A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Reversals on post audits are virtually impossible? - anon

Posted: Aug 08, 2012

So from new info I just got, post audit scores are virtually impossible to reverse.  So apparently the people in that deptartment, QA or QC - whicever it is, must be Goddesses as that would imply they never make mistakes. 

Our bonuses hinge entirely on these particular audits and they are WRITTEN IN STONE.  I find this kind of outrageous.  

There is no human being who is perfect, so I have to assume that Nuance has hired this crew from Mt Olympus (I suppose they must have been bored eating grapes and drinking wine all day and wanted to toy with us mere humans for a laugh or two). 

Anyone else find this to be a wee bit on the shady side?

Keep in mind I am not talking about audits that are triggered by you pending a note, these are strictly the post audit reports that our bonus is based on. 

QA/QC - frustrated MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Love your post, so true. Wondering if sometimes they go in and change things so we will look really bad.

I am convinced they not only change things, but manipulate the VR system - hangingbythread

[ In Reply To ..]
How else do you explain such low scores and how else do you explain so many changes to the system that is supposed to "remember" the changes? How else could my pay keep dropping when I have done this for years and never made these kinds of mistakes? I don't know why they do it and the system is set up so it's hard to prove. I'm financially hanging on by a thread hoping a door will open somewhere else better but can't just up and leave when there are bills to pay. But, other companies are making bad changes also so where do you go?

Nowhere to run really...QA process seems fraudulant. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I really do think MM and Nuance will gobble up most, if not all, of the MTSOs left out there. Sure there will still be some independents out there but with EMR and the point and click stuff, not too many of them either.

I don't really know why QC is done this way. I have never worked anywhere that operated like this.

Seriously I had a TL tell me that post audit scores were impossible to change, even if they were proven wrong. She said she would go to bat for us but it almost certainly would not result in a reversal.

QA is not 100% perfect, it is absolutely impossible that they are, which means we should have some recourse as it directly effects our pay scale (cost me over $1000 this quarter).

Forget the shady work schedules, I wonder if there is a lawsuit in this? It feels like fraud to me.

Whoever told you this LIED to you - current QA

[ In Reply To ..]
Our managers get reversal request daily. Some are reversed some are not BUT they do happen. If it was your TL who told you this GO TO HER SUPERVISOR who is the operations manager. We DO make mistakes and do NOT think otherwise. We are all human and whoever told you this is not possible was WRONG on so many levels!!

She sure didn't sound like she was lying. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
She flat out stated she would go to bat for us but it was VERY RARE to get a post audit score reversed.

I tend to believe her over you, as I have had about 3 in the last year that absolutely should have been reversed (2 other people agreed) and it was never reversed.

Supposedly anything done the week before the close of the quarter CANNOT be reversed no matter what. And surprise, surprise that last week of post audits was BRUTAL with absolute errors, even though admitted they were wrong "Gee, sorry, cannot reverse them." Worked though, got me down to a 98.9% and no bonus for the quarter.

You believe what you want...that is on you then - sm CURRENT QA

[ In Reply To ..]
I work as a QA so I would know...plus there is no brutal post audits during the last week of the quarter...we audit the same every day...but again you believe the lies so you get what you get. For others keep fighting for it as they CAN get changed. Do not believe this LIE which I now believe is a post to start trouble as I find it INTERESTING to see that now it is changed to mean that things will not get reversed only at the end of the quarter....hmmmmmm
Um, I didn't change anything I said, I simply gave additional info. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I didn't change my meaning or words at all from the original post. I stand by that things don't get reversed EVER for post audits. I have not had a single reversal and I actually even had a QA or QC lady agree with me that the error was not valid and it STILL DID NOT GET CHANGED.

I never said it was just at the end of the quarter, that was additional info.

One TL told me that it is "RARE" for post audit reports to be changed.

Another TL told me that the week of the final quarter post audits WERE NEVER CHANGED, NO MATTER WHAT.

This is what I have been told by TWO different team leads.

I believe my TL, why would she lie to me?

You on the other hand are overly defensive and anonymous. I guess I choose to believe what TWO team leads have told me that has been backed up by the fact that I have never had a challenge reversed (for the pending audits I have had things reversed).

The MTs just want for it to be fair. Your hysterical attitude does not bolster my faith in QA.

hysterical attitude? I WORK in QA and when reports are reversed - sm Current QA
[ In Reply To ..]
get reversed....which they DO we get auto emails letting us know AND feedback from our manager...so again they DO get reversed and they are NOT rare as these emails can be DAILY. If you choose to believe otherwise so be it but I just want the other MTs to know that this is NOT true so they will continue to fight for their changes. You believe what you want to believe. BTW the TLs don't know everything. Try getting your info from their supervisors and the QA managers if you care to know the TRUTH.
Okay, calm down, seriously. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I am an MT and I asked a question. Did you not see the question mark???

