A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Why are we being penalized for QC percentage over 10%?! - NinnerLynn

Posted: Apr 27, 2015

This past pay period because my QC percentage was over 10% both weeks I calculated lost wages of almost $400.  The first week my quality was 100%, the second 99.7%.  The second week my QC percent was just a hair over 10%, but I of course ended up on the bottom of the pay grid, a difference of $150 for the week.  I don't send reports to QC because I'm lazy.  Why should we continue to get penalized for bad dictators, unknown names/business entities on new accounts, etc.?  I mentioned this to my supervisor and received no response (not that I expected one).  They're so worried about quality and not having more than 2 blanks on a report, yet we're basically punished for sending reports to QC. 

Nothing about this company makes sense nor is fair - If they gave a hoot about Patient Safety

[ In Reply To ..]
like they CLAIM to, you'd get penalized for QUALITY rather than the amount you send to QC for a second listen.

So their claim of "Patient Safety" is a CROCK. They are actually encouraging MTs to send questionable things through to avoid the awful over 10% QC penalty.

The KNOW how we all feel about it they just could not care any less about it. They are greedy, unethical, did I say GREEDY....scum of the earth.

keep record - Mine is not correct

[ In Reply To ..]
I have kept record of reports sent to QA and for what reason...they docked me to 7 cpl too, but their # of lines to QC is incorrect and I refuse to approve my time card. If they are going to dock our pay for QA% they should be required to send a list of they records so we can audit it against our own.

I will not accept just some random % on my timecard without them backing it up so I can compare it against my records.

My advice - such as it is

[ In Reply To ..]
Since anything over a certain number of blanks automatically gets sent their way, if you have blanks that absolutely can't be interpreted due to bad audio, slurring,or whatever, just put the job on HOLD. That's what I do and it's helped my percentage a lot since that way the blank/discrepancy/mush-mouth ball is in THEIR court and I don't get penalized. Whatever works with this screwball compensation plan--I've gotta pay my bills and feed my kid!

What do you mean by hold? - NinnerLynn

[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry, I should probably be aware, but what do you mean by putting the job on hold?

Put the job on hold? How do you do this? - Must not be possible on eScription

[ In Reply To ..]
Once again, seems like some of us get screwed more than others. Not all of us have the option to put a job "on hold" whatever that means.

put on hold - all smiles

[ In Reply To ..]
If the job is bad audio, you should be sending to QA under bad audio not under blanks.

They cannot track bad audio unless you send it under the 'bad audio' designator.

Jobs can be put on hold, but this is for when there is another part of the dictation coming at a later time, not for keeping QC% down. Use 'other' designator and state another part of the dictation is to be dictated.

If you are not using poor audio as it should be, the bad dictators or poor audio quality will never be remedied.

We are not penalized for sending through as bad audio when it is bad audio.

You must live in lah-lah land - If you think that way
[ In Reply To ..]
Obviously you're a QA person or a higher-ups stalker. Feel free to drink the Kool-Aid with regard to the so-called guidelines. I lost my motivation to tow the line when this unfair, demeaning compensation plan was forced on us and I intend to do whatever I have to do to increase my bottom line. And BTW, I've send numerous e-mails in the past regarding bad dictators, incorrect templates, repeatedly not giving dates of service, etc.; I've NEVER seen a change implemented as a result of my pointing out a problem. So dream on if you think that's the scenario. But I guess it's easier to wear rose-colored glasses...now go back to reviewing reports and finding a made-up error so you can steal the next MT's pay, okay?
Oops--you typed 'send' instead of 'sent'-! $150.00 off your paycheck! nm - Just kidding
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Thanks for the laugh. Yep--I'm not perfect. Oh, wait: I'm human and empathetic like you - Thank goodness, huh! ;-)
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Bad audio does not equal bad dictator... - NinnerLynn
[ In Reply To ..]
...I'm aware of sending for poor audio, but that is not the same as a bad dictator, unknown other facility, doctor, etc.

Not Bayscribe either. - Would like to know this. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
xxx

Can't do it on Enterprise or eScription. nm - that one

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

There is no hold option... - kk

[ In Reply To ..]
in Escription. Once you complete the report, it must be uploaded. Also, it doesn't really matter why you pend the report to QC, it pretty much all goes against your 10%. A few weeks ago, I had to pend a report for a CC name that was so mangled by the horrific ESL I could not make it out to see if it was someone we had in the database, or a new CC that needed to be added so I had to pend...not my fault, nothing I could do about it...a 278 line report that caused me to go from a 5% QC percentage that week to over 15%. I wonder how many MLS's are actually just not pending things and sending them through just to avoid getting dinged?

its a stupid system... they should encourage higher qc1% for mls - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
as it stands now, us QCs (on my team and platform at least) are running oow every single day since around thanksgiving... then we have to go type on accounts we aren't familiar with.

