A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Do QCs get penalized for correction reversals? - sm

Posted: Oct 15, 2014

Just had 5 corrections reversed because a QC misunderstood the account specs. How do they get penalized for their mistakes?

They are supposed to. The reversal percentage - is tracked and shows in FIESA.

[ In Reply To ..]
I had a bunch of errors reversed too for the same reason.

Similar Messages:

REVERSALS
Oct 23, 2013

If one is lucky enough to get a FIASCO reversal, where does that eventually show up? Are we notified by email? Also, if we are lucky enough to get a manual line count for an ISR job that we actually had to manually type because the ISR interpretation was so bad, where do those lines eventually show up? On our pay stub? ...

Error Reversals On Fiesa?
Apr 24, 2013

I find some of these "errors" unbelievable.  I feel the need to contest a couple of these.  Anyone had much in the way of success with doing this or does it just tick off the reviewer and get you in deep doodoo? ...

Reversals On Post Audits Are Virtually Impossible?
Aug 08, 2012

So from new info I just got, post audit scores are virtually impossible to reverse.  So apparently the people in that deptartment, QA or QC - whicever it is, must be Goddesses as that would imply they never make mistakes.  Our bonuses hinge entirely on these particular audits and they are WRITTEN IN STONE.  I find this kind of outrageous.   There is no human being who is perfect, so I have to assume that Nuance has hired this crew from Mt Olympus (I suppose they m ...

Why I Won't Waste My Time Requesting Reversals Anymore.
Jan 27, 2015

When it is dictated that the patient had knee surgery, (a couple of other procedures), then says rotator cuff and patella surgery... would that be considered a repeat of the knee surgery?   How am I supposed to know if when he dictated this, he was referring to the same surgery or not?   I blanked it and got an error on a post audit.   If I had repeated a DX in the list, I would have been marked off for that---cannot win either way.      ...

Penalized?
Mar 03, 2010

just to play it safe, i know next month starts the wonderful 10% submission and being penalized for it, but today if we send reports straight to qa, will they deduct us for anything??  I feel like i have a big knot in my stomach and my fingers can't move.  I feel like I am 6 years old again and its my first day of school.  I feel so paranoid about mq.  ...

Penalized For Blanks?
Aug 15, 2013

I thought I just saw something on here that said that we were being charged for blanks?  Are they actually doing this? If so I have not seen anything stating it.   ...

I Won't Be Penalized For Doing The Right Thing
Apr 23, 2015

Probity was a great company.  Nuance took over and well, you know the rest.  Approved my first time sheet on the new-new plan and got 7 cpl for QC over 10%, but 100% QA.  I will NOT work somewhere that I am penalized for thinking about patient safety and sending a horrible doctor's reports to QC for blanks.  Nuance, you can kiss my!   I'm done!  ...

Why Are We Being Penalized For QC Percentage Over 10%?!
Apr 27, 2015

This past pay period because my QC percentage was over 10% both weeks I calculated lost wages of almost $400.  The first week my quality was 100%, the second 99.7%.  The second week my QC percent was just a hair over 10%, but I of course ended up on the bottom of the pay grid, a difference of $150 for the week.  I don't send reports to QC because I'm lazy.  Why should we continue to get penalized for bad dictators, unknown names/business entities on new accounts, et ...

IC Tax - Pay Your SE Taxes Quarterly Or You Get Penalized
Feb 02, 2010

I have heard people on here say you have to pay your SE taxes quarterly or you get penalized.  I didn't do that.  I took my stuff to H&R block and they did my taxes with just a regular SE status, added to my employee status for my employee job.  They asked me if i had paid in anything and I told them no, but I didn't get penalized in any way.  Is that normal?  I am asking if the IRS will come back later and penalize me, or is that it, I just pay them at the end of the year and ...

Has Anyone Been Penalized For Not Reaching Required Lines When There Is Simply No Work To Do?
Nov 06, 2014

I keep running out of work and cannot work a 12-hour shift simply to make lines needed. ...

Correction, Correction, Correction
May 17, 2014

A million times throughout the report.  How do you keep you keep your sanity or make a decentl living with all these dictators?   ...

A Correction I Got
Jan 22, 2015

This is a correction and a reply that I got today:   I typed:  His dialysis and primary care doctor are at Keck USC.   Correction:  His dialysis and primary care doctor is at Keck USC.    I questioned this correction and here is the answer I got:  "The correction appears to me to be correct.  It should be a singular verb.  "Doctor" is a singular noun.  Implies that the dialysis and primary doc is one and the same."  Am I off my rock ...

Does Anyone Do VR That Requires Very Little Correction (sm)
Nov 28, 2011

or does VR generally require a lot of corrections?  Is one platform better than another?  I have done just a little bit of VR on EditScript and for the most part it requires very, very few corrections.  ...

Timecard Correction
Nov 26, 2013

I forgot to clock out today and can't remember how to fix that in time schedule or whatever it is called.  Anyone remember? ...

Overpaid--ASR Rate Correction
Jan 25, 2010

How many others got notified that they've been overpaid for ASR lines, and as of Jan 1 the rate is going to be put back to 60% of the transcription base rate. Supposedly they found this during a recent audit? How does this company stay in business??? ...

CORRECTION To Previous Post
Sep 29, 2012

The company I saw an ad for was Administrative "Assistance"  (out of Michigan) - not Administrative "Associates" - my mistake! ...

If Only I Was Paid By The Correction. I Would Be Rich!
Mar 14, 2015

And for every correction I make, IT should be docked for their shameful performance. ...

Anyone Out There Heard New Lowered Pay For MTs Is A Market Correction?
Sep 21, 2010

Pay has been cut by 25%, told we are lucky to have a job, that we have easy accounts,  and that our pay is a "market correction". That's encouragement from an employer! ...

Trending And Correction Report Percentage
Oct 26, 2014

Has anyone figured out how the h____ this new trending and correction report percentage is working on Fiesa. Are they cherry picking the most difficult doctors to audit and skipping over the physicians that would balance the percentage score. That thing is so skewed, I cannot figure out for the life of me what it is suppose to reveal. It is totally biased against the MLS from what I can understand. ...

Right Hallux Valgus Correction Utilizing "prox-extenic" Osteotomy And Distal Soft Tissue P
May 07, 2011

nm ...

It Still Irks Me That I Can't Ask For Another "ear" Without Getting Penalized!
Feb 10, 2011

How in the world are we supposed to learn anything new if we can't ask for help without the penalty of being docked and/or audited??  Are blanks supposed to be better than education? Do the docs truly like to see blanks in their reports? This company sucks big time! ...

Can QA Fairly Be Called "correction"?
Sep 11, 2012

Recently a guy from the state called asking if the MTSO regularly "corrects" MT work. The answer is... what is the answer? I mean, an MT corrects their own work, to the best of their ability. If you get stumped on some bad audio or weird name or medication or medical term and Google fails, Word Help board fails, you send it to QA, and they try to fill in the final blanks. But is that really "correction"? Because the MT (if they aren't slacking and/or incompetent) knew they didn't kno ...

I Think He's Used The Word "correction" More Than He
Apr 09, 2012

I'm going nuts.  Fortunately I don't get this guy often, but it's 11 minutes of him dictating and correcting himself and starting his thoughts over again.  Aaaaagggghhhh!!!!!   Whew!!  Thanks.  I just had to get that off my chest.  My cats are tired of hearing me shout.   And no, he's NOT an ESL . ...