A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

jobs being mysteriously held in a bunch of Florida accounts - Tam

Posted: Oct 29, 2009

I would appreciate hearing from anyone (e-mail me if you wish) if you have suddenly got NJA all day today with regard to a bunch of southern Florida accounts (cannot mention which hospital of course, but if you are an MT for them you will know which ones).  I e-mailed the person in charge of workload and the explanation was that "difficult dictators" are only being given to those who can do them.  I am a tier 3, 7 yrs with MQ and 30 as an MT (so pretty much experienced and been there done that so to speak).  One account has 37 reports and 1 MT on when normally there can be up to 12 this time of day.  All my 5 accounts have either zero or maybe 2 or 3 MTs on and work is now sitting late in all accounts from yesterday, Oct 28.  I find this rather FISHY.  I have never run out of work this long in 7 years and was told to "check back this afternoon for work" yet there is none.  What the heck next with MQ.  The message I get is that all "difficult dictators" will only be done by certain people, yet I a tier 3 with no problems with my scores etc am not getting any jobs.  I am told that easy dictators will come my way, yeh right.  ANY FEEDBACK WOULD BE APPRECIATED AS I AM GOING CRAZY OVER THIS ONE AND NO STRAIGHT ANSWERS FROM THE HIGHER UPS!

NJA - PBJ

[ In Reply To ..]
I bet you are doing accts that start with an H. Welcome to my world. It's been going on with me for 3 months. I just got another job. Good bye MQ.

Yes, same thing happened to me - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been switched to several different accounts in the last few months because all of a sudden my normally busy South Florida accounts have completely dried up. I was told to hang in there, it will pick up, etcetera. You telling me there is not a single patient to be found in all of Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, Sarasota, Pinellas, Charlotte, Hillsboro counties? I actually did some research and discovered that these places are swamped and hiring. So the truth is, it's all been sent to India. I'm currently looking for another job, hopefully with a small local business who does not send work offshore.

Florida - there again

[ In Reply To ..]
This happened once before. They sent most of it to India and we had no work. Apparently India didn't do so well and it came back but I knew it was just a matter of time. Did you get the message about the repository examples having errors because they were done by ILPs? I've seen some hysterical ones! Sad but funny.

Similar Messages:

NJA (No Jobs Available) 20 Accounts
Nov 05, 2014

20 accounts? Where are they in the middle of a Wednesday afternoon? ...

26 Accounts, 94 Jobs....
Apr 06, 2015

Saturday afternoon status report 04/04/2015 at 12:43 p.m. 26 accounts and 94 jobs total.   Not a status report sent since--no a status report yesterday or today... But, "keep checking back."   ...

25 Accounts, 73 Jobs
Apr 23, 2015

Tomorrow is my last day at Nuance.  This is one reason why--NO WORK.   While it is slow check Fiesa, sign time sheet, take a class in Enrich, wait 15 minutes, check back, request reversals....no thanks.  I never got paid for doing those things.   Request reversals...that is interesting isnt' it?  Fiesa is like a court of law where you are considered guility unless you can prove your innocence and the "laws" are unclear and not consistent.  There is no consis ...

Can I Go Back To Bed? First 5 Jobs - All Different Accounts ..
Mar 06, 2012

Working on getting out every day.   I think we should challenge all the CCMs to actually sit and do this crap one day, and have an upper mgt person sitting alongside watching them.  Maybe they could pull up all the different specs .. you know we are now supposed to check F5 on every report, right?  ROTL .. that is what we were told recently. Then maybe they'd fix the darn pools.  Walk a mile in my shoes upper mgt!!!    ...

No Jobs-Strategic Accounts
Jun 07, 2013

Does anyone have much work on Strategic Accounts- not me for 2 days now!!!  I would love to make my hours, but can't! All having a good day in spite? ...

33 Jobs On 14 Accounts This Morning....
Nov 01, 2014

Yep--ran out.  There is no work here.     ...

