A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Moderator - please make this a "sticky" post. - Using the Word Help Board Properly

Posted: May 31, 2012

When you ask for word help, you'll enhance your chances of receiving a prompt answer if you provide sufficient context for your query.  Sometimes, this means the complete sentence in which your problematic word or phrase appears, but often it means more than that.  It might mean that we need to know something about the patient's history and/or diagnoses.  We might need to know what relevant lab values have been dictated.  

There's nothing more frustrating than this back-and-forth business you see on the Word Help board that usually runs something like this:

OP:  He's prescribing s/l "Harrypotterzide"?

Answer:  "What's the sentence?"

OP:  "Harrypotterzide 10 mg t.i.d."

Answer:  "What's the patient got?  Diagnoses?"

OP:  "Asthma and some other stuff".

Answer:  "What other stuff?"

...I mean, folks, it's mind-numbing to try to help some of you.  And we do want to help, so why don't you help us?

(it'll never happen) - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Moderator, Where Did The Post Go Concerning The Job Ad For Pain Management MTs? (sm)
May 06, 2010

Just curious if you were able to confirm that it is a legitmate ad since the company's web site states different and the job ad remains on the board.  Thanks so much!!! ...

MODERATOR: How Do We Reply Directly Onder A Post?
May 16, 2010

A lot of times, I have replied under a post just to have it go to the 'bottom' of the posts. We used to be able to post directly under the OP and it woulod show up there. Lately, it goes under the totally last posting if there are other posters commenting to each other.  if i hit post reply under the OP, it still shows up as the last reply. It never used to be that way. I'm also getting a message that my email address is not in the proper format...yet it is. What's ...

Moderator, Can Post About Minimum Wage. It's True.
Nov 28, 2011

Then all who come here will know the truth about how we should be paid.  Thanks. ...

Please Be Careful When You Make A Post As The MTSOs Do Come On
Aug 06, 2013

I am posting here because although it is a "company" issue, it is also, I think a "general" issue.  I recently started working for a smaller MTSO.  When I sent in paperwork, there were problems on their end with apparently being able to open and print my scanned documents which were in a .jpg format.  This was the first time that I had ever run into a problem like that and had posted on the company board if anyone else had been having problems with this particular company receivi ...

Have Seen Ppl Post They Work 14 Hrs A Day To Make 8 Hrs Lines. How Do They Get Around Webclock?
Feb 13, 2014

nm ...

BEFORE YOU POST - Make Sure You Use The Correct Board - See List On Left. NM
Feb 23, 2011

. ...

Sticky Paper
Feb 08, 2010

We lost our paper supplier for full sticky sheets with the easy peel margin (Formtec brand).  Does anyone have a lead on a supplier?  We were getting it for about 38/box for 212 sheets.  I can find full sheets on the net, but nothing with that type of margin or price?  TIA.  T. ...

Sticky Notes To Remember Special Specifications??
May 20, 2013

The person who wrote the first essay must get to work on the same accounts. I used to make a sheet with the basic CPs and special instructions because the CPs are so poorly written, generally speaking, but every time I would get my sheets complete, the account would disappear. After 2 rounds of that, I quit making these summary sheets. I get so many different accounts now that I never get a chance to become familiar with the CP or dictator. So, I just take the time to take whatever mangled, p ...

Do Any Of You Use Sticky Paper To Print Chart Notes?
Jul 23, 2013

I am beginning to transcribe for a new local physician.  I've been an MT for 20 years, have had my own clients & have worked for the nationals - but I've never printed onto sticky paper.  The office manager gave me a whole pack of it.  It has 11 perforated sections from top to bottom, with about a 1-inch margin on right and left. Is there some sort of a template for Microsoft word that will print correctly onto each section? I don't see a name brand on the pac ...

How To Help A Sticky Keyboard? Keys Seem To Be A Hard Touch But
Jun 22, 2014

Seems like for a while now the keys take a harder touch, sometimes they don't connect and I have to hit a key twice. it's a microsoft wireless comfort keyboard, model 1027.  I have taken canned air and blown dust and cat hair out of it,  wondering if using alcohol swabs gently in each key mechanism might help?  Space bar works well, seems to be only specific keys that stick or don't connect well. Backspace is one of the sticky ones.   Any suggestions apprec ...

Anyone Receive A Reply From The Transcription Doctors Job Post On Their Post For Editscript MTs?
Mar 24, 2010

nm ...

Orthopedic Surgery, Is It Perineal Post Or Peroneal Post? NM
Feb 10, 2012

xx ...

RE: New Post Replies, Do They All Go To The Bottom Of The Original Post?
Jan 23, 2010

I don't remember that yet when I post lately it goes all the way to the bottom rather than immediately after the original post.  Perhaps I just never noticed it before.  Oh well... ...

