A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Is anybody working and getting random jobs from different accounts? - Too tired

Posted: Jan 10, 2010

Just venting a little.  While I do appreciate being able to work and not getting NJAk, I am a little frustrated getting every other job from 2 or 3 new and different acounts.  Do they really expect me to make line count like that?  I know there is a better way to distribute and get the work done within TAT.  I mean really.... sigh. Looks like the forbidden "national pools" coming back.  If my regular accounts have no work, then why oh why cant that just give me ONE that needs help and maybe by the end of my shift I will learn the CP and get a decent line count.

And one more thing, when work is low why cant that take volunteers to take off w/o pay cause I know there are those that cant afford to and do not have PTO, and every once in a while I wouldnt mind it so others can work, I just hate that stupid 15 minute wait with NJA cause never fails.. job always pop up after waiting 10, 12 or even 14 minutes... LOL

Love you guys! I know I am not alone here on this.Undecided

You're scaraing me - shipwrecked

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm about to log on, and there's no work in my usual accounts. I'd rather get NJA than the cesspool.

I'm betting you live in CA or one of the other (few) - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
states where they have to pay benefit rate for NJA. I know that's why I rarely to never get NJA....when my BOB accounts run low....I get to take a murky dip in the good ole' cesspool AKA the national pool.

This company does not know how to handle work flow. It has NOTHING to do with some of us complaining about no work, either, hence the cesspool(as some here seem to think)....It's because they have knuckleheads running this company.

We have a right to expect a consistent, familiar flow of work.

Not in CA or one of those states.. just a tier 3 in old SA2 -- - Too tired

[ In Reply To ..]
not sure where I am now in MQ world. North region?? I have had work tonight from my CCM and 2 other's BOB. Just me guessing as for when you run out of work and go into another BOB, you just get the latest jobs first, and if they have 5 accounts, you might end up doing all 5 of them. There needs to be a way to get 1 of the 5 and other MTs who run out of work get split among the 5 accounts regularly so we have 1 account as a backup backup. I guess that would be too easy - LOL

I am getting jobs from all over the BOB too. - dnr

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm in SA2 also. Since the merge of two groups in the north, there has been a lot less work. Guess a lot more people scrambling for the same amount of work.
Phew - shipwrecked
[ In Reply To ..]
I lucked out! I'm in the newly merged North area and got NJA. Did the HIPAA instead. FYI - there 8 questions in the test at the end.
me too... - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
We probably have the same CCM in the north. CCM stated we would still get the same workload and no extra folks were going onto these accounts. Right!!!! I think what happened is those MTs from the latest account we were "lucky" enough to have put into out BOB (Swed) are also being given other work outside of their account. CCM said this also wouldn't happen when this account came on board.

If the above aren't occurring, then the only reason for the extra NJA since the merger has to be sending more to ILP.

This is just my opinion but it seems more than a coincidence, though, in the timing to me.

Volunteers - Dinosaur

[ In Reply To ..]
Back in ancient times (original MRC days) when work was low, everyone in the office would do one less report than they normally would, or 50 to 100 less lines a day. This would leave enough work for at least one MT per account. We all did it willingly and it worked.

I realize that was a much smaller scale than we have today, but I think many of us would volunteer to take a little time off or do a few less lines a day. That way all MTs on an account would at least get some of their primary before they went into their back up accounts or cesspool.

Question about the pool - MT2020

[ In Reply To ..]
When you have to work from a pool, that has different accounts on it, you are having to switch programs? Like some may be DocQScribe, some Cerner, etc? I'm thinking a pool could have anywhere from 10 to 15 accounts, and whatever comes up you have to know how to do. How the heck do they train you for all those accounts? I'm just really baffled about the pool - can you tell?

Just happened to me. - SA3

[ In Reply To ..]
Since the region merger, things have been pretty smooth and I have only had jobs come in from accounts I have always been working on.

A minute ago, I received a report for a facility that I have never had before. It was also a STAT report. JOY!

PS...It also showed up - SA3

[ In Reply To ..]
as a "recovered" job (with the 'R' in the box next to the job number as well as the STAT symbol). I had not logged off unexpectedly or anything to make me have any recovered jobs in my queue. I looked at the job history and it told me nothing.

Definitely strange. Luckily, it was a good dictator and an easy report, but still a facility I had never had any reports for so I had to take time to look at the CP and all.

Similar Messages:

NJA (No Jobs Available) 20 Accounts
Nov 05, 2014

20 accounts? Where are they in the middle of a Wednesday afternoon? ...

26 Accounts, 94 Jobs....
Apr 06, 2015

Saturday afternoon status report 04/04/2015 at 12:43 p.m. 26 accounts and 94 jobs total.   Not a status report sent since--no a status report yesterday or today... But, "keep checking back."   ...