5 Jobs On 5 Accounts In 5 Hours
Mar 19, 2015

5 is my favorite number. I have 5 children. I like numbers that end in 5. I'll admit, when I turn the heat on in the car, I would rather is be on a temperature that ends in a 5....65, 75, 85...I set the microwave for only times that end in 5 or can be divided by 5, which is 5 and 0.... you get it... BUT, when it comes to the 5 hours a day that I am scheduled and I have had 5 jobs on 5 accounts in those 5 hours, 5 isn't such a great number. WHERE IS MY WORK??? No answer from ...

Is Anybody Working And Getting Random Jobs From Different Accounts?
Jan 10, 2010

Just venting a little.  While I do appreciate being able to work and not getting NJAk, I am a little frustrated getting every other job from 2 or 3 new and different acounts.  Do they really expect me to make line count like that?  I know there is a better way to distribute and get the work done within TAT.  I mean really.... sigh. Looks like the forbidden "national pools" coming back.  If my regular accounts have no work, then why oh why cant that just give me ONE that ...

Keeping Track Of Multiple Accounts/jobs
May 18, 2010

I recently quit my hospital MT job and started working for a mid sized MTSO. This was a big change for me, different platforms, different rules, different type of accounts. I have 4 accounts with this job, all with their own little rules and formats and things. On top of that I recently was hired and quit with another large MTSO for weekend work (didn't like the QA or managers; I was constantly being forgotten). Anyway, I quit them after 2 weeks and was just hired as an IC for small MTSO an ...

Mysteriously Repeating Lines On Report? Hit Upload And It Will Fix Itself.
Oct 30, 2010

When you are straight typing a report and all of a sudden you notice the last several lines repeated a few times -- just hit the upload button and it will correct itself.  ...

Has Had Or Has Held???
Jan 10, 2011

I am not sure if I am hearing "has had" conservative treatment, she opted for surgical intervention....I am not sure if I am hearing "has held"...any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

I Have To Wonder Why We Are Held To Such
Feb 28, 2011

stringent TAT when doctors are allowed to wait weeks and/or months to dictate very old reports?  I have listened to basically one physician for the last 3 hours or so dictating old reports that should have been done in a timely manner.  Oh well, just venting here.  ...

Anyone Feel Like They Are Being Held Hostage By This Job?
Aug 27, 2013

Now they want us to sit around and get our time in during the 24 hour day in which we are scheduled to work.  As far as I can remember, when I signed up for this job I had to pick a schedule which I was to stick to or be in for consequences. Now..there is no work, which is no fault of the MT and we are supposed to work anytime during 24 hours to make up for it?  Who is making out in that situation? It sure isn't the transcriptionist.  If anyone falls for that, you are naive.& ...

Think MTSOs Can't Be Held Liable For Over-
Aug 04, 2014

It happened to tech company LinkedIn, (who should know better!) "LinkedIn agreed to pay nearly $6 million is back overtime wages and damages to employees after a U.S. Department of Labor investigation found the company violated federal labor laws." ...

Will Dictators Ever Be Held Accountable
Mar 25, 2015

I just had to stop and vent. I am appalled at the quality of dictation these days. The sentence structure, lack of consistency, outright errors and not paying attention to what they are saying. That goes for the stutterers, the repeaters, the ones who start a sentence and then just die off. If you cannot speak clearly and enunciate then you need to HIRE SOMEONE TO DICTATE FOR YOU. Have some respect for the people who have to try and interpret your garbage or GET OFF THE SYSTEM. We cannot i ...

Is Anyone Getting A Bunch Of
Oct 16, 2009

transcriptions for pts with H1N1?  It is making me think twice about getting the vaccine.  I am getting a bunch of them, and quite a few with type A influenza as well. ...

What A Bunch!!!
Feb 09, 2011

Gripe about lack of work, then HEAVEN forbid you have to test and give PERSONAL information  -- crimey is everyone in kindergarten?  You do NOT CALL the service first  - want to hurt your chances of NOT  being hired   - go ahead, calll the recruiter and/or MSTO and DEMAND  GUESS WHAT AINT GONNA GET HIRED  ...

