A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

medical transcription - good school ? - cardona

Posted: Sep 12, 2010

Hi. i    want to know if anyone    know  of a good school for medical  transcription   i've been looking online but  don't knoe what  school to choose. I want a school that have internships.  Thanks!

schools - deb142

[ In Reply To ..]
I would read the forums on here-There are quite a lot about schools. I would als0 check the AHDI website. They have a list of approved schools. I am attending Andrews right now and so far I think it is a great school. It is all long-distance learning and they don't offer internships. The 3 schools I hear the most about and that seem to have the best reps are Andrews, Career Step, and M-Tec.

Schools - Nick

[ In Reply To ..]
Career Step's greatest weakness is that it does not have instructors--and that has been very troublesome for many MTs I know who went there.

Cardona - Anna

[ In Reply To ..]
Are you a native speaker of English? There are many spelling and grammar errors in your message; you might want to take an English refresher or brushup course before applying to any schools. That would be perhaps be more helpful at this point. Schools won't (or should not) accept students who do not have basic skills in spelling, grammar, and syntax. This can be learned. Good luck to you.

Similar Messages:

Is At Home Professions A Good School For Medical Transcription?
Jan 25, 2011

Is At Home Professions a good school for medical transcription?  I read that it is not AHDI certified.  What does that mean? ...

Good Medical Coding School
Jun 13, 2013

Hi, does anyone out there know of good medical coding schools, either in school or online, perferrably online.  Heard of The Andrews School?  Any info would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.  Minny ...

Medical Transcription School Recommendations?
Jun 22, 2010

I am very interested in narrowing down my current work experience and specializing in one field.  I have no idea on what school I should go with for a CMT diploma/certificate.  Can anyone guide me or have any great experiences with a school?  I am looking for an online school if they are worth paying the money.  This field would be fairly new to me so I need a full course of all the necessary and required courses to be marketable to a new company for job placement.  Thanks for any suggestio ...

What Is Best Medical Transcription School Online
Nov 27, 2011

Hi, I would like to know what is the best online medical transcription school. Thanks in advance for reply. dce ...

Medical Transcription School - Reputable And Not A Rip-off?
Feb 18, 2013

Can anyone tell me which MT schools are reputable and not a rip-off?  I'm asking for a friend who is interested in getting into the field.  I started so many years ago that I've never had to get certified, so would appreciate any info.  Thanks! ...

Medical Transcription School Has Left Me A Little Unnerved
Feb 14, 2010

I recently had an experience with an MT school that has left me a little unnerved.  Therefore, I have a couple of questions for those who are currently attending school or have completed an MT program.  Were you provided statistics about the number of actual graduates?  Schools can have a lot of enrollees but it’s my opinion that the number of actual graduates matters. Were you provided any information about the qualifications of your instructors?  My next question is for the experienced M ...

Medical Transcription School - Penn Foster ?
Jan 02, 2011

I am new to this site. I am thinking about training to become a MT but very confused about schools I have checked on. The school I am leaning towards is Penn Foster, but the price is much cheaper than all the others. I want to get all I can from the course. If anyone has done the MT course with them let me know what you thought about it. Thank You ...

Finding An Online Medical Transcription School To Go To
Aug 09, 2011

ok so i really need some help. I want to be a mt but i'm having a hard time finding an online school to go to. Just when i think i've picked one, i see a bunch of bad reviews for it or that it isn't really accredited. Also, i was wondering if you really get paid as much as it says on the internet.. ...

Who Would Have Copy Of Medical Transcription Certificate School Closed
Apr 12, 2010

Hi, I need my transcription certificate from Tennessee Career College which I graduated from in 2006. The school is now closed and I have misplaced original certificate. Who would have a copy of that. The Dept of Education? Thanks Lesnbek ...

I Want Your Opinion About Career Step Online Medical Transcription Course Or Any Other School Which
Jan 19, 2011

can anybody tell me about good online medical transcription school. ...

PRN Medical Transcription, Good/bad??
Nov 13, 2009

thanks ...

Miss The Good Old Days Of Medical Transcription
Mar 27, 2014

I miss the lively atmosphere of a transcription room filled with other transcriptionists, with doctors strolling in and out, joking, grabbing from the tray of homemade goodies someone had brought in to share.  I miss the laughing and sharing of stories or the mutual griping about the doctors' dictations.  I miss the holiday pot luck dinners and decorations and bonuses.  I miss the formal dictating style that doctors used to go by.  I miss having a job that was in demand ...

Does Rasmussen College Have A Good Reputation In The Medical Transcription Job World???
Mar 07, 2010

Hi everyone, I just graduated from Rasmussen online college with a 2 year degree in medical transcription back in September. I was able to land a brief 2 month job in November but the lady that hired me wasn't a patient trainer and let me go because I wasn't perfect right away and she was very busy as well, backed up in fact. My question is, does Rasmussen College have a good reputation in the medical transcription world? ...