25 Accounts, 73 Jobs
Apr 23, 2015

Tomorrow is my last day at Nuance.  This is one reason why--NO WORK.   While it is slow check Fiesa, sign time sheet, take a class in Enrich, wait 15 minutes, check back, request reversals....no thanks.  I never got paid for doing those things.   Request reversals...that is interesting isnt' it?  Fiesa is like a court of law where you are considered guility unless you can prove your innocence and the "laws" are unclear and not consistent.  There is no consis ...

Can I Go Back To Bed? First 5 Jobs - All Different Accounts ..
Mar 06, 2012

Working on getting out every day.   I think we should challenge all the CCMs to actually sit and do this crap one day, and have an upper mgt person sitting alongside watching them.  Maybe they could pull up all the different specs .. you know we are now supposed to check F5 on every report, right?  ROTL .. that is what we were told recently. Then maybe they'd fix the darn pools.  Walk a mile in my shoes upper mgt!!!    ...

No Jobs-Strategic Accounts
Jun 07, 2013

Does anyone have much work on Strategic Accounts- not me for 2 days now!!!  I would love to make my hours, but can't! All having a good day in spite? ...

33 Jobs On 14 Accounts This Morning....
Nov 01, 2014

Yep--ran out.  There is no work here.     ...

5 Jobs On 5 Accounts In 5 Hours
Mar 19, 2015

5 is my favorite number. I have 5 children. I like numbers that end in 5. I'll admit, when I turn the heat on in the car, I would rather is be on a temperature that ends in a 5....65, 75, 85...I set the microwave for only times that end in 5 or can be divided by 5, which is 5 and 0.... you get it... BUT, when it comes to the 5 hours a day that I am scheduled and I have had 5 jobs on 5 accounts in those 5 hours, 5 isn't such a great number. WHERE IS MY WORK??? No answer from ...

Working On Multiple Accounts
Apr 30, 2010

I work for an MTSO and have been given 4 accounts. After my first one ran out of work they gave me another, and then when that one ran out they gave me another and so on and so forth. My primary and secondary accounts I like, they are basically sister hospitals and are pretty similar. My fourth account is very large and always has work and is a totally different type of hospital, but I like the work and the packet the QA people sent me is very informative and easy to find what you need. However ...

I Am Currently Working As An IC And Trying To Get Accounts On My Own. Currently Have One Doctor That
Jul 12, 2011

but I am looking for more work.  Does anyone know how I would go about setting something up so the doctor could call in and dictate and I could get the dictation and then type it?  I would rather do the sound files but in case they don't want to do that I would like to know my options.  I was also thinking it might be cheaper for me to pay for their digital handheld as I think they are less than $100.  Thanks for any suggestions.  I really appreciate it.  ...

Reminder That Anyone Working On VA Accounts Must
Jun 23, 2015

I am posting this because a company called Stone Network posted an ad on the jobs board for VA transcriptionists for IC positions.  That's a big fat no-no, Stone Network.  Someone is going to rat you out to the DOL and/ or the VA. ...

Keeping Track Of Multiple Accounts/jobs
May 18, 2010

I recently quit my hospital MT job and started working for a mid sized MTSO. This was a big change for me, different platforms, different rules, different type of accounts. I have 4 accounts with this job, all with their own little rules and formats and things. On top of that I recently was hired and quit with another large MTSO for weekend work (didn't like the QA or managers; I was constantly being forgotten). Anyway, I quit them after 2 weeks and was just hired as an IC for small MTSO an ...

Are Nuance MLS Working On Transcend Accounts? My Workload Has
Oct 19, 2012

Just wondering if we're all sharing accounts now. ...

Jobs Being Mysteriously Held In A Bunch Of Florida Accounts
Oct 29, 2009

I would appreciate hearing from anyone (e-mail me if you wish) if you have suddenly got NJA all day today with regard to a bunch of southern Florida accounts (cannot mention which hospital of course, but if you are an MT for them you will know which ones).  I e-mailed the person in charge of workload and the explanation was that "difficult dictators" are only being given to those who can do them.  I am a tier 3, 7 yrs with MQ and 30 as an MT (so pretty much experienced and been there d ...

Working 2 Jobs
Aug 30, 2011

Just curious, you know misery loves company, how many others are working a FT and a PT job in MT.  Any keys to survival? ...

How Many Of You Are Working 2 Jobs?
Jul 20, 2012

Do any of you work for Nuance (or other bigger companies) and M*Modal at the same time?  Is it hard to balance?  Is it worth it?  ...

We Should Be Able To Get Jobs Working For
Mar 14, 2015

With all the mistakes I find on news articles and even the tickers that come across the screen. I've been at this job waaayyy too long. ...

Working At These Terribly Low-paying MT Jobs.
Dec 09, 2012

I have a couple of questions.  What happens if you don't make at least minimum wage as an employee?  A few questions down, it is calculated around $5/hr if the poster makes what she says.  Do they fire you if you are under minimum wage?  How do they keep MTs at that low, low rate? Also someone pointed out "it's even as an IC."  Curious (I'm really confused) why it matters if you are IC or an employee.  Obviously there are benefits, but aren't yo ...

