A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

getting paid 10 cpl to edit. Is this a good rate? - nm

Posted: Jul 01, 2013

I'm getting paid 10cpl to edit. Is this a good rate? Spaces are not included. Thanks!

pay per line - Molly

[ In Reply To ..]
Your kidding - right? I have been in this field for over 20 years and at no time have I made past 0.095 for transcription let alone editing. The most I have received for editing is 0.045. What company is paying you that for editing?

she is not getting spaces so that negates a lot of the 10 cpl - mtr

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

spaces - kitty

[ In Reply To ..]
Do most companies pay for spaces?

What's the average lines/hr that people do with editing (with a decent platform and account)?

Thanks!

pay per line - NeeNee

[ In Reply To ..]
I WOULD SAY YES DEFINITELY!!

I DON'T KNOW WHO YOU WORK FOR(BUT PLEASE ADVISE WHO BECAUSE THAT IS AN ECELLENT RATE) BECAUSE EVERYWHERE I KNOW OF OR HAVE CHECKED SO FAR PAY NO MORE THAN 4.5 MAYBE 5 CPL AT THE MOST. I JUST QUIT NUANCE BECAUSE THEY ONLY PAY 0.413 AND I WAS MAKING LESS THAN MINIMUM WAGE. WAS NOT WORTH MY TIME AND I HAD TO REMAIN ON UNEMPLOYMENT TOO.

Editing - kitty

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been working full time with the editing for about a month now with my new company and am very discouraged. I make a little over 4 cpl. The editing is somewhat easier on the paws, but it's like sweatshop wages. I've been an MT for over 25 years but have always done standard transcription at 9-10 cpl. The editing was all I could find after the last account was offshored. It's about 95% editing, and I can't make a living like this. :(

Similar Messages:

Line Rate Not Documented In Contrac, Nor How Often Paid
Apr 18, 2011

Or is it just me.    I emailed them to let them know this, just in case they inadvertently left it out, but received email giving me the line rate (which is different from the rate I received from recruiter).  Would you go ahead and sign the contract? ...

Do We Get Paid Our Full Hourly Rate For Down Time
Jan 12, 2013

Do we get paid our full hourly rate for down time? ...

What Is A Fair Rate Per Audio Minute? Is 0.6 Okay? I've Never Been Paid That Way Before
Apr 05, 2014

nm ...

What Is Average Hourly Rate Paid By Major Healthcare System
Oct 26, 2011

for transcriptionists.  Always been paid by line count production and now I am looking at an hourly rate.  Company won't tell me pay rate until interview.  Afraid that it will only be like $10 an hour and don't want to bother with interview if it will be too low.  ...

Good Rate?
Dec 31, 2010

Is 0.65 for VR a good rate for 8 years acute care experience? This is with a MTSO.  The rate is based on a 65-character line and includes spaces. ...

What;s A Good IC Starting Rate?
Apr 01, 2010

Offer seemed a little low but can grow after two months (speed and accuracy audit).   I would be on my own with their software in my computer but with tech support.  Got to get a foot pedal.  This is all new to me.  Help! ...

$2.00 Per Page Is A Good Rate
Nov 23, 2010

Does anyone know if $2.00 per page is a good rate. ...

What Is Considered Good CPL Rate Now
Jan 13, 2011

nm ...

What A 65 VBC Line Rate? Is This Good Or Bad?
Nov 15, 2012

I have never heard of this before. Can someone explain this? Is this different than just a plain 65-character line? Thanks. ...

Are We Paid Lines-and-a-half For Good Friday?
Apr 18, 2014

x ...

What Is A Good Cpl Rate For This Type Of Work?
Apr 27, 2010

I am subcontracting for a smallish MTSO. My main account is acute care (including op notes) with about 25% ESLs. Secondary account is clinic and very easy. Good, user-friendly platform. ...

What's A Good Line Rate For A Newbie?
Jun 21, 2014

What's a good line rate for a newbie? Just got out of school and applying for jobs.  I want to make sure I don't sell myself short, but yet not ask for too much. Help! Lol   ...

What Is A Good Rate For VR And Straight Typing?
Dec 22, 2014

I have been out of the market for a few years and trying to get a part time job. Have an interview today, but my question is what should I expect is a fair wage per line?  VR and straight typing. I have 30 years transcription experience.  Would appreciate it if someone could help me out here!!! ...

