A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Switched over to Verizon wireless. - Suzy Q

Posted: Jul 12, 2012

I have had HughesNet satellite for the last 2 years.  This has been extremely slow and lots of down time with weather.  So I was told that Verizon would be much better.  Now that it is installed, I am disappointed to see how slow this is.  My download time is so bad, I doubt any company would hire me or maybe they would, but with all the waiting for downloading of files, I could never get a good line count.  

Supposedly Verizon says they are putting up more powerful towers in my area and this will greatly increase my speed.  Well it is hard to belieive, when they have already lied to me about how great wireless was.  I am very disillusiioned at this point -- whyy do companies feel the need to exaggerate and are never honest about what their product will do?  Has anyone else had this experience with ISP's?  Of course the MTSO's lie to us all the time and we know they do.   I just thought at least Verizon would be better company.  

Any comments here????

It will be moved to the tech board - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
Cell phone/wireless connections are "iffy and spoty. Think about when you had the satellite, and working on a report and it went out. "Wifi"is NOT a wireless router. It is a hot spot where you connect. Right now, I'm lucky because in a motel with Comcast wireless; however, local motels do "high speed," it's satellite and slower than slow.

Verizon - seriouslymt

[ In Reply To ..]
I do not think even Verizon knows how the service will be exactly where you live. They should have offered you a 5-day trial.

Similar Messages:

Verizon FIOS And VPN
May 12, 2011

Does anyone have Verizon FIOS, phone, internet and TV and also work at home working with a company using a VPN? Do you know if FIOS is compatible with the VPN. My cable bill is now $183 a month for triple play and I am trying to get it lowered. Verizon has a special but I don't know if VPNs are compatible with their internet service. Where I worked before, I had to use a VPN and had to use cable, for some reason, it was quirky. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks ...

Ready To Strangle Verizon
Mar 23, 2011

I have been dealing with a payment problem for over 2 weeks. I had 2 phone #s with them, one personal and 1 for my dictation machine. Went with Comcast for the personal # and canceled that account with Verizon. Sent me a bill. I paid 2/3/11. On 3/10, they sent me a refund check for $34 stating I did not owe it. Cashed check. Next day, i get a letter from a collection agency.  In the meantime, Verizon had credited my other phone # with the $34 amount, so now I did owe $34 on the old #. I ca ...

Verizon High Speed Internet
Apr 15, 2010

Was wondering if anyone has used Verizon High Speed Internet and what your experience as with it?  I am considering switching as it 50% less my current cable service.  TIA! ...

Any Verizon 4G LTE Internet Users Having Problems?
Jul 05, 2014

I have no choice but to use Verizon 4G for my ISP because of my rural location. Worked fine for about 6 months and then started disconnecting my internet connection periodically which would bump me out of my jobs and make transmission of jobs impossible. I lost a heck of a lot of work because of this. I got a new router - same thing. My daughter was able to go on her smart phone and get on the internet using her personal data during this "down time" on my router so know it wasnt an issue with th ...

Question For MTs That Have Switched To VR
Apr 20, 2010

I have only been doing this since February but I hate it.  I have no motivation and my production stinks.  How much more time should I give it before I give up on it?  I really wanted to try it; love the company I work for, just am not making enough money.  I have to admit, though my attitude is terrible.  I don't even want to get out of bed and go to work these days anymore.  How long did it take for you guys to make the change?  I have been an MT for 27 ...

Company Just Switched Over To VR. Sm
Apr 29, 2010

How long is reasonable to get yourself up to speed on a new VR platform before you throw in the towel?  I know it learns as it goes, but it doesn't seem to be learning very much, very fast, to me.  ...

Being Switched To Different Platform
Aug 19, 2011

I'm fairly new at the Q. Good line rate to start (10 cpl) on straight typing, but the account with all that straight typing has gone away and now I'm getting only VR editing (4 cpl) on a different account. I asked to be placed back on a straight typing account and they're switching me to a Spheris Legacy Platform next week. Can anybody give me a clue as to what the heck that might entail? I supposedly have to do some E-training first. Anyone familiar with this platform, please giv ...

For Those Who Have Switched Careers
Feb 15, 2012

I am considering going to school to get a certificate/AA type of training, possibly in MA, pharm tech, or massage therapy, that sort of thing.  If you have experience with this, did you run into the "newbie" catch-22 thing where you have to have experience to get a job or can you usually find something right out of school? ...

For Former MTs Who Switched To Coding:
Apr 10, 2015

Which do you prefer?  I actually like MT.  I find it interesting & satisfying to create a perfect report.  The pay going downhill is what I don't like...  I'm wondering if I would like coding & would love to hear from former MTs your thoughts on the similarities/differences and pros/cons. ...

Has Anyone Had An Account Switched To
Jun 03, 2015

I have to wonder if that's what is happening on Enterprise at the moment. Honestly, the OOW is shocking. You can't claim holiday slowdown when the holiday was almost 2 weeks ago, can you? I always remember 4th of July being slow, but really it's just the beginning of June, so what is this going to be, months of nothingness in the beautiful summer weather, sitting in front of your monitor 12 hours a day waiting for work all day and night? Sick to death of OOW, sick of flexing all ...

Help Please - I Switched To That New Google Browser
Oct 18, 2009

and now when I try to bring up statistics using F9 in Docuscribe, I get an error message.  I'm not too computer savvy, but I'm sure it must be the new browser.  Other weird things happened too, like I can't read the posts here (Luckily I didn't get rid of my old browser so I am using it now).  Other than that problem though, Google Chrome browser is better and faster than the old one I was using (Avant), but if it doesn't work well in DQS, I'll have t ...

