A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I have never seen such a paranoid bunch of MTs when it comes to testing on MTTtest - noname

Posted: Jan 09, 2011

I have been reading recent posts regarding testing -- filling in information, etc., and I have never seen such a bunch of paranoid MTs in my life.  I tell the truth regarding my resume, SS#, phone number and experience.  Yes, I HAVE "failed" tests wtih MTTest.com and decided that company postiion was not for me.  My newest job; I was called on the phone, offered the position, had to test, failed the "third written test" but was still hired.  I am making an above average salary and am paid weekly and even the ESLs are not bad. 

I read a recent post where one of the MTs mentioned "correct spelling in a sentence;" this is exactly what some of these tests are about.  If you don't see anything misspelled, then leave it blank.  Most of the tests that I have takien through MTTest.com allow you ample time to finish the test.  I have never seen a timer held to my head like a gun and I do take the time to look up terms that I am not sure about.  That is part of the test as well, in the situation of what resources do you have at your fingertips to look things up and how quickly can you do so?

With the actual transcrption portion of the test, I use Word, my spellchecker and other references and go from there.  I also try to format the report as close as I can as to the actual report being dictated.  I then copy and paste into the "test dictation" format and save and then send. 

The most important thing is before you hit the "submit" button is to go back and double check any items on the test that you may question  -- no, I am not a "suit" but only an MT, who has taken a lot of these tests, failed a few, and had numerous job offers  -- right now, with what I have, plenty of work, weekly pay, staying put.

Some useful points for well-functioners who can benefit. - Yes, paranoia is rampant--in all directions.

[ In Reply To ..]
The companies are out to get us. They exist to abuse. Not other industries, just ours, which is far worse than anyone outside could imagine. BTW, how did you not know this? :)

voice recognition - shae

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree, but personally I have seen a decrease in our job demand. I have taken many tests, I just look at it as part of the territory and if I pass, great, if not, try again. Does anyone know of a good company hiring? I have 14+ years experience.

interesting - kaerae

[ In Reply To ..]
I am a recent graduate and I know what you are talking about. I just graduated in November and am having an extremely hard time finding a job working at home, because most companies want on hand experience. Can I ask what company you work for?

reply to your post - noname

[ In Reply To ..]
Hi, sorry but I don't post the name of my company. We may be hiring soon according to an email that the owner sent out today; however, they don't hire new graduates :(

Similar Messages:

Is Anyone Getting A Bunch Of
Oct 16, 2009

transcriptions for pts with H1N1?  It is making me think twice about getting the vaccine.  I am getting a bunch of them, and quite a few with type A influenza as well. ...

What A Bunch!!!
Feb 09, 2011

Gripe about lack of work, then HEAVEN forbid you have to test and give PERSONAL information  -- crimey is everyone in kindergarten?  You do NOT CALL the service first  - want to hurt your chances of NOT  being hired   - go ahead, calll the recruiter and/or MSTO and DEMAND  GUESS WHAT AINT GONNA GET HIRED  ...

BUNCH
Jan 12, 2013

Everyone on this board moans about how much they hate MModal and how horribly they're treated, but when given the opportunity to make the company squirm in a crisis, you all lick their boots and can't wait to help them out with the "incentives", which are impossible to meet, so you are working for the same nothing you always make.  I'm done with this board. ...

THIS IS A BUNCH OF. . . .
Oct 28, 2013

GARBAGE!!!!!!! Hard enough to make lines and now this?  Need a drink! ...

So They Fire/lay Off A Bunch Of MTs
Aug 26, 2013

is out of TAT. TSM says lots of second and third shifters were let go (code phrase-reduction in force) and now the rest of us need to step up and change our shift to second and third shift. ClusterMMuck at its finest. ...

What A Bunch Of A-holes
Dec 17, 2014

Only lost about $20 last week working PT thanks to their new pay schedule, 99.64% accuracy but 12.78 for QA because of blanks because of their incompetent dictators who don't know how to speak English and their poor quality voice files.  Oh yeah, and I'm getting put on a new accout too!  Aren't I lucky?  Guess I'll be joining the cherry pickers now.  ...

