A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anyone know of a good online school for billing & coding - MT20

Posted: Nov 30, 2012

nm

Have you not read the Coding/Med Billing - anoni

[ In Reply To ..]
forum?? There is a lot of good information here.

I highly recommend Andrews - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
They have programs now for both billing and coding (coding is more in depth). I am in their coding program currently and I chose it because of their reputation as well as the number of graduates who pass the CPC and CCS right out of school.

Similar Messages:

Coding/billing School
Apr 26, 2014

I am wanting to go into billinig/coding.  There is a tech school very close to my home. They have coding/billing  program  which takes 1 year to complete full time.  I am wondering this:  How much does a newbie make just starting out in either billing or coding and what are my chances of getting a newbie job right out of school?  Thanks for the info. ...

Online College/university That Offers Certified Medical Coding/billing?
Aug 03, 2010

What are some of the best online college/university that offers certified medical coding/billing? ...

Billing/Coding School Recommendation Sm
Jun 28, 2010

Thinking of taking billing/coding courses since transcription is going downhill.  Any good on-line schools that are AHIMA accredited?  Do you have to take courses only accredited by AHIMA?  What about their courses?  Any suggestions and/or help would be appreciated.  (Also, I don't want to take a course that takes years to complete.)  Thanks in advance! ...

Which Online Coding School
Jul 09, 2013

Can anyone please tell me which online coding school is the one to go to.  I have been in transcription for the past 10 years and I am literally terrified about what is going on with this business.  I still need something at home because I have little ones still running around.  I know coding is very hard to get into but so was transcription when I first started so I am willing to make the transition.  I was literally in tears yesterday when it was the 4th consecutive day wit ...

I'm Cannot Afford To Quit Work As A MT And Go To School For Coding/billing. S/m
Aug 22, 2012

I will have to continue to work full-time while taking classes.  Which online schools are accredited?   And is there a big difference in getting a job/pay for having diploma or certificate?  I'm in Florida and there are a lot of schools advertised.  I want a good school, not a scam program.  Thank you. ...

Bus Driver Said She Graduated From Medical Billing/coding School
Sep 25, 2012

and the reason she's driving a bus is because she hasn't been able to find a job as a coder since graduation. I asked her if she took her certification exam yet, and she said no. I didn't say anything but maybe this is the reason why she hasn't gotten hired yet. ...

Looking For A Good Online MT School
Sep 03, 2011

I've been searching for an online MT school that has a good rep among Mt's and MT employers for been a good school with a good training.  So far I have on the list CareerStep, M-Tec, and Andrews. Please, any opinions and advice about these schools (or any other I don't know about), negative and positive, would be soooo welcome since I'm having a hard time choosing a school.  I would not like to waste my money on a school with a poor training and not known ...

Searching For Good Online MT School For Canadian
Jan 01, 2011

I'm searching everywhere on web for info on the best recommended schools for Medical Transcription.  Canscribe is said to be 'one of the best', however it's soooo expensive.  Does anyone know a few other good schools recommended by AHDI ?     ...

Schooling - Good On-line Course For Coding/billing?
Apr 20, 2010

Is there a good on-line course for coding/billing?  I don't think M-Tec has a program, a program that is well known to the industry and grads that are well prepared.  Thanks. ...

Looking For A Good Online Coding College
Jul 17, 2012

After much research i had decided on taking coding classes through Andrew College. Unfortunately since they are not an acredited college Vocational Rehab will not help pay. Can anyone recommend a good acredited college or one that accepts FASA grants? Looking to take online courses or classes in Ft. Wayne, IN. ...

Schooling - Good Online Coding Classes? 
Jan 21, 2010

Any recommendations on good online coding classes?  ...

Good Medical Coding School
Jun 13, 2013

Hi, does anyone out there know of good medical coding schools, either in school or online, perferrably online.  Heard of The Andrews School?  Any info would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.  Minny ...

Hired For Coding/billing/transcription, But Told No Coding
Aug 13, 2013

Accepted a job, gave 2 weeks notice, and yesterday was my first day.  I was to be helping out transcription (1000 jobs behind), and then sitting with billing and training with coding as their coder will be out on maternity leave in December.  The office is adding another surgeon, and they are rapidly expanding.  So I gave a proper 2 weeks' notice to my former employer (2 hours on the road there and back, low salary - now less than half distance and $3 more an hour) and starte ...

Best School To Go To For Medical Billing
Jan 25, 2013

I currently am working at a nursing home as the office manager and the company is wanting to bring the billing inhouse, having me do it. I have done some billing in the past, but would definitely need a refresher! Thanks in advance! ...

