A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Can QA fairly be called "correction"? - will

Posted: Sep 11, 2012

Recently a guy from the state called asking if the MTSO regularly "corrects" MT work. The answer is... what is the answer?

I mean, an MT corrects their own work, to the best of their ability. If you get stumped on some bad audio or weird name or medication or medical term and Google fails, Word Help board fails, you send it to QA, and they try to fill in the final blanks.

But is that really "correction"? Because the MT (if they aren't slacking and/or incompetent) knew they didn't know, and sent it to QA not to correct mistakes they made, but to fill in blanks they left/double-check their best guesses. 

And the MT gets back a completed version showing what the "correct" answers were. But I don't feel if it was me, that I'd have been "corrected;" it's more like you're getting instructional feedback from QA so that next time you hear that term, you're golden.

But the state seems to consider it "correction" for purposes of determining IC status vs. employee. Is that fair?

Corrections - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I never receive a report back that just needs to fill in a blank, mostly having to redo the entire report. I do not believe they would consider it to determine IC status versus employee. I send back the final draft to her but do not tell her how to do her job, even though a certain client sure tells me, as one of my accounts is mostly templated. Even IC work has some instructions.

Similar Messages:

S/L EMCET Was Called; Patient Was In PEA. MSET? M CET? Team Was Called
Oct 02, 2012

xx ...

What's A Fairly Hourly Rate?
May 19, 2011

I've been out of the transcription loop for the last 2 years while I've been getting my registered nursing degree.   I did transcription for 20 years until I got tired of the nonsense.  I'm done with school, studying to take my boards, but have been offered an hourly part-time position.  Can someone tell me what hourly pay is going for now?   I was production paid for most of my transcribing years for the last few years I took an hourly employee ...

Need Advice; Fairly New At Medquist
Jun 07, 2011

Hi.  Sure glad to find a place where I can "talk" to other MTs who work where I do, different than what I am used to, as I was used to being able to email co-workers!  It gets lonely.  And I don't get much info from my supervisor.  Anyone work on the SSM Accounts?  Know what has happened to the work?  I am wondering whether I should just start working for my second job full time.  It is straight transcription, a small company, and I get no benefits but muc ...

As A Fairly New Ambulatory Employee (less Than 6 Mos)
Dec 03, 2014

I understand nothing of this.  I don't understand FIESA because I was not under it.  However, what I do understand is a cut in pay.  I'm doing well right now if make $200.00/week, mostly OOW, working a total of probably 3 days a week, and $200/week is actually on the higher side of the estimate.  So, here is my prayer for me and all you warriors.  Come Lord Jesus, come.  Deliver us out of Egypt, from this Pharaoh known as Nuance.  Such deception is a ...

Patient Continued To Run A Fairly High (s/l) Captovil
Jun 27, 2013

cantovil/captobil      Patient is 3-year-old boy with Kawasaki ...

Fairly New And Was Pleasantly Surprised To Get A Generous Bonus
Dec 10, 2014

Is this a profit sharing bonus or do we normally get a bonus around Thanksgiving every year, and will we also get a Christmas bonus. Thx ...

Are There Any Companies That Have Good Health Insurance And Fairly Cheap? Sm
Feb 03, 2011

I go to the doctor a lot and have a lot of prescriptions, so I need a company that has good health insurance, and hopefully doesn't charge a lot for it.  I used to work at OSi and was thinking about going back there, but another poster on here said their insurance is $1000 a month for family!!!  Thanks for your help!      ...

Are There Any Good Quality Fairly Inexpensive Alternatives To ExpressScribe?
Sep 28, 2013

Was given some sample dictation to listen to and could play it on Google Chrome and it sounded very clear, but when I played it with Express Scribe (even using the special audio processes) it sounded a lot worse - more like in a tin can and a bit scratchy. For the "real" dictation, I'll have to use ExpressScribe or some other player. Thanks for the suggestions. ...

Correction, Correction, Correction
May 17, 2014

A million times throughout the report.  How do you keep you keep your sanity or make a decentl living with all these dictators?   ...

A Correction I Got
Jan 22, 2015

This is a correction and a reply that I got today:   I typed:  His dialysis and primary care doctor are at Keck USC.   Correction:  His dialysis and primary care doctor is at Keck USC.    I questioned this correction and here is the answer I got:  "The correction appears to me to be correct.  It should be a singular verb.  "Doctor" is a singular noun.  Implies that the dialysis and primary doc is one and the same."  Am I off my rock ...

Does Anyone Do VR That Requires Very Little Correction (sm)
Nov 28, 2011

or does VR generally require a lot of corrections?  Is one platform better than another?  I have done just a little bit of VR on EditScript and for the most part it requires very, very few corrections.  ...

