A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

OOW - switched to garden sites - ss

Posted: Feb 12, 2015

We ran out of TAT last week and I guess our supervisor missed out on some bonus because of it.  Tightening down on schedules/hours/procedures for not showing up for work or showing up late were reiterated to us. Guess some took it seriously cause now the work is slim.

Had been getting stressed with having to flex or use up PTO, today I spent the last hour on gardening web sites and looking through seed catalogs.  Feel relaxed now and ready to prepare a little lunch and then check back in this afternoon. 

Hope everyone can find something soothing to do and take away a little of the sting of OOW situations.  Good luck.

I exercise when OOW - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
My husband bought me an elliptical off Craigslist for Christmas. This week, I vowed to do 5 minutes on the elliptical whenever I run out of work. Already at 15 minutes this morning lol

Yeah, about that - tightening up stuff

[ In Reply To ..]
Funny how they are not required to make any explanations if there is no work, but we are expected to be on call our entire shift in case some work turns up I guess or answer to it?

Why don't they make sure there is something there for us to type?

As far as I can tell, the rule it if there is no work on your shift in the beginning and you do the OOW protocol, you are free for the rest of the day (except you don't get paid), so once I do that OOW I go back on when I see there is work there, not sitting there waiting for work my entire shift.

I wish they would at least TRY to understand what it is like to try to scrape together enough hours for some semblance of a paycheck, and show that maybe they realize it's not right, or better yet try to ensure the scheduling is better managed.

As usual, the accountability they require from us is reflected in no way by anything at all required from them, not even a real job. A job that has no work is not a real job.

Similar Messages:

Anyone Ever Hear Of "garden Variety Cold" And Is It Capped?
Jan 26, 2010

x ...

Question For MTs That Have Switched To VR
Apr 20, 2010

I have only been doing this since February but I hate it.  I have no motivation and my production stinks.  How much more time should I give it before I give up on it?  I really wanted to try it; love the company I work for, just am not making enough money.  I have to admit, though my attitude is terrible.  I don't even want to get out of bed and go to work these days anymore.  How long did it take for you guys to make the change?  I have been an MT for 27 ...

Company Just Switched Over To VR. Sm
Apr 29, 2010

How long is reasonable to get yourself up to speed on a new VR platform before you throw in the towel?  I know it learns as it goes, but it doesn't seem to be learning very much, very fast, to me.  ...

Being Switched To Different Platform
Aug 19, 2011

I'm fairly new at the Q. Good line rate to start (10 cpl) on straight typing, but the account with all that straight typing has gone away and now I'm getting only VR editing (4 cpl) on a different account. I asked to be placed back on a straight typing account and they're switching me to a Spheris Legacy Platform next week. Can anybody give me a clue as to what the heck that might entail? I supposedly have to do some E-training first. Anyone familiar with this platform, please giv ...

For Those Who Have Switched Careers
Feb 15, 2012

I am considering going to school to get a certificate/AA type of training, possibly in MA, pharm tech, or massage therapy, that sort of thing.  If you have experience with this, did you run into the "newbie" catch-22 thing where you have to have experience to get a job or can you usually find something right out of school? ...

For Former MTs Who Switched To Coding:
Apr 10, 2015

Which do you prefer?  I actually like MT.  I find it interesting & satisfying to create a perfect report.  The pay going downhill is what I don't like...  I'm wondering if I would like coding & would love to hear from former MTs your thoughts on the similarities/differences and pros/cons. ...

Has Anyone Had An Account Switched To
Jun 03, 2015

I have to wonder if that's what is happening on Enterprise at the moment. Honestly, the OOW is shocking. You can't claim holiday slowdown when the holiday was almost 2 weeks ago, can you? I always remember 4th of July being slow, but really it's just the beginning of June, so what is this going to be, months of nothingness in the beautiful summer weather, sitting in front of your monitor 12 hours a day waiting for work all day and night? Sick to death of OOW, sick of flexing all ...

OB/GYN Sites
May 18, 2010

Good morning all! I'm starting a new account which is an OB/GYN clinic and also will entail a good deal of prenatal anomalies and investigations as well. Does anyone here have any particular favorite websites they use as an informative guide for terms, abbreviations, etc., related to this field?  If so, would you be so kind as to share any links? Thanks so much in advance for any valuable information you're willing to share. Have a great Tuesday! ...

"Garden" Test
Jul 24, 2014

Doc says this term several times during the arm examination for this patient.  He says "garden" test on right side was positive with resistance to extension of wrist.  Also uses the phrase "reverse garden."  If it helps, this doc has a very strong New York accent.   TIA   ...

Help Please - I Switched To That New Google Browser
Oct 18, 2009

and now when I try to bring up statistics using F9 in Docuscribe, I get an error message.  I'm not too computer savvy, but I'm sure it must be the new browser.  Other weird things happened too, like I can't read the posts here (Luckily I didn't get rid of my old browser so I am using it now).  Other than that problem though, Google Chrome browser is better and faster than the old one I was using (Avant), but if it doesn't work well in DQS, I'll have t ...

Just Curious.. . . Since We Have Switched Over To The New Region .. . .
Feb 07, 2010

I have not been able to go back and pull reports from before the switchover?  Is there any way to access that, or do we have to call Support? ...

