A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Does anyone do VR that requires very little correction (sm) - pearl

Posted: Nov 28, 2011

or does VR generally require a lot of corrections?  Is one platform better than another?  I have done just a little bit of VR on EditScript and for the most part it requires very, very few corrections. 

RE: Does anyone do VR that requires very little correction - LDMC

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm assuming since you are asking this question that you are just starting out working with VR. I too do VR on EditScript. The answer is that it depends on how well the VR "knows" the speaker, meaning (in general) if the doctor has been in the system for a long time it will recognize a little better and require less corrections. However, it still can be ridiculously bad even for "old" speakers. I refuse to do VR reports from newer speakers. It can be absolutely terrible and you can end up retyping almost everything and getting paid for editing instead of typing. I just had one last night that took me over an hour and I made less than 4 dollars. I have been doing this for almost 7 years so I know what I'm doing. VR is a scam for MTs; we are training it to do our jobs.

I work on Dictaphone ExText. Some days it is - me

[ In Reply To ..]
really good, and some days it is garbage on very good dictators. I have one PA and she is a dream dictator. For the most part VR gets the text correctly, but punctuation is off, headings not done correctly. Overall very little correction needed.

I have one doctor who I would not have put him on VR, but he isn't horrible. VR gives me complete garbage and how they get what they do I don't know because it isn't anywhere near what was said.

I think you may not have used it very long - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
You'll be making lots of corrections.

As the original poster.....I have done just a little (sm) - pearl

[ In Reply To ..]
VR on EditScript, I'd say less than a total of 7000 lines and I am already averaging 300-400 lines per hour. There is very little correction to do. All headers are formatted correctly. From what I am reading on the board, this isn't the norm. I am just wondering if the hospital or MTSO just isn't training the system correctly. This account had very particular rules about what to correct and what not to correct.

Similar Messages:

Correction, Correction, Correction
May 17, 2014

A million times throughout the report.  How do you keep you keep your sanity or make a decentl living with all these dictators?   ...

A Correction I Got
Jan 22, 2015

This is a correction and a reply that I got today:   I typed:  His dialysis and primary care doctor are at Keck USC.   Correction:  His dialysis and primary care doctor is at Keck USC.    I questioned this correction and here is the answer I got:  "The correction appears to me to be correct.  It should be a singular verb.  "Doctor" is a singular noun.  Implies that the dialysis and primary doc is one and the same."  Am I off my rock ...

Timecard Correction
Nov 26, 2013

I forgot to clock out today and can't remember how to fix that in time schedule or whatever it is called.  Anyone remember? ...

Windows 7 With Platform That Requires XP
Aug 11, 2011

Ok here is my question.  Does anyone have Windows 7 Professional on their computer and use it for a platform that requires Windows XP?  The reason I'm asking is...I want to buy a new computer but you cannot get Windows XP any longer, only Windows 7.  I talked to tech support at Dell and they told me that if I am wanting XP, I will need to go with Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate.  They said that XP runs inside of that, whatever that means.  I am wondering since X ...

Requires At Least 1 Weekend Day To Work?
Nov 21, 2011

I've applied at Probity, Accentus and RI Transciption.  Anyone currently working at these companies and if so, do they require weekend work?  I cannot find any scheduling requirements such as Sunday-Thur or Tues through Saturday.  I prefer M-F but I know that's out with most companies.  Thanks !! ...

Just Saw That Texas Requires Coders To Be
Sep 29, 2012

I was just looking at the Tarrant County College website.  It is in Ft Worth.  It said that medical coders in Texas are required to be certified.  Anyone have more info on that? I think it is a great idea.   ...

Overpaid--ASR Rate Correction
Jan 25, 2010

How many others got notified that they've been overpaid for ASR lines, and as of Jan 1 the rate is going to be put back to 60% of the transcription base rate. Supposedly they found this during a recent audit? How does this company stay in business??? ...

CORRECTION To Previous Post
Sep 29, 2012

The company I saw an ad for was Administrative "Assistance"  (out of Michigan) - not Administrative "Associates" - my mistake! ...

Do QCs Get Penalized For Correction Reversals?
Oct 15, 2014

Just had 5 corrections reversed because a QC misunderstood the account specs. How do they get penalized for their mistakes? ...

If Only I Was Paid By The Correction. I Would Be Rich!
Mar 14, 2015

And for every correction I make, IT should be docked for their shameful performance. ...

