A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anyone else being screwed over by Serviss Transcription LLC? - Serious

Posted: May 10, 2010

You can read more info on what my experience was with this company as an IC by scrolling down to how MTs are supposed to protect themselves against fraudulent companies....

Serviss - MT47

[ In Reply To ..]
Would you care to elaborate at the above E-mail address?

If it is the same person, Rebecca, I currently am working for her and my checks have arrived each week on Monday as promised.

The only thing I've noticed is the inconsistencies with the work, the time she wants the work completed, etc.

If this is the same person/company, please tell me your experience. Two of my friends and myself work for her and so far our experiences have been so-so.

Thanks,

Lori Neuhausel

Serviss Transcription - dolphingirl

[ In Reply To ..]
She still owes me over $8700.00.

Serviss owes me too.. - MAD

[ In Reply To ..]
I am owed a lot money as well. I think this is a trend for this company.

Serviss owes me as well - ND MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Been with the company for 3 years. Pay time was good up until the past 8 months or so. Now I'm waiting on $3000.

I do not understand why MTs work even after they - do not receive their pay.

[ In Reply To ..]
So, let me get this straight from below. You have been waiting on 3 paychecks? Honestly, that is your own fault then. After you did not receive the first one, you should have quit and moved on. Why do people accept excuses of nonpayment.

If no pay, the no way! That's my motto! If I do not receive pay in a timely manner, I type no more! No more reports for free!

I agree. Red flags would be going up EVERYWHERE - Not working for free

[ In Reply To ..]
In all the time you sit there waiting and typing for free, you could have already been working and getting paid from a "real" job. A real job is one in which services are performed and you receive compensation. What you have experienced is called fraud a.k.a. working for free. These companies should be shut down!!!

I'm working on that -- - Serious

[ In Reply To ..]
Since this was simply my first job out of school, I am trying to chalk it up as a learning experience. As soon as that 2nd paycheck was late, I began looking for employment elsewhere and went on to achieve my RMT credential. I just never actually received another job offer while I was working for her.

I am pleased to say that I have just accepted an offer from a company that seems "real" this time! Based on comments in the archive on RI Unlimited Transcription Solutions, it sounds like I shouldn't encounter this type of situation again in the future!
Congratulations!!! - Great you caught a break so fast (NM)
[ In Reply To ..]
x

Before you jump to your conclusions... - Serious

[ In Reply To ..]
You know what -- not entirely my fault as you stated. This was my first position out of school, so I was a newbie to begin with. Second of all, I was told by the owner that there was a one-month lag before receiving the first paycheck. I worked for the company a total of 7 weeks before she lost the account, so it really wasn't so hard to believe. The third invoice that I sent her was after she'd already let me go, and she was delinquent in sending payment only by a couple of weeks. I had absolutely no previous experience to go by.

Needless to say, whether this woman had laid me off or not, I would have stopped doing work for her shortly thereafter due to nonpayment. Unfortunately, I gave her the benefit of the doubt and wound up losing my money in the process.

Going forward, no more excuses of nonpayment...

Sounds like she very craftily blindsided you - Not your fault (NM)

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

To The MT Who Posted About Serviss
May 10, 2010

I worked for this woman as did at least two others I know of.  I am so sorry you gotted tricked by her.  She has been doing this sort of thing for a long time.  For the longest any post that was posted about her would get deleted, therefore you could not really find out what was going on with her.  She has a hablt of using people then making excuses like telling you she is moving, and she is going through a divorce, etc...  She owed me and two others money for quite some ...

I Am Screwed With 6.1
Sep 03, 2010

When I am in an ASR report, I have been highlighting and then hit delete and put in the correct words/phrase and have been doing this for 2 years.  IT IS WRONG AND BEING TOLD NUMEROUS TIMES BY THE INSTRUCTOR IN THIS LEARNING OF THE 6.1 TO NOT DO IT!  So, I have to highlight and then type over correct word/phrase because if I hit delete key, backspace, etc., it will put in a skip marker which of course is WRONG! Probably get reprimanded by QA and hurt  QA production checks.  ...