Hate To Ask This But What Is A Good Rate To Charge For VR Editing? Nm
Jul 14, 2013

Thanks! ...

Swap (swamp) Board - Really? They Just NEVER Learn. The Only Good Thing Is Getting Paid For 15 Min
May 13, 2015

for watching the video.  Is this their answer to MOT?  Just so stupid. ...

Is $0.90/audio Minute A Good Rate? Always Worked Per Line So Not Sure.
Aug 02, 2013

NM ...

Radiology Paid Per Minute? Is $1/dictated Minute Good, Bad, Average?
Mar 01, 2010

Have 4 years experience.  Mostly acute care/basic 4.   Got a job offer for Radiology using Meditech platform and pay offered is $1 per dictated minute.  This is an IC job.  Haven't done radiology exclusively before and haven't been paid per dictated minute either.  Thoughts? Thanks! ...

10 Cpl With No Spaces, Is That A Good Wage Or No? I Have Always Been Paid With Spaces, Thx, Nm
Jun 03, 2011

nm ...

I Get Paid By The Minutes Typed. Is There Anyone Else Out There That Gets Paid By The Minute.
Mar 01, 2012

I was curious if any other MTs are getting paid by the minute too. Replies are welcomed. I am required to get 131 minutes for an 8 hour shift. We get incentive if over. We also use VR, so that helps, and we have weighted doctors. Thanks, MeL ...

What Is The Average Benefit Rate/PTO Rate? Friends I Talk To
Dec 05, 2012

Their way of figuring it is so convoluted.  I wonder if they keep us all low like that.  ...

Line Rate Pay Versus Audio Minute Rate Pay
Mar 18, 2013

Can anyone tell me if line rate pay is comparable to getting paid by the audio minute? Is 0.50 or 1.00 normal? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks! ...

Cannot Edit Cc's
Feb 26, 2014

What in the world did they do to the cc list?  I can no longer edit anything.  Grrrr. ...

Don't Over Edit. Don't Over Edit. Sm
Oct 31, 2014

We've all heard that, right?  Someone should inform QA to not over QA then because adding in "a" or "the" or "an" is overediting!  Plus, we get dinged for it.  I'm so over this BS.  I am literally so nervous now when I sit down to work.  Yesterday, I slowed playback down to the point that I did 700 lines LESS than I had been doing just to see if this made any difference.  Nope.  Still got hit with a, an, the crap from QA.  If tomorrow's big ...

How Do I Edit My Expansions
Feb 25, 2011

How do I edit/work on adding expansions when I get NJA  and can't get in to type? ...

Can Doctors Edit?-sm
Dec 20, 2013

Just wondering...when the documents are imported into the client's system, can their doctors edit them if they find an error before they sign off on them?  When I worked in-house, the doctors could either edit the report or re-dictate whatever we had blanked.  I'm just guessing that the reports go to a queue for the doctors to "read" and then sign since, legally, they are ultimately responsible for what they dictate.  Just wondering if anyone knew.  TIA.    ...

Anyone Know Of VR Edit Positions Pay 4 Cpl?
Jun 10, 2014

Does anyone know of any companies out there that pay 4 cpl or above as an IC VR editor? Looking for work and all of them pay horrible.     Thanks  ...

How Do I Get From The Job Edit Page
May 27, 2015

For job edit, I hit ALT E and do what I need to do on the edit page.  To escape and return to the document, I hit ALT 3, tab, tab, tab, enter to return to the document. There has got to be an easier (less keystrokes) way to return to where I was without using the mouse. Please help me! ...

Instructions For Edit Script
Jan 30, 2010

I would like to get an early jump on learning this program. Is there a list of instructions or manual somewhere that I can download? ...

How Many Lines Do You Edit Per Payperiod?
May 08, 2011

I was reading somewhere on here where FastChart said one of their VR editors edited 53,000 in a payperiod!!      ...

HOW MANY ASR LINES CAN YOU EDIT PER HOUR?
Jan 28, 2012

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but how many lines on average would you say you can edit with ASR per hour?  I think the most I have ever been able to do was around 250 myself.  I just wondered how I measured up with other MTs with the ASR jobs.  I remember a couple of years ago not long after MQ started up with ASR getting a company email describing an MT (no name was given) who could edit over 600 lines per hour and over 400 with straight transcription.   ...