A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Hate to ask this but what is a good rate to charge for VR editing? nm - Emma

Posted: Jul 14, 2013

Thanks!

You can charge - Whatever you want, but...

[ In Reply To ..]
...you probably won't get what you're worth. Not clear, is this for an IC position on your own accounts? Clinic?

If it's clinic, that's quite easier than acute care, so you have some leeway.

If you're talking working for an MTSO, they won't want to hear what you want, you'll get what they give.

Thanks...it is for Radiology.... - Emma

[ In Reply To ..]
as I have been reminded many times Radiology in particular seems to be heading in the VR direction faster than other specialties. I was thinking of attempting to try to get my own client (longshot, I know). I once edited for 3-4 cpl for Nuance but that was many years ago. I know I won't get what I am worth (sadly). Just trying to cut out the big middle man MTSO. Any thoughts for Rad editing?

Check a local imaging center - Maybe they need MT/Editors

[ In Reply To ..]
I landed a job at a local imaging center--and they pay by the hour, but it is straight typing so far. When I took the job, I was very clear that I would not take a pay cut for VR.

I am in a center that does all sorts of imaging---you're less likely to run out of work that way. They do mammos, CTs, nuclear, MRIs, basic x-rays, DEXAs...

Good luck to you and you are smart to stay away from these MTSOs, even the smaller ones...
if you are paid hourly and not by line, how on earth would that be cut by VR? - paid to be there, is paid to be there
[ In Reply To ..]
makes no sense - what you said to them. Unless you are completely done with your job in 4 hours with VR and then go home - that would cut your hourly pay.

If you're paid hourly makes no difference if straight typing, editing, point and clicking, or mopping floors. Curious - what was their answer to that?

Similar Messages:

Does Anyone Know The Going Rate The Services CHARGE
Oct 10, 2011

what the difference is between what they charge and what the MT gets.  No company names needed, just curious.  I'm an independent MT looking to switch to a different group of docs in the Northeast.  Thanks for any info.  ...

Does Anyone Know The Going Rate For Legal Transcription In The Northeast?? I Am Looking To Charge B
Oct 04, 2011

nm ...

Dontcha Hate Editing Jobs
Feb 11, 2015

It takes so much longer to edit them than it would to just type them from scratch.  I think if the doctors are speech recognition doctors, they shouldn't have "normals".  It turns into a crazy mess of alphabet soup when speech recognition tries to fill in a normal that isn't there and then has to be manually added.  UGH!!! ...

Sorry TTD, Inc - Your Editing (3cpl) Is 37% Of Your MT Rate (8 Cpl)
Oct 27, 2009

Even Focus pays 50%....even MQ pays 60%!! Come on!   ...

Per Word Editing Rate?
Jun 24, 2010

I am being offered an editing job, and the company wants to know what my per-word rate would be for editing. I've never done per word before, so I'm wondering what a reasonable rate would be? Help! I don't want to undersell myself, but I don't want to give out a totally unreasonable amount. Thanks in advance! ...

So Is Their Rate 8 For Typing And 4 For Editing?
Dec 11, 2012

nm ...

What Is The Typical Per Minute Rate For Editing As An IC? Nm
Jan 29, 2010

x ...

Flat Rate Cpl For Editing And Transcription?
May 17, 2012

Ladies and gents, I am hoping to find an employer that will pay a flat line rate for both editing of SR and transcription. Does anyone know of anyone that is doing that? This business of being paid 2 different line rates makes it impossible to forecast earnings and is causing a huge headache for me. I am thinking a flat in the 7 cpl to 8 cpl would be something I would consider. I cannot believe I am saying that - 10 years ago I was working in a great hospital job making 12 cpl. My, my, how ...

What Do You Consider Good/great Pay For VR Editing? Sm
Feb 26, 2010

I know that most companies are going to VR but since I have only worked in house until now, I have no idea what is considered good or great pay.  Can some of you that are happy doing VR and making good or decent wages please share what you consider good or great pay and what is realistic in terms of production?  I have heard 3x your regular production, 2x regular production and less production.  I am really confused and need to be able to compare apples to apples. Thank you ...

What Do You Consider A Good Income For MT/editing, Not Cpl But $$
Aug 09, 2012

I do not mean a per line rate, as that will equate to different incomes for different MTs. What do you consider a reasonable annual income for a combination of MT/editing; $25,000, $30,000, $40,000, or more?  My income was $47,000 in the past, and will probably drop to $37,000 this year.  I don't like it, but I do not have a degree, jobs are not plentiful, and I am thinking that in my rural town, I will not do any better, especially considering clothes and gas, etc.  I stil ...

