A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

overpaid--ASR rate correction - speechless

Posted: Jan 25, 2010

How many others got notified that they've been overpaid for ASR lines, and as of Jan 1 the rate is going to be put back to 60% of the transcription base rate. Supposedly they found this during a recent audit? How does this company stay in business???

Nope,no notice... guess I have always been underpaid! - thought it was 60% for a long time

[ In Reply To ..]
Consider yourself lucky that you were overpaid... sure wish I was.

No notice here either. ALWAYS BEEN PAIDE 60% LESS - for ASR work!!! ALWAYS!

[ In Reply To ..]
I will never know how to increase ASR.

ASR rate correction-me too - oops

[ In Reply To ..]
Yup, got the e-mail Thursday. I have been sick to my stomach ever since. I have spent the weekend and today on the internet putting in applications for jobs other than transcribing/editing. This is the final straw. My account is like 98% ASR. My paycheck was nearly $300 less. Thats 600 a month roughly.

I cannot take this any longer. This is a profession, not a sweat shop, or is it?

I know there are those you claim to have inreased their lph dramatically on ASR. I have not, and I have a lot of experience and have always been very good at this, until ASR came along.

I am in tears right now if you look at me wrong. I feel beaten down and defeated. There is never any change in this company that helps us do a better job or make more money. Every time I start feeling like at least things have evened out, something like this happens.

For the money I now make, I don't have to be killing my wrists, my neck and my back. And I don't have to be insulted at every turn of the road.

If anybody out there can tell me how to increase my line count by at least 40% I would love you. I mean really how to increase it. Not little handy hints that may come out to one extra report a shift.

My pay is now roughly 50% of what it was when we went on DQS. Unfortunately my living expenses are the same.

I guess I'm glad I was not the only one this happened to, but almost wish I was. Hate to think there are others going through a crisis right now like I am.

Enough!

One more thing - oops

[ In Reply To ..]
How is it fair that some of us have all ASR and some have the mix I was told to expect, like 60/40.

And some still have no ASR?

What equation did they use to support that our line count would increase by 40% so they could pay us 40% less?

Especially in a company so top-heavy with people being paid salary. Has the guy who does the survey on MQCentral gotten any kind of pay cut?

Okay, I think I am done now.

I know how you feel. Felt like you for the last 2 years. - Take ASR classes.

[ In Reply To ..]
You have to take ASR classes. Speak up during those classes and demand for them to tell you how to increase your ASR rate. I did! I spoke and told them, "I BEG YOU AND I MEAN I TRULY BEG YOU TELL ME HOW TO INCREASE MY LINE COUNT WITH ASR!!!"

What happened when you begged them - to tell you s/m

[ In Reply To ..]
how to increase your line count at the classes? Did they tell you? If they did, could you tell us what you learned?

Hope this helps! - The 2 teachers felt bad.
[ In Reply To ..]
Most of the other MT's agreed with me right after "I BEGGED THE TEACHERS TO TELL US WHAT TO DO." The other MT's stated, "Yes, tell us what to do." "Hey tell us everything you know." "Yeah!"

One of my accounts in the "Allergy Section" is to be listed, numbered,and capitalized, but ASR puts the drugs in small case and puts them in a sentence.
I learned to use Control, Shift A to capitalize the drugs instead of retyping the drugs.

Make the sound go as fast as you can with you comprehending it. Focus, focus, focus what the dictator is saying and if it makes sense. I once had ASR in Mickey Mouse mode and I ended up getting the diagnosis wrong. Diagnosis was supposed to say "Knee pain" and I left the ASR way, "New pain." After all, the doctor truly sounded like he said new pain, but of course it does not make sense and I was not paying attention and focusing.

Use Control and Right arrow to move forward word by word instead of just hitting the arrow key as you go along.

Hope some of this helps. Should sign up for class and think of questions now to ask.

Go to the VR/speech recognition board. - Very helpful info. NO MESSAGE BELOW
[ In Reply To ..]
XX

ASR classes - oops

[ In Reply To ..]
Did it work? Did you increase your line count to at least 40% more of straight MT work?
By taking the class, yes it did increase line count. - Still learning though.
[ In Reply To ..]
What I am noticing now, I am misspelling my words more when I type.