Online Or At School
Jun 26, 2010

I am just curious. Is there a big difference between online coding classes and going into school?  I feel (I am taking online course) that maybe going into the classroom would be most beneficial. ...

What Online School Is Better???
Apr 24, 2012

I am wondering if a nationally accrediting school is better then just a regular accredited schooling?? Thanks ...

Has Anyone Ever Gone Through Allied School For Coding? Other School Recommendations?
Jun 24, 2014

I was wondering if anyone has ever gone through Allied School in California for billing & coding.  If so, how was your experience?  Were you able to find work in coding after finishing the course and getting your certification?  I have been a medical transcriptionist for the past 10-11 years and am now looking at getting into coding.  My best friend and I are going to take a course together.   If you wouldn't recommend Allied as a school, who would you reco ...

How Difficult Is An Online MT School?
Dec 23, 2009

I'm seriously considering enrolling at one of the "top two" MT online schools.  I'm good at English grammar, spelling, type over 100 wpm with 98% accuracy, a perfectionist, and am also very focused.  I do have a full-time job, but can easily devote evenings and time on the weekends to complete the course.  I'm up for a challenge, but after doing quite a bit of research, this sounds really difficult.  Feedback please! ...

Anyone Here Going Back To School Online
Oct 21, 2010

Hi, I was wondering if anyone here is going back to school for something else, but taking classes online.  I need to find a good online school as we only have one vehicle and my husband is using it to commute back and forth to work in another city.  If you are going back to school, what are you going for? Thanks ...

What Is Best Medical Transcription School Online
Nov 27, 2011

Hi, I would like to know what is the best online medical transcription school. Thanks in advance for reply. dce ...

Online School & Career Change At 40
Feb 02, 2013

Currently hold Bachelor Degree in Business Administration. Worked as executive admin asst for past 15 years. Considering going to Andrews on line MT school. Is this a good investment and career change for me or should I look into something else? Like the ability to possibly work from home. Also, which school is best choice for finding work at home job (Andrews, Career Step, Mtec, etc..)??? ...

Best School To Get Online Bacherlor's In RHIA Besides WGU?
Jul 25, 2013

Which school (that offers the program online) is the best to get an RHIA besides Western Governor's University? I'm not interested in going there. ...

Career Step - Has Anyone Heard Of This Online School?
Jun 23, 2010

Has anyone heard of this online school?  They say the are one of the best and have most job placement with the big MT employers.  Can anyone tell me anything about this school.  I know they all say they are the best.  Is there something in particular that I should look for in a school as far as their teaching techniques?  I read something about SUM, is this the best teaching program out there? ...

Finding An Online Medical Transcription School To Go To
Aug 09, 2011

ok so i really need some help. I want to be a mt but i'm having a hard time finding an online school to go to. Just when i think i've picked one, i see a bunch of bad reviews for it or that it isn't really accredited. Also, i was wondering if you really get paid as much as it says on the internet.. ...

Billing/coding
Apr 20, 2010

has anyone thought about or actually made the swith from mt to billing/coding? ...

Coding/Billing
Jan 11, 2011

Anyone know if MedQuist has coding/billing jobs and would hire a new grad from CareerStep?  Thanks!  ...

Billing Vs Coding
Apr 05, 2011

Quick question - medical billing and medical coding are two totally separate entities, right?  Meaning, you have schools for billing and schools for coding or schools that teach coding OR billing.. Just had a discussion with someone regarding this and I would like to have my facts straight ... thanks everyone!!!   There are billing jobs and coding jobs, but the two shall never "meet", right? ...

Billing And Coding
Apr 11, 2011

I have a stupid question.  When I finished my MT course with Allied Medical School, I then found out they are NOT (federally) accredited, they do not assist you in finding positions, and they do not assist in helping you become certified.  In other words, I felt that I wasted all of that money.  As a newbe I was unable to find a job.  I started apprenticing with a company, paid their $500 fee for software, and after 8-9 months, found they had changed their name.  Apparently, they were getti ...

Looking Into Coding And Billing
Sep 30, 2011

I have been an MT for 20+ years and now looking into coding and billing... Would you recommend it? I am considering this, but looking for some words of wisdom prior to making a decision. I see Career Step offers the program, but not familiar enough with Career Step to know if they are a reputable. I have been told that coding is on its way out like transcription and not to waste my time, but only heard that from one person so far.  Anything you can share with me would be great! Thanks :) ...

No Coding Or Even Billing Job Yet
Oct 30, 2014

It has been almost 8 months since I passed my CPC on first try. I have been in MT field for more than 14 years, and yet nobody is ready to give me a job based on that. Everyone says u dont have a coing xperience. Is anybody else suffering like me out there? I am slowly losing hope that I will ever be able to leave this field. ...