Just Curious.. . . Since We Have Switched Over To The New Region .. . .
Feb 07, 2010

I have not been able to go back and pull reports from before the switchover?  Is there any way to access that, or do we have to call Support? ...

How Long Did It Take To Retrain Your Eye When You Switched To VR?
Jun 16, 2010

I started a VR job just over two weeks ago.  I actually really like it.  It's on the Dictaphone platform which is one of the better ones, the drafts for the most part are pretty good and I find the work interesting. My problem is switching my "eye" from typing and reading to editing.  Plus, my prior job, which is now a part time IC job wasn't as picky about the BOS.  This new one is all about the BOS.   The new job also wants all numbers written as n ...

Switched To New Med From Risperdal S/l Invasia
Aug 09, 2010

Child has been less aggressive, less impulsive, since switching to the *invasia* from Risperdal ...

Has Anyone Ever Requested To Be Switched To A Particular Hospital/CCM?-NM
Nov 30, 2011

I worked for over 10 years on the same hospitals and then last spring new hospitals were added to my work load.  These new hospitals were then moved to a new CCM.  Work was plentiful, at first straight typing.  All was good until it turned to ASR and now the work seems to have dried up (I think that Indian drought).  I'm tired of bouncing around and would like to be moved back to my old accounts and old CCM, no complaints with the new CCM, just want to work steady and I ...

Switched To New Computer And Normals Are Not There
Dec 05, 2011

Just switched to the new computer and all my saved reports and normals/templates are not there.  It keeps saying user profile failed to update.  Is that why and what can I do about getting all my saved normals back.  This is awful.  ...

Can Anyone Who Has Switched To E-BYTX Give
Feb 26, 2013

make the transition a little easier?  Is it important to be proficient in word or can you just know the basics?  I have been hearing that numbering is a real problem.  ...

OOW - Switched To Garden Sites
Feb 12, 2015

We ran out of TAT last week and I guess our supervisor missed out on some bonus because of it.  Tightening down on schedules/hours/procedures for not showing up for work or showing up late were reiterated to us. Guess some took it seriously cause now the work is slim. Had been getting stressed with having to flex or use up PTO, today I spent the last hour on gardening web sites and looking through seed catalogs.  Feel relaxed now and ready to prepare a little lunch and then check back ...

Been Switched To VR, Last 3 Years Making 20K Less A Year! Fed Up!
Jan 18, 2011

I need to vent about this and am wondering if I am the only one out there.  After my initial 2 years of in-house experience, I started working for a company and was there for over 7 years and made 33K a year.  The last 3-4 years since making the transition to VR, my pay has gone down to 13-14K a year.  That's a 20K loss per year!!!  I am not a happy camper.  I haven't been in this field for 13 years for my pay to go DOWN!  And what makes me the most angry ...

Switched To Word 2010 And Now I Need To Create Macro
Nov 30, 2011

I just switched to Word 2010 and now I need to create Macros.  I'm lost.  Is there anyone who can help?  So far all the instructions people have given are for Word 2007 and it's just gotten me more confused. ...

Client Just Switched To NextGen; Does This EHR Allow Remote Transcription?
May 27, 2014

I sure hope so. ...

Wireless Headset
Sep 11, 2010

Anyone use wireless headset, if so what type? Thanks! ...

Does Anyone Use Clear Wireless?
Dec 09, 2010

It seems very fast and I believe it has a DSL cable. Has anyone used this? I am so tired of TWC, too expensive for what you get. ...

Wireless Headphones
Sep 04, 2011

Does anyone have or know of where to get wireless headphones.  My cat has chewed through the wires of 3 sets of headphones (at $18 each its getting expensive).  After the first 2 sets I have been putting them in a drawer when not in use, but the cord sticks out of the drawer attached to the computer and she found her way around the box while I was watching TV and now my third set is gone.  Within seconds she chews right through the cord.  So, since there are wireless keyboard ...

Using Clear Wireless Vs Dsl
Oct 12, 2011

I have been tempted to switch to Clear Wireless after seeing how fast it works on my daughter's computer. Does anyone have any experience using it for IC work with trascription? ...

Wireless Mouse
Dec 01, 2011

I am just wondering if any of you are using a wireless mouse and how they are working for you?  I currently use a wired mouse and have for centuries.  Since I use mine more than most people, it seems, they do not last.  I am having difficulty finding wired mouse any longer due to being outdated.  I am hesitant in getting a wireless because wireless tends to slow me down with a second of lag.  Those seconds add up and I am just wondering how beneficial they are.  Any ...

M*Modal And Wireless
Mar 24, 2012

Just out of curiosity, has anyone worked for M*Modal using wireless (I have Verizon) with THEIR equipment?  I also have a Verizon air card, but would LOVE to cancel that payment if I could get everything on wireless. ...

Republic Wireless
Mar 23, 2014

I was looking into wireless service and came across a company called "Republic Wireless."  Does anyone use this?  If so, how do you like it?  Just curious.  Thanks! ...

Does Synernet Allow Wireless?
Sep 15, 2014

I'm getting fiber optic installed this week and I believe they said it would be a wireless router. Anybody know what this is? I'm so dumb about technical stuff. ...

Wireless Keyboard
Oct 26, 2014

Does anyone have a preference for a wireless keyboard? I'm looking for pros and cons. I bought a Logitech K360 but it's too compact for me. I need the bigger keys like my old keyboard. Is the wireless keyboard and mouse a better deal than just the keyboard? I already have a wireless mouse. Or would it be best to replace both? Thanks for your opinons. ...