A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

How many of you have quit Transcend in say the past 6 mos to a year? - Very Recent ex-transcender

Posted: Feb 24, 2011

Just curious, because I heard a lot of their long-time MTs have called it quits, as have I.  If you have resigned, how many years were you with the company?

I DID! - m

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked there from June until October of last year.

I am still there and will probably stay. My only complaints with - not me

[ In Reply To ..]
them are the complete lack of help or information from Human Resources (just try asking a question and expect any help!), the issues with the platform although I like to edit, the cherrypicking by team leads, and the petty QA crap. If they would clear that up, they would have a great company.

I quit - dmz

[ In Reply To ..]
...when MDI merged with them - I lasted from Feb to May - they will never have a great company because they want bargain basement prices for experience. They lost a lot of good MDIers by slashing their salaries. Glad I left when I did, and it seems that they have an extremely high turnover based on all the ads they keep posting.

Mention of QA made me laugh. Still. Always. Problem - is top management, thus will not change. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

still there too but - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I am feeling quite unappreciated here lately. I may just quit doing the backflips for the company, hopping around everywhere needed, whenever needed etc. Personally I think some of the big cheeses need replaced. They ought to be savvy enough to know that a little kindness and consideration will reap many rewards. I have a lot invested in this company, but should the right opportunity present itself, well, shame on them.

When they did mergers, they kept the worst people in management, - agree

[ In Reply To ..]
and those are the ones who seem to be creating the problems and complaints. They need to look a little harder at who holds the reins and start over in a few of these positions.

OTOH, they also kept some GOOD management people - when TRS was bought out

[ In Reply To ..]
My ROM, for instance, was also my supervisor at TRS. Only in the last few months did she decide to hang up her ROM hat and go back to production, but that was her own decision, not Transcend's.
Good management - TAA
[ In Reply To ..]
She was my manager too..we were FAMILY when we were TRS. I left Transcend in July.
Oxymoron. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Transcend - suggestion to read the litigation
[ In Reply To ..]
as far as ROM must be mullinax...

Agree - Just me

[ In Reply To ..]
with you that when they merged they kept some of the worst people in management. Management by intimidation never works. They need to stop using people and start respecting the MTs who made them what they are. What a pathetic way to treat your workers.

I quit - Moved on

[ In Reply To ..]
I was there for about 3 years.

oops, meant to say (sm) - Moved on

[ In Reply To ..]
I came in like DMZ with the MDI-MD merger. I stayed a month longer than she did. I was with MDI maybe 3 years. Loved it there. Didn't work for me at all with my particular team lead or whatever they were called at Transcend. That's a good thing, a fading memory...

I did - 4-year employee, high producer. Recent QA scam almost cost me my home. - Too Bad MDI

[ In Reply To ..]
I was one of apparently numerous victims of their recent QA shenanigans: "You have recently fallen far below our 98% QA standard. You are limited to 3 reports per day over the next 3 days. Get it together in 30 days of monitored QA or you're terminated." (Not verbatim but this is the spirit of the e-mail and essentially how it read). Though I am a high producer, never before in my 4 years as an MDI-turned-Transcender had my quality come into question. There was a thread posted about this sham recently and several MTs discovered they were not alone in being told all of sudden they are subpar MTs (oh, excuse me - MLSs - that makes me feel sooo much more important). I submitted my resignation after immediately finding a new position and was not even permitted to serve out 2 weeks. "I'll just take your resignation effective immediately," was how the phone call from CB went. Oh, but she offered me a chance to come back should the new position not work out.

I would rather eat fried toenails than work for Transcend ever again.

This happened just before New Years and I had gotten a bit behind in my bills and more so after Christmas. The lapse between my resignation and starting my new position caused me to fall further behind, and I got a letter of intent to foreclose on my home from my lender. Mercifully, I have been able to catch up. Thanks for a wonderful holiday season, Transcend.

Anyone considering working for Transcend should really do their research on here and consider their future very carefully. The trend there is that the 9 cpl straight typing account today will be the 4 cpl VR editing account tomorrow. We are people with families and bills who deserve to make a decent living for our knowledge and skills - working at home or not - whether these Transcend suits allow themselves to believe it or not.

Same thing happened to me - Ex-Transcend MT

[ In Reply To ..]
The exact same thing happened to me too. I had wonderful reviews and then all of a sudden they did the same thing; you are limited to 3 reports a day et cetera. I could not make a living and then CB told me that I did not make my line count and I had 30 days to do that (after only 3 reports a day). It just got worse after that and after asking for a chance to bring this up they just flat out said NO and I would not be rehirable ever again by Transcend. All of this hit me with full force. CB is the cause of many problems with the company and if you cross her you can kiss your job goodbye; that together with the MT liaison who supposedly is working for the MT, when the only thing she does is spy for management. I made the mistake of taking her into my confidence and it cost me my job.

I am so sorry you had this happen to you, and to all the MTs out there who worked for Transcend. My leaving happened just before Christmas too.

