A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Is there any Prerequisite for the Andrews School Medical Coding Program - interested

Posted: May 11, 2010

do they include anatomy?

Go to the source - Schipperke

[ In Reply To ..]
Why not go to the source and ask. Just go to the Andrews School website and write directly to Linda. Her e-mail address is there and she is very good about replying. I know, I nearly drove her crazy with questions and she never made me feel that I did.

It says 'No Prerequisite" and anatomy is part of the course - From the catalog and asking by phone

[ In Reply To ..]
The catalog says that there is no prerequisite. If you talk to them by phone, anatomy is part of the course.

Similar Messages:

Andrews School And Medical Coding
Jul 29, 2012

Andrews School and Medical Coding.  Is this a good program. ...

Andrews School Of Coding A
Dec 19, 2010

Andrews School of Medical Coding and Transcription........... Just wanted to say a few words about Andrews School of Coding. 3 years ago I finished an AHIMA accredited program for Health Information, going through the program I realized there were some gaps that I needed to fill in on the coding end. I love AHIMA and being part of the organizaiton, and look forward to working in the field for a long time.  What I am finding with Andrews is that they offer an indepth, hands on training spe ...

What's The Best Coding School Outside Of Andrews?
Aug 03, 2013

I was wondering what the best coding school is, other than Andrews? ...

Does Anyone Know If The Andrews Coding Program...sm
Dec 09, 2010

offers training of the 3M encoding software?  I read that Career Step does and when I look at most coding jobs, they require training and experience using 3M encoding software.  Thanks for your help! ...

CPC/CCS Coding Program Other Than Andrews
Sep 03, 2013

Does anyone know of a (non-degree) program other than Andrews that upon completion will allow you to be eligible to sit for the CCS and CPC exam. I have researched the Andrews program and think it sounds great and comes with awesome recommendations from this board. I just want to explore any other options available before I take the plunge. Not necessarily needing a degree, already have Masters in Health Administration. Thanks so much. ...

I Want To Consider Going To Andrews For Their Coding Program
Apr 27, 2015

and I think I'd enjoy the job (after researching for the past year). I really want to do something interesting for the rest of my working life (and still have a career rather than just a job like I do now), but now I'm starting to wonder if I am too old at 58.  I guess I'd get through the schooling in about 12 months, then take the CCS exam (takes time?) and then I say give myself up to a year to find a job (??).  That would mean I could be pushing 60 when I began.  ...

Anyone Schooling At Andrews? How Difficult Is The Coding Program?
May 13, 2010

I would LOVe to hear from anyone in the ANdrews School for medical coding!!  ...

Is The CareerStep Medical Coding Program A Good Program?
Nov 22, 2010

TIA ...

Med-Line School - MT Bridge To Coding Program
Aug 10, 2012

Anyone take this program yet? Were you successful in passing the exam and getting a job? ...

Good Medical Coding School
Jun 13, 2013

Hi, does anyone out there know of good medical coding schools, either in school or online, perferrably online.  Heard of The Andrews School?  Any info would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.  Minny ...

I Am Too Old To Start The Andrew's School For Medical Coding
Feb 07, 2012

Dear Friends: I am 55 and I am a transcriptionist of almost 11 years and I want to switch carreers and am choosing medical coding and want to enroll in the Andrew's School.  Do you think I am too old to start a new career? I do not think so, but I would like some thoughts. I am healthy and I know I can do it.  Any thoughts and opinions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks for your time.  Fondly, Suzie ...

I Will Be 56 Tomorrow And I Would Like To Attend The Andrew's School For Medical Coding
Aug 27, 2012

Dear Friends: My name is Suzie and tomorrow I will be 56.  I would like your opinions as to whether you think I am too old to start studying for a new career in medical coding.  I 100% sure that I want to attend the Andrew's School for Medical Coding.  I have been a medical transcriptionist for 11 years having attended M-TEC and I love this profession, but I see that the career is shrinking and there are less opportunities.  I think my background as a transcriptionist wo ...

Bus Driver Said She Graduated From Medical Billing/coding School
Sep 25, 2012

and the reason she's driving a bus is because she hasn't been able to find a job as a coder since graduation. I asked her if she took her certification exam yet, and she said no. I didn't say anything but maybe this is the reason why she hasn't gotten hired yet. ...

Penn Foster Coding And Medical Billing Program?
Jan 29, 2015

Hello, Just wanting opinions/experiences with Penn Foster's Training Program Coding and Medical Billing. Thanks in advance. ...

I Am Putting In My Paperwork For The Andrew's School For Medical Coding And I Am Nervous
Oct 01, 2013

Hi Friends: My name is Suzanne and I am sending in my paperwork to enroll in the Andrew's School for Medical Coding and I am nervous.  I am nervous because I do know I can do it, but what about my age of 57.  I am too old for studying for this field?  I am a medical transcriptionist and have been for 12 years and I am a fast thinker and learner and I know I can do it, but what about the Affordable Care Act and the jobs being outsourced like medical transcription. Can you ...

