A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Screwed again. More lies. Transcend PTO rate for end of year - was not honored. Shame on you Nuance.

Posted: Jan 12, 2013

Why even bother assuring us we would receive our Transcend PTO rate for that last period and then not honor it.   I still hear those words "this is an exciting time for Transcend."  Exciting?  This has turned into a nightmare.

Have you checked to be sure there was not a clerical error? - no message

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Keep hassling them - YD

[ In Reply To ..]
I have e-mails in to HR and Payroll. HR simply put the ball in Payroll's court, which of course only pays what HR tells them. Am waiting to hear from Payroll. We have to just keep e-mailing up the line if Payroll doesn't credit us with the difference on our next paychecks. They've stolen pay from us, pure and simple. Our pushing may or may not change their position, but rolling over at the first "no" sure won't do it.

Me too but.... - I feel your pain

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm still working my way up the ladder there with my complaint. Transcend payroll told us one thing and Nuance is saying another. I would like to think the department of labor would force them to pay us since we weren't notified of any decreased dollars before we all took end of the year time off. Hopefully someone will dummy up in the office and fix it - and send us the money. Treat us fairly and not penalize us for a quarter because they don't want to deal with it.

Similar Messages:

How Many Of You Have Quit Transcend In Say The Past 6 Mos To A Year?
Feb 24, 2011

Just curious, because I heard a lot of their long-time MTs have called it quits, as have I.  If you have resigned, how many years were you with the company? ...

Current 9 Year Transcend MLS. I Notice Nuance Hiring Ads
Sep 24, 2012

Is this common (the 1 yr exp only requirement).  Transcend has always required at least 3 years.  One has to wonder if the 1 year exp is an easy ploy to offer lower pay.  I worry about this since from what we can summize we will be moved to be in line with Nuance payscale at some point shortly.  Is anyone else make this 1 yr experience connection?  ...

DTS / Transcend - New Line Rate?
Jul 20, 2011

Has anyone been requested to call to find out your 'new' line rate.  ...

After Reading About Cuts In Line Rate At Transcend And Now Mandatory
Apr 12, 2010

I'm waiting for the shoe to drop. ...

LIES?
May 29, 2014

What happened to this thing was smart and would adapt? I thought they said it was crucial that we fix the errors so they would become permanent? I have had this one dictator for months when she says "see nurse's discharge instructions sheet" for medications, it comes up with some like, one pill b.i.d. FOR MONTHS! How long does it take? Also, does anyone else have headings popping up wherever they feel like when they are not even being said? One other thing, so, when a doctor takes fo ...

Accentus Lies
Oct 15, 2012

They advertise that there is NO VR work, it's all straight typing.  LMAO! "All work is straight typing, no VR.  VR is all they have except for a few reports every now and then who have not figured out how to upload VR.   ...

Misinformation, Rumors And Lies
May 10, 2010

I am a current TTS employee and I started out there as an IC MT.  I am continually amazed at the malicious gossip that is spread on this board about TTS.  Editors and QA personnel do not take work from the MTs, we're asked to step on to help out if there is a high backlog.  If we want to work after our hourly-rate-of-pay shift is over, we have to ask permission from the shift leads, just like anyone else.  There's no "double dip" going on, we work an hourl ...

Tall Tales And Lies...SM
Mar 05, 2012

Today I had a QA person tell me that HIPAA requires that all transcribed documents need to have a score of 98% or better.  She says "it's the law".  I can see a MTSO requiring 98%, but seriously doubt this is a HIPAA violation, more likely a Joint Commission requirement when they audit the hospital.  If this was the case, why even do an audit of 3-5 transcribed documents and do an average score.  They could just keep track of every time you went below 98% and count em up ...

From Recent Post: Medical Industry Lies About Medications And Treatments.
Nov 14, 2009

nm ...

I Am Screwed With 6.1
Sep 03, 2010

When I am in an ASR report, I have been highlighting and then hit delete and put in the correct words/phrase and have been doing this for 2 years.  IT IS WRONG AND BEING TOLD NUMEROUS TIMES BY THE INSTRUCTOR IN THIS LEARNING OF THE 6.1 TO NOT DO IT!  So, I have to highlight and then type over correct word/phrase because if I hit delete key, backspace, etc., it will put in a skip marker which of course is WRONG! Probably get reprimanded by QA and hurt  QA production checks.  ...

I'm So Screwed
Aug 14, 2012

I've been an MT for 30 years.  I'm a good MT.  90% of my time, I've worked as an IC.  In the last few months, however, the companies I contracted with have had such an unpredictable ebb and flow of work that I decided maybe I should go with a company as an employee.  I was hired by Mmodal.  They were great.  CCM awesome.  Accounts great.  So what is the problem you wonder?  I can't work on a strict schedule.  I was supposed to ...

