A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

It still irks me that I can't ask for another "ear" without getting penalized! - Daisy

Posted: Feb 10, 2011

How in the world are we supposed to learn anything new if we can't ask for help without the penalty of being docked and/or audited??  Are blanks supposed to be better than education? Do the docs truly like to see blanks in their reports? This company sucks big time!

Don't try to make sense of it. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
It's a contradictory system they have in place. The outward emphasis is on quality, but the implicit message is only enough quality to avoid being dumped by the client and to ensure maximum profit. That is why they demand both perfect reports as well as minimal blanks from indecipherable audio. Indeed, that is why the whole pay structure incentivizes maximum output while the auditing process discourages it. The MT is left with the unenviable task of trying to resolve the dissonance of such demands out of fear of termination. Those who make these policies are removed from their consequences by design; they have all the numbers they can point to--line counts, number of blanks, audit scores, etc.--to hold the MT accountable, while the MT is left to try to explain why he or she wasn't able to comply with what are essentially impossible demands.

sense in a crazy world - a1typist

[ In Reply To ..]
Amen sister!!! There is no sense to be made of all of this. Just wish they would lay me off some days, but I could never be that lucky.

Similar Messages:

This Just Irks Me...
Jul 11, 2012

A couple months ago when we started getting the NSA message and the TL was insisting that we make up the time, I did some investigation. First, they OFFER us flex time when THEY need it, yet when we need our schedules flexed for something pertaining to us its a big no-no....I contacted HR and found out IT IS NOT MANDATORY that we MAKE UP TIME when there is NSA. It is simply AVAILABLE TO US should we want to make up the time. BUT, the TL's insist we make up our hours lost due to NSA...hence, ...

This Just Irks Me.....s/m
Jan 21, 2014

Rate Type / Statistical Type Entry level Median Experienced Annual wage or salary: $22,500 $29,243 $34,091 Hourly wage: $10.82 $14.05 $16.39 Wage Data Source: Labor Market Statistics, Occupational Employment Statistics & Wages Program I have over 25 years experience but yet I make $10-12/hour on average. ...

Something That Irks Me Today..........
Dec 09, 2009

So our CCM emails us saying when our work dries up there will be a certain account that we will help out on (as we have in the past).  She apologizes, saying she knows this is a very "difficult account, but we need to leave as few QA markers as possible."  This just rubs me the wrong way.  She's right--it's difficult alright--- but not in the way she is implying.  She implies it's difficult because of the "difficult" terminology used in all the cardiac cathete ...

Penalized?
Mar 03, 2010

just to play it safe, i know next month starts the wonderful 10% submission and being penalized for it, but today if we send reports straight to qa, will they deduct us for anything??  I feel like i have a big knot in my stomach and my fingers can't move.  I feel like I am 6 years old again and its my first day of school.  I feel so paranoid about mq.  ...

Penalized For Blanks?
Aug 15, 2013

I thought I just saw something on here that said that we were being charged for blanks?  Are they actually doing this? If so I have not seen anything stating it.   ...

I Won't Be Penalized For Doing The Right Thing
Apr 23, 2015

Probity was a great company.  Nuance took over and well, you know the rest.  Approved my first time sheet on the new-new plan and got 7 cpl for QC over 10%, but 100% QA.  I will NOT work somewhere that I am penalized for thinking about patient safety and sending a horrible doctor's reports to QC for blanks.  Nuance, you can kiss my!   I'm done!  ...

Why Are We Being Penalized For QC Percentage Over 10%?!
Apr 27, 2015

This past pay period because my QC percentage was over 10% both weeks I calculated lost wages of almost $400.  The first week my quality was 100%, the second 99.7%.  The second week my QC percent was just a hair over 10%, but I of course ended up on the bottom of the pay grid, a difference of $150 for the week.  I don't send reports to QC because I'm lazy.  Why should we continue to get penalized for bad dictators, unknown names/business entities on new accounts, et ...

IC Tax - Pay Your SE Taxes Quarterly Or You Get Penalized
Feb 02, 2010

I have heard people on here say you have to pay your SE taxes quarterly or you get penalized.  I didn't do that.  I took my stuff to H&R block and they did my taxes with just a regular SE status, added to my employee status for my employee job.  They asked me if i had paid in anything and I told them no, but I didn't get penalized in any way.  Is that normal?  I am asking if the IRS will come back later and penalize me, or is that it, I just pay them at the end of the year and ...

Do QCs Get Penalized For Correction Reversals?
Oct 15, 2014

Just had 5 corrections reversed because a QC misunderstood the account specs. How do they get penalized for their mistakes? ...

Has Anyone Been Penalized For Not Reaching Required Lines When There Is Simply No Work To Do?
Nov 06, 2014

I keep running out of work and cannot work a 12-hour shift simply to make lines needed. ...