Tips On How To Land A Job That Requires Experience? Have You Ever...
Jan 21, 2011

landed a job that required experience that you did not have? I am getting so very frustrated. I have a job now that covers maybe a week and a half of groceries every month. I am pretty new to this field, but due to a ridiculously long college program, I have studied for well over a year and I know my stuff. I test very well and I know what I am doing. All I want at this point is a job with work available, but all of the decent deals seem to require experience. I just need some way around this. I ...

Wage And Hour Board Requires OT Pay.
Oct 11, 2012

The U.S. Dept. of Labor requires time and a half pay for all hours over 40 worked in a work week.  (I think only if employee status.)  We are considered piecemeal workers and indeed are eligible for OT pay. This is to be paid at time and a half of your calculated average pay.  I think Nuance is good about paying OT pay as you log in and out on their time clock.  It is time we start including OT hours on our invoices.  You might want to calculate your average hourly r ...

Anyone Out There Heard New Lowered Pay For MTs Is A Market Correction?
Sep 21, 2010

Pay has been cut by 25%, told we are lucky to have a job, that we have easy accounts,  and that our pay is a "market correction". That's encouragement from an employer! ...

Trending And Correction Report Percentage
Oct 26, 2014

Has anyone figured out how the h____ this new trending and correction report percentage is working on Fiesa. Are they cherry picking the most difficult doctors to audit and skipping over the physicians that would balance the percentage score. That thing is so skewed, I cannot figure out for the life of me what it is suppose to reveal. It is totally biased against the MLS from what I can understand. ...

Didn't Know MQ Requires Credit/background Check
Nov 18, 2009

nm ...

Why Silent Type Requires An In-house Training?
Jun 20, 2010

Does anybody know why Silent Type requires an in-house training?  Is the platform so complicated that it can't be done through a Webinar or even just on the phone?  I've worked for a few places over the years, and there was nothing that couldn't be handled in a phone call with, at most, some graphics in a Go To Meeting type deal.  I just find it curious and makes me worry, like--if the platform is that cumbersome and complicated, do I want to work for them? Even when I w ...

Where Can I Find The Policy That Requires Us To Have A Quality Score Of 99%?
Jul 06, 2012

I am under quality review from my supervisor. My quality score was 97.9%, and my reports are being graded in India from the same 3 people. I asked if I could have some new QAs/QCs because I think they are biased. I was told that was not possible. This is part of my quality review email from my main supervisor. I don't have a permanet TL now: You have until the end of next week to get your quality scores up to 98% and staying there on a consistent basis, or your employm ...

Keystrokes - B4, Docuscribe Platform, Meditech, C-phone (requires ULD)
Nov 20, 2009

Could anybody please describe these platforms and which one(s) are the better?    B4, Docuscribe platform, Meditech, C-phone (requires ULD).  Thank you. ...

Company Requires "professional Liability Insurance" Through Employer.
Jun 04, 2010

Does anyone have experience with this? I am not sure what to think.  I feel that the record is the responsibility of the author and/or the supervising physician.  ...

Amphion Requires "verifiable Download Time"??
Sep 25, 2010

On the first page of the Amphion job application, they're saying that you have to have a verifiable download time of 768 kbps or thereabouts, and they have a link so you can test this. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this have to do with the volume load at any given time? Are they serious, owned by a major ISP, or what? My speed for Bellsouth lowest speed DSL was only a third that speed, but on a weekend... ...

Right Hallux Valgus Correction Utilizing "prox-extenic" Osteotomy And Distal Soft Tissue P
May 07, 2011

nm ...

Can QA Fairly Be Called "correction"?
Sep 11, 2012

Recently a guy from the state called asking if the MTSO regularly "corrects" MT work. The answer is... what is the answer? I mean, an MT corrects their own work, to the best of their ability. If you get stumped on some bad audio or weird name or medication or medical term and Google fails, Word Help board fails, you send it to QA, and they try to fill in the final blanks. But is that really "correction"? Because the MT (if they aren't slacking and/or incompetent) knew they didn't kno ...

I Think He's Used The Word "correction" More Than He
Apr 09, 2012

I'm going nuts.  Fortunately I don't get this guy often, but it's 11 minutes of him dictating and correcting himself and starting his thoughts over again.  Aaaaagggghhhh!!!!!   Whew!!  Thanks.  I just had to get that off my chest.  My cats are tired of hearing me shout.   And no, he's NOT an ESL . ...