if upper mgmt had any sense at all they would get rid of sending to qc% penalty -- thus increasing workload for QCs, and ensuring qc's aren't oow and dipping into the mls' work pool, and increasing overall quality for all patients.

instead we get stuck with this awful system that penalizes everyone involved.

higher qc - DizzyDame

[ In Reply To ..]
Yep, a QC friend of mine recently quit because of OOW -- said MLS are pending very little and because of that she had almost no work. This goes completely against the original plan to improve patient safety -- people are guessing and not pending. Not good

QC - anonMT

[ In Reply To ..]
The only thing I call it is wage theft and nothing else.

take it straight to the labor board without hesitation - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
You can call your state department of labor. Wage theft is illegal. Do not delay.

I completely agree - AC

[ In Reply To ..]
At the least, they should at least give us 9-10 cpl if you are still below 12% to QC. That or they need to change all that we send to QC, like cancelled dictations. I am penalized each time that happens, or if there is some issue in getting the appropriate demographics. We lose our bread and butter over their mistakes.

wage theft - anonmt

[ In Reply To ..]
Its time to fight back MTs! Wage theft is not allowed in this land by any means or ways. 150 bucks a week?!?!? That is theft in the hugest way. I hate this company.

I was told to be thankful... - BeatenDownMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I had a supervisor once tell me that I should "be thankful" the QC is 10% because this was the most that they had ever heard of being allowed. I worked with a hospital for nearly 15 years before this VR mess and I was never given a QC limit of 10% or penalized for a bad dictation; if I made a mistake it was pointed out to me politely and I corrected it before the final report went out. Simple as that. I miss feeling like I did a good job at the end of the day. I miss feeling like I am a needed and valued employee.

That's the question I asked. I quit this week. - IntegraMT

[ In Reply To ..]
No notice at all. When my TSM asked what was wrong, I told her. I would NOT be penalized for doing the right thing. I told her how horrible Nuance was. I never had a response from her, but shortly I lost access to email and WebClock. LOL! So glad to be GONE! Good luck to all of us that have had it with this sorry excuse for a company.

gt used to it - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I followed dictator's direction, as well as company and account policy and this forced me over the 10% with 100% score, so I lost out big too. Would rather work for less and know I am getting less than this BS.

Similar Messages:

Penalized?
Mar 03, 2010

just to play it safe, i know next month starts the wonderful 10% submission and being penalized for it, but today if we send reports straight to qa, will they deduct us for anything??  I feel like i have a big knot in my stomach and my fingers can't move.  I feel like I am 6 years old again and its my first day of school.  I feel so paranoid about mq.  ...

Penalized For Blanks?
Aug 15, 2013

I thought I just saw something on here that said that we were being charged for blanks?  Are they actually doing this? If so I have not seen anything stating it.   ...

I Won't Be Penalized For Doing The Right Thing
Apr 23, 2015

Probity was a great company.  Nuance took over and well, you know the rest.  Approved my first time sheet on the new-new plan and got 7 cpl for QC over 10%, but 100% QA.  I will NOT work somewhere that I am penalized for thinking about patient safety and sending a horrible doctor's reports to QC for blanks.  Nuance, you can kiss my!   I'm done!  ...

IC Tax - Pay Your SE Taxes Quarterly Or You Get Penalized
Feb 02, 2010

I have heard people on here say you have to pay your SE taxes quarterly or you get penalized.  I didn't do that.  I took my stuff to H&R block and they did my taxes with just a regular SE status, added to my employee status for my employee job.  They asked me if i had paid in anything and I told them no, but I didn't get penalized in any way.  Is that normal?  I am asking if the IRS will come back later and penalize me, or is that it, I just pay them at the end of the year and ...

Do QCs Get Penalized For Correction Reversals?
Oct 15, 2014

Just had 5 corrections reversed because a QC misunderstood the account specs. How do they get penalized for their mistakes? ...

Has Anyone Been Penalized For Not Reaching Required Lines When There Is Simply No Work To Do?
Nov 06, 2014

I keep running out of work and cannot work a 12-hour shift simply to make lines needed. ...

Percentage Sent To QA
Jun 27, 2012

I sent in 10% to QA last month due to difficult dictators.  There were a couple of days where I had some really bad dictations and maybe sent in 4 reports on that day.  Other days I didn't send any reports to QA.  The company has always told us if we are not 100% sure of the word to leave it blank.  Now I am being penalized for taking this advice.  I have been put on notice that they will let me go if I continue to go over 8%.  Does this seem unreasonable? &nbs ...

QC Percentage
Feb 27, 2013

Can anyone tell me what QC percentage means on our time card and what it has to be in order to get our weekly bonus?  Thank you! ...

