A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Verizon High Speed Internet - Shelly

Posted: Apr 15, 2010

Was wondering if anyone has used Verizon High Speed Internet and what your experience as with it?  I am considering switching as it 50% less my current cable service.  TIA!

Verizon - Anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]
I've had Verizon DSL, I don't know if that is what you are referring to. I liked their service but for me the difference was the speed. I have cable internet at 2.5x faster download speed than I had with DSL. I waited for a special and got it for about the same price as Verizon. Before you sign up you might want to compare the speed they offer to your current cable. If that is not important to you then go for it!

I have it, and like the fact that I have - any problems SM

[ In Reply To ..]
with it. This is very important to me. I can count on it working. The only problems I have had come from the wireless router, Linksys. If you try to get tech support, you will be talking to India, and that is a nightmare.

Verizon High-Speed - 15+ exp

[ In Reply To ..]
I also switched from cable to Verizon. I my area the DSL equals or betters the speed of cable, and with the bundle deal I get everything for right around 114/month (phone with unlimited long distance, caller ID; direct tv with all channels including movies, and the highest dsl speed there is). Hope this helps. I have no problems with the service.

Similar Messages:

Sprint "unlimited" High-speed Wireless Internet
Sep 10, 2010

FYI for all.  I have had an "unlimited" Sprint Internet plan for a number of years working at home without any problems.  Sprint has apparently decided to put a cap on the plan, of which I am shortly to exceed it without any prior notice.  I am told my only resort is to pay for the overage or cancel my services, which I just renewed contract on conveniently enough for Sprint.  I'm still working on my "issue" but thought I'd give others a headsup.  If you have S ...

Is DSL Usually Considered "high-speed Internet"? ++
Jan 09, 2014

I've have had cable internet service since 2005, and since early 2008 I have worked for 3 companies that all required high-speed internet. I never gave it much thought because I've always had the cable service. But now we want to move, and unfortunately cable internet service is just about non-existant in the areas we are considering.  I'm very happy with my current position (and they can work with DSL), but obviously it would not be wise for me to move to a place that would ...

Any Verizon 4G LTE Internet Users Having Problems?
Jul 05, 2014

I have no choice but to use Verizon 4G for my ISP because of my rural location. Worked fine for about 6 months and then started disconnecting my internet connection periodically which would bump me out of my jobs and make transmission of jobs impossible. I lost a heck of a lot of work because of this. I got a new router - same thing. My daughter was able to go on her smart phone and get on the internet using her personal data during this "down time" on my router so know it wasnt an issue with th ...

Anyone Using Their Own Modem With Comcast High Speed?
Mar 16, 2011

Hey all! I have Comcast high speed internet and am paying a $7/mo rental fee for using their modem. If anyone out there uses a store-bought modem with Comcast, would you mind naming the brand? With my luck, I will pick the wrong kind and have problems right after taking the Comcast one back. Actually, if anyone thinks I should stick with the rental, I would like your opinion, too. Thank! ...

Do You Really Need 4 MB Download Internet Speed?
Sep 14, 2011

The offer packet says we have to have 4 to 8 MB download speed. Do you really need that much speed? Living in the country, my average high-speed is 1.5 MB download and 0.54 upload. What I have works fine for me now, but will that be a problem working for MQ? ...

Verizon FIOS And VPN
May 12, 2011

Does anyone have Verizon FIOS, phone, internet and TV and also work at home working with a company using a VPN? Do you know if FIOS is compatible with the VPN. My cable bill is now $183 a month for triple play and I am trying to get it lowered. Verizon has a special but I don't know if VPNs are compatible with their internet service. Where I worked before, I had to use a VPN and had to use cable, for some reason, it was quirky. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks ...