So They Hired A Bunch Of New MTs
Apr 20, 2015

supposedly so we won't have mandatory OT so much.  Do you think they hired for the shifts they were having trouble with & will give us our original hours/schedule back??  That would be the decent thing to do....  Yeah... I don't think they'll do it either. ...

Paranoid
Apr 06, 2010

I am even paranoid to type on this board for fear of a typo and somebody will say "see, those American transcriptions are terrible."  I proofread a couple of times before I hit "send." ...

Even More Paranoid
Dec 03, 2010

Not only am I paranoid about the keystrokes per hour and the mouse click-thing, I have gotten 3 reports back for "errors."  One of the report numbers I could not find all last month in my detailed list of reports, and on one the other two I seriously doubt that I was responsible for the errors that I am being acused of (they were both left-out words -- something I have never been guilty of before -- might have a typo as I am not perfect, but never once left out words, and supposedly I ...

I Know This Is Paranoid, But...
Jul 04, 2012

Is there a way to see on our paystub somewhere that we were actually paid time and a half today? I usually do a count on the metrics for the pay period, but the only way I think to make sure they pay us holiday pay is to keep a separate log for today and then do the metrics in two halves (one before today, one after today, and then add the two to what I did today at the holiday rate). It seems it should be a more straightforward.  They should do a line breakdown on our stubs for the pay pe ...

Enough With The Paranoid
May 18, 2013

Stop! ...

I Have One Dictator Whose Reports Always Have A Bunch Of Blanks In Them
Mar 02, 2010

I put so much more time and effort into his work and they always come out looking like Swiss cheese.  QA can fill in about 75% of these with their guesswork.  No way am I going to continue listening over and over again to his bad dictation when they are pretty much hopeless.  I'm going to listen once and that's it -- that way I'll get the most for my money I'll be paying for the QA! ...

Paranoid Or Deaf?
Jul 15, 2010

OK I am probably getting totally paranoid now, but do you think they manipulate the sound and speed of the dictations?  I have been typing for years now for MQ and all of the sudden, the sound is really muffled and I am having to turn the bass down, and I have had to back it up a couple of clicks on the speed.  Am I just getting old and deaf (and apparently hearing more slowly)?  Also anybody else besides me noticed the discrepancy between minutes of dictation and lines typed on ...

Am I Being Paranoid Or Have I Been Seeing A Lot Of MTs With Experience Being
Sep 30, 2010

I'm asking because I think I'm going to be one of those that will be let go. Is this a known practice with all companies, or is it me? I need my job. I work my hours when there's work, make up the time when there isn't. I just have the feeling about this and I don't know what to do. Should I hHang in there and look elsewhere or leave before they slam the door shut on me? Should I get out completely and look for something else? I've been an MT for 15 years and don& ...

Just Plain Paranoid
Dec 02, 2010

OK I have literally kept my foot on the transcription pedal while I have researched doctor names, drugs, and instruments on Google.  Also tap, tap, tapped a key when my husband called.  Is my production higher?  Nope.  Is my stress level through the roof?  Yep.  Blood sugar higher?  Yes.  Sugar cravings?  You better believe it.  Hate this stupid job even more than before.  ...

Am I Being Overly Paranoid Or Am I Right.
Jan 26, 2013

I have this sinking feeling that every so often QA decides they are going to catch a set amount of errors and they go about it.  Then, time passes and nothing.  Then, it starts up again.  It seems to have a pattern.  I personally noticed this not only because the e mail alerts from the review show up a lot at a time and then stop.  As well, my sup sends e mails that all of a sudden we (the MTs) are making so many errors.  (This is during the times I get a deluge of ...

Just Resigned Either I Am Paranoid Or I Have It Figured Out
Jun 14, 2010

I have worked for Medquist 7 years, started out 10 cents a line and I am Tier III ESL accounts.  Used to work for transcend before that.  We went to ASR and we were told to highlight and correct so we could "train" it.  We have been doing that for the C-Bay over in India through Spheris and Medquist who are owned by them in case you are new to this website.  Our loyalty and quality assurance has caused us to lose our jobs.  I resigned but I know a lot other well paid MT/ ...