Just Screwed Up A Report
Jun 10, 2013

It's gonna be a major or critical error for sure, so I am probably on my way out. It is an account that is 100% audited. In a way, it will be a relief if it happens. It will force me to look for something else.  Just makes me kinda sick to my stomach thinking about it, though. ...

North Region Screwed Up
Jan 19, 2010

Ever since this merge, my primary has been out of work, hardly ever happened before.  Mine is out of work because they're getting mine because their's is out of work and viice versa.  Everything was fine before this merge, but you know if something is working at MQ, they'll screw it up.  It's pretty much like the old cesspool again.  I have many words I would like to use right now, but I'll get in trouble on here.  So I'll just leave it ...

Anyone Else Being Screwed Over By Serviss Transcription LLC?
May 10, 2010

You can read more info on what my experience was with this company as an IC by scrolling down to how MTs are supposed to protect themselves against fraudulent companies.... ...

Anybody With The Incentive This Weekend Get Screwed Over?
Oct 07, 2013

Our region had an incentive where if you worked a minimum of 3 hours overtime you would get an extra $10 an hour on top of OT pay.  Well, I put in an extra 3 hours  Friday morning.  Predictably there was NJA on Saturday during my shift, only for about an hour or so and since it was Saturday and my shift ends at midnight, I had to take PTO.  Per my manager, that PTO canceled out an hour of my 3 hours of OT, meaning I didn't get the inventive.  What a scam.  Let& ...

So Being Screwed By Landmark Payroll
Nov 26, 2014

With next to no warning they change payroll. First pay in December is tgiving week pay. iOS three days of pay.  Wonder if my bank will take that for my mortgage and good luck getting the kids Xmas gifts ...

Check Your Pay, Payroll Screwed Up On Mine
Mar 08, 2013

Was wondering why my check so little, even though I did have 8 hours of work availability.  Apparently they only paid me for two 15 minute shifts instead of my benefit rate times four hours each shift. If you are in a state that pays you for half of your shift for work availability,make sure to carefully check your pay for this pay period.  ...

How Would You Type: For The Past Year-year And A Half?
Sep 09, 2011

.. ...

BEWARE! LINE COUNT COMPLETELY SCREWED UP!
May 24, 2010

Read post below.   My whole week is off.  If you look at line count for each day, it shows it correctly.  If you go from the 16th to today, COMPLETELY SCREWED UP!!! ...

Royally Screwed Up And Misinterpreted Tsm Instructions On A Stat
Jun 23, 2013

And totally not typing a 28 min report.  She said one thing, I did that but thought that was all I had to do.  Boy do I feel stupid.  This jobs pay may suck, but I still need it to pay bills etc.  Hope there isn't too much bad fall-out. ...

Pt Has A "several Year" History Of A Slowly-growing Mass. Hyphen Several Year?
Jan 25, 2011

? ...

What Is The Average Benefit Rate/PTO Rate? Friends I Talk To
Dec 05, 2012

Their way of figuring it is so convoluted.  I wonder if they keep us all low like that.  ...

Line Rate Pay Versus Audio Minute Rate Pay
Mar 18, 2013

Can anyone tell me if line rate pay is comparable to getting paid by the audio minute? Is 0.50 or 1.00 normal? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks! ...

Year Old Versus Year-old
Aug 28, 2014

If no noun following such as female or male should this be hyphenated, i.e. if stated "A 10 year old has stomachache".... should it be "A 10-year-old has stomachache" ..... ...

MQ Pays 1 Rate For 100% QA, A Lower Rate For Non 100%. How Do You
Oct 29, 2011

ty ...

Piece Rate/line Rate
Apr 19, 2012

Would someone please tell me what the "piece rate" is on the check stub - and where does it show line rate?  Thank you. ...

New Year, New Me!
Jan 19, 2011

I am checking out my community college catalogue and getting excited at so many interesting courses.  I'm not looking for a long, drawn out process or degree, just some subjects that will be fun, creative and could also translate into making me more marketable.   As an MT, I lean more toward writing, computer, and maybe even something medical, as opposed to something like car mechanics or accounting.  Any ideas?     ...

40-ish Year Old - Sm
Feb 01, 2011

Doctor says: "He is a 40 ish year old white male in no acute distress." What is the right way to transcribe the 40 ish part?  I've seen a lot of different ways.  I was thinking "40-ish-year-old" but not completely sure.  TIA for any help! ...

New Year's Day
Jan 02, 2012

Hello fellow MQ MT's, Does anyone know if we get paid time and a half for New Year's Day?  I've looked up and down on MQ Central but can't find holiday pay listed anywhere.  Thanks!  ...

So Now A Year Or More Later With V/R..
Oct 03, 2012

DOES anyone actually double their lines ?      if not, shouldnt our pay go back up since their justification for halving our pay did not pan out?   Ha!   ...