A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Does anyone use Clear wireless? - suzq

Posted: Dec 09, 2010

It seems very fast and I believe it has a DSL cable. Has anyone used this? I am so tired of TWC, too expensive for what you get.

Clear wireless - kjh

[ In Reply To ..]
If you are referring to clearwire (now known as clear), I would stay away and run as fast as you can. We tried them but when I received my equipment after ordering it, none of it worked and they kept taking money out of my bank account even after I had sent back everything they sent me and it took me having to get the fraud department at my bank involved in order to get my money back and to keep them from taking any more from me.

Maybe others have had a positive experience but do a search online and you will find that there are more complaints against them than there are good things said.

Similar Messages:

Using Clear Wireless Vs Dsl
Oct 12, 2011

I have been tempted to switch to Clear Wireless after seeing how fast it works on my daughter's computer. Does anyone have any experience using it for IC work with trascription? ...

Wireless Headset
Sep 11, 2010

Anyone use wireless headset, if so what type? Thanks! ...

Wireless Headphones
Sep 04, 2011

Does anyone have or know of where to get wireless headphones.  My cat has chewed through the wires of 3 sets of headphones (at $18 each its getting expensive).  After the first 2 sets I have been putting them in a drawer when not in use, but the cord sticks out of the drawer attached to the computer and she found her way around the box while I was watching TV and now my third set is gone.  Within seconds she chews right through the cord.  So, since there are wireless keyboard ...

Wireless Mouse
Dec 01, 2011

I am just wondering if any of you are using a wireless mouse and how they are working for you?  I currently use a wired mouse and have for centuries.  Since I use mine more than most people, it seems, they do not last.  I am having difficulty finding wired mouse any longer due to being outdated.  I am hesitant in getting a wireless because wireless tends to slow me down with a second of lag.  Those seconds add up and I am just wondering how beneficial they are.  Any ...

M*Modal And Wireless
Mar 24, 2012

Just out of curiosity, has anyone worked for M*Modal using wireless (I have Verizon) with THEIR equipment?  I also have a Verizon air card, but would LOVE to cancel that payment if I could get everything on wireless. ...

Republic Wireless
Mar 23, 2014

I was looking into wireless service and came across a company called "Republic Wireless."  Does anyone use this?  If so, how do you like it?  Just curious.  Thanks! ...

Does Synernet Allow Wireless?
Sep 15, 2014

I'm getting fiber optic installed this week and I believe they said it would be a wireless router. Anybody know what this is? I'm so dumb about technical stuff. ...

Wireless Keyboard
Oct 26, 2014

Does anyone have a preference for a wireless keyboard? I'm looking for pros and cons. I bought a Logitech K360 but it's too compact for me. I need the bigger keys like my old keyboard. Is the wireless keyboard and mouse a better deal than just the keyboard? I already have a wireless mouse. Or would it be best to replace both? Thanks for your opinons. ...

Wireless Versus Satellite??
Nov 27, 2009

I currently have satellite (had dial-up before that) and I notice most companies want high speed internet and will not accept satellite.  What about wireless...anyone have an idea how widely this is used as far as MT work IF it it used at all?  Thanks. ...

Anyone Know Of A Good Wireless Headset?
Dec 07, 2009

Anyone know of a good wireless headset?  I am so tired of this stupid cord!!!  Thanks! ...

Please Help, Wireless Router Issue Sm
Jan 02, 2010

I have a wireless router that I hooked up when I had my old computer.  I have since bought a new computer and trying to set up my router with it and get all the through the set up process, except at the end it tells me "Let support know you are setting up a router, were asked to manually input your internet account info, but your ISP did not accept that info" Now I did call tech support (Belkin) and I had a really hard time understanding them.  I ended up just hanging up.  She h ...

Wireless Logitech Keyboard
Apr 11, 2010

Has anybody experienced Logitech S530 wireless keyboard wearing out after about 6 months of heavy use?  Mine is skipping spaces and letters. It is very frustrating.  I have ordered a new one, but wonder if this is the norm for them.  I have changed batteries 3 times in 6 months.  I really am having second thoughts about continuing with it. ...

Wireless Keyboard And Mouse?
Nov 09, 2010

Does anyone else feel more comfortable with a wireless set up? What keyboard and mouse do you have? ...

