A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Being switched to different platform - Kindaconfused

Posted: Aug 19, 2011

I'm fairly new at the Q. Good line rate to start (10 cpl) on straight typing, but the account with all that straight typing has gone away and now I'm getting only VR editing (4 cpl) on a different account. I asked to be placed back on a straight typing account and they're switching me to a Spheris Legacy Platform next week. Can anybody give me a clue as to what the heck that might entail? I supposedly have to do some E-training first. Anyone familiar with this platform, please give me any heads up needed. I'm a little bit confused and quite a bit concerned about this whole thing. Only been here a short time.

Do you know... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
if you'll be working on Clarity/Cornerstone platform? If so, that's where I work. Feel free to email me, and hopefully I can help you.

me too - me

[ In Reply To ..]
I was offered 10 cpl for straight typing also but told that 90% of the work was VR at 4 cpl - doing the math, no way could I survive on that. I stuck with my straight typing job and glad I am of it. :) Good luck.

Legacy Platforms - Kindaconfused

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not aware if the platform is Clarity/Cornerstone. Guess I'll find out Monday. Thanks for your kind offer. I'll keep be touch if needed.

different platform - tanzie

[ In Reply To ..]
Hate to say it, but you fell for it line and sinker when they started you at 10 cpl - that's the way they get ya -tell you that you're going to have straight typing and then boom one day it's all VR. Don't have a clue about the platform you're talking about, and did they say that it would be straight typing like you want? Most people are told tough luck if you don't want to do VR (if you have a good CCM maybe that'll help, but don't count on that either as orders come from above), and we all know that straight typing is going the way of the dinosaur.

I'd like to know how you managed to get them to pay you 10 cpl when they hired you (yrs of experience, Tier 3, etc.). But, I guess they knew you wouldn't be making that rate much longer.

Whatever happens with you, I do wish you the very best as we're all in this together at this lovely company. However, myself, I'm looking into other things as this job in the US is no longer respected and I choose not to work under those conditions.

Agree - MR

[ In Reply To ..]
I tested for Tier 3 and was also offered 10 and 4 earlier this year with MQ but didn't take it specifically because I know what little straight typing there is is going to VR sooner rather than later. I even asked if they could do more than 4 but no, I guess that's the limit for any new hires regardless of experience. Ended up accepting a job that paid less for straight, but more for VR for that reason.

to: Agree - MR - tanzie

[ In Reply To ..]
Smart move and good luck to you!!

I thought if you refused to do ASR you got booted - off the island?

[ In Reply To ..]
I didn't get a choice. I get some straight typing, mostly ASR. If I don't like it, I guess I can find someplace else to work.

Yep, when I refused to do ASR, - My experience

[ In Reply To ..]
I was told that there would not be any work for me as the accounts in that BOB were about 90% ASR with more being added and they would not let me transfer because "MQ needed people who could do ASR as that was what all would be eventually going to." I was given the choice to do ASR or terminate my employment.

I chose to stay because looking into other companies I found it was not much different elswhere and decided to learn ASR because it seems that is the wave of the future, and I did not want to give up my 3-weeks-a-year PTO, cpl, or the good accounts I was on and basically start over at another company that would probably be swallowed by MQ at some point anyway.

May be different in other places within MQ, but that was my experience.

to: booted off the island - tanzie

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm sure you've heard it many times before, but it all depends on your CCM -some of us get lucky and others really get the shaft, which is morally wrong as it should be straight across the board, but it's MQ - that says it all!!
I think you are right, it depends on CCM, but - Just me
[ In Reply To ..]
I know a few MTs who refused to do ASR and now get NJA all the time, so maybe just the same as getting "booted off the island" one way or another. Cannot do straight typing if there is none available and it seems this is the trend across MQ to have every account go to ASR.
Or that is why some of us get 90% ASR because - some selfish people only
[ In Reply To ..]
wanna straight type.

Well I have said it before. - And I will say it again.

[ In Reply To ..]
Being switched to the Spheris side was the best thing that ever happened for me. My old MQ accounts were all drying up. The new accounts they were adding were horrible. Me and my co-workers were actually fighting over what little work there was. Now, I have plenty of work. And its all Straight typing.

