A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Why I won't waste my time requesting reversals anymore. - HateThisPlace

Posted: Jan 27, 2015

When it is dictated that the patient had knee surgery, (a couple of other procedures), then says rotator cuff and patella surgery... would that be considered a repeat of the knee surgery?  

How am I supposed to know if when he dictated this, he was referring to the same surgery or not?  

I blanked it and got an error on a post audit.  

If I had repeated a DX in the list, I would have been marked off for that---cannot win either way. 

Here is their rationale... - HateThisPlace

[ In Reply To ..]
REJECTED: Physician specifically states again to add knee, rotator cuff and patella.

Ummmmm,no...he did not say again to add knee, rotator cuff and patella. Knee surgery was not in the same sentence as the patella.

Either leave it, take it out or the safest blank it, can't win...

EXACTLY!!! - HateThisPlace

[ In Reply To ..]
The only reason we have this new "Patient Safety Compensation Plan" is to pay us less, that's it! Has nothing to do with patient safety. Can't wait for the scheduled conference call - I'm sure it will be pointless but I am going to speak my mind just to make me feel better!

Shocked to see India staff QA's my reports and approves/disapproves my reversal requests. - amc

[ In Reply To ..]
How can someone from India be better at the English language than me? English is my first language and I have a college degree. I don't understand how they can be hired to proof my work!

A - because Nuance doesnt give a rat's - arse about quality, and B -

[ In Reply To ..]
Because they like it when Indian QA mark off things in error - more money in Scruance's pockets.

Ha Ha...Scruance! Love it! - amc

[ In Reply To ..]
Perfect nickname!

Because they can - pay them even less!

[ In Reply To ..]
which is hard to believe! Annoying and frustrating.

Similar Messages:

Requesting Time Off
Nov 14, 2013

Does anyone else having trouble getting an answer to requests for days off? Sometimes they aren't approved and it's 24 hours before! Then I have to email and wait for an answer.... Holidays are a nightmare. I think I make about 6 dollars an hour (seriously) Is that kind of pay really worth missing a holiday with my family? So sad, so stuck. ...

Looking For Policy On Requesting Time Off.
May 13, 2012

I am looking for the policy that will tell me how soon I can start requesting time off.  It seems like it is 60 days and 90 days for holidays???  Thanks. ...

A Big Waste Of Time
Jan 05, 2010

Got Duped again. Send my resume in, got ASKED to test, Feel I did excellent on the test, but get a mail back saying that they cannot hire me at this time. Knowing that no one ever gives you any explanation as to why you fail, I went ahead and sent a mail asking why.   The answer I received really threw me off. The answer was: "We require at least 3 years experience to hire".   My resume clearly states that I have almost 2 years exp so they made me test for absolutely NOTHING! GREAT ...

What A Waste Of My Time
Apr 08, 2014

Spent a long time testing this weekend to a company who shall remain nameless.  objective test really tough but I aced it. 5 dictations....I scored 96.6 out of 97. not good enuf. 19 years means nothing? on to bigger and better pastures... ...

Mttest.com - What A Waste Of My Time
Sep 17, 2010

I just had to say that when I see a company looking for MTs and they have to test through mttest, I cross them off my list of potential employment.  What a waste of my time.  Took it years ago and would never do it again.  There has to be some other way or just look at a person's resume and phone previous employers.  If I have over 25 years of experience, took pride in getting my CMT and have tons of experience in every specialty, chances are I am a good bet.  Just venting. ...

Dont Waste Your Time Trying To Fix ASR
Apr 17, 2012

One instance I sent something in and THEY spelled it wrong and blamed us for spelling it wrong in the reports..the rest of them I get,,, "I checked and there is nothing in the system for that to be happening...the MTs are doing it wrong so that ASR is picking it up and making it print out that way"  perhaps your manager needs to send out a message...Well if you mark it NEVER to capitalize then it should never capitalize and even if they are right how come on one report the stuff is capped a ...