Do Most Companies Not Allow Wireless Internet?
Jan 23, 2011

Would like to work for TT but not sure if they allow my internet connection.  Since I live in the boonies, I use Verizon Broadband, which is the card I plug into my laptop and it goes off the cell phone towers (it's just as fast as DSL).  Would most companies not allow me to use this internet connection? ...

Are There Any Companies Out There That Allow Wireless Internet?
Mar 17, 2011

nm ...

Work From Home On Wireless?
Oct 05, 2011

Can you work from home on wireless? Every company I have spoken with has told me no. ...

Switched Over To Verizon Wireless.
Jul 12, 2012

I have had HughesNet satellite for the last 2 years.  This has been extremely slow and lots of down time with weather.  So I was told that Verizon would be much better.  Now that it is installed, I am disappointed to see how slow this is.  My download time is so bad, I doubt any company would hire me or maybe they would, but with all the waiting for downloading of files, I could never get a good line count.   Supposedly Verizon says they are putting up more po ...

Wireless Foot Pedal?
Nov 06, 2012

Does anyone know of a wireless foot pedal? ...

Wireless Headphones For Laptop
Dec 27, 2013

Does anyone have a recommendation for a wireless headphone set to use for working on transcription from a laptop?  Most of the wireless headphones out there talk about connecting to a cell phone, radio, etc.  I'm looking to cut down on all the cords at my work station and am wondering how in the world I'm going to figure out what kind of wireless set would work for me.  Any suggestions? ...

Wireless Keyboards For Work - Thoughts?
Nov 21, 2010

I just got a wireless mouse as a gift and absolutely love it, however it does use batteries and I'm unsure how often I'll have to replace them due to being on the computer for long hours working.  I would love to get a wireless keyboard as well (two less cords to trip over, lol), and am would appreciate input from other MTs who have used them.  Are they just as responsive as wired keyboards, have long battery life, etc.?  Some of them are a tad expensive, so I'm uns ...

Dictaphone Is Comptatible With Wireless Internet
Nov 03, 2011

Hi there, Will someone be kind enough to teach me whether Dictaphone is comptatible with wireless internet?  The wireless I am referring to is Verizon's broadboad "card" that I pay $50 for per month.  I cannot seem to locate a definitive answer on the internet. Thank you! ...

Looking For A Comfortable Wireless Keyboard To Type On
Jan 28, 2013

Any suggestions as to a comfortable wireless keyboard to use with my laptop? Currently using a logitech ergonomic keyboard but the keys seem a little sharp around the edges to me.  Thank you! ...

Net Zero Wireless Broadband Device Question
May 25, 2014

Would this be considered unsafe because it is not a cable attached to the wall kind of situation? I'm trying to cut costs and wondered if this is an allowed way of doing MT work? Thanks in advance. ...

Use A Wireless Headset With A Foot Pedal?
Nov 16, 2014

Is is possible to use a wireless headset with a foot pedal? ...

Has Anyone Successfully Used Escription Or Dictaphone EXtext/ExEditor With Wireless Or
Jun 17, 2010

satellite internet?  I have heard these were the better VR platforms but I cannot find out if they can be used on wireless or satellite internet.    ...

Can We Use Our Personal Wireless Ergonomic Keyboard And Mouse With MQs Computer?nm
Feb 20, 2011

nm ...

Want To Clear This Up For Myself
May 21, 2010

Could somebody clear up for me what the difference between clinic and acute care are? Is clinic referring to offices? ...

CCS Vs. CPC - To Clear This Up - Sm
Nov 20, 2011

I get tired of reading that hospitals only want CCS credentials.  That completely depends on the hospital.  What should be said is INPATIENT coding is CCS and OUTPATIENT is CPC.  A local government hospital here only wants CPC.  A huge, huge, well-known hospital in my area takes both CPC and CCS because they do so much of BOTH.    Someone coming here for information on becoming a coder should find out where they want to work and what type of coding credential tha ...

CCT/Clear Choice
May 18, 2012

any info good or bad appreciated.    Thank you ...

Anyone Know Anything About Clear Choice?
Oct 02, 2013

I see they have an ad on the other site and don't see their name often so I'm hopeful! ...