How Long Did It Take To Retrain Your Eye When You Switched To VR?
Jun 16, 2010

I started a VR job just over two weeks ago.  I actually really like it.  It's on the Dictaphone platform which is one of the better ones, the drafts for the most part are pretty good and I find the work interesting. My problem is switching my "eye" from typing and reading to editing.  Plus, my prior job, which is now a part time IC job wasn't as picky about the BOS.  This new one is all about the BOS.   The new job also wants all numbers written as n ...

Switched To New Med From Risperdal S/l Invasia
Aug 09, 2010

Child has been less aggressive, less impulsive, since switching to the *invasia* from Risperdal ...

Has Anyone Ever Requested To Be Switched To A Particular Hospital/CCM?-NM
Nov 30, 2011

I worked for over 10 years on the same hospitals and then last spring new hospitals were added to my work load.  These new hospitals were then moved to a new CCM.  Work was plentiful, at first straight typing.  All was good until it turned to ASR and now the work seems to have dried up (I think that Indian drought).  I'm tired of bouncing around and would like to be moved back to my old accounts and old CCM, no complaints with the new CCM, just want to work steady and I ...

Switched To New Computer And Normals Are Not There
Dec 05, 2011

Just switched to the new computer and all my saved reports and normals/templates are not there.  It keeps saying user profile failed to update.  Is that why and what can I do about getting all my saved normals back.  This is awful.  ...

Switched Over To Verizon Wireless.
Jul 12, 2012

I have had HughesNet satellite for the last 2 years.  This has been extremely slow and lots of down time with weather.  So I was told that Verizon would be much better.  Now that it is installed, I am disappointed to see how slow this is.  My download time is so bad, I doubt any company would hire me or maybe they would, but with all the waiting for downloading of files, I could never get a good line count.   Supposedly Verizon says they are putting up more po ...

Can Anyone Who Has Switched To E-BYTX Give
Feb 26, 2013

make the transition a little easier?  Is it important to be proficient in word or can you just know the basics?  I have been hearing that numbering is a real problem.  ...

Laboratory Web Sites
Oct 12, 2009

Can someone help me with puting laboratory values in the right order? Or maybe a web site that is helpful. Thank you ...

Recommended FTP Sites?
Oct 18, 2010

I have been working through a company as an IC and now have an opportunity to gain a local account, but I need an FTP site that I can receive wav files and send reports back, does anyone have any suggestions?  The last time I did local accounts they were still using tapes, LOL! ...

Pathology Sites
Jun 10, 2011

I just switched over to typing pathology reports, are there any good sites that you recommend to help with learning some of the words and phrases.    ...

Been Switched To VR, Last 3 Years Making 20K Less A Year! Fed Up!
Jan 18, 2011

I need to vent about this and am wondering if I am the only one out there.  After my initial 2 years of in-house experience, I started working for a company and was there for over 7 years and made 33K a year.  The last 3-4 years since making the transition to VR, my pay has gone down to 13-14K a year.  That's a 20K loss per year!!!  I am not a happy camper.  I haven't been in this field for 13 years for my pay to go DOWN!  And what makes me the most angry ...

MT Dictation Practice Sites
Nov 16, 2009

Thanks for all the useful comments and equiptment tips. I am waiting for my internship.   Want to keep my skills sharp. What on-line sites would you all recommend for daily MT dictation pracrtice? I am currently redoing over and over my course materials. Also what does one do to improve on grammar and punctuation skills? Thanks. from Vermont, Diane     ...

Laboratory Data Web Sites
Dec 11, 2009

I seem to be having a problem with getting the lab data in the right sentence structure can anyone help me out with this problem. Thank you in advance. ...

Due Diligence: Should I Get Into The MT Biz? Which Are The BEST Training Sites?
Feb 09, 2012

There are SOOO MANY conflicting opinions on the MT profession, and SOOOO MANY options for training - the more I know, the more confused I seem to be. A "training program" or an "accredited school"?  Independent contractor or employee?  Doctor's office or national transcription company? I attended a very informative one-day class on the MT industry.  MT is a field that I have been interested in knowing more about but have not had the time to look into.  Now, I am unempl ...

Sites For Dental/OMFS
May 08, 2012

Does anyone know of sites for dental/maxillofacial procedures or terms? ...

Transcend/Nuance Web Sites Down?
May 21, 2012

Can't get into beyond text or the MLS site.  Any problems known? ...

Job Sites And Incomplete Information
Mar 01, 2013

Does anyone else on this board have an issue with companies not posting all of the information needed for people to apply? On a different board I found a job that I was interested in that  and I wanted to apply for it but some of the information ( i.e. years of experience, types of programs used etc) were not there. Should I stay away from companies that do this? ...

Anyone Else Having Trouble Getting Into Other Sites That The Jobs Available Do
Jan 27, 2014

not come up and says you can access the server. ...

Recommended Job Sites/Companies?
Oct 03, 2014

I'm currently in CareerStep and hoping to be done with my training in the next month or so. I'm trying to get a jump on companies I might want to apply for, and I'm not sure if I'm really getting anywhere. Many of the companies on GlassDoor are geting barely 2 out of 5 stars! CareerStep partners with a bunch of schools as well and I can only get information on about half of them off of Glassdoor. So any recommendations OR companies to stay away from would be great! ...

MTTest Testing Sites
Dec 09, 2014

It has been my experience that any time a company requests that you go to their testing site to complete a test, it seems to be a waste of time in screening candidates.  The audio files are extremely hard to hear and half the time the audio skips.  There should be a better way to screen applicants than by using these testing sites.  It is a no-win situation.  You spend two hours doing their screening and trying to transcribe reports that are not the work type that they are ev ...