Too bad MDI - Another MDI/Transcend refugee

[ In Reply To ..]
I was nearly driven into bankruptcy when MDI kept telling us (pre-merger) that the work would pick up, the work would pick up, yada, yada, whoopie. Well, it didn't and it nearly ruined me financially. You can just be sure that they have read the MQ playbook and utilized it in their merger with Transcend. The transformation of MDI (as we formerly knew it) into what it became is stunning. My daddy was right--everyone has their price. As to the rather eating fried toenails--I'm with you--never again would I work for those folks, not for a dollar a line!

That was the other time I fell behind financially-when MDI work vanished. Shoulda learned then nm - Too Bad MDI

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I did because of the delusional TL and ROM. Shocking - what they tried to pull off with us. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Stayed until almost 100% editing at 4 cpl... - 4vrtpng

[ In Reply To ..]
dropped my pay by 60% (9 cpl to 4 cpl).

Could not get my editing speed up to their high standards. Editing tended to put me to sleep and was ruining my keyboard even faster, since I was using the same set of keys over and over again. I found my hands hurt worse after an 8 hour day of editing than they did after an 8 hour day of straight typing. The motions for editing were more consistently repetitive.

Was part of the MDI merger and was optimistic in February when it was official, but had one of the very first accounts to go to BeyondTxt in April and then editing started 5 weeks later. Paychecks went from over 900 in February to less than 450 per payperiod by the end of June. Found another job in July and started working 16 hours a day. Couldn't do it and decided to quit Transcend. They offered 5 cpl to stay, but just couldn't do it. Took a paycut with the new job, as it is, to 7 cpl for straight typing. But, only one doctor to type, they leave me alone to do the work and everyone is happy. Had to find some parttime work on the side, but am making up for what I lost with all straight typing all the time.

The only good thing was that I almost always had work, just not enough hours in the day to make it work.

I quit too. Worked for them twice. - Will NEVER do it again.

[ In Reply To ..]
I was a direct hire with Transcend about 8 years ago, and worked for them for 4 years. It was really good for about the first year, but then slowly started deteriorating until the point of unbearable. Then I quit.

Then I ended up with them again in the MDI/MD merge. I said I would give them the benefit of the doubt and try my hardest, figuring a lot of management was gone after all these years. I was right. All the management I knew was gone, but the MDI management absorbed the Transcend mentality, and again, after about a year it was unbearable again.

Very Recent Ex-Transcender - Ex-Transcender Too!

[ In Reply To ..]
I left Transcend at the end of September of 2010, just a very few days short of 7 years.

They just aren't the company they used to be in my opinion.

I did! - tiredMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I was there 3 years and leaving was the best thing I could have done for myself!

Similar Messages:

How Would You Type: For The Past Year-year And A Half?
Sep 09, 2011

.. ...

How Many Nuance Employees Have Quit In The Past 30 Days?
Aug 04, 2013

I'm just curious because I'm actively looking for anything other than this MT crap. On my main account, most of this a.m. no work. Now all of a sudden there's work plus they want me to move to another count to help out. Why didn't you need my help this morning? Sorry, but my shift ends now and I'm outta here. It seems every day there are people quitting - I can't wait to jump on that band wagon. :) ...

To Transcend TLs, Past Or Present
Apr 12, 2011

What are the biggest challenges with your position?  Do you end up putting in more hours than you feel well compensated for?  Does it wear you out trying to keep up with your production as well as do your TL duties?  Is it more difficult to get vacation time scheduled as a TL?  TY! ...

Screwed Again. More Lies. Transcend PTO Rate For End Of Year
Jan 12, 2013

Why even bother assuring us we would receive our Transcend PTO rate for that last period and then not honor it.   I still hear those words "this is an exciting time for Transcend."  Exciting?  This has turned into a nightmare. ...

Current 9 Year Transcend MLS. I Notice Nuance Hiring Ads
Sep 24, 2012

Is this common (the 1 yr exp only requirement).  Transcend has always required at least 3 years.  One has to wonder if the 1 year exp is an easy ploy to offer lower pay.  I worry about this since from what we can summize we will be moved to be in line with Nuance payscale at some point shortly.  Is anyone else make this 1 yr experience connection?  ...

Pt Has A "several Year" History Of A Slowly-growing Mass. Hyphen Several Year?
Jan 25, 2011

? ...

Year Old Versus Year-old
Aug 28, 2014

If no noun following such as female or male should this be hyphenated, i.e. if stated "A 10 year old has stomachache".... should it be "A 10-year-old has stomachache" ..... ...

She Has Had **MRI's** In The Past
Feb 02, 2010

x   ...

PAST
Mar 30, 2012

The patient underwent a "PAST".  It's an OB/GYN procedure.   TIA  :) ...

Bye-bye Past --- OMG Seriously?
Apr 12, 2012

Just when I think I can't possibly be more amazed by the ineptitude of this ASR program. ...

How Do I Look Up Past Reports?
Mar 03, 2010

They said we would be able to look up past reports on specific patients and by specific docs, but I don't know how.  Anyone? ...

Does Anyone Use EMDAT Or Have In The Past?
Mar 17, 2010

Does anyone use EMDAT or have in the past?  What do you think about it?  Thanks for any information. ...

