A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What is a good cpl rate for this type of work? - Just another MT

Posted: Apr 27, 2010

I am subcontracting for a smallish MTSO. My main account is acute care (including op notes) with about 25% ESLs. Secondary account is clinic and very easy. Good, user-friendly platform.

From what I have seen 7 to 7.5 seems normally accepted.... - dontreallyknowthough

[ In Reply To ..]
:)

7 to 7.5 is much too low and - not normally accepted

[ In Reply To ..]
Wages like this are MUCH too low for an IC. This is equivalent to working for 5 to 5.5 cents per line as an employee.

you might mean OFFERED. Doubt accepted. - 9 to 10 for me, OFFERED 8 constantly.

[ In Reply To ..]

Asn an IC, I make 10 cpl per line. At my full-time - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
job I make 9 to 11 cpl on a tiered system.

how much - do you make

[ In Reply To ..]
on VR if I may ask?

It is all straight transcription. I don't have any - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
VR accounts.
wow - thank you nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Need a job with no ASR - AMD
[ In Reply To ..]
I would like to know if the company you work for offers the equipment. That is the only reason I stay with MQ because of the equipment they offer. I make 8.5 cents a line and 5 cents for ASR and I get 90% ASR. I am broke and extremely distressed.

Similar Messages:

All Type QA - Good Money?? Good Company???
May 24, 2011

I have expierence with QA, although have never been paid production for it. I do enjoy QA more. Does anyone have expierence at All Type in QA? Are they reliable?? Do they pay well? I currently make about 32000/year and need more. Would this be doable? TIA!! ...

Now To Type Heart Rate In 1-teens
Jan 26, 2011

nm ...

Good Rate?
Dec 31, 2010

Is 0.65 for VR a good rate for 8 years acute care experience? This is with a MTSO.  The rate is based on a 65-character line and includes spaces. ...

What;s A Good IC Starting Rate?
Apr 01, 2010

Offer seemed a little low but can grow after two months (speed and accuracy audit).   I would be on my own with their software in my computer but with tech support.  Got to get a foot pedal.  This is all new to me.  Help! ...

$2.00 Per Page Is A Good Rate
Nov 23, 2010

Does anyone know if $2.00 per page is a good rate. ...

What Is Considered Good CPL Rate Now
Jan 13, 2011

nm ...

What A 65 VBC Line Rate? Is This Good Or Bad?
Nov 15, 2012

I have never heard of this before. Can someone explain this? Is this different than just a plain 65-character line? Thanks. ...

This Is What I Hear; How Do I Type It Correctly? CV; S1 And S2 Normal Rate And Rhythm.
Aug 09, 2013

nm.  Thanks. ...

Getting Paid 10 Cpl To Edit. Is This A Good Rate?
Jul 01, 2013

I'm getting paid 10cpl to edit. Is this a good rate? Spaces are not included. Thanks! ...

What's A Good Line Rate For A Newbie?
Jun 21, 2014

What's a good line rate for a newbie? Just got out of school and applying for jobs.  I want to make sure I don't sell myself short, but yet not ask for too much. Help! Lol   ...

What Is A Good Rate For VR And Straight Typing?
Dec 22, 2014

I have been out of the market for a few years and trying to get a part time job. Have an interview today, but my question is what should I expect is a fair wage per line?  VR and straight typing. I have 30 years transcription experience.  Would appreciate it if someone could help me out here!!! ...

Hate To Ask This But What Is A Good Rate To Charge For VR Editing? Nm
Jul 14, 2013

Thanks! ...

Is $0.90/audio Minute A Good Rate? Always Worked Per Line So Not Sure.
Aug 02, 2013

NM ...

All Type - Good Or Bad?
Apr 01, 2011

Anything on All Type Transcription or Amphion, good or bad?     ...

Silent Type - Good? Bad?
Aug 02, 2010

Good? Bad? Any info would be appreciated. ...

Good Keyboard That Is Fast To Type On?
Nov 11, 2009

Does anyone have an idea of a good keyboard that is fast to type on? I have a few. One is an old Dell that is awkward and the other is a new Dell that is also awkward because the keys are so flat and touchy. Is there one out there that anyone prefers? ...

WE Type Transcription Have A Good Reputation
Jun 23, 2011

I was just approached by this company.  Sounds like it does not have a good reputation.  Is that true? ...

Is There Any Good Recent Feedback From Silent Type?
Nov 30, 2013

Is there any good recent feedback from Silent Type?  I checked the archives and it"s not great (actually pretty pitiful). Does anyone have any positive info? Thank you in advance! ...

What Is The Average Benefit Rate/PTO Rate? Friends I Talk To
Dec 05, 2012

Their way of figuring it is so convoluted.  I wonder if they keep us all low like that.  ...

Line Rate Pay Versus Audio Minute Rate Pay
Mar 18, 2013

Can anyone tell me if line rate pay is comparable to getting paid by the audio minute? Is 0.50 or 1.00 normal? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks! ...

MQ Pays 1 Rate For 100% QA, A Lower Rate For Non 100%. How Do You
Oct 29, 2011

ty ...

Piece Rate/line Rate
Apr 19, 2012

Would someone please tell me what the "piece rate" is on the check stub - and where does it show line rate?  Thank you. ...

What Is The Correct Way To Type Hepatitis C "type 2A/2C Or IIA/11C?
May 14, 2010

. ...

Can Anyone Recommend A Good Workstation With A Good Pullout Keyboard Tray
Dec 04, 2014

that is wide enough for a wrist rest.  This needs to be in my bedroom so cant be too huge.  I like the tower off the floor also.  Thanks.  ...

2014 - Not A Good Year For This MT â But I Found A Good Fit (finally)
Jan 12, 2015

Rarely do I start discussion on mtstars - however, 2014 was a particularly challenging year for myself - an experienced MT/Editor (15+ years). However, I realize that many other MTs may be in the same position, i.e., having many years devoted to working at the Big MTSOs including âthe M,â and âthe Nâ and (now to be included) âthe Tâ following close behind in total numbers of MT/Editors on staff. (Hint: Sure most of you know the M, the N and the T - and the names have been int ...

Doctor Says RF X3. Do I Type RF X3 Or Type Out Refill X3
Jun 23, 2010

nm ...

If It Is Dictated Type 2 Or 3 Acromion, Do You Type 2 Or 3 Or II Or III?
Sep 08, 2010

TIA ...

HELP: If ECG Is Dictated, Can I Type As Is, Or Type In Full?
Nov 09, 2010

If ECG is dictated, can I use the abbreviation, or type in full? ...

IMEDX Takeover...I Don't Have A Good Feeling About This. Does Anyone Have A Good Sm
Jul 07, 2012

experience with this company.  Sounds like they suck up our accounts and then pay us less than pennies to clean up the trash.  ...

MMSE Is Pertinent To "an Abunzant" Type Dementia Of Alzheim'er Type. :/ ESL
Apr 22, 2010

MMSE is pertinent to "an abunzant" type dementia of Alzheim'er type. ...