A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

LIES? - 7th child

Posted: May 29, 2014

What happened to this thing was smart and would adapt? I thought they said it was crucial that we fix the errors so they would become permanent? I have had this one dictator for months when she says "see nurse's discharge instructions sheet" for medications, it comes up with some like, one pill b.i.d. FOR MONTHS! How long does it take? Also, does anyone else have headings popping up wherever they feel like when they are not even being said? One other thing, so, when a doctor takes four sentences to say something and we have to wipe out three of them, aren't we just going from a lousy 16 cents to 4 cents for nothing? Why is this fair again? I'm not getting it.

oh 7th, everything that has happened to most MTs - is not fair

[ In Reply To ..]
We all did the right thing - got in the "medical field" so we'd always have a GOOD job - right? Then this EXCITING new technology came along to make us more productive - right? Then the greedy MTSOs saw the perfect way to make millions by trapping us and stealing our wages - and the raping goes on and on, apparently never ends. Pure greed.

I stopped "wiping them out." - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I got so sick and tired of them changing their mind, I finally decided to "transcribe as dictated" and noted same wherever I could. I never heard a word from any of the QC/QA Nazis. For the mere pennies I was making and the frustration it caused me, I DID NOT CARE any more. My new motto became you said it, you get it.

Sorry if this offends anyone and the "patient care thing" and if I get dislikes, oh well. I'm sure these hospitals have people to fix these idiotic dictations and they probably get paid even less than MTs, if that's even possible.

Like I said, I was just so fed up. If I had to be tortured through 30 minutes of nonsense and oh "dictationist," please go back to "blah, blah, blah" and change it to "blah, blah, blah" one more time, I think I would have lost my mind. All of a sudden, I felt sane again! :)

wiping them out - I agree

[ In Reply To ..]
I feel the same way. I don't care anymore. I would love to just send the VR the way they come to me, maybe then I could get 500-600 lph and make a point that this sucks and is nothing but a big fat lie by everyone involved and we have to suffer the consequences of it. If it corrected itself, which is a joke, by now it would be perfect, which is what is expected from us.

Similar Messages:

Accentus Lies
Oct 15, 2012

They advertise that there is NO VR work, it's all straight typing.  LMAO! "All work is straight typing, no VR.  VR is all they have except for a few reports every now and then who have not figured out how to upload VR.   ...

Misinformation, Rumors And Lies
May 10, 2010

I am a current TTS employee and I started out there as an IC MT.  I am continually amazed at the malicious gossip that is spread on this board about TTS.  Editors and QA personnel do not take work from the MTs, we're asked to step on to help out if there is a high backlog.  If we want to work after our hourly-rate-of-pay shift is over, we have to ask permission from the shift leads, just like anyone else.  There's no "double dip" going on, we work an hourl ...

Tall Tales And Lies...SM
Mar 05, 2012

Today I had a QA person tell me that HIPAA requires that all transcribed documents need to have a score of 98% or better.  She says "it's the law".  I can see a MTSO requiring 98%, but seriously doubt this is a HIPAA violation, more likely a Joint Commission requirement when they audit the hospital.  If this was the case, why even do an audit of 3-5 transcribed documents and do an average score.  They could just keep track of every time you went below 98% and count em up ...

Screwed Again. More Lies. Transcend PTO Rate For End Of Year
Jan 12, 2013

Why even bother assuring us we would receive our Transcend PTO rate for that last period and then not honor it.   I still hear those words "this is an exciting time for Transcend."  Exciting?  This has turned into a nightmare. ...

From Recent Post: Medical Industry Lies About Medications And Treatments.
Nov 14, 2009

nm ...