I am freaked out about this and you are really not helping.

You are very heavy handed. I wanted to know IF THINGS GET REVERSED. You never really stated that they do until your last post. You just attacked ME for asking a question. Do you see the problem the MTs are running into?

E-mails get ignored. I want more communication with QA, that would be awesome.

Please tell me, would you have given 15 0.25 errors by changing commas and periods? I admit that maybe 3 of them were valid, but the rest were either subjective or QA actually was wrong. Then I got a 1.0 error for putting HAS instead of HAVE. But guess what the sentence was SINGULAR, not plural and the QA's change made the sentence look like some illiterate transcribed it.

I am just very frustrated with QA and based on numerous posts below, apparently I am not alone. So you can yell at me and be demeaning (as that is what QA is good at) all you want, but I am not the only one who feels this way about QA.

I worked in QA for YEARS and the company I worked for was not out to over-edit and insert themselves unnecessarily. Our job was to catch critical errors and assist MTs in gaining greater accuracy. We actually trusted our MTs to use their own judgement when it was subjective.

Nuance could go along way by trying to resolve this great divide between their MTs and their QA team.
ummm my FIRST post said that was a LIE...HOW was that attacking YOU?? - current QA
[ In Reply To ..]
I said if it was a TL that told you that THEY lied. I think you need to reread my first post and then YOUR response and tell me who was attacking who. Also QA is NOT to correct punctuation unless it changes the meaning. If you feel it is wrong FIGHT IT including going over your TLs head. I cannot stress this enough. Not all of us correct for stupid little things and we HAVE been told NOT to do this. Now I can only speak for QA not QC as we are 2 different depts with different supervisors. Also make sure you are ONLY checking your POST AUDIT scores in Fiesa because THOSE are the scores that matter for the incentive and YES reversals can be and ARE made. My advice is when you are challenging them provide a legit reference as to why it should be changed.
Thank you for the information, QA, and the advice to - fight to show you (guys) when you are wrong. :) NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x
oh and if you did not get them reversed that means - sm Current QA
[ In Reply To ..]
they probably should NOT have been reversed. If you have a LEGIT reason that can be backed up with PROOF (account specs, MT instructions, certain legit websites, etc.) it WILL get reversed. As an MT I NEVER had problems getting reversals with PROOF.
What about when it is a subjective change? - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
What happens when they change a comma? I mean sometimes that is absolutely subjective. How on earth do you have PROOF for that.

What about when it was a grammatical judgement call with an ESL and the MTs interpretation was legit but the QA would have done it differently.

Big errors are almost ALWAYS legit, let me just say that up front. I have never had a giant error for something I didn't do.

However, I have gotten 1.0, 0.5 and 0.25 errors for things that could really be either way. In that case there is not proof.

Example: Verbatim account so did not add pronoun to beginning of sentence in the physical exam. I got a 1.0 error for a major omission for not putting He (wasn't dictated).

Things that do not change the meaning and are in no way critical errors.

These are actually the errors that I am talking about.
if the MT can be given the benefit of the doubt it should - current QA
[ In Reply To ..]
changed. I am starting to wonder if this is QC you are talking about. I know for QA these would be reversed. Again QA is POST AUDIT.
QA versus QC (unfortunately both versus MT) - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
By that I mean is QA "the cream of the crop." Although, I would think QC would have the hardest job with filling in bunches of blanks and such.

Here is the frustrating part, some of the QA don't make little subjective changes (the majority of my reports are actually 100%). It seems to be 2 QA people in particular that are super harsh (yes post audit) and they actually do change commas and give 0.25 errors (lots of them) and 1.0 (major omission) for a missing The or He/She.

Mostly I just want to know how things work. Honestly, communication can be a big problem at Nuance.

Is there a standard guide for QAs to use or does each QA decide how hard**s they are going to be?

Perhaps my TL was just telling us that so we would not challenge things? Makes less work for her I guess.

It does make less work for her, which would be why - current QA
[ In Reply To ..]
the only reason why she would say that. Yes QA has guidelines that we have to follow. That is why I said to chailenge this piddly stuff they are marking you (the MTs) for. No I do NOT consider us the cream of the crop. We do make mistakes and SHOULD be challenged. I know I have made some and am THANKFUL the MTs challenged them. A lot of us DO feel this way. Just like you (MTs) make mistakes so do we. THAT is why I am so adamant that the MTs continue to challenge things and have been very vocal about it. All of us were once MTs too and know it is not easy especially in this day and age!
Thanks. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I really do appreciate your comments regarding QA. It is always good to get both sides.

Now I am wondering if maybe the TL isn't actually filling out the "form" to forward challenges to QA.