I have taken the class 3 times now. You have to focus and have to be a bit ahead of yourself. You start to see errors before the dictator gets to that section of error. I would start writing down a lot of questions you may have and directly ask them during the class. DO NOT BE SHY!! They have no idea who you are and frankly, could careless. You are there to be taught and you ask the questions. Do not even have to give them your name. No question is dumb or stupid. In fact, there are a lot of questions that others are glad you asked.
Forgot something! - Ask your Manager
[ In Reply To ..]
to sign you up for the class and when the class will be posted. Demand it.

overpaid--ASR rate correction - kittykat

[ In Reply To ..]
I got the same notice. I thought I was being paid correctly. Looking back at past pay stubs and refiguring everything, I can see no difference, I have been getting the 60%. I do not have my most recent pay stub. I have a call into my CML, but no call back yet. What a crock when you have to change every third word and put in words ASR misses and change whole phrases that do not even make sense.

just curious, - does your

[ In Reply To ..]
paycheck state the two different line rates? Are you saying that on paper it looks as though you are making two different rates for typing, yet you have been paid the higher rate for all lines, both straight and ASR?

Got the same notice - BMC

[ In Reply To ..]
I got the same email!

Similar Messages:

Are Nuance Communications Executives Overpaid?
Dec 03, 2013

Here is an article of interest to stockholders of Nuance. Money quote:________ "For better or worse, every time you buy a stock, you're effectively endorsing the underlying organization's practices. If you are a Nuance shareholder, you're endorsing the fact that five executives have gotten rich at the expense of the company's profitability. This practice may have undermined shareholder wealth, which hasn't been to your benefit. In addition, this practice is not nec ...

Correction, Correction, Correction
May 17, 2014

A million times throughout the report.  How do you keep you keep your sanity or make a decentl living with all these dictators?   ...

A Correction I Got
Jan 22, 2015

This is a correction and a reply that I got today:   I typed:  His dialysis and primary care doctor are at Keck USC.   Correction:  His dialysis and primary care doctor is at Keck USC.    I questioned this correction and here is the answer I got:  "The correction appears to me to be correct.  It should be a singular verb.  "Doctor" is a singular noun.  Implies that the dialysis and primary doc is one and the same."  Am I off my rock ...

Does Anyone Do VR That Requires Very Little Correction (sm)
Nov 28, 2011

or does VR generally require a lot of corrections?  Is one platform better than another?  I have done just a little bit of VR on EditScript and for the most part it requires very, very few corrections.  ...

Timecard Correction
Nov 26, 2013

I forgot to clock out today and can't remember how to fix that in time schedule or whatever it is called.  Anyone remember? ...

CORRECTION To Previous Post
Sep 29, 2012

The company I saw an ad for was Administrative "Assistance"  (out of Michigan) - not Administrative "Associates" - my mistake! ...

Do QCs Get Penalized For Correction Reversals?
Oct 15, 2014

Just had 5 corrections reversed because a QC misunderstood the account specs. How do they get penalized for their mistakes? ...

If Only I Was Paid By The Correction. I Would Be Rich!
Mar 14, 2015

And for every correction I make, IT should be docked for their shameful performance. ...

Anyone Out There Heard New Lowered Pay For MTs Is A Market Correction?
Sep 21, 2010

Pay has been cut by 25%, told we are lucky to have a job, that we have easy accounts,  and that our pay is a "market correction". That's encouragement from an employer! ...

Trending And Correction Report Percentage
Oct 26, 2014

Has anyone figured out how the h____ this new trending and correction report percentage is working on Fiesa. Are they cherry picking the most difficult doctors to audit and skipping over the physicians that would balance the percentage score. That thing is so skewed, I cannot figure out for the life of me what it is suppose to reveal. It is totally biased against the MLS from what I can understand. ...

What Is The Average Benefit Rate/PTO Rate? Friends I Talk To
Dec 05, 2012

Their way of figuring it is so convoluted.  I wonder if they keep us all low like that.  ...

Line Rate Pay Versus Audio Minute Rate Pay
Mar 18, 2013

Can anyone tell me if line rate pay is comparable to getting paid by the audio minute? Is 0.50 or 1.00 normal? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks! ...

MQ Pays 1 Rate For 100% QA, A Lower Rate For Non 100%. How Do You
Oct 29, 2011

ty ...

Piece Rate/line Rate
Apr 19, 2012

Would someone please tell me what the "piece rate" is on the check stub - and where does it show line rate?  Thank you. ...

Right Hallux Valgus Correction Utilizing "prox-extenic" Osteotomy And Distal Soft Tissue P
May 07, 2011

nm ...

Can QA Fairly Be Called "correction"?
Sep 11, 2012

Recently a guy from the state called asking if the MTSO regularly "corrects" MT work. The answer is... what is the answer? I mean, an MT corrects their own work, to the best of their ability. If you get stumped on some bad audio or weird name or medication or medical term and Google fails, Word Help board fails, you send it to QA, and they try to fill in the final blanks. But is that really "correction"? Because the MT (if they aren't slacking and/or incompetent) knew they didn't kno ...

