A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Do we get paid our full hourly rate for down time - sd

Posted: Jan 12, 2013

Do we get paid our full hourly rate for down time?

I dont think so. - Not sure how they calculate though

[ In Reply To ..]
The last time I got downtime, it was a LOT less than my hourly rate.

Yes. See policy at website - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Downtime is paid based upon the - buddymt

[ In Reply To ..]
Employee̢۪s Benefit Rate. If a Benefit Rate has not yet been established, the Employee shall have downtime pay based upon the hourly rate of $10.00.

Similar Messages:

What Is Average Hourly Rate Paid By Major Healthcare System
Oct 26, 2011

for transcriptionists.  Always been paid by line count production and now I am looking at an hourly rate.  Company won't tell me pay rate until interview.  Afraid that it will only be like $10 an hour and don't want to bother with interview if it will be too low.  ...

Going Line Rate For Full-time MT
Dec 12, 2012

I was just offered 8 cpl for straight and 4 cpl for speech with bonuses.  Does that sound reasonable?  I understand apparently there are some rates better than this. I have worked for this company for years as an IC and they recently offered me this.  I am just wondering if this is a fair rate.  As an IC I made 9 cpl. I never have done speech yet with this company. ...

What's An Hourly Rate?
Dec 26, 2009

I am thinking of getting into medical transcription but all I read on here is negative posts about how little work is available and how you are all getting paid less than you were last year.  Now, please don't flame me, I know this is a cheeky question, but to be quite honest ".08 cpl" doesn't mean much to me.  Would anyone mind telling me what they actually earn per hour (when the work is there) and how many hours per day they generally work.  It will just give me an id ...

Hourly Rate For MT
Dec 23, 2012

Are there any companies that pay hourly for MTs and/or QA? ...

Hourly Rate?
May 28, 2015

How often is the hourly rate supposed to be re-calculated.  My production has been up but that hourly rate has not changed for some time.   ...

Hourly Rate Versus Cpl
Mar 01, 2011

Been at a cushy happy place clinic job for a few years, no audits, laid back, nice.  Making 18 d/h.  Type the same stuff, over and over.  Boring, but no nail biting.  I produce 300+/hr.  Should I take a position from home?  Will I be making a mistake? I need some opinions pleeease. ...

What's A Fairly Hourly Rate?
May 19, 2011

I've been out of the transcription loop for the last 2 years while I've been getting my registered nursing degree.   I did transcription for 20 years until I got tired of the nonsense.  I'm done with school, studying to take my boards, but have been offered an hourly part-time position.  Can someone tell me what hourly pay is going for now?   I was production paid for most of my transcribing years for the last few years I took an hourly employee ...

Average Hourly Rate
Jun 29, 2011

I'm re-applying to MQ as I desperately need a job.  My question is, are you all able to make at least $10.00 per hour still??  I ask because in searching around, it looks like $10.00 is the best I'm going to be able to do.  I do radiology so I will probably end up doing a lot of editing which I have never done before, so I'm just curious to see if $10.00 is realistic doing both straight typing and/or editing?  Any info appreciated.  Such a shame that its c ...

Does Nuance Pay Hourly Rate?
Feb 10, 2012

I've seen several posts mentioning this.  I'd probably make more money hourly than this 4 cpl editing I have to do.  ...

How Is The Hourly (PTO, Holiday) Rate
Jan 28, 2013

Do they just average the pay for the month of January or do they go back a couple of months?   ...

What Is A Fair Hourly Rate?
Mar 29, 2014

Can anybody please tell me what is a fair hourly rate for a transcriptionist in a single-doctor office in Texas? The last time I worked as an MT in a clinic was 18 years ago. I then worked for a large hospital and made about $9 more an hour than my highest clinic pay. After getting laid off, I worked for N for a few months and have been out of the MT field for a little over a year. Thanks in advance! ...

VA Contracts - You Should Be Paid A Minimum Hourly Wage
Sep 18, 2012

If you work for a transcription company on a VA hospital contract, you should be paid a minimum hourly wage as well as receive benefits per the Service Contract Act.  You may be even be eligible for back pay if you have not been paid correctly.  You can contact the Department of Labor and file a claim anonymously against your employer.   http://www.dol.gov/compliance/topics/wages-fed-contracts.htm ...

Pay By Line Versus Hourly Rate
Sep 16, 2010

Hi all. I'm a newbie to these boards. I've been reading all the posts here about the VR programs.  More production + more hours = less pay. Does anyone here work for a company that has gone to an hourly rate instead of pay per line?  And if so, what are your thoughts/experience on this?  I'm working for a company that has changed us all over to hourly pay and I'm still very unhappy. ...

