A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Ready to strangle Verizon - Backwards Typist

Posted: Mar 23, 2011

I have been dealing with a payment problem for over 2 weeks. I had 2 phone #s with them, one personal and 1 for my dictation machine. Went with Comcast for the personal # and canceled that account with Verizon. Sent me a bill. I paid 2/3/11. On 3/10, they sent me a refund check for $34 stating I did not owe it. Cashed check.

Next day, i get a letter from a collection agency.  In the meantime, Verizon had credited my other phone # with the $34 amount, so now I did owe $34 on the old #. I call (it's bad enough it takes 1/2 hour to get a human voice) and they show I do not owe that bill. GRRRR.

I started getting robocalls from the collection agency. Can't call them because it's a recording. Called Verizon AGAIN on 3/12. Do not owe any money. On 3/18, because of the robocalls, I finally got someone who told me exactly why this happened and said if I go to a local agency and pay the bill, it will be credited within a half hour and pulled from the collection agency that day. Fine. Did that. Called Verizon the next day. Shows I still owe that amount. Get another robocall. Called Verizon again. Not posted - takes a couple days. WHAT? Call Verizon back. Showing it posted 3/18. Stated it was pulled from collection agency. Half hour later, another robocall. Call Verizon again. Get direct phone number from them. Call collection agency, gave account number. Would you believe they stated it was not the correct account number because I gave the last 3 digits (the ones with the alpha letter) after the 13 #s, and it was different from the one they had because I added those last 3 digits. Gave the account # without the last 3 digits. Would not budge. Blew my stack and stated I would be contacting my attorney. She said, "Well, if you want to do that, fine, but it's silly to do it over a $34 bill." Oh, no, lady. It would be for much, much more, but didn't tell her that.

Call Verizon again and told them what she said. Their answer? Shouldn't be with agency so "don't answer the phone." What???? So, I'm to sit here and let robocalls every day? I'm supposed to let them put this on my credit report???? 

I'm absolutely furious! I've been a Verizon customer since they bought Bell. This is how they treat their customers?  

UPDATE: Called Verizon again. They gave me the phone # for the credit reporting department. Will be calling but have to calm down right now.

Sorry for this vent and hope it's not too confusing, but thanks for letting me do it. I will be looking for another phone company that does not deal with Verizon.

MODERATOR: This does not belong on this board. - Backwards Typist

[ In Reply To ..]
It is not a tech help problem. It is a gab board problem. Please move back to the gab board.

Send a letter to collection agency disputing debt. sm - CrispyCritterMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Send a copy of your payment. Ask them in writing not to call you. Make them prove everything in writing. Send it certified mail so they have to sign a green card and send it back to you so you have proof they got the letter. I've had bad dealings with Verizon too. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand's doing. I'd getting something in writing from Verizon that they pulled it back from the CA. Wouldn't trust them with just a verbal over the phone answer.

Similar Messages:

Oh How I Want To STRANGLE This Dictator...
Jan 20, 2015

spell the name of a doctor whose name is something like "Dr.  Lhaksuduaramamaan" - He just says it real fast and thinks whoever is transcribing the report will just automatically know how to spell that!!!  Not to mention he has a Chinese accent --THAT doesn't help either. So he can't go ahead and maybe spell that out?  To top it off, he says this name 3 different times in the report, making me have to leave THREE blanks, which I now have to pend?  I was miracu ...

Verizon FIOS And VPN
May 12, 2011

Does anyone have Verizon FIOS, phone, internet and TV and also work at home working with a company using a VPN? Do you know if FIOS is compatible with the VPN. My cable bill is now $183 a month for triple play and I am trying to get it lowered. Verizon has a special but I don't know if VPNs are compatible with their internet service. Where I worked before, I had to use a VPN and had to use cable, for some reason, it was quirky. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks ...

Switched Over To Verizon Wireless.
Jul 12, 2012

I have had HughesNet satellite for the last 2 years.  This has been extremely slow and lots of down time with weather.  So I was told that Verizon would be much better.  Now that it is installed, I am disappointed to see how slow this is.  My download time is so bad, I doubt any company would hire me or maybe they would, but with all the waiting for downloading of files, I could never get a good line count.   Supposedly Verizon says they are putting up more po ...