Ready To Strangle Verizon
Mar 23, 2011

I have been dealing with a payment problem for over 2 weeks. I had 2 phone #s with them, one personal and 1 for my dictation machine. Went with Comcast for the personal # and canceled that account with Verizon. Sent me a bill. I paid 2/3/11. On 3/10, they sent me a refund check for $34 stating I did not owe it. Cashed check. Next day, i get a letter from a collection agency.  In the meantime, Verizon had credited my other phone # with the $34 amount, so now I did owe $34 on the old #. I ca ...

Switched Over To Verizon Wireless.
Jul 12, 2012

I have had HughesNet satellite for the last 2 years.  This has been extremely slow and lots of down time with weather.  So I was told that Verizon would be much better.  Now that it is installed, I am disappointed to see how slow this is.  My download time is so bad, I doubt any company would hire me or maybe they would, but with all the waiting for downloading of files, I could never get a good line count.   Supposedly Verizon says they are putting up more po ...

S/l Loprozol 50 Mg BID. Pt Has A Hx Of Type II DM, HTN, High Lipids, High Lipids, Heartburn, Neurop
Jan 12, 2010

x ...

Hyphen ... Providing High Quality Care OR High-quality Care
Oct 06, 2011

... providing high quality care OR high-quality care. I did it one way and the dictating NP says it should be the other way.  I have to do it her way but I would appreciate hearing from some fellow MT professionals. Thanks for any input.     ...

ASR Speed
Apr 10, 2012

I've been transcribing for 23 years. I recently got switched to pretty much all ASR and I really like it. However, the pay is only 4 cents per line plus my shift differential, so that's 4.75 cents per line. I started ASR three days ago. I find it totally non-stressful, pleasant, and interesting. But I am averaging about $7.50 an hour! I don't necessarily need to get tons of money, but this isn't even minimum wage in California (which is $8.00 per hour). How can I get speed? I ...

QA SPEED
Jun 09, 2012

Does anyone know what a safe speed is for QA?  Some MT's I know can edit at 180 to 190 on the speed bar on Nuance Escription.  Managers say these are their "top performers," but I would like to be a fly on the wall to see how their reports are finished on QA. ...

Speed
Nov 04, 2012

So tell me, how do I pick up speed?  I average about 184 lines an hour.  The stats they send out say most of you are doing 220 lines an hour.  What can I do to pick up speed?  My accounts do not allow templates of more than 75 words.  The 7.1 is better with regard to looking up reports, but I still don't know if I am supposed to hit enter after one section before moving on to the next one (history and physical...enter???, then past medical history, for example).&nbs ...

Another Speed Question
Jan 26, 2010

Just wondering how many lines and hour an MT who uses no expanders or macros whatsoever can type.  Anyone know? The fact that there are so many variables kind of sucks because an MT can't really argue if their company gives them a hard time about their speed since there may be no one else to compare with (in an fair way). ...

Dictator Speed
Mar 15, 2010

I am just curious as to what speed setting to most of you keep it on when doing ASR?  I try to keep mine between 8 and 9 unless it's an extremely slow dictator.  I would like to increase my line count, but I'm afraid if I  speed it up too much I might miss something. ...

Trying To Increase Speed...
Sep 25, 2010

Does anyone have any hints/suggestions/help for working more quickly in Powerscribe editing radiology reports?  The program seems a bit sluggish and you have to wait on it when you want to go on to the next step/next report.  Any hints for copying/pasting more quickly, etc?  Any info would be greatly appreciated as I am trying to increase my speed.  TIA ...

TransTech VR Speed
Jan 21, 2011

I'm wondering if anyone else likes to keep the VR speed above 100% when doing VR?  What number are you comfortable with?  I know there are some docs that have to be slowed down to 100% speed or below, but what's your comfortable speed?  I have mine set at 115%, but I'm trying to creep up to 120% to see if it helps the line count a little. ...

Typing Speed Of MT's
Feb 17, 2011

No one seems to talk about typing speed these days.  I see a huge difference in earning ability of an MT by their typing speed.  I get resumes and people don't even put their typing speed on a resume often.  I have to go back and ask them.  It is the best ruler out there.  Are there any 100 wpm typists out there looking for clinic work, M-F, 9-5?  Since we all work by production, obviously the faster you type, the more you will earn (and happier you will be) bu ...

