A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Any Verizon 4G LTE internet users having problems? - sickntired

Posted: Jul 05, 2014

I have no choice but to use Verizon 4G for my ISP because of my rural location. Worked fine for about 6 months and then started disconnecting my internet connection periodically which would bump me out of my jobs and make transmission of jobs impossible. I lost a heck of a lot of work because of this. I got a new router - same thing. My daughter was able to go on her smart phone and get on the internet using her personal data during this "down time" on my router so know it wasnt an issue with the tower. On my third router now and yesterday, 4th of July, about 5 hours into my day it started slowing down everything from email sending and receiving to document downloads, etc. Everything was slow. This time my daughter and her husband also had the same issue with their smart phones - taking forever to download webpages. I couldn't finish my day of work yesterday as no documents would download for me. I'm thinking that maybe with people off of work there was a large influx of usage for my tower. I live in a resort lake town and we have a huge fireworks display and the tourists are here en force. Any ideas? It seems to be working just fine today with no problems at all.

Internet Problems - Fatigued Fingers

[ In Reply To ..]
I use Comcast and I'm having the same problem. Slow downloads (if it loads at all), getting kicked out of things, etc.

Similar Messages:

Verizon High Speed Internet
Apr 15, 2010

Was wondering if anyone has used Verizon High Speed Internet and what your experience as with it?  I am considering switching as it 50% less my current cable service.  TIA! ...

Verizon FIOS And VPN
May 12, 2011

Does anyone have Verizon FIOS, phone, internet and TV and also work at home working with a company using a VPN? Do you know if FIOS is compatible with the VPN. My cable bill is now $183 a month for triple play and I am trying to get it lowered. Verizon has a special but I don't know if VPNs are compatible with their internet service. Where I worked before, I had to use a VPN and had to use cable, for some reason, it was quirky. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks ...

Ready To Strangle Verizon
Mar 23, 2011

I have been dealing with a payment problem for over 2 weeks. I had 2 phone #s with them, one personal and 1 for my dictation machine. Went with Comcast for the personal # and canceled that account with Verizon. Sent me a bill. I paid 2/3/11. On 3/10, they sent me a refund check for $34 stating I did not owe it. Cashed check. Next day, i get a letter from a collection agency.  In the meantime, Verizon had credited my other phone # with the $34 amount, so now I did owe $34 on the old #. I ca ...

Switched Over To Verizon Wireless.
Jul 12, 2012

I have had HughesNet satellite for the last 2 years.  This has been extremely slow and lots of down time with weather.  So I was told that Verizon would be much better.  Now that it is installed, I am disappointed to see how slow this is.  My download time is so bad, I doubt any company would hire me or maybe they would, but with all the waiting for downloading of files, I could never get a good line count.   Supposedly Verizon says they are putting up more po ...

Any MAC Users?
May 10, 2010

Anybody have a Mac?  Do you love it?  I've only read positive reviews by Mac owners. and the peoplle i know who are Mac owners really love them as well.  Any quirks or downsides to owning one/using one?  What are the upsides to owning a Mac?  Are they worth the money? What are the positives to owning a Mac?  Thanks for any insight. ...

EditScript Users
Oct 07, 2010

What are your average lines per hour for editing?  Acute care.  We are transitioning over and most dictations have not gone into editing yet. We are curious as to what your productivity is.   So far the drafts are amazingly good.  This is all new to us.  I have read through the archives but they are not very recent.  Thank you to anyone who answers. ...

Any BayScribe Users Out There?
Sep 04, 2011

I started with a company using BayScribe.  I have a rather unusual problem.  The BayScribe expander will not function in the document.  I can bring it up via Control F3 and can add entries, but they will not expand.  When my machine is entered remotely, that user IS able to expand, but within the same session, I still cannot expand.  I have uninstall, reinstalled, Norton off, IE setting fine.  Toggling on and off makes no difference.  I have been troubleshootin ...