Not sure what it happening now, but it worked out better for me. I still have a lot of accounts, but for some reason they are not as hard to learn or maneuver as my old DQS accounts.

Give it a chance. Glad I did.....

Similar Messages:

Question For MTs That Have Switched To VR
Apr 20, 2010

I have only been doing this since February but I hate it.  I have no motivation and my production stinks.  How much more time should I give it before I give up on it?  I really wanted to try it; love the company I work for, just am not making enough money.  I have to admit, though my attitude is terrible.  I don't even want to get out of bed and go to work these days anymore.  How long did it take for you guys to make the change?  I have been an MT for 27 ...

Company Just Switched Over To VR. Sm
Apr 29, 2010

How long is reasonable to get yourself up to speed on a new VR platform before you throw in the towel?  I know it learns as it goes, but it doesn't seem to be learning very much, very fast, to me.  ...

For Those Who Have Switched Careers
Feb 15, 2012

I am considering going to school to get a certificate/AA type of training, possibly in MA, pharm tech, or massage therapy, that sort of thing.  If you have experience with this, did you run into the "newbie" catch-22 thing where you have to have experience to get a job or can you usually find something right out of school? ...

For Former MTs Who Switched To Coding:
Apr 10, 2015

Which do you prefer?  I actually like MT.  I find it interesting & satisfying to create a perfect report.  The pay going downhill is what I don't like...  I'm wondering if I would like coding & would love to hear from former MTs your thoughts on the similarities/differences and pros/cons. ...

Has Anyone Had An Account Switched To
Jun 03, 2015

I have to wonder if that's what is happening on Enterprise at the moment. Honestly, the OOW is shocking. You can't claim holiday slowdown when the holiday was almost 2 weeks ago, can you? I always remember 4th of July being slow, but really it's just the beginning of June, so what is this going to be, months of nothingness in the beautiful summer weather, sitting in front of your monitor 12 hours a day waiting for work all day and night? Sick to death of OOW, sick of flexing all ...

Help Please - I Switched To That New Google Browser
Oct 18, 2009

and now when I try to bring up statistics using F9 in Docuscribe, I get an error message.  I'm not too computer savvy, but I'm sure it must be the new browser.  Other weird things happened too, like I can't read the posts here (Luckily I didn't get rid of my old browser so I am using it now).  Other than that problem though, Google Chrome browser is better and faster than the old one I was using (Avant), but if it doesn't work well in DQS, I'll have t ...

Just Curious.. . . Since We Have Switched Over To The New Region .. . .
Feb 07, 2010

I have not been able to go back and pull reports from before the switchover?  Is there any way to access that, or do we have to call Support? ...

How Long Did It Take To Retrain Your Eye When You Switched To VR?
Jun 16, 2010

I started a VR job just over two weeks ago.  I actually really like it.  It's on the Dictaphone platform which is one of the better ones, the drafts for the most part are pretty good and I find the work interesting. My problem is switching my "eye" from typing and reading to editing.  Plus, my prior job, which is now a part time IC job wasn't as picky about the BOS.  This new one is all about the BOS.   The new job also wants all numbers written as n ...

Switched To New Med From Risperdal S/l Invasia
Aug 09, 2010

Child has been less aggressive, less impulsive, since switching to the *invasia* from Risperdal ...

Has Anyone Ever Requested To Be Switched To A Particular Hospital/CCM?-NM
Nov 30, 2011

I worked for over 10 years on the same hospitals and then last spring new hospitals were added to my work load.  These new hospitals were then moved to a new CCM.  Work was plentiful, at first straight typing.  All was good until it turned to ASR and now the work seems to have dried up (I think that Indian drought).  I'm tired of bouncing around and would like to be moved back to my old accounts and old CCM, no complaints with the new CCM, just want to work steady and I ...

Switched To New Computer And Normals Are Not There
Dec 05, 2011

Just switched to the new computer and all my saved reports and normals/templates are not there.  It keeps saying user profile failed to update.  Is that why and what can I do about getting all my saved normals back.  This is awful.  ...

