I DO nee ...

Any Company Recommendations From Anyone Happy
Dec 14, 2012

with their job?   I know there are tons of people asking for information on companies all the time on this board, but every company I search on looking for information on here, either the information is a few years old or not the information I'm necessarily interested in.  I'd appreciate any input, good or bad, I can get.   I have 18 years experience and have done just about everything except radiology, so the type of account doesn't matter, though I love ortho an ...

Need Broadband Aircard Recommendations
Feb 21, 2013

I'm taking a short trip for a few days and need to find out if an air card will work with escription and which one to get.   Thanks. ...

Adware/malware Recommendations
Apr 01, 2015

My grandkids were playing games on my computer and now I have all kinds of popups and malware.  Any recommendations/suggestions would be greatly appreciated in how to get rid of this. ...