Timecard Correction
Nov 26, 2013

I forgot to clock out today and can't remember how to fix that in time schedule or whatever it is called.  Anyone remember? ...

Overpaid--ASR Rate Correction
Jan 25, 2010

How many others got notified that they've been overpaid for ASR lines, and as of Jan 1 the rate is going to be put back to 60% of the transcription base rate. Supposedly they found this during a recent audit? How does this company stay in business??? ...

CORRECTION To Previous Post
Sep 29, 2012

The company I saw an ad for was Administrative "Assistance"  (out of Michigan) - not Administrative "Associates" - my mistake! ...

Do QCs Get Penalized For Correction Reversals?
Oct 15, 2014

Just had 5 corrections reversed because a QC misunderstood the account specs. How do they get penalized for their mistakes? ...

If Only I Was Paid By The Correction. I Would Be Rich!
Mar 14, 2015

And for every correction I make, IT should be docked for their shameful performance. ...

Anyone Out There Heard New Lowered Pay For MTs Is A Market Correction?
Sep 21, 2010

Pay has been cut by 25%, told we are lucky to have a job, that we have easy accounts,  and that our pay is a "market correction". That's encouragement from an employer! ...

Trending And Correction Report Percentage
Oct 26, 2014

Has anyone figured out how the h____ this new trending and correction report percentage is working on Fiesa. Are they cherry picking the most difficult doctors to audit and skipping over the physicians that would balance the percentage score. That thing is so skewed, I cannot figure out for the life of me what it is suppose to reveal. It is totally biased against the MLS from what I can understand. ...

Right Hallux Valgus Correction Utilizing "prox-extenic" Osteotomy And Distal Soft Tissue P
May 07, 2011

nm ...

I Think He's Used The Word "correction" More Than He
Apr 09, 2012

I'm going nuts.  Fortunately I don't get this guy often, but it's 11 minutes of him dictating and correcting himself and starting his thoughts over again.  Aaaaagggghhhh!!!!!   Whew!!  Thanks.  I just had to get that off my chest.  My cats are tired of hearing me shout.   And no, he's NOT an ESL . ...

What Is That Called?
Dec 08, 2009

When they rub your sternum with knuckles?   Doc says . . . No response to s/l noxic stimuli. ...

Has Anyone Every Heard Of A Lab Called A BVV?
Nov 20, 2009

This is an NP dictating on a pt newly placed on Coumadin for DVT. ...

My CCM Just Called. I Just Got Audited.
Jun 15, 2011

I hope this post quells some tempers and fears.  Obviously there are a lot of audits going on.  I got the call and my CCM said "just wanted to let you know that you are going great.  You were audited and are right where you need to be with quality and are above production level".  She said thank you very much and that she appreciated my hard work.  I asked her if she ever frequented this board, she said yes.  I told her about the firing posts and she said that peo ...

Patient Called 9-1-1 Or 911?
Mar 25, 2011

So-called Testing
Jan 29, 2012

Let me see if I got this right. You send me a few voice files.  You send me a few templates.  You send NO other instructions whatsoever.  I wing it, based on my years of experience and common sense.  The fact that I left out a blurb the speaker "always" wants in there (but never dictated) causes me to fail your so-called test? A blessing in disguise I think.  You should add "needs to be a mind reader" in your job post. ...

My Son Called Me Last Night
Jul 09, 2012

coming to a Holiday Inn where he lives. He said they advertised "Medical Transcription jobs - earn $40,000 a year!"  He thought I could use a good laugh. Thanks, son. ...

TTT-Anyone Called Back?
Sep 30, 2012

Anyone here called to work again for TTT? If so, are you chosing to upgrade your own PC or buy one from the company?   ...

New Radiology Ccm Or Whatever They Are Called Now
Oct 19, 2012

okay, since they fired our old manager and this new person took over, i spend more time out of work than i do working...also, the ONLY reports i get now are over 2 minutes long (in case you didn't know, radiology is paid by report)...i used to be able to bust my butt, but make a decent living...in the past two weeks, my pay has dropped by about 45% due to lack of work and distribution of reports....all since this mangament change...i don't know if she is giving them all to her old team ...

Anyone Ever Hear From Their CCM Or Whatever They Are Called Now
Feb 06, 2013

Got a new one, my 4th in a year btw, and the last one I heard from every day, at least 10 times a day with calls, e mails, etc.  This one started probably 2 weeks ago, haven't had a call from her to introduce herself, no e mail, no reply to my e mail...nothing. It is either feast or famine I guess.  I just hope when it is time for vacay,I hear from her but if I don't, guess she won't miss me when I'm gone ...

Nuance Called Me!!
Nov 12, 2014

Nuance actually called me out of the blue today regarding a job...I have heard A LOT of miserable things about them...do they still ring true?? ...