Babbletype - Don't Waste Your Time On This Guy
May 30, 2012

Don't waste your time on this guy.  The test is ridiculous, and the pay is peanuts.  They are having offshore "transcribers" type GENERAL AND CORPORATE reports, and we all know how horrible OS "transcribers" are at figuring out the nuances of the English language.  Then the U.S. proofreader is going to have to fix all of the errors.  There will be no money to be made as an editor in this position.  OS "transcribers" can't even get the SOCIAL HISTORY section of a medical report rig ...

Whatever You Do, Do NOT Waste Your Time Responding To Any
Sep 24, 2012

MJOL ads.  This is a service requesting you to pay $110 for 3 months for their service!!  Complete waste of time!! ...

Your Favorite Waste Of Time Email?
Nov 12, 2012

As if we don't have enough BS to wade through and crap emails to read before trying to get a little money from them, I read an email that says "Here is a list of the previous MTIs that were renamed today."  Really?  Like that matters.  If I am going to spend my own time reading the emails that seem more like a trap on how they can keep from giving my my bonus, I would rather read a specific instruction....not that someone got paid to change the name of the instruction.  ...

Reversal Requests --why Do I Waste My Time?
Apr 16, 2015

Sent in request, my TM sent in on for next level.  Well, the powers above decided my placement of period and/or comma impacted the integrity of the record and should be scored as incorrect verbage rather than punctuation. The 1 point for verbage as opposed to .25 for punctuation makes that short report a fail.  Give us a frigging break.  Don't know why I waste my time.  Just when I calm down and think "working here isn't so bad", something l ...

Is Coding A Waste Of Time And Is It Really Be Outsourced To India?
May 20, 2010

this is quite worrisome! ...

So Free With Advice - Don't Waste Your Time/money
Mar 21, 2011

On the newbie page is yet another thread with nothing but mindless- "don't waste your money/time" posts from supposedly experienced MTs. Like it or not, MT isn't disappearing.  Neither is AHDI.  Like it or not, credentialing is going to be a fact of life if you're an MT.  I'm no big fan of AHDI either, but I have paid enough attention to what's going on in the industry to know what the wind is bringing in. The MTs who do little more than bash and dash, w ...

I Guess Keystrokes Didn't Waste Enough People's Time
Oct 20, 2014

posting the same jobs for which they received 735 responses, mine included. 31 years of experience, multispecialty, 3 compatible computers, and must have got 100% on the easiest 'test' I've ever taken...I wonder which of us will 'get a life' first...and who's the bigger fool at this point, the poster or responders... jes' sayin'--know what I mean KB? ...

REVERSALS
Oct 23, 2013

If one is lucky enough to get a FIASCO reversal, where does that eventually show up? Are we notified by email? Also, if we are lucky enough to get a manual line count for an ISR job that we actually had to manually type because the ISR interpretation was so bad, where do those lines eventually show up? On our pay stub? ...

Error Reversals On Fiesa?
Apr 24, 2013

I find some of these "errors" unbelievable.  I feel the need to contest a couple of these.  Anyone had much in the way of success with doing this or does it just tick off the reviewer and get you in deep doodoo? ...

Do QCs Get Penalized For Correction Reversals?
Oct 15, 2014

Just had 5 corrections reversed because a QC misunderstood the account specs. How do they get penalized for their mistakes? ...

Reversals On Post Audits Are Virtually Impossible?
Aug 08, 2012

So from new info I just got, post audit scores are virtually impossible to reverse.  So apparently the people in that deptartment, QA or QC - whicever it is, must be Goddesses as that would imply they never make mistakes.  Our bonuses hinge entirely on these particular audits and they are WRITTEN IN STONE.  I find this kind of outrageous.   There is no human being who is perfect, so I have to assume that Nuance has hired this crew from Mt Olympus (I suppose they m ...