MODERATOR --
Oct 13, 2009

I am not sure if you are aware, but when i replied by e/m to a msg, the advertizing was in the way to where i could only see the right half of the text box in which I was writing.  Hope that can be fixed.  Thanks. ...

Moderator, Is There Any Way....
Oct 13, 2009

When posting a response to the OP, it could come directly under their post and not go to the bottom of the postings in that particular list? When a new post comes in, could it be highlighted at the top of the page like it was before? I think people actually like seeing those there so if of interest they can respond then. I know I did. I guess this is here to stay but gosh, with my old eyes I am having trouble seeing the cryptic letters to put in when I post something which means I sometimes ha ...

Moderator:
Oct 20, 2009

Can you tell me what happened to my post from yesterday, 10/19?  It was there in the afternoon and now gone this morning, the day after.  Thanks!  ...

To Moderator Re:
Jul 10, 2010

The Edit/Delete option only allows one to Edit a post.  The option to Delete one's own post is not available. Is this a permanent thing?  Or mabye part of the backup/lost post issue?  Will the Delete option be restored? Thank you. ...

MODERATOR - YOU NEED TO GET RID OF AD.......
Aug 22, 2012

Three times today an ad for FilipinoCupid.com for singles has popped up.  I really do not want to look at this. ...

FOR MODERATOR
Jan 30, 2014

The amount of ads on these boards is getting ridiculous.  Today there are ads for sex chat girls.  Highly offensive.  ...

VR Board- Moderator
Oct 19, 2009

I was able to get to the VR board only once and cannot get back. When I go that particular board nothing comes up now whereas it did at first. ...

Moderator..question Please
Oct 21, 2009

Why do I not see a link that I've added to a post? Am I just missing it? TIA ...

To Moderator: I'm The One Who Posted The
Dec 12, 2009

question below about how to remove a word from spell check.  Just wondering why it was moved to the technical board....I need to know specifically how to do this in Docuscribe, which is a MQ program.  I guess I should have been more specific.  :) ...

Moderator Question
Jan 18, 2010

Hi Moderator,   I posted an answer to someone on the Newbie Board on 01/17/2010, basically just congratulating the person who just finished school.   I received an email because of my above posting from Tonya (mitchemconsulting@msn.com) saying she MAY be hiring in the future and pay is low but to send my resume.   I wasn't looking for a job, just congratulating the poster.    Do you know how this Tonya person got my email?   Just curious.   Tha ...

To Moderator - Can We Have An IC Board?
May 21, 2010

It would be interesting and informative to have a board for ICs for questions, answers, etc.  JMO - I would like to see this. ...

Moderator - Isn't It Time Sm
Mar 07, 2012

for a Nuance Board? ...

Request To The Moderator
Jun 29, 2012

Moderator, I am fortunate enough to be a thriving MT and I would like to be able to hold conversations with my colleagues.  We don't have coworkers so this board is the closest thing to it and I would like to be able to discuss our advantages, disadvantages, compensation, etc., with the closest I'll come to a coworker without being abused.  I don't want to be called insensitive, a liar, a suit, etc., just because I am still a successful MT and would like to share it.&nbs ...

RE: REQUEST TO MODERATOR
Jul 03, 2012

We will not be creating a new board for "positive posts only."  You have the choice as to what posts you want to read.  If a post is too negative for you, simply do not read it.  Everyone has a right to their opinion.  I will continue to monitor for foul language, name calling, etc., but will not be trying to decipher what is too positive or too negative for your liking.  ...

Attention Moderator?
Apr 21, 2014

Please note the posts in re:  KEYS THAT PLEASE. This company *may* be legitimate but they are requesting as part of a test process files up to 32 minutes long, that I believe are *also* current files. A lot of newer MTs (and even not so new) may not realize this can be a red flag for scammers - people looking to get a backlog cleared up for 'free' under the guise of hiring for a true position. Could you consider posting a warning to all posters to be careful about t ...

Question For The Moderator
Jun 09, 2014

How did my employer know I posted on this board?  I was sent an email through the company's email system responding to a question I posed here.  How did they know my name?  Are our email addresses being given out?  I did not respond by email or in any way indicate my identity.  Is this not an anonymous board?  What's going on?  If I'm no longer anonymous, how can I feel safe posting here? ...

Thank You, Moderator, For Wishing Us All
Dec 28, 2014

I just realized that you might not have received a thank-you for the pretty graphic with "Merry Christmas" on it.  I appreciate you for all you do to keep these boards up and running.  It's a thankless job, I'm sure.  ...