I Think He's Used The Word "correction" More Than He
Apr 09, 2012

I'm going nuts.  Fortunately I don't get this guy often, but it's 11 minutes of him dictating and correcting himself and starting his thoughts over again.  Aaaaagggghhhh!!!!!   Whew!!  Thanks.  I just had to get that off my chest.  My cats are tired of hearing me shout.   And no, he's NOT an ESL . ...

What Is A QA Sub Rate?
Nov 05, 2009

Just got mine, had one last pay period, well duh-------nobody explained it to me!! ...

Pay Rate-HELP!!
Jun 13, 2010

I've been out of the industry and on unemployment for over a year, and have just been contacted by a previous employer to work for them again.  The catch?  I was very well paid by this company and I will be discussing my rate of pay tomorrow with the payroll manager.  I am gunshy about asking for too much money because I now know what slim pickings it is out there.  Should I just jump in and ask for the same rate as before?  I was paid by the page, does anyone ...

DSG Pay Rate
Aug 09, 2010

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can give me an exact cents per line that they make at DSG, documentation services group.  Let me know! I've just received email that i can now test with them and was wondering.  Also how was the test?      ...

What Is The Rate?
Dec 23, 2010

I was offered a second shift job doing QA.  They pay by the hour, but I am not sure what the going rate is. What should I ask for? ...

PTO Rate
Jan 17, 2011

Has anyone noticed an unfamiliar rate in the ultipro system when viewing your pto hours available?  Mine is way off unless they dramatically dropped my PTO pay rate without me knowing yet.  I have not received the dreaded 6th months pto rate change for january in the mail.  I contacted payroll and waiting for a response back. ...

Pay Rate - Rad MT
Jul 11, 2011

What a shock to wake up this morning and realize the almighty "Q" has just sent me hurling into bancruptcy!  My husband lost his $75,000/year job 3 months ago and just found another but only making $8.50/hour.  As we don't live beyond our means, we thought that would at least let us catch up on the major bills.  But now I'm going from $1.65 a report to $1.20 a report.  That's a MAJOR cut in pay ($1,000 to $3,000 PER MONTH).  This is devastating and I feel ...

IC Pay Rate
Sep 20, 2011

I am thinking of taking an IC position.  Can anyone tell me the going rate of how much to charge a company?  Thanks! ...

VR Pay Rate
Oct 11, 2011

I recently read a job posting that required 150 lph for straight type and 225 for VR - Does this make sense ?  These companies are using the excuse that we should be able to produce "twice as many lines" with VR - thus - HALF the pay.  If that is truly the case, then why in the world would the line requirement not reflect that as well.  Obviously, these companies know VR is not nearly as productive for the MT as they claim; however, I would venture to guess with the MT making hal ...

Going Rate For IC?
Jan 05, 2012

After nearly a decade of working with Webmedx, I like many others am looking for extra work to supplement what I will be losing with Nuance.  I have a chance to pick up some part-time IC work, but I have no idea what a good acute care IC rate is.  Ten years ago, I charged $0.12/line.  Is this still an okay rate?  More?  Less?  I don't want to ask for too much and have them laugh at me, but I also don't want to sell myself short. Thanks for any advice! ...

Rate Of Pay
Jan 08, 2012

Wow, I'm an independent contractor and was looking at the job seekers board to maybe take on another part time job.  The rate of pay is still 7 to 8 cents per line??  This seems a bit ridiciulous.  I mean 10 years ago when I started with an online company, this is the rate of pay they started you out at!  I work for local doctors and charge starting out no less than 11 cents per line, especially as an independent contractor where you get no benefits or paid time off. &nb ...

Going Rate
Jan 08, 2012

If you are an IC, what is the going rate to charge?  I am at the beginning of researching to do get my own clients again but am out of the loop of what to charge.  This would be only as myself and not a big company.  Thanks. ...

VR Pay Rate?
Apr 11, 2012

Just wondering what to expect.  My company is moving some docs to VR and I have heard that the pay will be a straight line rate.  I worked very briefly for a company who paid one rate for reading the report and another rate when corrections had to be made.  Just hoping to get some input on how many people out there are paid just a flat rate.  Can you make any money doing this or do you find you have to work longer hours for less money?  Is there anyone out there who is h ...

Pay Rate?
Jun 28, 2012

Can anyone tell me where to find my pay rate?  I checked UltiPro and cannot find it there.  For the past 3 pay periods, my pay has decreased approximately 10 dollars each pay period and I am still doing the same amount of lines that I always do.  Im wondering if they decreased my pay rate without telling me.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thank you! ...