Good Editing Platform Besides Escription?
Sep 18, 2013

Have worked with Escription, liked it, just wondering if there is another good VR platform someone is working in that they think is okay. Thanks ...

Good Rate?
Dec 31, 2010

Is 0.65 for VR a good rate for 8 years acute care experience? This is with a MTSO.  The rate is based on a 65-character line and includes spaces. ...

What;s A Good IC Starting Rate?
Apr 01, 2010

Offer seemed a little low but can grow after two months (speed and accuracy audit).   I would be on my own with their software in my computer but with tech support.  Got to get a foot pedal.  This is all new to me.  Help! ...

$2.00 Per Page Is A Good Rate
Nov 23, 2010

Does anyone know if $2.00 per page is a good rate. ...

What Is Considered Good CPL Rate Now
Jan 13, 2011

nm ...

What A 65 VBC Line Rate? Is This Good Or Bad?
Nov 15, 2012

I have never heard of this before. Can someone explain this? Is this different than just a plain 65-character line? Thanks. ...

What Is A Good Cpl Rate For This Type Of Work?
Apr 27, 2010

I am subcontracting for a smallish MTSO. My main account is acute care (including op notes) with about 25% ESLs. Secondary account is clinic and very easy. Good, user-friendly platform. ...

Getting Paid 10 Cpl To Edit. Is This A Good Rate?
Jul 01, 2013

I'm getting paid 10cpl to edit. Is this a good rate? Spaces are not included. Thanks! ...

What's A Good Line Rate For A Newbie?
Jun 21, 2014

What's a good line rate for a newbie? Just got out of school and applying for jobs.  I want to make sure I don't sell myself short, but yet not ask for too much. Help! Lol   ...

What Is A Good Rate For VR And Straight Typing?
Dec 22, 2014

I have been out of the market for a few years and trying to get a part time job. Have an interview today, but my question is what should I expect is a fair wage per line?  VR and straight typing. I have 30 years transcription experience.  Would appreciate it if someone could help me out here!!! ...

Is $0.90/audio Minute A Good Rate? Always Worked Per Line So Not Sure.
Aug 02, 2013

NM ...

I HATE MY JOB, I HATE THIS LIFE
Jul 09, 2011

I HATE that I am tied to my office just waiting for work to come in on two different companies.  I HATE that I just quit a third company because of LACK OF COMMUNICATION (gave my notice to Keystrokes, no response from ANYONE).  What is wrong with these people?  They demand certain things of us but we have no rights?  I HATE HATE HATE it and as soon as I possibly can find another job, I will LEAVE MT WORLD FOREVER.  I HATE THAT I HAVE NO LIFE WITH THIS PROFESSION.  H ...

End Of My Rope. Hate My Job, Hate What Has Become
Feb 18, 2014

of the medical field in general. What happened to all the American doctors? Has it become so blasted easy for foreigners to come over and get a job as a doctor or are Americans so damn-ass lazy that they don't want to get the education? Or is to so blasted expensive that no one can afford to become a doctor unless you are a foreign student? So freaking sick and tired of all these foreign dictators who speak so fast and sloppy. What the heck is going to become of our health care when we can& ...

What Is The Average Benefit Rate/PTO Rate? Friends I Talk To
Dec 05, 2012

Their way of figuring it is so convoluted.  I wonder if they keep us all low like that.  ...

Line Rate Pay Versus Audio Minute Rate Pay
Mar 18, 2013

Can anyone tell me if line rate pay is comparable to getting paid by the audio minute? Is 0.50 or 1.00 normal? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks! ...

MQ Pays 1 Rate For 100% QA, A Lower Rate For Non 100%. How Do You
Oct 29, 2011

ty ...

Piece Rate/line Rate
Apr 19, 2012

Would someone please tell me what the "piece rate" is on the check stub - and where does it show line rate?  Thank you. ...

What To Charge
Feb 27, 2010

What would you charge someone to listen to a file to help fill in blanks?  It is not an everyday thing and only a few files every once in a while.  This person wants to pay me for this and I have no idea what to charge. ...

How Do You Charge?
Mar 08, 2011

I am an independent subcontractor with one large account.  The hospital is switching to VR and I have been able to keep the account, but I have no idea what to charge, how to charge, or where to find info about this.  This is all happening over the next few weeks so I need to come up with a plan.  I currently charge a flat rate per line, and have not increased my fee in many years.  However, if I do editing work, do I charge per report?  I don't have a clue.  H ...

How To Charge?
Mar 09, 2011

As an independent subcontractor, how do I charge for editing as opposed to transcribing?  I currently charge a flat rate per line for transcription, but with my hospital switching to VR over the next few months I will be doing some editing as well.  I have no idea what to charge, how to charge, etc.  Any help appreciated! ...