Verizon High Speed Internet
Apr 15, 2010

Was wondering if anyone has used Verizon High Speed Internet and what your experience as with it?  I am considering switching as it 50% less my current cable service.  TIA! ...

Any Verizon 4G LTE Internet Users Having Problems?
Jul 05, 2014

I have no choice but to use Verizon 4G for my ISP because of my rural location. Worked fine for about 6 months and then started disconnecting my internet connection periodically which would bump me out of my jobs and make transmission of jobs impossible. I lost a heck of a lot of work because of this. I got a new router - same thing. My daughter was able to go on her smart phone and get on the internet using her personal data during this "down time" on my router so know it wasnt an issue with th ...

READY TO GO!!
Apr 13, 2010

Has anyone quit and been able to collect unemployment?  I am just about ready to call it a day, good-by, farewell.   ...

Ready, Set....
Oct 03, 2010

Getting ready to begin testing for a part-time position I REALLY need...Wish me luck! Ready, set....GO!!! ...

Ready To Cry!
Dec 23, 2010

My clinic that I type for just started MTs on editing. I have lost almost $200 in pay on just 1 check until I can somehow double my over 1200 lines I already type a day! Sorry, I just needed to vent before I just bust out crying. ...

Ready To Run 2
Jul 08, 2011

I'm just scared to death of jumping from the frying pain into the fire.  I know there have to be better companies out there.  I work on 15+ accounts, make no money to speak of, my boss makes me feel guilty if I want 2 hours off, forgets to send me e-mails that she sends everyone else, changed my PTO after it was already approved, and I could go on.  Today may be notice day after 12 years with this company. ...

RE: I Have Already Been Getting Ready And Will
Apr 27, 2012

http://the99spring.com/ How exactly will you differentiate between staff who are legitimately sick and those who are not?  I can't wait for all the EEOC, wage, unemployment, etc., claims to start as well as the legal jeopardy that your company can and will face in the event of unlawful termination.  The legal clinics will be very busy.  You would be very surprised at the resources that exist for the poor. They just don't know about them. Yet that is. Oh what an ...

Ready To Say Enough Is Enough
Feb 04, 2013

I have done this for years now but have just almost reached the end of what I can take. I have fought retiring, wanted to continue on but I feel the work is just not worth the hassel anymore. We are held to an almost impossible level now, just us, not what kind of dictation is sent our way. Nothing is said to ask others to clean up their dictation to where it is halfway audible but let us have 1 word left off that is not even meaning to the context of the report and we are called on the carpet f ...

I Think I Am Ready To Go Out And Get A Job Other Than MT!
Feb 04, 2013

Been doing MT & QA for 30 years, since I was in high school!  Boy, how things have changed. My kids are grown and in college now, one in Medical School studying to be a doctor, and I think, I am ready now to go out into the rat rate of 9-5 out of the home! Thinking, administrative assistant, type of position.  My wrists and hands hurt, CTS, and can't get it fixed because I can't be without pay for 6 weeks waiting to heal, etc. etc. etc. It was a fantastic career, all-in ...

Question For QA'ers...How Do You Know When You Are Ready??? Sm
Dec 15, 2009

I've got over 16 years of experience with both acute care and multispecialty clinic.  I'm tired of being insulted by being offered line rates that I would have starved on 10+ years ago.  I'm very interested in pursuing a QA position.  For those of you who have done or are doing QA, how did you know when you were qualified to handle it? I would appreciate any information or tips you would be willing to share.  Thanks! ...

Ready For Another Wave Of . . . .
Mar 06, 2010

Ok, so we DO NOT get paid for reading through our QA feedback, we are getting our line counts cut, and we do not get paid for looking up old reports to cut down on QA?  Something tells me the wind is shfiting and it is ain't smelling too ripe.  Batten down the hatches ladies and gents, thar she BLOWS!!!! ...

Facies Are S/l Ready
Nov 30, 2010

I have heard this before and I don't think the correct spelling is ready, any ideas would be appreciated. ...

Getting Ready To Retire
May 30, 2011

HI everyone, well, here I am about to retire from the Federal Government after 37 years, but would like to go back to transcriptions which I did fo a few years. Course, a few years is a long time and I know I'll need to go back to a school for brush-up. Any recommendations, or should I try to learn to bake cookies instead? Please help! ...

