A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I am screwed with 6.1 - My fault.

Posted: Sep 03, 2010

When I am in an ASR report, I have been highlighting and then hit delete and put in the correct words/phrase and have been doing this for 2 years.  IT IS WRONG AND BEING TOLD NUMEROUS TIMES BY THE INSTRUCTOR IN THIS LEARNING OF THE 6.1 TO NOT DO IT! 

So, I have to highlight and then type over correct word/phrase because if I hit delete key, backspace, etc., it will put in a skip marker which of course is WRONG! Probably get reprimanded by QA and hurt  QA production checks. 

Basically, we are having to fix the work correctly in ASR so it will make the computer smarter to take away our jobs even more quickly than ever. 

During the very last part of the series, I was getting confused by watching instructor fly by all her corrections in ASR.  I have taken ASR training 4 times and still confused and I blame that on the instructors because each one seems to teach differently. 

I do like the Control Shift L key for listing.  That will help, but the ASR thing is another story.

Also, do not know what to think about the grammar part of it all and how to change headings, and that column on the left about all the headings and how to put one in correctly, etc.  Seems like more work AND to point the finger and blame MT's more so than ever than the client or dictator who dictated report.  And, HATE TO SAY IT, another reduce in ASR pay.     

Oh well, I just cannot wait to leave this profession within a year.  Talk about a lot of changes in just 3 years.  Been doing this for 25 years, but all these changes in such a short amount of time and low pay is just enough to do me in.  

I guess I am too - NJA Queen

[ In Reply To ..]
I only did the first couple lessons, haven't made it to the skip marker part, but after reading your post I never put in skip markers and I always highlight and delete so I guess I am in for it now too. This really truly wants to make me drag my heels and not download this version at all. Especially when I realized how sneaky MQ is.

They may say they are not cutting our pay, but they won't be paying for numbering and any reports with multi-heading standards that were typing will all be ASR because they can format the order of headings on the back end. I am sure this version will somehow figure out how to shave line counts even more and not count characters. So it may not technically be a pay cut, but it will sure feel like one.

So you deleted text and did not put in - skip markers?

[ In Reply To ..]
and now it won't let you do that anymore??

No, what it sounds like.... - Old part-timer

[ In Reply To ..]
It sounds like they're saying you can't delete incorrect text and then retype it, you have to highlight and type over it, which I never do either, so count me among the screwed.

I'll be dragging my feet on the 6.1, that's for sure!

Gotcha. - Misunderstood

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

So now if I don't get paid for the headings - and numbered lines

[ In Reply To ..]
I probably won't make my minimum lines per hour? Great. Happy holiday. Apparently I GET a 3-day weekend. Since I type for clinics and they will be closed on Monday, I was "requested" to take PTO time for Monday. Can't get off when I want, but take off when they need.

I was "requested" to take the training on Monday - NJA Queen

[ In Reply To ..]
Since I was planning to make holiday pay on Monday there is no way I am giving that up to take training.

SAME HERE! - WHATS THE POINT OF PTO?

[ In Reply To ..]
I work at a hospital and it is the same for us regarding the PTO. I have to work and work to earn the PTO but then any day the department might be "closed" we have to use our PTO to cover our time off for that day. It's ridiculous. Then i never have the PTO when I acutually would like to take a break from a scheduled work day. I recently just had a week vacation and was short 4 hours of PTO so i had to come in on Wednesday..in the middle of my vacation to cover that time.

Okay, got that off my chest.
Enjoy your 3 day weekend!

Boy do I emphasize with you, I have given 44 yrs ....sm - Fossil

[ In Reply To ..]
of my life to this profession, (12 at the Q)starting back in the 60s. I thought I had seen it all, but this company never ceases to surprise and amaze me in its underhandedness.

If I was young and could start all over, I would leave this profession in a hearbeat. Unfortunately, I need the pittance they pay me because I can't do without the insurance. I know a lot of you out there are in the same boat and understand.

Vent over...

oops, meant "empathize", my bad. nm - Fossil

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Similar Messages:

I'm So Screwed
Aug 14, 2012

I've been an MT for 30 years.  I'm a good MT.  90% of my time, I've worked as an IC.  In the last few months, however, the companies I contracted with have had such an unpredictable ebb and flow of work that I decided maybe I should go with a company as an employee.  I was hired by Mmodal.  They were great.  CCM awesome.  Accounts great.  So what is the problem you wonder?  I can't work on a strict schedule.  I was supposed to ...

Just Screwed Up A Report
Jun 10, 2013

It's gonna be a major or critical error for sure, so I am probably on my way out. It is an account that is 100% audited. In a way, it will be a relief if it happens. It will force me to look for something else.  Just makes me kinda sick to my stomach thinking about it, though. ...

North Region Screwed Up
Jan 19, 2010

Ever since this merge, my primary has been out of work, hardly ever happened before.  Mine is out of work because they're getting mine because their's is out of work and viice versa.  Everything was fine before this merge, but you know if something is working at MQ, they'll screw it up.  It's pretty much like the old cesspool again.  I have many words I would like to use right now, but I'll get in trouble on here.  So I'll just leave it ...

Anyone Else Being Screwed Over By Serviss Transcription LLC?
May 10, 2010

You can read more info on what my experience was with this company as an IC by scrolling down to how MTs are supposed to protect themselves against fraudulent companies.... ...

Anybody With The Incentive This Weekend Get Screwed Over?
Oct 07, 2013

Our region had an incentive where if you worked a minimum of 3 hours overtime you would get an extra $10 an hour on top of OT pay.  Well, I put in an extra 3 hours  Friday morning.  Predictably there was NJA on Saturday during my shift, only for about an hour or so and since it was Saturday and my shift ends at midnight, I had to take PTO.  Per my manager, that PTO canceled out an hour of my 3 hours of OT, meaning I didn't get the inventive.  What a scam.  Let& ...

So Being Screwed By Landmark Payroll
Nov 26, 2014

With next to no warning they change payroll. First pay in December is tgiving week pay. iOS three days of pay.  Wonder if my bank will take that for my mortgage and good luck getting the kids Xmas gifts ...

Check Your Pay, Payroll Screwed Up On Mine
Mar 08, 2013

Was wondering why my check so little, even though I did have 8 hours of work availability.  Apparently they only paid me for two 15 minute shifts instead of my benefit rate times four hours each shift. If you are in a state that pays you for half of your shift for work availability,make sure to carefully check your pay for this pay period.  ...

BEWARE! LINE COUNT COMPLETELY SCREWED UP!
May 24, 2010

Read post below.   My whole week is off.  If you look at line count for each day, it shows it correctly.  If you go from the 16th to today, COMPLETELY SCREWED UP!!! ...

Screwed Again. More Lies. Transcend PTO Rate For End Of Year
Jan 12, 2013

Why even bother assuring us we would receive our Transcend PTO rate for that last period and then not honor it.   I still hear those words "this is an exciting time for Transcend."  Exciting?  This has turned into a nightmare. ...

Royally Screwed Up And Misinterpreted Tsm Instructions On A Stat
Jun 23, 2013

And totally not typing a 28 min report.  She said one thing, I did that but thought that was all I had to do.  Boy do I feel stupid.  This jobs pay may suck, but I still need it to pay bills etc.  Hope there isn't too much bad fall-out. ...