Has Anyone Ever Gone Through Allied School For Coding? Other School Recommendations?
Jun 24, 2014

I was wondering if anyone has ever gone through Allied School in California for billing & coding.  If so, how was your experience?  Were you able to find work in coding after finishing the course and getting your certification?  I have been a medical transcriptionist for the past 10-11 years and am now looking at getting into coding.  My best friend and I are going to take a course together.   If you wouldn't recommend Allied as a school, who would you reco ...

Andrews School -- Job
Sep 19, 2012

I am an MT who was laid off from my job and I am seriously considering coding school.  So far, I am leaning towards Andrews, they sound the best.  My question is, will I be able to find a job that pays well afterwards?  I have looked at a few job postings online in my area and it looks like entry level coders are only 10 bucks an hour.  This concerns me as I don't want to put out a lot of money for coding school if I am not going to be making much money.  Also, ...

Andrews School...which Course To Take?
Nov 13, 2012

This may not be the right board, but I thought I would put it here. I have been interested in taking the coding course through Andrews for over a year now. I was just wondering if that is the way to go or if I should take a different course that they are now offering. They now offer billing and medical management. I know that medical transcription is out because I am already a transcriptionist and that is not going well. Any and all advice is welcome. Thank you. ...

Best School After Andrews. Sm
Nov 08, 2013

I need financial aid.  Andrews doesn't accept Pell grants. etc.  Currently I'm on unemployment.  Been unemployed for about 2 months now.  Have been an MT for 37 years.  I applied for WIA funds (workforce investiment act) and included info about Andrews and medical coding in general, i.e., what it is, etc.  They won't pay for Andrews or coding for that matter because they say:(1)  Its a work at home job.  (2) Its an online program and they ca ...

Andrews School....
Feb 12, 2014

I think I've decided on Andrews School for coding.  My question is any recent graduates get jobs? How quickly?  All openings I've browsed look like they want 3-5 years experience...... ...

Andrews School Sm
Apr 29, 2014

Those who went through the Andrews School how long did it take to find a job? Thanks. ...

How To Pay For Andrews School?
Feb 10, 2015

If I could choose a school right now for coding, Andrews would be first choice.  I was hoping that someone could share some suggestions for paying for the course.  Right now AAPC is having a "sale" on their course which is now 50% off.  From my research, though, I think that would not be my first choice, but is muc more affordable than Andrews.  Has anyone used any of the Andrews payment plans?  How did that work out for you?  The cost seems prohibitive to me, but I ...

Question For The ANDREWS SCHOOL
May 10, 2010

Does the Andrews School curriculum go beyond what the AHIMA teaches?  I ask this question with the following (in quotations) in mind. "One common misunderstanding is that you will be ready to take the CCS exam once you complete your academic training and that is incorrect. You will be qualified to sit for the CCA exam upon completing your training program. The CCS and CCS-P are mastery credentials and reflect two to three years of full time coding experience beyond the academic preparatio ...

Andrews School Website
Jul 13, 2010

Hey everybody, I am having a problem getting onto the Andrews School website. Is anybody else having the same problem? I wanted to check into their coding courses, but every time I go to the website, I get a message telling me that internet explorer could not open the website. I 'm wondering if it's down, or is it something in my computer? Any help would be appreciated! TIA! ...

Andrews School Recommended
Nov 09, 2010

Does anyone know or can recommend the Andrews School? The cost seems to be high for the course. ...

Question About Andrews School - Sm
Apr 07, 2011

Looking at coding schools.  I saw a few here went to Andrews.  Seems to be a thorough course, albeit expensive.  Did you get your money's worth?  We you able to find a job after getting credentialed and did the course prepare you well for credential testing?  Those of you who are MTs, could you opt out of certain classes? What made you choose Andrews?  Would it be better to take the course through AHIMA or AAPC, why/why not? How long would it take to go thro ...

Andrews School Experiences
Aug 10, 2011

I am wondering if there are any current Andrews grads/students who would be willing to discuss their experiences in and out of the program. I have already spoken with Linda at length, and am now looking for an "in the trenches" perspective. Thanks! ...

Is Andrews The ONLY School Recommended??
May 26, 2012

I've read so much on this forum trying to get some good information on which school to go with, and all I can find is Andrews, Andrews, Andrews!  How can it be the only school that anybody seems willing to recommend?  Is the forum just overrun with Andrews students or is it truly the only school that anyone knows of that prepares you for the CCS exam upon graduation?  How can that be?  And believe me, I'm not criticizing the school or anyone for their opinion, I jus ...

Is Andrews The Only School You Recommend?
Sep 14, 2012

I was looking at Career Step.  No? ...

IS ANYONE ELSE SKEPTICAL OF ANDREWS SCHOOL?
May 14, 2015

I am an MT. I really want to do the Andrews School, but probably from being an MT, I just feel beaten down and depressed and I am afraid to be taken advantage of.  On this site, there are so many  people who went to Andrews and got such wonderful jobs and it gets such great reviews.  This makes me think, could this really be true???? Or are all these just Andrews School employees?   I am so worried to spend the money on it, I am not even sure I can come up ...