BUNCH
Jan 12, 2013

Everyone on this board moans about how much they hate MModal and how horribly they're treated, but when given the opportunity to make the company squirm in a crisis, you all lick their boots and can't wait to help them out with the "incentives", which are impossible to meet, so you are working for the same nothing you always make.  I'm done with this board. ...

THIS IS A BUNCH OF. . . .
Oct 28, 2013

GARBAGE!!!!!!! Hard enough to make lines and now this?  Need a drink! ...

So They Fire/lay Off A Bunch Of MTs
Aug 26, 2013

is out of TAT. TSM says lots of second and third shifters were let go (code phrase-reduction in force) and now the rest of us need to step up and change our shift to second and third shift. ClusterMMuck at its finest. ...

What A Bunch Of A-holes
Dec 17, 2014

Only lost about $20 last week working PT thanks to their new pay schedule, 99.64% accuracy but 12.78 for QA because of blanks because of their incompetent dictators who don't know how to speak English and their poor quality voice files.  Oh yeah, and I'm getting put on a new accout too!  Aren't I lucky?  Guess I'll be joining the cherry pickers now.  ...

So They Hired A Bunch Of New MTs
Apr 20, 2015

supposedly so we won't have mandatory OT so much.  Do you think they hired for the shifts they were having trouble with & will give us our original hours/schedule back??  That would be the decent thing to do....  Yeah... I don't think they'll do it either. ...

Whomever Is Entering Docs Into ADT Should Be Held Accountable. Sm
Mar 22, 2011

I have been here with MQ 4ever it seems.  Today, I just need to rant.  It seems that for the last week or so ASR has gotten WORSE, leaving out words and still not changing terms which have been repeatedly "corrected" by me.  It is not "learning".  Of course, I guess this means job security.    But, the next rant I have is how many ways can someone enter a docs credentials and initials in?   Constantly leaving out the periods after the middle initials ...

I Have One Dictator Whose Reports Always Have A Bunch Of Blanks In Them
Mar 02, 2010

I put so much more time and effort into his work and they always come out looking like Swiss cheese.  QA can fill in about 75% of these with their guesswork.  No way am I going to continue listening over and over again to his bad dictation when they are pretty much hopeless.  I'm going to listen once and that's it -- that way I'll get the most for my money I'll be paying for the QA! ...

I Have Never Seen Such A Paranoid Bunch Of MTs When It Comes To Testing On MTTtest
Jan 09, 2011

I have been reading recent posts regarding testing -- filling in information, etc., and I have never seen such a bunch of paranoid MTs in my life.  I tell the truth regarding my resume, SS#, phone number and experience.  Yes, I HAVE "failed" tests wtih MTTest.com and decided that company postiion was not for me.  My newest job; I was called on the phone, offered the position, had to test, failed the "third written test" but was still hired.  I am making an above average salar ...

It Is Great When The Company Dumps A Bunch Of Garbage Work On You, And Sm
Oct 17, 2014

You can honestly say to them, "I don't care anymore," and mean it because you have finally wised up and gave up the hope that things will ever get any better and found something new. I wrote many papers in college, but none gave the pleasure that is coming to me from writing my letter of resignation. :-) ...

For Anyone That Works At TTS Are The Accounts Difficult Accounts And
Jul 09, 2013

how is the platform.  I know people have negative comments about them but are there any positive ones.  I would only try it PT and IC.  Not sure that would work out or not.  ...

I Assume The Bayscribe Accounts Are The Old MDI-MD Accounts -- Sm
Jan 30, 2014

is that correct? If so, are CB and DF still involved? I love Bayscribe, and I was thinking about biting the bullet and applying to Nuance for some PT work, but I kind of butted heads with the 2 ladies and so I don't want to waste my time. Thanks for your input. ...

On RT Simulation: His Arms Were Held Slightly "a Kimble" On His Sides.
Dec 23, 2010

? ...

Sounds Like "hand Saids Were Held"
Jun 10, 2010

sounds like:  "hand saids were held"   since the patient had a history of hematemesis ...