Good School
Oct 08, 2011

Hello - I am researching schools for MT education/training. I have seen Andrews mentioned here as a very good one. Does anyone have any knowledge of Career Steps or Future MT? I want a great education and don't want to inadvertently get on the "kiss (of death) list"! Any other contenders? Thanks so much for your input!     ...

Good Training School
Jun 09, 2010

I need some advice on good schools to use for transcription training.  I have been talking to Kaplan University about their program.  Does anyone know anything about them they can advise?  Has anyone else used them?  I am afraid since they aren't a local college in the state of Texas, where I live, I will have a hard time finding work after graduation.  Any thoughts?  All help would be appreciated! ...

Looking For A Good Online MT School
Sep 03, 2011

I've been searching for an online MT school that has a good rep among Mt's and MT employers for been a good school with a good training.  So far I have on the list CareerStep, M-Tec, and Andrews. Please, any opinions and advice about these schools (or any other I don't know about), negative and positive, would be soooo welcome since I'm having a hard time choosing a school.  I would not like to waste my money on a school with a poor training and not known ...

Is CareerStep A Good School???
Feb 27, 2014

Is this school okay or a scame ...

Good MT School? Need Advice
Jan 06, 2015

Hi everyone. I was recommended by a friend to visit this site. Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations on a good MT school/Program? Ive looked into CareerStep and they are a little pricy for my budget right now. I would love for the school to offer job assistance after graduation (if possible). Can anyone help me? Thank You!!!! ...

FutureMT-Good School?!
Jan 29, 2015

Hello! I am looking to start my career in MT, but not sure of what school to use. I have been told about FutureMT by a girl that used to do MT, however the school is not accredited. I didn't know if this actually matters or not. It's about half the price of career step and other schools I've seen. Any feed back would be soooo appreciated!  ...

Is Penn Foster MT School Any Good?
Dec 31, 2009

I started transcription a bazillion years ago before they were even any schools around.  My daughter now wants to get into it and is looking at Penn Foster.  Is their program any good or is there a better one out there that would help make it easier to find a job when she gets out? Thank you in advance :) ...

Best School To Go To For Medical Billing
Jan 25, 2013

I currently am working at a nursing home as the office manager and the company is wanting to bring the billing inhouse, having me do it. I have done some billing in the past, but would definitely need a refresher! Thanks in advance! ...

Career Step Or Andrews Is A Good School?
Jan 27, 2010

Anyone know if Career Step or Andrews is a good school? I'm trying to decide on which one to go to. ...

Searching For Good Online MT School For Canadian
Jan 01, 2011

I'm searching everywhere on web for info on the best recommended schools for Medical Transcription.  Canscribe is said to be 'one of the best', however it's soooo expensive.  Does anyone know a few other good schools recommended by AHDI ?     ...

Anyone Know Of A Good Online School For Billing & Coding
Nov 30, 2012

nm ...

Disappointment In Allied Medical School
Jan 25, 2010

I am so deeply disappointed in Allied Business School/Medical School. I am so deeply disappointed in AIM/**** who never lived up to her end of a business deal.   I have wasted so much time and money in attempting to become a Medical Transcriptionist.   I'd rather clean toilets. Anonymous   **** Do not identify individuals. Moderator **** ...

Andrews School And Medical Coding
Jul 29, 2012

Andrews School and Medical Coding.  Is this a good program. ...

Career Step - Is A Good School To Attend For MT Training
Jan 15, 2011

I would like to know if anyone thinks Career Step is a good school to attend for MT training. Andrews and MTEC are quite a bit more expensive and I don't think I can afford them. I can't really afford Career Step. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. ...

I Am Too Old To Start The Andrew's School For Medical Coding
Feb 07, 2012

Dear Friends: I am 55 and I am a transcriptionist of almost 11 years and I want to switch carreers and am choosing medical coding and want to enroll in the Andrew's School.  Do you think I am too old to start a new career? I do not think so, but I would like some thoughts. I am healthy and I know I can do it.  Any thoughts and opinions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks for your time.  Fondly, Suzie ...

Going Back To School And Getting Certified As A Medical Assistant
Mar 24, 2014

I have been in the field of Education for 23 yrs and have been an Administrator for the past 13. Due to the economy,  schools would rather hire those with no experience and pay them less than seasoned veterans like myself. I have 2 in college and a 10yr old I adopted at birth so I am far from retirement. I am considering going back to school and getting certified as a Medical Assistant (which would include Phlebotomy and X-ray tech) and Medical Billing/Coding or Transcription. I am currently un ...

Is There Any Prerequisite For The Andrews School Medical Coding Program
May 11, 2010

do they include anatomy? ...