Gauging Speed
Feb 24, 2011

I was wondering how long it would take an experinced MT to transcribe a 1:20 (one hour and 20 minutes) report? I am new at this and I think this took me waaayyyy longer than it should have. Can't help but to think I chose the wrong path....lol I guess my speed was about one hour per 9 minutes....The company told me a good transcriber would be one hour for 15 minutes....Is this correct....Turn around time was 24 hours and I barely made the deadline.... ...

Typing Speed
Jun 07, 2011

Does anyone know what the expected typing speed is to get a job - have lots of experience, but ASR work has slowed my typing speed! ...

How Long Does It Take To Get Up To Speed
Aug 08, 2011

I know everyone's different, so just asking for an avg.  Just found out today (after finally getting to a somewhat stable line count) that my former Spheris acct w/ be switching to it shortly. ...

Speed Talkers
Aug 29, 2011

I am so tired of these docs and PAs screaming through their PEs that I am just so tempted to just put a big fat QA marker for the whole thing.  Yes we can go back and look at old reports (full of conflicting info, blanks, plain wrong) but between that and listening over and over,  geez we sure do spend a lot of time "working" for which we are not paid!  ...

How Long Does It Take You To Get Up To Speed?
Sep 08, 2011

How long do you give a new job a shot before you know whether or not you will be able to be productive with it? I really want to give up my current full-time job, but I have tried a couple of other MTSOs and their platforms are so much more time-consuming and I end up not being able to make any money.  I know that it will take a bit of time to get totally up to speed. Just wondering how long it takes others to get up to a comfortable speed at a new company or when you know you have to throw ...

They Really Need To Speed Their Servers Up
Mar 01, 2012

Not only their mail server but the DocQmanage server as well.  Its ridiculous.  There have been so many times where I knew I could fill in one of my blanks if I could just look at some of the old work in DQM, but when doing a search, it takes so long, I end up just saying the heck with it and sending it off with the blanks.  It's not like I have a slow connection either.  I'm on fiber at 10 mbs, so that's not the problem. ...

Keyboard Speed
Jun 20, 2012

A lot is being said about stepping up speed and productivity as far as keyboard techniques, but I think my problem is mostly that I cant think that fast as far as sentence structure and meaning.  And if I speed things up, I worry about whether I actually heard it right and if I have left out words here and there.  I like to quickly proof the report but I have read that an MT should proof only 2 reports per day.  Any advice? ...

SPEED OF DICTATION
Sep 26, 2012

On every single report, the speed starts out so fast that it is hard to keep up with even the dictators I am familiar with.  I have to adjust it on every report.  Can some one please tell me a way to fix it permanently?  Thanks. ...

Speed Type
Apr 30, 2013

I am planning to purchase Speed Type within the next couple of days and would appreciate hearing from others who use it. I'm wondering: Do I actually need to purchase the training resources in order to learn how to use it? About how long did it take you to learn how to use it? Just how beneficial is it for an MT to have? ...

Is It Me Or Did They Change The Speed
Jan 05, 2014

Same speed that I always have it marked, but sounds like the dictators are dictating at the speed of light today..Bet the company changed it to try and speed us up ...

EditScript Speed
Mar 27, 2014

Don't you just *love* it when the system decides to speed up certain dictators to so fast that no one can comprehend - and theoretically they want you to edit them that fast?  Gees - so annoying to have to slow them down to a reasonable level all because some idiot who doesn't do transcription thinks we can go faster! ...

Wage While Gaining Speed
Nov 23, 2009

Would someone be so kind as to tell me, does Medquist pay at least minimum wage after formal training, but while you are learning your new account and trying to get up to production requirements?  Or, do they pay strictly on production only?  Thanks!  ...