I'm So Screwed
Aug 14, 2012

I've been an MT for 30 years.  I'm a good MT.  90% of my time, I've worked as an IC.  In the last few months, however, the companies I contracted with have had such an unpredictable ebb and flow of work that I decided maybe I should go with a company as an employee.  I was hired by Mmodal.  They were great.  CCM awesome.  Accounts great.  So what is the problem you wonder?  I can't work on a strict schedule.  I was supposed to ...

Just Screwed Up A Report
Jun 10, 2013

It's gonna be a major or critical error for sure, so I am probably on my way out. It is an account that is 100% audited. In a way, it will be a relief if it happens. It will force me to look for something else.  Just makes me kinda sick to my stomach thinking about it, though. ...

North Region Screwed Up
Jan 19, 2010

Ever since this merge, my primary has been out of work, hardly ever happened before.  Mine is out of work because they're getting mine because their's is out of work and viice versa.  Everything was fine before this merge, but you know if something is working at MQ, they'll screw it up.  It's pretty much like the old cesspool again.  I have many words I would like to use right now, but I'll get in trouble on here.  So I'll just leave it ...

Anybody With The Incentive This Weekend Get Screwed Over?
Oct 07, 2013

Our region had an incentive where if you worked a minimum of 3 hours overtime you would get an extra $10 an hour on top of OT pay.  Well, I put in an extra 3 hours  Friday morning.  Predictably there was NJA on Saturday during my shift, only for about an hour or so and since it was Saturday and my shift ends at midnight, I had to take PTO.  Per my manager, that PTO canceled out an hour of my 3 hours of OT, meaning I didn't get the inventive.  What a scam.  Let& ...

So Being Screwed By Landmark Payroll
Nov 26, 2014

With next to no warning they change payroll. First pay in December is tgiving week pay. iOS three days of pay.  Wonder if my bank will take that for my mortgage and good luck getting the kids Xmas gifts ...

Check Your Pay, Payroll Screwed Up On Mine
Mar 08, 2013

Was wondering why my check so little, even though I did have 8 hours of work availability.  Apparently they only paid me for two 15 minute shifts instead of my benefit rate times four hours each shift. If you are in a state that pays you for half of your shift for work availability,make sure to carefully check your pay for this pay period.  ...

BEWARE! LINE COUNT COMPLETELY SCREWED UP!
May 24, 2010

Read post below.   My whole week is off.  If you look at line count for each day, it shows it correctly.  If you go from the 16th to today, COMPLETELY SCREWED UP!!! ...

Screwed Again. More Lies. Transcend PTO Rate For End Of Year
Jan 12, 2013

Why even bother assuring us we would receive our Transcend PTO rate for that last period and then not honor it.   I still hear those words "this is an exciting time for Transcend."  Exciting?  This has turned into a nightmare. ...

Royally Screwed Up And Misinterpreted Tsm Instructions On A Stat
Jun 23, 2013

And totally not typing a 28 min report.  She said one thing, I did that but thought that was all I had to do.  Boy do I feel stupid.  This jobs pay may suck, but I still need it to pay bills etc.  Hope there isn't too much bad fall-out. ...

InfAny Info On Net Med Transcription, All-Write Transcription Or FutureNet Technologies?
Jun 11, 2010

I would appreciate any input anyone may have on these 3 companies. I have tried to find out about them through their local BBB, but only Net Med Transcription has anything on it. Thanks. ...

Can Anyone Tell Me Info On August Medical Transcription Or Transcription South
May 29, 2013

I have found a few things on these companies but was looking to find a little more in depth information from past or current employees. ...

Any Advice On Craft Transcription Or SOAP Transcription??
May 30, 2014

Hi!   Anyone heard of or work for Craft Transcription or SOAP Transcription??? I have a interview today with SOAP. Any information is appreciated. ...