Atrocities Past
Mar 23, 2010

I just remembered the Impact Room.  I wonder how many trial-and-error programs we've been through over the past couple years.  They must have a whole team of people who sit around all day and come up with one scheme after another, all of which are eventually scrapped.    ...

Past/Passed
May 21, 2010

Rigor mortis had passed/past in all extremities. ...

Past/passed Help Please
Jul 19, 2010

used a 5-French Glide catheter and thru this passed a Spartacore wire into the popliteal artery past the stenosis.....Is this correct or am I losing my mind with these passed/past??? ...

Has Anyone In Recent Past Been In A
Aug 22, 2010

It is about group being out of work.  Just curious. ...

Past Pointing
Dec 31, 2010

For those of you who have been wondering about "past pointing", it really is that.  The doctor actually spelled it out!  ...

What Is The Past Tense Of I&D
May 03, 2011

I was going to go with I&Dd, but that doesn't look right.  Or spelled out would be "The patient had an abscess that was incision and drained"?  That doesn't look right either, but just unsure. ...

From What I Seen When Looking Up Past Docs In DQM
May 14, 2011

People are not doing a full listen/correction. There are some pretty blatant errors, and these errors are being repeated by subsequently dictating physicians who are obviously using other documents for information (as it should be). Blatant errors such as allergy to medications that don't even exit, blatant lab errors that are counter to some of the diagnoses. I shamefully admit to not doing a full listen when I first started voice recognition was back in the beginning, but quickly noted ...

Blast From The Past. Sm
Jan 08, 2015

I was purging papers and came across an earnings statement from TL in 2001 (yeah, I know, way overdue on cleaning out files). Back then, my base pay was 0.0925 and the 2-week pay after taxes, insurance, 401K was $1100. In comparison, today my base pay pretty much is 0.035 for VR and 0.07 for straight. It is possible to make a higher rate at Nuance, but it is not easy, so I do not expect it. My last take-home pay prior to the holidays was less than $600. Also, my TL line count was 3000 higher for ...

Past History: Medications:
Dec 08, 2009

Seizure "s/l seizure in section" X 1. ...

Past Medical History
Jun 26, 2010

Past medical history is given as below.  Not sure if the s/l goes where I put it or not since I don't know what he is talking about. Paraplegia secondary to spinal cord ischemia. status post stenting aortic aneurysm.  Iliac artery aneurysms bilaterally. Esophagitis. Umbilical hernia repair. transurethral resection of the prostate. Thoracic aortic stent s/l 6 of 18. Excisional debridement of sacral ulcer right hip ulceration. ...

Past Psychiatric History
Aug 11, 2010

ED is dictated several times a few of the instances are: Hospitalizations: 1. ED age 13 St. Clair Hospital Monroe 2. 15 years old ED November of that year. 4. 1996 3-week hospitalization in Racine was transferred to Mendota Mental Health Institute on an ED where she remained between May and September of 1996.   What does ED stand for? ...

MTs And Unions, And Past Mistakes:
Nov 23, 2010

Regarding all the talk about unions below:        I once had a very good job, and was a very "Happy MT".  I worked inhouse.  I made great money.  I got vacations, 401K, paid sick days, good healthcare, etc.       So one day, while I was happily typing away on my Correcting Selectric, at my great little desk, at my great little job, a union organizer came to visit the department.  The hospital was actually considering ha ...

Past/passed Sludge
Jan 23, 2011

Acute pancreatitis - rule out past/passed sludge.  ??   Is it past or passed?  Thanks ...

Newbie This Past November
Apr 15, 2011

I've been a newbie since November and hunting for a part time job.  I have tried all of the tricks mentioned and still nothing. ...

Same Situation, Past Coder
Aug 28, 2011

Hi, I am in the same situation for being a past coder.  I coded for about 10 years and then did transcription to raise my family.  Now I would very much like to pursue the coding field and get certified.  My schedule limits me from taking outside classes as I am working all different hours part time.  Is there anything decent that would help me refresh my skills and update them on line in order to pass the certification exam down the road or is that totally out of the questi ...

Anybody Seen A Raise In Pay Over The Past 3 Years?
Jan 03, 2012

Has anyone gotten any raises in pay over the past 3 years?  I know in these mean, tough times gratitude for having a job is important, but my thankfulness doesn't stop me from knowing that I have not had any increase in my pay since I started more than 2 years ago with the company I work for.  I am curious if any transcriptionist who has been steadily working for the same place for the past 2-3-4 years has seen a pay raise.  I am  frustrated with rising prices ...

Looking Up Past Records In Editscript
Sep 19, 2012

I have been away from editscript for a while and have an opportunity to get back on this platform for a new account.  Problem is I have forgotten some of the commands.  Can someone please tell me how to look up past patient records so I can use that to verify information, etc.  Thank you so much in advance for your help. ...

QA Running 97.17% For Past 6 To 8 Weeks. S/m
Dec 02, 2012

Seems funny to me it is exactly the same score each time. So now what? Are they going to fire me? ...