A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

what a bunch!!! - anon

Posted: Feb 09, 2011

Gripe about lack of work, then HEAVEN forbid you have to test and give PERSONAL information  -- crimey is everyone in kindergarten?  You do NOT CALL the service first  - want to hurt your chances of NOT  being hired   - go ahead, calll the recruiter and/or MSTO and DEMAND  GUESS WHAT AINT GONNA GET HIRED 

tsk, tsk, such language! (nm) - billie

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

bille - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
I posted in caps because of a post further down the board who DEMANDED MTSOs give information up front. Call MTSOs and demand line rate up front? a lot of MTs ARE delusional and they have to wake up to their "reality." What do THEY want?, insurance, benefits or IC status? - THINK ABOUT IT -- recruiters and companies are SWAMPED with resumes, test results etc. It took me MONTHS before I found the company that I work for currently, and yes, THREE tests. You, my dear, need to get off your "plateu" quit being a hobby MT and work -- I know for a fact that my company IS hiring and an ad on this board now. However, if you don't want to work when you say you will or put a few hours in on weekends, then likely, you will not get hired. This profession is NOT 9-5

You made me smile after a long day - LOL

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

let me guess...Recruiter? - NM

[ In Reply To ..]

your post - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
Just an observant MT is all and seeing VERY bitter MTs.

MTs have every right to gripe - We are disrespected and underpaid

[ In Reply To ..]

Some are and some are not - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Some may be in the wrong job, but others haven't done anything to earn respect. They can demand it all they want, but that isn't a very effective way to change things for the better. Plenty of MTs are doing fine. They also receive an appropriate amount of respect. This is business, so what some are demanding is not appropriate for a business relationship.

Management for sure - Just saying

[ In Reply To ..]
You haven't a clue honey! The majority of MTs work their fingers off for what have become "slave wages" and work 2nd and 3rd shifts and weekends. Pay has been cut in half if not more. There is absolutely no respect from management of larger MTSOs for their MTs, who are now considered expendable. Quality is a thing of the past, and so is loyalty. Sadly, it isn't just in the MT industry. It's across the board...anything big business can offshor, they do offshore; anything a machine can do, so much the better. As long as they are making billions and keeping their employees in the poverty zone so much the better. TIME FOR CHANGE PEOPLE...WAKE UP!

Similar Messages:

Is Anyone Getting A Bunch Of
Oct 16, 2009

transcriptions for pts with H1N1?  It is making me think twice about getting the vaccine.  I am getting a bunch of them, and quite a few with type A influenza as well. ...

BUNCH
Jan 12, 2013

Everyone on this board moans about how much they hate MModal and how horribly they're treated, but when given the opportunity to make the company squirm in a crisis, you all lick their boots and can't wait to help them out with the "incentives", which are impossible to meet, so you are working for the same nothing you always make.  I'm done with this board. ...

THIS IS A BUNCH OF. . . .
Oct 28, 2013

GARBAGE!!!!!!! Hard enough to make lines and now this?  Need a drink! ...

So They Fire/lay Off A Bunch Of MTs
Aug 26, 2013

is out of TAT. TSM says lots of second and third shifters were let go (code phrase-reduction in force) and now the rest of us need to step up and change our shift to second and third shift. ClusterMMuck at its finest. ...

What A Bunch Of A-holes
Dec 17, 2014

Only lost about $20 last week working PT thanks to their new pay schedule, 99.64% accuracy but 12.78 for QA because of blanks because of their incompetent dictators who don't know how to speak English and their poor quality voice files.  Oh yeah, and I'm getting put on a new accout too!  Aren't I lucky?  Guess I'll be joining the cherry pickers now.  ...

So They Hired A Bunch Of New MTs
Apr 20, 2015

supposedly so we won't have mandatory OT so much.  Do you think they hired for the shifts they were having trouble with & will give us our original hours/schedule back??  That would be the decent thing to do....  Yeah... I don't think they'll do it either. ...

I Have One Dictator Whose Reports Always Have A Bunch Of Blanks In Them
Mar 02, 2010

I put so much more time and effort into his work and they always come out looking like Swiss cheese.  QA can fill in about 75% of these with their guesswork.  No way am I going to continue listening over and over again to his bad dictation when they are pretty much hopeless.  I'm going to listen once and that's it -- that way I'll get the most for my money I'll be paying for the QA! ...

I Have Never Seen Such A Paranoid Bunch Of MTs When It Comes To Testing On MTTtest
Jan 09, 2011

I have been reading recent posts regarding testing -- filling in information, etc., and I have never seen such a bunch of paranoid MTs in my life.  I tell the truth regarding my resume, SS#, phone number and experience.  Yes, I HAVE "failed" tests wtih MTTest.com and decided that company postiion was not for me.  My newest job; I was called on the phone, offered the position, had to test, failed the "third written test" but was still hired.  I am making an above average salar ...

Jobs Being Mysteriously Held In A Bunch Of Florida Accounts
Oct 29, 2009

I would appreciate hearing from anyone (e-mail me if you wish) if you have suddenly got NJA all day today with regard to a bunch of southern Florida accounts (cannot mention which hospital of course, but if you are an MT for them you will know which ones).  I e-mailed the person in charge of workload and the explanation was that "difficult dictators" are only being given to those who can do them.  I am a tier 3, 7 yrs with MQ and 30 as an MT (so pretty much experienced and been there d ...

It Is Great When The Company Dumps A Bunch Of Garbage Work On You, And Sm
Oct 17, 2014

You can honestly say to them, "I don't care anymore," and mean it because you have finally wised up and gave up the hope that things will ever get any better and found something new. I wrote many papers in college, but none gave the pleasure that is coming to me from writing my letter of resignation. :-) ...