Teammates! Be Paranoid! They Are Continuing
Apr 17, 2013

If you dont drive quality, you are out the door ...

If I Were The Paranoid Type I Would Suspect--sm
Nov 10, 2013

that Nuance was trying to make me use all of my PTO for OOW and then fire me.  I am not the paranoid type, at least, in this scenario I do not think that is their objective but, I no longer feel as secure as I once did.  I used to think that I was likely okay because I worked the shifts and days fewer people did, like Sunday night (which was reportedly a time they needed more workers).  I will run out of work tonight before my shift ends, very, very unusual for a Sunday.  I w ...

Jobs Being Mysteriously Held In A Bunch Of Florida Accounts
Oct 29, 2009

I would appreciate hearing from anyone (e-mail me if you wish) if you have suddenly got NJA all day today with regard to a bunch of southern Florida accounts (cannot mention which hospital of course, but if you are an MT for them you will know which ones).  I e-mailed the person in charge of workload and the explanation was that "difficult dictators" are only being given to those who can do them.  I am a tier 3, 7 yrs with MQ and 30 as an MT (so pretty much experienced and been there d ...

It Is Great When The Company Dumps A Bunch Of Garbage Work On You, And Sm
Oct 17, 2014

You can honestly say to them, "I don't care anymore," and mean it because you have finally wised up and gave up the hope that things will ever get any better and found something new. I wrote many papers in college, but none gave the pleasure that is coming to me from writing my letter of resignation. :-) ...

FIESA Quarterly Bonus - Getting A Little Paranoid
Dec 03, 2014

I may be getting a little paranoid here, but has anyone noticed when you are just a hairline smidge away from your 99% to get the bonus, all of a sudden there are no post audits being done?   ...

Saince Testing? Transcription Or Vocabulary/terminology Type Testing?
Jun 16, 2014

Anyone willing to tell if it is multiple dictations, how many, etc.  Were you able to get foot pedal to work with it? any info helpful.  ...

Fiesa Makes Me Paranoid, For A Good Reason.
Oct 10, 2013

There is a doctor who in almost every report has at least one discrepancy and made a really glaring one and I carefully flagged it with my concern (obviously wrong medication).   The QC came back with a "major error" failure to flag.  Well I knew without a doubt I had flagged it and I was later proved correct by my supervisor.  Why would she do that?  Did she think I wouldn't notice?  Then I saw that it was the same QC that oftentimes p ...

Testing For MQ
Nov 20, 2009

It is truly laughable that MQ expects US MTs to jump through hoops, passing their tests, audits, trying to decipher absolute garbage and paying us like we were 6 month trainees, etc., and then have the audacity to send work to India.  I hope MQ gets its due for all the grief they have caused and their role in the demise of this industry!  If Verizon were to put them out of business, that would definitely be what they deserve. ...

FN Testing/ESL?
Dec 21, 2009

Does anyone work for FutureNet ?? Or worked there in the past on ESL accounts? How was the test?  How are the ESL accounts? Incredibly awful dictators??Thanks! ...

When Testing ....
Mar 17, 2010

How are you supposed to know whether to put the headings and text on the same line or put the text on the line under the heading, put a colon after heading or not put a colon?  They said they go by BOS, but all I see pertaining to that in the BOS is the sample reports where they put the text under the heading with no colons after the heading.  I guess I'll just do it that way.  ...

Lab Testing
Jun 23, 2010

Doctor says her MELD score is 29.  Her s/l madrete???? discriminant function is 85. ...

Osi Testing
Aug 24, 2010

Has anyone ever tested for OSI - I hear it is quite lengthy and indepth - almost more indepth than the CMT test - anyone know from experience ? ...

Testing At ROI
Mar 21, 2011

Has anyone ever taken the test with ROI? and if so, did you pass? WOW what a test! Does anyone else feel the same way? ...