Switched Over To Verizon Wireless.
Jul 12, 2012

I have had HughesNet satellite for the last 2 years.  This has been extremely slow and lots of down time with weather.  So I was told that Verizon would be much better.  Now that it is installed, I am disappointed to see how slow this is.  My download time is so bad, I doubt any company would hire me or maybe they would, but with all the waiting for downloading of files, I could never get a good line count.   Supposedly Verizon says they are putting up more po ...

Can Anyone Who Has Switched To E-BYTX Give
Feb 26, 2013

make the transition a little easier?  Is it important to be proficient in word or can you just know the basics?  I have been hearing that numbering is a real problem.  ...

OOW - Switched To Garden Sites
Feb 12, 2015

We ran out of TAT last week and I guess our supervisor missed out on some bonus because of it.  Tightening down on schedules/hours/procedures for not showing up for work or showing up late were reiterated to us. Guess some took it seriously cause now the work is slim. Had been getting stressed with having to flex or use up PTO, today I spent the last hour on gardening web sites and looking through seed catalogs.  Feel relaxed now and ready to prepare a little lunch and then check back ...

Been Switched To VR, Last 3 Years Making 20K Less A Year! Fed Up!
Jan 18, 2011

I need to vent about this and am wondering if I am the only one out there.  After my initial 2 years of in-house experience, I started working for a company and was there for over 7 years and made 33K a year.  The last 3-4 years since making the transition to VR, my pay has gone down to 13-14K a year.  That's a 20K loss per year!!!  I am not a happy camper.  I haven't been in this field for 13 years for my pay to go DOWN!  And what makes me the most angry ...

Switched To Word 2010 And Now I Need To Create Macro
Nov 30, 2011

I just switched to Word 2010 and now I need to create Macros.  I'm lost.  Is there anyone who can help?  So far all the instructions people have given are for Word 2007 and it's just gotten me more confused. ...

Client Just Switched To NextGen; Does This EHR Allow Remote Transcription?
May 27, 2014

I sure hope so. ...

Pt Relapsed And Was Switched To "pez Ol Pa Mib". (chemo)
Dec 15, 2010

? ...

Pt Switched From Estrogen Cream To "lipo Hydro Cream"
Jan 19, 2012

she was started on vaginal estrogen cream due to a diagnosis of vaginal eczema.  This was switched to "lipohydrocream" upon her diagnosis of breast cancer. ...

DQS Platform
Nov 02, 2010

Needing a general consensus on whether or not you like the DQS platform...what about it's ASR generated reports.  I personally like the platform and think the ASR reports aren't as bad as some platforms I have been on...I just hate the rate of ASR pay.  Though it is estimated the production increases with ASR, for most, that simply is not the case and, per a study I found online, quite the opposite.  Please see results from that independent study below.   En ...

MD-IT Platform
Oct 07, 2011

Does anyone have experience with the MD-IT platform? If so, is it easy to work with? Thanks for any info. ...

Which Is The Best Platform For EMR For IC/MTs?
Aug 29, 2012

In your experience, which platform would you recommend an IC/MT suggest a physician's office utilize? This would be probably for four docs per office or less and one to four MTs. I am hoping to "sell" some local private doctor offices with this form of EMR so it may save my current small job and also allow me to obtain more work. Also, I would appreciate any suggestions on how to "sell" this idea to them. Thank you for any help you may be able to share with me. ...

Best Platform For MT???
Aug 29, 2012

Small and independent and was wanting some opinions/information on the best platform to use. I am currently using one now but was curious about webchart, chartnet, and scribemanager. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!  ...

FFT Platform?
May 25, 2015

Sooo, anyone care to share which companies use the FFT (Fluency) platform other than the company formerly known as The Big Q? ...

Emdat Platform
Oct 12, 2009

Is this system difficult. Is it voice recognition? ...

SoftScript Platform?
Oct 15, 2009

Does anyone know what platform SoftScript uses?  TIA. ...

What Platform Does Chronicle Use?
Nov 03, 2009

Does anyone have info about them, good or bad? ...

Is MedQuist's Platform
Jan 04, 2010

compatible with Windows 7? ...

Webmedx Platform
Jan 06, 2010

Can anybody tell me what platform Webmedx uses? Thanks. ...

What Platform Does Zylomed Use? Does Anyone Know?
Jan 08, 2010

Does anyone know what platform they use?  Any other info, like pay scale?  Thanks. ...