Random IRS Question
Feb 05, 2011

I've been shopping accountants and have been told 2 different things regarding being an IC and filing with deductions. One told me that in CA a party cannot reside in an apartment and file as/deduct business expenses.  Another one never mentioned this and gave me an estimate for preparation based on filing as an IC and a business return. Does anyone know which of these 2 are correct?  I'm rather confused as how both can be licensed and yet give totally separate guidelines ...

Random Thought
Jun 29, 2012

I do both medical and general transcription. I know there is much discussion about MTs standing a bit above GTs in the Invisible Hierarchy of Transcription because of the responsibility involved and amount of training required. I get that. I also know that general transcription is hard work and requires a lot of knowledge about a lot of things in order to do it well. What I JUST got, though, is the fact that a good general transcriptionist (one who can think and knows how to research unfamiliar ...

Some Random Thoughts
Mar 22, 2013

that has now become "working" for MModal.  since I have no work today at the start of my shift, thought I would share.   New 99% accuracy requirement:  This is the pay cut everyone was fearing, just with a different name.  More accuracy means more time spent going over reports for "errors" hence less pay.  Of course, no pay raises for increased accuracy requirements and no mention of adjusted line count requirements.  It wouldn't surprise me if 100% accuracy w ...

Why Is It, If Audits Are Really Random, That
Mar 07, 2015

ones who seem to be audited?  Not the clear-speaking ones EVER.  Usually ESL but not always, as not all are bad.  Not all English-speaking ones are good, either.  As you all know. With that in mind, knowing exactly who the difficult dictators are, and the fact that I never have post audits by them, I am finding it impossible to believe that these audits are "random."  I have about half and half decent dictators and horrible/mumbling idiots, and it's always the latt ...

Random Thought Here - I Was Just Wondering
Jan 15, 2014

if our supervisors have our best interest in mind.   I know they are all scared for their jobs too, but couldn't they go to bat for us and let the "higher ups" know that having us in one giant pool typing so many accounts is not going to help in keeping jobs in TAT.   Yesterday, I got a different hospital for the first 2 hours of my shift - no back-to-back jobs from the same facility until well into my shift.   I was playing catch up all day and all night to ke ...

Where To View Random Audits????
Dec 10, 2014

I know how to check Fiesa and reports I sent for blanks, etc. Now they will be doing these random audits every single week and we have until Friday to get in any questions. Where will these show up? Right in Fiesa? I'm curious b/c these wont be ones I am sending over myself for blanks so where do they show up at for us to see what is being marked off, if anything??Thanks. ...

For Anyone That Works At TTS Are The Accounts Difficult Accounts And
Jul 09, 2013

how is the platform.  I know people have negative comments about them but are there any positive ones.  I would only try it PT and IC.  Not sure that would work out or not.  ...

I Assume The Bayscribe Accounts Are The Old MDI-MD Accounts -- Sm
Jan 30, 2014

is that correct? If so, are CB and DF still involved? I love Bayscribe, and I was thinking about biting the bullet and applying to Nuance for some PT work, but I kind of butted heads with the 2 ladies and so I don't want to waste my time. Thanks for your input. ...

Just Another Vent About Jobs, No Jobs, Requirement Of Jobs, Etc.
Aug 18, 2010

It is insulting to all of us with the way that MT pay has gone down the drain, it is frustrating and aggravating to look for a "decent" job these days, trying to work out which companies will treat you fairly, which ones lie about their platforms, work, etc., and not only do these companies not want to pay us what we are worth but now I see that MANY companies are requiring the MT to have or "be willing" to purchase hundreds of dollars worth of equipment.  If an employer can PROMISE IN ...

S/l Random Blood Sugar 110 Mg "percent"
Nov 28, 2011

s/l mg "percent" how is this written? thanks. ...

I Love Their "random" Audits.
Jan 17, 2014

Okay, I'm very familiar with all 10 of my accounts and get them all equally and have no problem with them...except one, which I rarely get and has the worst dictators I've ever heard and is the only one that I struggle with.  Guess which one they audit 98% of the time?  I get audited 2 or 3 times a month for some reason (never failing any yet, however, close), and looking back at my results for the past 6 months or so, nearly all are from the same joke of a hospital.  Al ...

Random Audit Due Today...waiting, Waiting.
Apr 11, 2014

My random audits have happened the last 3 months between the 10th and 15th of each month.  So, now... well, I guess I wait to see where the axe will fall.   ...

Medical Jobs Online Posting On Jobs Board
Dec 09, 2013

Kind of wondering if this last job posting on the jobs board might be associated with one of those "you pay us to find you a job" type of organization.  I googled Medical Jobs Online and found nothing stating that are a legitimate MTSO :( ...