A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Verizon FIOS and VPN - PugMTowner

Posted: May 12, 2011

Does anyone have Verizon FIOS, phone, internet and TV and also work at home working with a company using a VPN? Do you know if FIOS is compatible with the VPN. My cable bill is now $183 a month for triple play and I am trying to get it lowered. Verizon has a special but I don't know if VPNs are compatible with their internet service. Where I worked before, I had to use a VPN and had to use cable, for some reason, it was quirky. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

Yes - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, fiber optic is the best you can get these days. It is absolutely compatible with a VPN.

Similar Messages:

FiOS Vs. Cable Internet Service
Jun 24, 2011

Trying to decide whether or not to switch from cable provided internet to FiOS.  Anyone out there have an opinion? ...

Ready To Strangle Verizon
Mar 23, 2011

I have been dealing with a payment problem for over 2 weeks. I had 2 phone #s with them, one personal and 1 for my dictation machine. Went with Comcast for the personal # and canceled that account with Verizon. Sent me a bill. I paid 2/3/11. On 3/10, they sent me a refund check for $34 stating I did not owe it. Cashed check. Next day, i get a letter from a collection agency.  In the meantime, Verizon had credited my other phone # with the $34 amount, so now I did owe $34 on the old #. I ca ...

Switched Over To Verizon Wireless.
Jul 12, 2012

I have had HughesNet satellite for the last 2 years.  This has been extremely slow and lots of down time with weather.  So I was told that Verizon would be much better.  Now that it is installed, I am disappointed to see how slow this is.  My download time is so bad, I doubt any company would hire me or maybe they would, but with all the waiting for downloading of files, I could never get a good line count.   Supposedly Verizon says they are putting up more po ...

Verizon High Speed Internet
Apr 15, 2010

Was wondering if anyone has used Verizon High Speed Internet and what your experience as with it?  I am considering switching as it 50% less my current cable service.  TIA! ...

Any Verizon 4G LTE Internet Users Having Problems?
Jul 05, 2014

I have no choice but to use Verizon 4G for my ISP because of my rural location. Worked fine for about 6 months and then started disconnecting my internet connection periodically which would bump me out of my jobs and make transmission of jobs impossible. I lost a heck of a lot of work because of this. I got a new router - same thing. My daughter was able to go on her smart phone and get on the internet using her personal data during this "down time" on my router so know it wasnt an issue with th ...