Bayscribe Users
Jun 23, 2012

Having been away from Bayscribe for awhile, I cannot remember the keystroke(s), but can you tell me how, after you highlight a word or phrase, that you can change the case, ie, from lower, to upper, to mixed?  Thanks. ...

Question For DQS Users
Jul 20, 2012

Hi Everyone - I need some help from the DocQScribe users. I had a little trouble with my computer earlier today.  Got it up and running again, but now when I go into DQS, everything works except for Control+J (Jump) and Control+D (to go to demo screen).  Is this a problem in a setting for DQS?  Is it my computer?  My keyboard?  I also use Shorthand word expander and have checked all the settings in there they all look good. Anyone have any ideas?  I'm switch ...

Question For ASR Users
Sep 27, 2012

I'm curious.  What is your ASR editing style?  1) Just read and fix, without listening, but listen to certain parts if question. 2) Read against voice everytime and fix, then send. 3) Read against voice everytime and fix, then read against voice again, then send. 4) Read against voice, fix, then just read without a second listen. 5) Other. Explain. I'm tired of ASR, and just curious how others are doing it!   ...

ExpressScribe Users Please Help...sm
Nov 13, 2012

Could someone tell me when load and delete voice files into ExpressScribe, how the heck do I get it to save the original date and time stuff was recorded instead of changing it to the date and time I brought it into the program.  Frustrated.  Thanks all. ...

Any Benchmark Users?
May 19, 2013

I'm trying to get a new system set up on my new computer and was just curious about Benchmark.   Does anyone currently use it and, if so, do you find it a useful resource?  I hate to spend $200 on something that isn't actually helpful and a time-saver.  If you use it, can you share which features it offers that you find the most beneficial?  And, conversely, if it has any features you find not so helpful?  Do you consider it to have been a good investment? Th ...

Any Laptop Users?
Jun 12, 2014

Hello.  I'm wondering if anyone uses a laptop for work and if so any suggestions on the best ones, value and performance.  I am starting a new job and was told a laptop would be fine.  I would only use it a small amount of time and generally use my desktop computer, but would like the option, without spending a fortune or having it breakdown.  Thanks for any thoughts or advice. ...

Any EditScript 10 Users
Oct 23, 2014

Has anyone using EditScript 10 in the last few days noticed that it is acting very badly?  It is even making my keyboard act up.  It is not occuring with versions 9 or 11, only 10.  ...

Condolences To XP Users
Jan 12, 2015

I just have to send out some Monday wishes for all those with XP who woke up to a nice e-mail that they would have to acquire a new computer.  Considering it is barely after Christmas, and it just is one thing followed by another, I'm not sure how they expect you to do this on less pay, and I'm sure this created stress for a lot of people. And I just thought some warm wishes and prayers in your direction were warranted this morning.   :(   ...

Instant Text Users - Need Help Please
Jun 17, 2010

When I press L, I would like to get left but get "like" instead.  R gives me right immediately.  I tried to delete "like" but cannot.  Can you tell me if it is possible to make the L give me left?    Thank you - :) ...

Instant Text Users
Sep 28, 2010

I am looking for Instant Text users who may be able to get me headed in the right direction in regards to compilations.  I have been using Instant Text for quite a while now, only adding things on the fly, or using the enrich feature.  I do not understand the compilation feature it seems.  Whenever, I try to utilize this feature I come up with phrases that I really will never hear again, odd things within reports.  For example, the patient's dog's name - lol!&n ...

Question For EditScript Users
Sep 29, 2010

Does anyone know a way to get around the lock on copying or printing documents transcribed in EditScript? I do the copying process as a means of building up Dragon document analysis (once it's done the document is destroyed). Doing this would have a huge impact on my production (double or triple it), so I think you can see why I'm hoping this can be done. ...