Can we submit post audit challenges directly to QA? Wouldn't that be easier for everyone?

Similar Messages:

These Post Audits Are Getting Ridiculous
Jul 03, 2013

I've had 20 audits in 3 days now, all 99% or higher score with 1 critical error that was really a questionable typo I haven't had time to pull to see if I agree with....think of the money they'd save not QA'ing us to death here.  I've been with the company for years, never failed audits and this is getting almost abusive by them to waste my time sending me this crap which I then have to spend my time, on my own cost, to research and challenge their mistakes in the a ...

Onshore Post Audits??/
Nov 10, 2013

Anybody getting these now??  Instead of just explaining my error or what they believe is an error - I am getting a 4 paragraph explanation for each one.  I certainly don't mind criticism but I feel like I am being talked to like a 2 year old who has done something wrong.  It is amazing to me how they hear something completely different than what I heard and I am told I should have left a blank if I felt there was a problem.  Do they not realize that if I felt there WAS a ...

Has Anyone Else Been Getting 10 Times More Post Audits Than Usual??
Nov 30, 2012

I am getting audited 5 jobs a day at least.  This is FAR FAR more than ever before. I used to get maybe 1 or 2 a week. I am also noticing much higher dings on these audits.  In the same report I got an error for not ADDING an and that was not dictated and then got dinged for ADDING an and that had been dictated.  Is this verbatim OR NOT!!! Anyway, it just seems that there is a A LOT more QA auditing happening than usual.  Just me??? ...

Post Audits On Primary And Secondary....
Mar 14, 2013

I know 2 other MTs who have noticed the same thing.  We have not had a single post audit on our primary accounts but let us do 5 reports on our secondaries and we'll get audited on it.  We presume they do that trying to "get you" to keep you from getting the bonus for QA.  For example I worked on my secondary Monday - first time in 2 weeks, did 3 reports and 1 got post audited on 1.   ...

Anyone Have Post Audits That Is Longer Than 75 Or 100 Lines?
Mar 10, 2015

I have gone back and looked at my post audits and since this new pay plan has gone into place, they have only 1 time edited a job that was over 100 lines (103 lines) all the rest are between 25 and 50 or so lines which I find quite ironic.  They can say random all they want but this is in no way random.  They pick the smaller reports so that even a 0.25 mistake has the biggest impact on us.  Their games are so so petty for a so called company.  They are clearly only out for t ...

Workload At DTSOK Has Virtually Disappeared
Oct 10, 2012

Anyone know why the workload at DTSOK has virtually disappeared the past 2 weeks.  Any info provided would be appreciated...need to know if it is time to move on.  Thank you. ...

Virtually No Work, Main Account
Dec 31, 2012

and while we were Transcend, it was so busy we worked OT to keep up.  Now am lucky if I have consistent work.  I am so sick of this.  ...

REVERSALS
Oct 23, 2013

If one is lucky enough to get a FIASCO reversal, where does that eventually show up? Are we notified by email? Also, if we are lucky enough to get a manual line count for an ISR job that we actually had to manually type because the ISR interpretation was so bad, where do those lines eventually show up? On our pay stub? ...

Error Reversals On Fiesa?
Apr 24, 2013

I find some of these "errors" unbelievable.  I feel the need to contest a couple of these.  Anyone had much in the way of success with doing this or does it just tick off the reviewer and get you in deep doodoo? ...

Do QCs Get Penalized For Correction Reversals?
Oct 15, 2014

Just had 5 corrections reversed because a QC misunderstood the account specs. How do they get penalized for their mistakes? ...

Why I Won't Waste My Time Requesting Reversals Anymore.
Jan 27, 2015

When it is dictated that the patient had knee surgery, (a couple of other procedures), then says rotator cuff and patella surgery... would that be considered a repeat of the knee surgery?   How am I supposed to know if when he dictated this, he was referring to the same surgery or not?   I blanked it and got an error on a post audit.   If I had repeated a DX in the list, I would have been marked off for that---cannot win either way.      ...

Impossible To Keep Up Production
Jul 11, 2010

I transcribe reports, do ASR reports and I also do MME work.   I find it impossible when I an constantly "switching gears" every day on 5-6 accounts to maintain a decent production.  How can anyone keep up with knowing all the CP's and keeping track of all the details of each account plus do the production we are supposed to do?  If someone has a suggestion, let me know.  We keep getting all these e-mails from QC regarding a complaint from a customer ...

The Only Way To Improve The Already Impossible 99% Is To
Oct 10, 2012

and correct the doctor before mistakes are made or ASR populates incorrect words/phrases....unfrigginbelievable ...

Undoubtedly It Is Just Impossible To Make $100
May 20, 2011

I am just flying along thinking I am doing great.  The numbers just don't seem to be going up.  I think after 8 hours I SURELY made at least $100, but when I figure it, nope.  How can this be? ...