Remedy - No "time Off Without Pay" Anymore?!!!
Dec 26, 2013

Just went into Remedy to report NJA, and went to check "time off w/o pay", and that option is no longer there!  Now it's just "PTO" or "make up time!"  So now they are saying even though they can't supply us the work during our scheduled shift, they expect us to either dip into our vacation days (of which there are very few, and they expect us to take the holidays as a vacation day as we get no paid holidays) or we have to cut into our family time/weekends to make up the time ...

REQUESTING OT -- I JUST GOT NJA!!
Jan 22, 2015

x ...

Requesting Off For A Holiday..Can Someone Tell Me
Mar 28, 2010

me where to find the holiday request off rule --not more than 60 days or something like that.  I cant find it on MQ Central.  If you know the rule or how to find it on MQ Central that would be great!! ...

Is Requesting And Referring The Same Thing?
Oct 17, 2011

Is a requesting doctor the same thing as a referring doctor? ...

Requesting Advice On Computer Specs
Mar 06, 2014

Since I'm still using Windows XP, I need to change to Windows 7 OS to be HIPAA-compliant.  I will either buy a new computer or have one built for me.  Since price is a huge factor, I would like to spend the money on only the most important features (RAM and sound card).  Could anyone please advise me on how much RAM, size of hard drive, best sound card without going overboard, etc?  Preloaded or built from scratch?  Desktop or laptop? Like I said, since money is so ...

Ejection Fraction Is Questionable Of 50% And Angle 40%. I Am Requesting A S/l Maga
Aug 05, 2011

TIA ...

Referring Physician Vs Requesting Physician
Apr 30, 2013

What is the difference between referring physician and requesting physician? ...

QA Keeps Changing Pro-time To Pro-time Or Pro-time Or Pro-time....once And For All, Which Is Correct
Apr 07, 2011

x ...

I Can't Take It Anymore!!
Jan 18, 2010

I have had 6 (SIX!) reports come through, all having the same mush-mouthed, fast talking, whispering, ESL doctor.  Oh, and the sing-song thing is really about to make me blow my stack. I swear, he is so bad that I can't even understand the patient's name!!!! I am going to pull my hair out.  Yep, I feel it coming.  It takes me forever just to get through ONE of his reports.  He gets so many blanks that I honestly feel sorry for the QA person that end ...

Not An MT Anymore!!
Apr 25, 2011

Working at .075 cpl for ScribeRight I made a whopping 12K in 2009. Wow - let's all run out and take MT classes to jump on that bandwagon.  Anyway, I quit my MTSO pimp and went to work for a well-known Italian restaurant chain in 2010. I work in the kitchen 6 hours a day for 5 days a week (Mon-Fri lunch shift with no nighttime or weekend shifts) and make about 15% more than I did as an MT. I am not an IC anymore but rather an employee, so I saved a bunch on my social ...

I Just Don't Know Anymore
Feb 27, 2012

My bubble has been burst.  I was with eTransPlus when the Q swallowed them up and then I left.  Now, I'm with another MTSO and it's awful.  I've only been MTing for 5 years.  I was an office nurse (LPN) for 13 years before that and I wanted a change.  My first job was with a great company and then the huge acct I was on was bought out by an MTSO, so I had the choice of being laid off or going to IC status.  I chose to be laid off thinking I could draw ...

I Can't Do This Anymore
Aug 01, 2013

I just cannot do this anymore with MMmodal.  I cannot sit here for 14 hours a day for 800 lines.  I am completely broke, have no food in the house, and am more depressed than I have ever been in my entire life.  I'm in a constant state of panic, have been sending out applications and resumes, but am so far in the hole financially I will never get out.  I just don't understand how a company can do this to people and live with what they are doing.  I cannot even ...

I Cant Take It Anymore. What Can We Do
Aug 29, 2013

Reading these posts, watching women post about how to work the system to keep their piddly minimum wage/unemployment coming in while MM finds yet another way to screw us over.  It makes me sick to think of what we have become.  The experience we have, the expertise we are still expected to have, and yet we sit here discussing how to keep getting our minimum freakin wage. Do you not all see how WRONG THIS IS?  All we do is complain, or let them beat us down until we quit. How is i ...