Percentage Question
Feb 18, 2011

dictated one-tenth percent - would you type .1%?  This seems odd to me.   TIA.  ...

What Percentage Of Proscript Is VR?
Sep 14, 2013

AND, are you able to make money?  How expensive is the insurance and how are the supervisors?  Thank you. ...

Now Besides Just Getting Our QA Percentage Marked Off,
Nov 30, 2014

our pay will be docked because we may leave out "a" or something along that line or not place a comma where they believe it should be.  Before it just affected our bonuses but not our actual pay that we get.  Now our pay will be deducted for every error that they deem that we make!!!  That doesn't even seem legal.  Even if you work at McDonalds and make a mistake they don't cut your pay and don't give me the crap about affecting patient safety.  Bull crap! ...

Percentage Of Lines To QA?
Jan 21, 2015

When we first started this new compensation plan, I remember the magic line percentage for QA was 2%... but was that NO MORE than 2% gets post-audited, or AT LEAST 2% gets post-audited?   Just realized I have over 200 lines already post-audited for the week, but I have only transcribed 6500 lines so far, and 2% of that would be 130.   ...

Is There A Way To Keep Track Of Percentage Being Sent To QC?
Mar 06, 2015

I never know where I stand until after the fact. Do any of you know how to keep track of this? The nonsense just keeps increasing and increasing. ...

Audit Percentage.
Jun 03, 2015

Does anyone remember what they had said the percentage of audit should be each week? I know I have only had 1 job audited each week for the past 3 weeks. Which of course means 1 mistake and I'm under 99%. Anyone? Thanks. ...

What Is The Percentage Of A Passing Audit? Is It 96 Or 98? NM
Nov 24, 2010

NM ...

Quick Poll - QA Percentage Requirements
Jan 23, 2012

Is industry standard now a requirement of 99% accuracy for the usual employee review to maintain employment or (heaven forbid) achieve a bonus? 97%, 98%, or 99%.  Just curious. ...

Editors: What Percentage Of Your Time Is Not Compensated?
Apr 29, 2013

Trying to determine the norm for providing free work. I spend more time fixing dictator's demographic errors demographic errors and searching for data that should have been dictated than I do editing. I'm just wondering if other editors just note these problems for QA to deal with or are you also working pretty much for free? Anyone been fired for refusing to work for free? ...

What Percentage Of Dictators Can Achieve 99% Accuracy Using VR?
Nov 24, 2013

On the account I work I'd say only about one dictator in 20 can achieve 99% accuracy with VR without editing.   This doesn't surprise me in the least. We could have told the developers this 20 years ago, but money talks.  For the doctors forced to use VR, will the errors be acceptable to them?  To the big wigs at the hospitals?   ...

Question About QA Percentage And Line Rate
Aug 08, 2014

actually make sense or work. If you do lose the 0.03 cpl, don't they have to make sure you are paid min wage per hour. Wouldn't they then have to supplement you? What sense does this policy make then? ...

Trending And Correction Report Percentage
Oct 26, 2014

Has anyone figured out how the h____ this new trending and correction report percentage is working on Fiesa. Are they cherry picking the most difficult doctors to audit and skipping over the physicians that would balance the percentage score. That thing is so skewed, I cannot figure out for the life of me what it is suppose to reveal. It is totally biased against the MLS from what I can understand. ...

What Percentage Of Your MQ Work Is ASR And Would You Be Making More If You Straight Typed It?
Oct 19, 2009

x ...

Blood Alcohol Was 0.403 Which Is 3 100ths (3 Hundreths) Of A Percentage
Jul 03, 2010

blood alcohol was 0.403 which is 3 100ths (3 hundreths) of a percentage over what they will take.  Help! I am stumped! ...

If An Audit Slams You For An Error Counted As 0.25, How Is The Percentage 97.88%?
Mar 18, 2010

I am confused.  ...

Beginning April 1 The Percentage Score Goes From 99.6 To 99.7, Just Got The Email. NM
Mar 20, 2014

NM ...

What Percentage Of Your Dictators Enter All Demographics Needed?
May 18, 2014

. ...

It Still Irks Me That I Can't Ask For Another "ear" Without Getting Penalized!
Feb 10, 2011

How in the world are we supposed to learn anything new if we can't ask for help without the penalty of being docked and/or audited??  Are blanks supposed to be better than education? Do the docs truly like to see blanks in their reports? This company sucks big time! ...

Transcend Question - What Does "DC Percentage" Mean And Should It Be High Or Low? Sm
Feb 08, 2010

As a Transcend employee, on opening the home page of the Transcend web site, it shows me my Productivity from the day prior, as well as "DC percentage."  What is the DC percentage, how is it calculated and should it be a high or low percentage? ...