Ready To Run - Need To Vent
Jul 07, 2011

Okay, the Q lost my account of 13 years, put me on new local account, just went live.  All I am hearing is how unhappy the new client is and is in jeopardy, this after about 3 weeks.  All I am hearing is we are sending too many blanks, need to check old reports (excuse me, after 3 weeks not many of those), reports must be perfect.  Next to no client profile to go on.  QA person is trying like crazy to load repository, don't blame her at all.  But the dictators are n ...

Get Ready Transcenders...
Mar 13, 2012

You will be "offered" lots and lots of OT every day, and asked to mail in your committments for every weekend. It is not "mandatory", but if you do not do it, you will be written by your SM asking you to. Same thing. So tiring, day in and day out. Guess I am not a "team player" because I feel I was hired to work 40 hours and any time after that is "My Life Time." ...

So Ready To Quit.
May 24, 2012

At this point I'd make more money waiting tables even though I'm older.  It's crazy.  With the VR I'm working double the hours for half the pay.  Not to mention there are 3 new QA's on my accounts and each want things done differently. I'm so fed up.  This is all I know but figure if an old dog can learn new tricks........... ...

Ready, Set, GOOOOOOOOO
Oct 17, 2012

Well it's that time!!!  Next Tuesday is my last day at work (the hospital I work for goes live with MModal).  There are 12 remote transcriptionists at our hospital and only one accepted a position with MModal.  So, whoever works in possibly the North region you all will be getting lots of work soon.  None of us are doing very much to get the work caught up.  It's kind of bittersweet but since we were officially outsourced and signed our paperwork, none of ...

Getting Ready To Change To 7.2
Mar 09, 2013

other than the annoying graph? ...

Taxes...anyone Know When W2s Will Be Ready?
Jan 11, 2014

NM.... ...

I Am Almost Ready To Leave This Job
Jun 29, 2014

I am asking this simply because I pay ZERO attention to emails the company sends out, I have sat here and simply done my job and kiss their tails because I needed the job..So now that I don't here is the question I have..Do I: 1. Start voicing my opinion as to their asinine audits and 99.7% accuracy garbage simply in response to the QC lead that sends them out or maybe cc some of the suits? Anyone have some names for me to send responses to. And then sit back and wait to be fired fo ...

Ready To QUIT!
Sep 22, 2014

I've been an MT for a little over 6 years now, and I loved it up until a few months ago. I was making good money and enjoyed the account I was on. In June, the company I work for switched my accounts (after being on the one for 4-1/2 years). Now I'm making signifcantly less money and having to put in double the work. I can't even pay the bills anymore. I have decided to go back to college and get my health information technician degree, because it seems like transcription just isn ...

Lines Are Ready. Nm
Dec 17, 2014

xx ...

Gettin Ready To Celebrate
Oct 26, 2010

just kiddin ...

Bottles Of Rady Or Ready What?
Mar 19, 2011

The patient is to go to Radiology and receives 2 bottles of _____________ on the Friday prior to the CT scan (of abdomen and pelvis)  S/L radycad or readycad or something like that. Anyone know?   ...

Please Help....ready To Pull My Hair Out...
Jul 19, 2011

It sounds as if the dictator is saying "necrotic syndrome"  however, everything popping up in search is nephrotic syndrome.....this is going all the way through the report...I have slowed the dictator down and listened carefully and she continues to sound as if she is saying necrotic...is the such a syndrome?   thank you in advance for any help. ...

Am I Ready To Give Up Altogether?
Dec 28, 2011

I picture them coming to take my things away...the antique hutch, the old piano, the Christmas tree (if it happens before the last of January), etc. I picture myself in the welfare hotel with all the others, trying to stay above the fray and weed out the figurative and literal noise, an inevitable occurrence in a place like that... perhaps then I'll finally laugh again, for fearing the worst may be actually worse than the actual. ...

PARTY OF 13, YOUR TABLE IS READY....
May 13, 2012

Allow me to introduce myself!  I am one of those very PROUD 13 women.  I am also very proud of the fact that I see so many others here who are willing to stand up and join us in this.  When I read over the very FEW posts from those who say we can't cut it, we are lazy, etc... I laugh.  Yes, you heard that right!  I laugh!  In their ignorance, they make untrue statements about me as they do not know me or my work ethic or my education level o ...