Just Had A Baby And Trying To Get Back To Working...impossible!
Dec 23, 2009

I just had a baby 6 weeks ago and I am trying to start back working which I am finding impossible.  I posted about this before I had my baby and a lot of you said that it was possible to work with a newborn......How!?  I am so stressed out because I need to start back working because we need the money but everytime I try to she starts crying or needs something.  For those of you who have experience with this, how did you work with a newborn in the house?  Please any tips and ...

Impossible To Make Decent Lines.
Feb 18, 2011

I have been put on 3 new accounts this week and I have been having a hell of a time making any lines at all this week. Now, I hardly get any work from my old account. Any suggestions on what I can do to improve my line count? ...

Why Is It Impossible To Find Out The Cost Of Andrews
Apr 27, 2015

Can someone give me at least a ballpark figure for the course?  I don't want to send and email and/or call just yet....still not even sure I can afford to do this.  :)  Thanks!   ...

Impossible To Make Any Money The Way The Line Count Is Set Up?
Jan 15, 2011

Is it just me or are these companies making it impossible to make any money the way the line count is set up?  I can type all day and make very close to minimum wage.  It never was this way before. ...

Impossible To How Many Full-time To Not Make Hours.
Jan 26, 2013

I haven't made by 80 hours per pay in quite a long time (almost a year).  I sure there are some of you out there, too.  They must not mind paying their portion of my benefits from health insurance to life insurance, STD, an on.  What is up with that?  I have never had a call saying I have to make my hours up or get called on the carpet for only sometimes putting in 50 hours or less.  I just don't get it! ...

IMPOSSIBLE To Make A Living Working At Nuance.
Aug 11, 2014

This is beyond insane. Why hire all these new people and pay for training and benefits only to have EVERYONE run out of work? It makes no business sense whatsoever. The person making these decisions must have received their MBA from a Cracker Jack's box. It's bad enough that we're being paid peanuts (pun intended), but to run out of work, too? Come on, people. Develop some sense and sensitivity. Thank you. ...

Anyone Receive A Reply From The Transcription Doctors Job Post On Their Post For Editscript MTs?
Mar 24, 2010

nm ...

Orthopedic Surgery, Is It Perineal Post Or Peroneal Post? NM
Feb 10, 2012

xx ...

RE: New Post Replies, Do They All Go To The Bottom Of The Original Post?
Jan 23, 2010

I don't remember that yet when I post lately it goes all the way to the bottom rather than immediately after the original post.  Perhaps I just never noticed it before.  Oh well... ...

Question On Post Vs Status Post
Oct 22, 2009

Sometimes I'm not sure what to do when they say "post" ... something. I know if it is postauricular (for example), it is attached ... but how about post aneurysmal surgery?  It does not seem like it would be attached.  - Is it proper to leave it stand-alone or should I change it to status post ... or actually attach it? Thanks in advance!!  ...

Audits/qa
Dec 03, 2009

Can somebody tell me what this audit/QA procedure is now?  I'm so confused with when they are done, how many reports are done, etc., etc.  I had been told earlier that 5 reports would be randomly pulled monthly and checked.  You would be notified you had been audited and the results.  If you passed, another 5 would be done the next month and so on.  If you didn't pass the audit, then a redo audit within 7-14 days would be done on another 5 random reports.  ...

Audits??
May 19, 2010

Does anyone else get QAs that were not turned in for a blank with percentages on them, but no audit reports stating that you have been audited? ...

TT Audits
May 10, 2011

Does anyone know how often TT does audits?  The last one I got was pretty nitpicky.  If my score goes lower, it will be probably unacceptable.  Do they fire you for that?  ...

Anyone Still Getting Qa Audits?
Jan 29, 2013

I am still getting QA audits.  One acct I am on audits once a week by contract. Wondered if anyone else is still getting QA feedback or is it quality in the dumper. ...

Audits - Huh?
Feb 04, 2015

I don't understand how auditing works.  Two of my reports were reviewed, and in each case, a word I had puit in had a line through it, but then it was replaced with the same exact word!  For that, I got marked off, getting only 99.50% or 99.75%.  I wish there was a way we could give direct feedback to the auditors at the time we're viewing our reports. ...

I Keep Going From 100% Audits To 98.7 Or 98.8
Feb 04, 2015

every week I will either get a "Congratulations, GREAT job- You are an excellent MT - I'm so glad to have you on my team! or a "Your quality is unacceptable at 98.7 (or whatever--it's always at least 98%)...you will need to take the Care Boost Quality class.  Jeesh.  What it is?  Am I a great MT or am I a failure of an MT who needs quality classes?  Make up your mind!!  Either leave me alone to do my job (yes do alert me of my mistakes, but if it's a simpl ...