United Transcription Or Alpha Transcription
Sep 14, 2010

Just trying to get info on both companies.  Don't see much when I search.  Anyone work for either of these and can give me more info would be appreaciated.  ...

Prn Military Transcription/prn Medical Transcription
Jun 25, 2014

Anyone hear from them yet?  Over 1100 views, that means a billion resumes. ...

Offshore Transcription Stories Wanted- Medical Malpractice Cases Related To Offshore Transcription M
Oct 15, 2009

A legal contact was inquiring about the connection of medical mistakes related to off-shored transcription mistakes.  I have told him to review these boards and hopefully he will benefit from the information here.  While he did not discuss the exact case, I think that he will be able to use the off-shore transcription issue to his client's benefit or at least highlight that the provider in question does not have as rigorous control on processing records as other pr ...

What Is Your Opinion Of Nuance Transcription And United Transcription (United In Charlotte, NC)
Jun 06, 2012

I have been offered a position with both.  I have; however, in the past, had a position where the employer still owes me $6000.  Does United pay and have the work?  Does Nuance have enough work for me?  I need full time work guaranteed income, like everyone else.  Good luck to all out there! ...

JLG Transcription - Good Or Bad, Anything About JLG Transcription?
Jun 24, 2011

Can anyone tell me, good or bad, anything about JLG Transcription? Thanks. ...

ASR -v- Transcription
Oct 12, 2009

Would someone explain to me how is that this company can legally pay us a lower rate for ASR compared to transcription?  After they pushed ASR on me, (said that I wouldn't ever get a 50:50 ratio of ASR to transcription) I am getting mostly ASR work.  My pay has dropped significantly.  Can they do this? ...

Q.E.D. Transcription
Oct 13, 2009

Does anyone know anything about, or have any experience with Q.E.D. Transcription? ...

Q.E.D. Transcription?
Nov 11, 2009

I have an interview tomorrow morning with this company, and I was wondering how they are to work for (i.e. work load, pay on time, platform, etc.).   TIA!!! ...

PRN Transcription?? Anyone??
Nov 19, 2009

Anyone have any information about P.R.N. Transcription?  Got a reply on a resume I sent out and am wondering what type of company they are???  Good, bad, ugly? ...

PRN Transcription
Nov 20, 2009

For those of you who have recently posted regarding PRN and have worked for them, is this the company out of Ohio?? ...

NOW Transcription
Dec 23, 2009

Hi all!  I was just wondering if anyone worked for NOW Transcription or if anyone knew anything about this company?  Any input would be appreciated. ...

P.r.n. Transcription
Feb 02, 2010

Just wondering if anyone works for this company or has any info on them and now they are to work for. Thanks. ...

Transcription USA
May 10, 2010

Anything on Transcription USA ...

GET OUT OF TRANSCRIPTION
May 17, 2010

Since the advent of voice recognition and overseas outsourcing, transcription has ceased to be a profession.   I will NEVER -- repeat, NEVER make the money I was making as a transcriptionist at a hospital 5 years ago, before we were replaced by VR and cheap outsourcing to India.   Now all that's left are transcription companies here in the U.S. that don't want to pay much more, lie to us and tamper with our line counts.   GET OUT, GET OUT OF TRANSCRIPTION! ...

A Day Without Transcription?
May 28, 2010

It seems that everyone has negative things to say about how employers do not pay MTs what they're worth and how they offshore the easy stuff, but pile on the lousy ESL stuff on the transcriptionists in the States. Too bad there can't be a general strike of U.S. MTs - a day without transcription - just to show how we're needed. It seems to be the only thing employers would understand. Impossible, I know, but I bet employers would sit up and take notice. ...

USA Transcription
May 30, 2010

They are so antiquated!  They want you to have a what?  A large cassette player and pick up tapes and live in Houston/Spring are and...  Good grief! ...