Transcend/Bayscribe Users
Oct 30, 2010

Does anyone know what the latest edition of internet explorer bayscribe will support?  I currently have 6.0 installed but I keep getting messages on other web pages that my browser is too outdated to download/view these web pages.  Some pages take forever to open and others won't download at all. Is Bayscribe compatible with IE 7 or 8? ...

Medent Users-Old System, I Know, But It's A Job
Mar 03, 2011

It is pretty much a "cake" job BUT I would like to have some sort of manual. Does anyone know where I could get one?? It's a 3 person office, 1 of which, will be out for a while. That's where I come in. I am going in today to get familiar with it. But I would like to have reference material to look at. The woman I am filling in for coud not find it at the time of my interview yesterday. I'd appreciate any help, thanks. ...

SoftScript Shorthand Users
Dec 15, 2011

I have been doing this way too long to just accept that this takes so long to do...I have made many macros on shorthand and if they are more than a word or so long (many of my macros are many sentences/paragraphs long) it takes FOREVER for the program to type it all in.  I am already having to click WAY too much to just get into the stinking job that I am just hoping that someone has a way to fix this?!?!  PLEASE HELP!! ...

Kinesis Users!! Need Insert Key
Apr 08, 2012

I am trying to learn Shorthand and I need the insert key for a combination keystroke.  Is the only insert key the imbedded one?  My brain is already on overload.  If this is the case, can you tell me a quick way to program this to use with the alt key?  ...

Former Instant Text Users --
Oct 20, 2013

I now work where outside expanders are not an option and I'm beginning to think I can't even type without my Instant Text.     Anybody else out there been through this and is there any hope at the end of the tunnel?  I'm just finding it almost impossible to adapt, not to mention remember the shortcuts on a regular expander (AutoCorrect) - ugh! ...

Editscript - Any Current Users?
May 08, 2014

Anyone currently using editscript.  My company will be switching over.  Just wondering is it easy to use, do you get good line counts?  I'm nervous about the switch.  ...

Enterprise Users Query About
Nov 09, 2014

Fellow Enterprise platform users, have you ever lost the red box around the text and wondered why? Once it is gone you can no longer move about the report with ease, the facility to go to a particular place by Alt-R or double click no longer works. If anyone has figured out why this happens - i.e., have I inadvertently hit a combination of keystrokes that caused this, have I deleted some bit of ISR that was crucial to the red text box? Very confusing and when you are in a 10 minute long report ...

Nuance EScription Users?
Mar 24, 2015

I am wondering if there any Nuance employees that are on eScription accounts? What is your experience? Is it better/easier/faster than eBtxt? Are you able to make a decent line count? ...

Question For SR Users - How Much Keyboarding Is Required?
Jan 29, 2010

I hope this isn't a silly question. I'm going to ask our graduates this question too, but I want to get a wide range of answers and viewpoints on this. For those of you who are using SR, how much keyboarding is required? In other words, could a person who types 30-40 wpm use it productively? ...

Emdat/InScribe 4.97 Users - I Need Some Info...
Sep 19, 2010

I've been using an old version(4.3) with the OK of the company I transcribe for.  But I'm now having so many technical issues that I need to install the upgrade of 4.97.394. A previous upgrade required the use of the InScribe internal player.  I tried this, bought 2 different foot pedals, and neither one worked for me, as both interfered with my expansions. One pedal I tried was the Start-Stop.  If I was in the process of starting or stopping play at the same time I wa ...

MQ Computer Users - Are You Wary Of Espionage?
Oct 27, 2010

The new 6.1 upgrade would not jive with mine, so am receiving a new pc from MQ soon.  Just curious how many others have been unable to work because of this upgrade to 6.1. And for those who currently use a company pc, did it arrive with the software installed? Do you think your keystrokes are being monitored?      ...

Question For Users Of Express Scribe
Nov 18, 2010

I just downloaded and started using Express Scribe and am wondering if there's a way to set it so that it automatically backspaces a second or two when you lift up on the pedal?    Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.  ...