A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

good rate? - sniffles

Posted: Dec 31, 2010

Is 0.65 for VR a good rate for 8 years acute care experience? This is with a MTSO.  The rate is based on a 65-character line and includes spaces.

yes - mt2

[ In Reply To ..]
experience really doesn't usually factor in, but that's a good rate.

I was making 6.5 CPL with MQ doing VR, but (see msg) - me

[ In Reply To ..]
they just recently starting axing the shift differential and that was why (my normal pay was 5.5 CPL, 1CPL working nights).

I wouldn't recommend them to anyone, however. It's only going to get worse. I think I was on their chopping block anyway.

To me suggests higher-than-average % of corrections needed. - What you need to know is

[ In Reply To ..]
how many people doing the same accounts meet or exceed your desired income. Does this company post earnings for employees to compare? Mine does.

BTW, higher % of corrections needed is not a problem to be avoided--as long as you are properly paid for the time required, and $0.065 sounds as if this job might do that.

Holy cow 65 cents per line...LOL 0.065 sounds good too n/m - 1mt

[ In Reply To ..]

touche - sniffles

[ In Reply To ..]
You got me - *facepalm*

If only it could be that way...n/m - 1mt

[ In Reply To ..]

6.5 cpl is good. My advice inside. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I have found the best thing to do is to get EVERYTHING in writing. After you speak with a recruiter, send an email to verify that "you" have all the information correct and ask 3 main questions.

1. Will I be on my primary account for at least X amount of months?

2. How many average minutes of dictation does this account have daily?

3. How many other VR editors are on this account, including secondaries?

One thing that I have found is that once the new editors get proficient at VR, the work dwindles quickly. After all, if the company is promising you that you will make 50% or 60% of your straight transcription rate by doubling your lines, that means that sooner or later the work will be done 50% to 60% faster. By their logic anyway...

So be forearmed. I got unemployment insurance when a company I worked for offered me full-time status and after 6 months I was still only producing part-time work because they didn't have enough work to support a full-time employee. The ONLY reason I got it was because I had sent my questions in emails and had all my answers in writing.

Similar Messages:

What;s A Good IC Starting Rate?
Apr 01, 2010

Offer seemed a little low but can grow after two months (speed and accuracy audit).   I would be on my own with their software in my computer but with tech support.  Got to get a foot pedal.  This is all new to me.  Help! ...

$2.00 Per Page Is A Good Rate
Nov 23, 2010

Does anyone know if $2.00 per page is a good rate. ...

What Is Considered Good CPL Rate Now
Jan 13, 2011

nm ...

What A 65 VBC Line Rate? Is This Good Or Bad?
Nov 15, 2012

I have never heard of this before. Can someone explain this? Is this different than just a plain 65-character line? Thanks. ...

What Is A Good Cpl Rate For This Type Of Work?
Apr 27, 2010

I am subcontracting for a smallish MTSO. My main account is acute care (including op notes) with about 25% ESLs. Secondary account is clinic and very easy. Good, user-friendly platform. ...

Getting Paid 10 Cpl To Edit. Is This A Good Rate?
Jul 01, 2013

I'm getting paid 10cpl to edit. Is this a good rate? Spaces are not included. Thanks! ...

What's A Good Line Rate For A Newbie?
Jun 21, 2014

What's a good line rate for a newbie? Just got out of school and applying for jobs.  I want to make sure I don't sell myself short, but yet not ask for too much. Help! Lol   ...

What Is A Good Rate For VR And Straight Typing?
Dec 22, 2014

I have been out of the market for a few years and trying to get a part time job. Have an interview today, but my question is what should I expect is a fair wage per line?  VR and straight typing. I have 30 years transcription experience.  Would appreciate it if someone could help me out here!!! ...

Hate To Ask This But What Is A Good Rate To Charge For VR Editing? Nm
Jul 14, 2013

Thanks! ...

Is $0.90/audio Minute A Good Rate? Always Worked Per Line So Not Sure.
Aug 02, 2013

NM ...

What Is The Average Benefit Rate/PTO Rate? Friends I Talk To
Dec 05, 2012

Their way of figuring it is so convoluted.  I wonder if they keep us all low like that.  ...

Line Rate Pay Versus Audio Minute Rate Pay
Mar 18, 2013

Can anyone tell me if line rate pay is comparable to getting paid by the audio minute? Is 0.50 or 1.00 normal? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks! ...

MQ Pays 1 Rate For 100% QA, A Lower Rate For Non 100%. How Do You
Oct 29, 2011

ty ...

Piece Rate/line Rate
Apr 19, 2012

Would someone please tell me what the "piece rate" is on the check stub - and where does it show line rate?  Thank you. ...

Can Anyone Recommend A Good Workstation With A Good Pullout Keyboard Tray
Dec 04, 2014

that is wide enough for a wrist rest.  This needs to be in my bedroom so cant be too huge.  I like the tower off the floor also.  Thanks.  ...