Is An Hourly Rate For QA/editor Unusual?
Jul 11, 2011

Also, how much experience do Account Manager/Shift Manager types have?  Years ago I worked for a couple of MTSOs and my "supervisors" had less experience than me (and would have to ask me to figure out blanks in reports) so I'm guessing its often just a matter of how long you've been there and who you know and sometimes how much you're willing to put up with (one supervisor bragged that she worked about 20 hours a day). ...

Regarding Hourly - They Upped Line Rate But...
Dec 01, 2011

... it is still not possible to make minimum wage even for those of us who edit VR at lightning speed, because there is no work during many of the shifts (mine).  I've been promised another account, told no other shift is available.  A line rate increase will not help me at all.  They have sent most of the work overseas now, lost a few accounts, and cannot afford to lose all US MTs.  I am aware of nine others besides me, who have lawyers. Quick, numerous complaints from ...

Hourly Rate For Editors At Nuance
Mar 05, 2013

Anyone know what the hourly rate is for editors at Nuance?  I don't want to waste time applying if not good.  Do you run out of work there?  ...

What's The Starting Hourly Rate For QA At Nuance?
Apr 16, 2014

x ...

Where Can I Find My Hourly Rate On Ultipro?
May 29, 2015

x ...

Avg Hourly Rate For Hosp Emp MT Who Works From Home?
Jul 26, 2011

Or where can I find out for myself please?  I just need a range. ...

Update On Fair Hourly Rate Question
Apr 05, 2014

Last week I asked what you all thought was a fair hourly rate for a one-doctor clinic MT. I went to the interview on Tuesday. The job ad was for a "medical records transcriptionist." The office uses an EMR. The nurse practitioner uses the EMR, but the doctor uses a piece of paper that resembles the EMR screen and checks the appropriate boxes and writes additional comments. The job is to take those papers and input the data in the EMR. It's not actual transcription, no headset or foot pedal ...

QC Editor Position At Nuance Hourly Rate
Aug 15, 2014

The Nuance QCs are paid hourly, anybody have an idea what the range is? ...

Hourly Rate Is Just Barely Above Minimum Wage In My State.
Jul 11, 2014

I am truly at a loss to understand why my pay continues to decline. I thought I already hit rockbottom. I am averaging far, far less than I did 30 years ago. ...

Trying To Find Part-time Or Full-time Employee Position (hospital/clinic)
Apr 30, 2013

If anyone knows of a hospital, clinic, or large practice offering remote full-time or part-time employee positions, I would really appreciate an email.  I have the sudden need to help support a family member long term (in addition to myself) and really need to find a long-term remote employee position for the stability.  Yes, I watch all the various employment sites and even individual hospital sites, but I was hoping that maybe, just maybe someone who works for a hospital that does th ...

How Many Lines Is Considered Full Time And Part Time At Your MTSO?
May 06, 2010

I am wondering what the average for part time and full time status is either if it is done by line count or hours. Thanks so much! ...

FULL-TIME DOWNGRADE TO PART-TIME STATUS - Question
Dec 08, 2011

Has anyone working for an MTSO been downgraded from full-time status to part-time status based on not enough hours worked to be considered full time, yet making well above the minimum amount of earnings required for full-time status? ...

Does Precyse Hire Any Part-time Or Only Full-time?
Nov 03, 2010

nm ...

MQ Rehire Policy For Part Time To Full Time
Apr 09, 2011

I worked for MQ full time and then went to part time last year, before finally quitting altogether because of health problems. I seem to remember an obscure policy that if you were full time and then went to part time, you could not go back to full time for a period of at least 1 year.  Can anyone verify that for me? IF, and this is a big IF, I were to go back to work for MQ, I would need to be full time. ...

Part-time Versus Full-time Benefits
Jan 10, 2013

I'm curious as to the difference between the benefits for part-time versus full-time employment.  Are they the same?   ...

Optiscript Part Time To Full Time
Nov 19, 2011

Does anyone care to share that if you are hired at optiscript part time will they let you change to full time easily? I know they are a small company and do not over hire so I do not know how easily this could be done.  I am thinking of cutting down to part time at my current employee so I can work part time elsewhere and eventually just leave my current employee once I see how the land lays elsewhere.  Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated :) ...

Full-time/Part-time Hours?
Feb 13, 2012

Since part-time is generally considered 20-25 hrs. per week, does that mean that full-time is anything over 25 hrs. per week or does it have to be a flat 40 hrs? ...