2014 - Not A Good Year For This MT — But I Found A Good Fit (finally)
Jan 12, 2015

Rarely do I start discussion on mtstars - however, 2014 was a particularly challenging year for myself - an experienced MT/Editor (15+ years). However, I realize that many other MTs may be in the same position, i.e., having many years devoted to working at the Big MTSOs including “the M,” and “the N” and (now to be included) “the T” following close behind in total numbers of MT/Editors on staff. (Hint: Sure most of you know the M, the N and the T - and the names have been int ...

All Type QA - Good Money?? Good Company???
May 24, 2011

I have expierence with QA, although have never been paid production for it. I do enjoy QA more. Does anyone have expierence at All Type in QA? Are they reliable?? Do they pay well? I currently make about 32000/year and need more. Would this be doable? TIA!! ...

IMEDX Takeover...I Don't Have A Good Feeling About This. Does Anyone Have A Good Sm
Jul 07, 2012

experience with this company.  Sounds like they suck up our accounts and then pay us less than pennies to clean up the trash.  ...

Good Friday; Good Bye Spheris
Apr 02, 2010

Well Good Friday to me.  I left Spheris.  It is indeed the best Friday for me in a very long time.  I've had it with their lousy platform, Mafia QA (they try their best to kill your spirit), mandatory this, mandatory that, do this, don't do that, change this, don't change that; no, don't change this, don't change that, and on and on and on, and now their bankruptcy.  No PTO for the next 4 months to keep the clients satisfied during ...

What Is A QA Sub Rate?
Nov 05, 2009

Just got mine, had one last pay period, well duh-------nobody explained it to me!! ...

Pay Rate-HELP!!
Jun 13, 2010

I've been out of the industry and on unemployment for over a year, and have just been contacted by a previous employer to work for them again.  The catch?  I was very well paid by this company and I will be discussing my rate of pay tomorrow with the payroll manager.  I am gunshy about asking for too much money because I now know what slim pickings it is out there.  Should I just jump in and ask for the same rate as before?  I was paid by the page, does anyone ...

DSG Pay Rate
Aug 09, 2010

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can give me an exact cents per line that they make at DSG, documentation services group.  Let me know! I've just received email that i can now test with them and was wondering.  Also how was the test?      ...

What Is The Rate?
Dec 23, 2010

I was offered a second shift job doing QA.  They pay by the hour, but I am not sure what the going rate is. What should I ask for? ...

PTO Rate
Jan 17, 2011

Has anyone noticed an unfamiliar rate in the ultipro system when viewing your pto hours available?  Mine is way off unless they dramatically dropped my PTO pay rate without me knowing yet.  I have not received the dreaded 6th months pto rate change for january in the mail.  I contacted payroll and waiting for a response back. ...

Pay Rate - Rad MT
Jul 11, 2011

What a shock to wake up this morning and realize the almighty "Q" has just sent me hurling into bancruptcy!  My husband lost his $75,000/year job 3 months ago and just found another but only making $8.50/hour.  As we don't live beyond our means, we thought that would at least let us catch up on the major bills.  But now I'm going from $1.65 a report to $1.20 a report.  That's a MAJOR cut in pay ($1,000 to $3,000 PER MONTH).  This is devastating and I feel ...

IC Pay Rate
Sep 20, 2011

I am thinking of taking an IC position.  Can anyone tell me the going rate of how much to charge a company?  Thanks! ...

VR Pay Rate
Oct 11, 2011

I recently read a job posting that required 150 lph for straight type and 225 for VR - Does this make sense ?  These companies are using the excuse that we should be able to produce "twice as many lines" with VR - thus - HALF the pay.  If that is truly the case, then why in the world would the line requirement not reflect that as well.  Obviously, these companies know VR is not nearly as productive for the MT as they claim; however, I would venture to guess with the MT making hal ...

Going Rate For IC?
Jan 05, 2012

After nearly a decade of working with Webmedx, I like many others am looking for extra work to supplement what I will be losing with Nuance.  I have a chance to pick up some part-time IC work, but I have no idea what a good acute care IC rate is.  Ten years ago, I charged $0.12/line.  Is this still an okay rate?  More?  Less?  I don't want to ask for too much and have them laugh at me, but I also don't want to sell myself short. Thanks for any advice! ...

Rate Of Pay
Jan 08, 2012

Wow, I'm an independent contractor and was looking at the job seekers board to maybe take on another part time job.  The rate of pay is still 7 to 8 cents per line??  This seems a bit ridiciulous.  I mean 10 years ago when I started with an online company, this is the rate of pay they started you out at!  I work for local doctors and charge starting out no less than 11 cents per line, especially as an independent contractor where you get no benefits or paid time off. &nb ...

Going Rate
Jan 08, 2012

If you are an IC, what is the going rate to charge?  I am at the beginning of researching to do get my own clients again but am out of the loop of what to charge.  This would be only as myself and not a big company.  Thanks. ...